HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?

Go down 
+9
RebelliousQueen
Spike991
ChickenHeart
Sargent D
weskersbarber
Vandal
Methsia
00biohazard
chrisredfielmusculo
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? Empty
PostSubject: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:01 pm

ok,so here is the deal,how do you see the resident evil series in lets say 20 years frown now on?
what do you think its gona happen to the franchise,to make it to resident evil 10,or capcom ffinaly decides to end the series and finally make one last big game,and meanwhile what do you think its gona happen,to the characters and the story?
i mean the series have to end at some point,so do you think that the virus will be exterminated or it will spread and control the world?

i think the series will last at least 10 years,with some main titles,spin offs,after a while i think capcom(or waybe another game production,if it changes down the road) when the game stops being wordy to produce because of the lack of income,they will make one final last EPIC game with all the closures that whe want

discuss Smile
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:05 pm

I think RE has got at least 2 big sequels before ending the franchise entirely, and thats a conservative estimate. As long as there is money to be made, RE will exist. Like you say, if the dough stops rolling in, maybe theyll make another game with classic camera, or a different story and gameplay, and if that one flops, RE will cease to exist.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 2:19 pm

00biohazard wrote:
I think RE has got at least 2 big sequels before ending the franchise entirely, and thats a conservative estimate. As long as there is money to be made, RE will exist. Like you say, if the dough stops rolling in, maybe theyll make another game with classic camera, or a different story and gameplay, and if that one flops, RE will cease to exist.

i hope chris retires,and opens a gym,together with his wife jill

Razz
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 3:54 pm

A vegetable.

I jk.

Hmmmm. Something about Alex Wesker. I bet. And more Sherry.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Methsia wrote:
A vegetable.

I jk.

Hmmmm. Something about Alex Wesker. I bet. And more Sherry.

a vegetable?

wtf man
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Quote :
i hope chris retires,and opens a gym,together with his wife jill
Opens a gym?

Wtf man?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 pm

It will have to end sometime. We dont really want to see it go on to Resident Evil 12 or 13 etc. As much as I love this franchise, I think it should have maybe two more big sequels after RE6. Saying that Capcom are money grabbing cunts, and will rip the shit out of the franchise as long as they get there money.

I also think its time they killed of a big character, a protagnist such as Chris or Leon as they are getting old and have appeared in there fair share of games already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:31 pm

I see the RE series as we know it either forming completely into Call of Duty: Resident Warfare or being killed entirely. I don't think we'll see Capcom returning RE to it's roots or doing anything innovative with the series. A few years (or decades) after the RE series dies, it might get rebooted, but it will never be the same as it was 10+ years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:12 pm

I don't think the series will be around for another 10 years, and if it does it will be like people are saying above me, it will be like CoD but with RE.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 pm

After RE6 it will be rebooted is my guess. People will still complain about how "it's nothing like the old games" but they'll still have great sells. Resident Evil is Capcom's cash cow the only way it'll be gone in 10 years is if Capcom is gone in 10 years. Even then someone would jump on the rights to the series. RE4/RE5 have pretty large fanbases so I really don't see how the new style has negatively effected the series to have it be ruined any time soon. We'll also see spin offs that will either be loved or hated as is the case with Outbreak, Survivor/Dead Aim and what appears to be ORC
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:22 pm

保守的な wrote:
I see the RE series as we know it either forming completely into Call of Duty: Resident Warfare or being killed entirely. I don't think we'll see Capcom returning RE to it's roots or doing anything innovative with the series. A few years (or decades) after the RE series dies, it might get rebooted, but it will never be the same as it was 10+ years ago.

RE6 looks pretty innovative.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Resident Evil is Capcom's biggest franchised game of all time. I don't think that they will let it disfranchised or die. I think they'll continue making REmakes. RE 10 years from now? Well, on RE6 The Virus had already spread the entire world. Like Hunnigan said 70% of population has already infected. If Leon said he was going to scrub the virus from the face of the earth. Well, Its a long proccess. Anything can happened. Nothing is permanent.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm

That's definately true that RE is Capcom's biggest franchise Missy.

I'm indifferent to it's dissolution. As far as I'm concerned, it can go on forever or be done tomorrow.

I'm just anxious for ORC and RE6 for right now.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Spike991 wrote:
That's definately true that RE is Capcom's biggest franchise Missy.

