HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)

Go down 
+2
Vandal
Prince of Judah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) Empty
PostSubject: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:59 am

What do you all think about all of this rail shooting in RE 4 and crazy bosses like Del Lagos? I really dislike this new element. I haven't gotten to Del Lagos yet but I remember fighting it a long time ago, and I recall it being unpleasant. Bosses like Del Lagos feel like work and not play. I also don't much care for call of duty style vehicle shootouts. Please note that I am not making a comparison with COD. But it does feel a bit out of place. I would prefer long cutscenes, as a reward for previous hard fighting.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 am

Uh.. I actually like the boss fight with Del Lago. And it's not really a railshooter if you can move around; you're being dragged, yes, but railshooters usually only allow you to look around at best. I like the change of pace, the game keeps you on your feet. He's an excellent boss in my opinion, he's scary as shit, he makes sure it's a fair fight, cause if you have a PLR or infinate rocket launcher you can't just blast away, if you get knocked out of your boat you're downright terrified.

I also have no idea what you mean by Call of Duty style vehicle shoot outs. The only vehicles you shoot are charging at you, and all you do is shoot at it until it curves into a wall. You do this only four times in the game. If you haven't gotten to Del Lago, then you didn't shoot any trucks yet, so what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 am

Mercy wrote:
I also have no idea what you mean by Call of Duty style vehicle shoot outs. The only vehicles you shoot are charging at you, and all you do is shoot at it until it curves into a wall. You do this only four times in the game. If you haven't gotten to Del Lago, then you didn't shoot any trucks yet, so what are you talking about?
I guess he means the part in RE5 where you are sitting on the back of the Humvee.

As for Del Lago, I liked the boss. It was a nice change of pace indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:16 am

He was talking about Resident Evil 4 in one part of the paragraph and then he talks about that sp I just assumed that he was still talking about Resident Evil 4.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:48 am

I was talking about both games.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Del Lago Was a damn terrifying boss you don't know what the hell it is only that it lives under the lake and BOOM! it strikes, one of the many awesome moments of RE4 imo. As for RE5's shooting sections I liked the one on the boat taking on Irvine(that's another story though) So to conclude I liked the Del Lago battle wouldn't change it at all because lets face it if your expecting cut scenes every 10 minutes your playing the wrong game....the line for metal gear is on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:14 pm

well fighting things like Del Lago is an unpleasant chore for me.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 pm

And for me, I find myself struggle playing RE4 :/ EVEN on Easy
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Methsia wrote:
And for me, I find myself struggle playing RE4 :/ EVEN on Easy

I hear ya. I am fine on normal but when those three chainsaw chicks show up and other overwhelming enemies I am sure I will barely be able to make it or simply fail. RE 5 is in many ways even harder for me thanks to the fact that there is not enough ammo. On easy there is BARELY enough.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:29 pm

You guys just really don't know how to enjoy Resident Evil...

Del Lago is one of the most memorable boss fights I've had in videogames. If you want an easier game go play Gears. If you think Del Lago is a chore and Resident Evil 5 doesn't have enough ammo, them clearly something is wrong with this picture. I mean, Resident Evil 5 was so easy I beat it the first time in one sitting.

Also the only difficulties on Resident Evil 4 is Normal and Professional.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Mercy wrote:
You guys just really don't know how to enjoy Resident Evil...

Del Lago is one of the most memorable boss fights I've had in videogames. If you want an easier game go play Gears. If you think Del Lago is a chore and Resident Evil 5 doesn't have enough ammo, them clearly something is wrong with this picture. I mean, Resident Evil 5 was so easy I beat it the first time in one sitting.

Also the only difficulties on Resident Evil 4 is Normal and Professional.

RE5 was indeed the easiest game in the series. As for RE4 in the UK we had Easy and Normal difficulties as default options(I hate the fact we always get an easy option....)Professional of course you unlocked after you completed the game once.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 am

Ah, I didn't know that, I wonder why that is. The more Y'know I suppose. But yeah, Resident Evil 5 was way easy, not to say that it's a bad game, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:40 am

Del lago was not memorable to me as i did not find it hard to kill it both on normal and professional.For one, You don't need ammo to kill it. Except to watch out for the tree in the lake when the thing drags the boat around.

As for using the turret in RE 5, I hated it. Its totally unnecessary in a RE game. The weapon is laggy and does not fire immediately as i pull the trigger.I somehow managed it with Ndesu gigante(on normal).

I think plot in RE 5 was very thin as the entire game revolves around very few characters. RE 4 had enough characters and plot for 6 chapters.So that would explain few cut scenes in 5. Play RE 4 if you want a game with thicker plot and many characters with a lot of cut scenes including seperate ways.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:11 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Del lago was not memorable to me as i did not find it hard to kill it both on normal and professional.For one, You don't need ammo to kill it. Except to watch out for the tree in the lake when the thing drags the boat around.

As for using the turret in RE 5, I hated it. Its totally unnecessary in a RE game. The weapon is laggy and does not fire immediately as i pull the trigger.I somehow managed it with Ndesu gigante(on normal).

I think plot in RE 5 was very thin as the entire game revolves around very few characters. RE 4 had enough characters and plot for 6 chapters.So that would explain few cut scenes in 5. Play RE 4 if you want a game with thicker plot and many characters with a lot of cut scenes including seperate ways.

Del lago just doesn't do it for everyone =P memorable moments like the first encounter with El Gigante, the first encounter with the Regenerators, the creepy cultists and Mendez'z transformation there is hundreds of them for 4.

5's plot wasn't just thin it was cliched as hell I mean how many people knew off the bat that:
Spoiler:
so many because capcom spoiled the entire game with all those trailers. And the other thing 5 failed on was just taking one segment from what made 4 perfect(only using the action part of the game) they scrapped the merchant(who was supposed to be in 5) the whole zombies vs Majini's battle not to mention Barry as Chris's partner character... so much wasted potential for what 5 became. Cutscenes 4 is boss for those 5 is just hey look over there.....BOOOM! *insert millions of Micheal Bay style explosions here and there*
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:07 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
The weapon is laggy and does not fire immediately as i pull the trigger.
That's how chain guns work, dude.

As for the story in 5, I still prefer it over 4. It's one of my favorite RE games, being in my top 3 for both story and as a whole.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:32 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
chrisredfield84 wrote:
The weapon is laggy and does not fire immediately as i pull the trigger.
That's how chain guns work, dude.

As for the story in 5, I still prefer it over 4. It's one of my favorite RE games, being in my top 3 for both story and as a whole.

Yeah but still not necessary in a survival-horror game which RE 5 was not as i expected it to play like RE 4. I liked how RE 4 had weapons that concentrated on survival more than action. With weapons like mine thrower, semi-automatic rifle with infra-red scope.

Yeah i know that are a lot of people that complain of how RE has become since the earlier games and even complain on RE 4. But that was my 2 cents anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)   Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot) Empty

Back to top Go down

Semi-Scripted Scenes and Rail Shooting, (Del Lagos and whatnot)
Page 1 of 1