I'm indifferent to it's dissolution. As far as I'm concerned, it can go on forever or be done tomorrow.

I'm just anxious for ORC and RE6 for right now.

Yeah, I feel the same way too. I really got no Idea what was going to happened on RE6 thats why I kinda worry. Though i feel like playing ORC. But now, Im not in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:41 am

Resident Evil has already been under the thread of not existing for a couple of times. The original game would have been cancelled but Shinji Mikami insisted on continuing the project. Then, after Zer0 and the low sales of the spinoffs following that, RE4 was supposed to be the last of the franchise unless it did good, which it did and we get to enjoy the fruits of it today. That said, anything can happen. RE still seems to be selling well (RE6 being the most pre-ordered RE to date and the most anticipated game of 2012) so it's safe to say it won't be gone by a long shot. Not unless the sales drop drastically and they will have to resort to a grande finale (like RE4 was supposed to be).

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Like Hunnigan said 70% of population has already infected.
70% of the population of the town Leon's in. Not of the world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 am

In 10 years there will be a resident evil collection with all of them in one package
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am

I think Capcom will probably squeeze out 2 more main games max and more spin-offs. I highly doubt that RE will see 9 and over. I think 6 will be last time we'll see Leon and Chris. After that, Capcom will bring in new characters and a story. Seriously, how long can the series last? They're basically milking those utters dry Neutral. Within 10-20 years, hopefully RE2/3 will be remade and Outbreak gets revived.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 am

chocotricks wrote:
In 10 years there will be a resident evil collection with all of them in one package
There already is one: [link]
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 am

When you have a long running franchise there's always going to be threats of cancelling. Sometimes games try something new and low sales result. In today's world though, nothing ever goes away. Look at TV shows for example. Family Guy, Futurama, etc have all been canceled sometimes more than once but fan support can bring anything back. RE0 didn't suffer poor sales because it was a bad game it suffered poor sales because it was on an unpopular system. Even then it was well recieved and sold over a million coies. Now I know what you're gonna say "RE4 was a GC exclusive". Yes, but shortly after the release Capcom stated a port would be coming to the PS2. The game had so much buzz it was gonna be a huge hit. As for the spin-offs some like Outbreak had great sales and even good reception from critics. Capcom killed the series itself by trying to break the scenarios up into multiple games and selling them at $50.00. Besides some spin-offs that sold poorly I really see now reason why Capcom would ever want to cancel the series. If you have sources Mass can you provide them? I just think it would be an interesting read.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:38 am

Sure thing.

Here's a link to the one regarding the first game almost being cancelled: [link]
The article has two internal sources under it if you want to delve deeper into the matter.

The thing about RE4 supposed to be the last RE, here's the article where I got that from: [link]
It's at the very end but I'd recommend reading the whole thing (including the diary scans), it was really good.

I didn't provide these in my original post because I knew it'd take time to find the articles again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 am

As long as their are Fans, Producers and Directors. Who supports RE and continue franchising the game and export it worldwide. Capcom will never stop making RE Series and REmakes. You can never imagine the money they got. Its almost a billion and it is higher that. RE is their source of income, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:43 am

RE is their source of income, I guess.
Still, it's not their only striving franchise. They also have Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, the Versus series, Ace Attorney, Megaman, Dead Rising and Monster Hunter, just to name the most succesful (and still running) ones.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RE is their source of income, I guess.
Still, it's not their only striving franchise. They also have Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, the Versus series, Ace Attorney, Megaman, Dead Rising and Monster Hunter, just to name the most succesful (and still running) ones.

Let me correct my word, I mean was, it is their biggest source of income. It sure does the games you stated above is one of Capcom's successful games. But still, RE is the highest and most famous of all. No RE, No Money.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 pm

As long as Resident Evil merchandise is still selling (unless it's bought used), believe me Capcom will still make money.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:35 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:
As long as Resident Evil merchandise is still selling (unless it's bought used), believe me Capcom will still make money.

Damn right, Jill. Thats what im talkin about, as long as there collectable items and limited editions. Capcom will just laugh at our ass. Just like I said. No Resident Evil, No Money for Capcom and they won't let it happened. Believe me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?   how do you see the resident evil series in the near future? Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you see the resident evil series in the near future?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next