Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
As a RE fan..... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
As a RE fan..... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
As a RE fan..... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
As a RE fan..... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
As a RE fan..... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
As a RE fan..... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
As a RE fan..... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

As a RE fan.....

Go down 
+9
Vandal
HUNK420
Ghost Leader
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
ChickenHeart
chocotricks
ChrisSherry
Evil Rage42
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:16 am

I enjoy all the games and movies equally, I have no favorites. Something's been bugging me and I feel that I should share it on the forums. Why do people hate so much on the movies? I express my opinion on youtube, facebook, etc., people always shout out "Have you even played the first RE??? You must be insane to like the films". I love the games just as much as I love the movies. Will anyone ever like the movies, even though they keep getting better and better? People want a reboot and I say, F*** em all. I can't really argue with their opinions, but it seems that the films might end cuz of all the hate. Hopefully they won't cuz they make alot of money. What are your thoughts? I'm not askign for opinions on the films, I'm asking for thoughts on the situation.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 am

Evil Rage42 wrote:
I enjoy all the games and movies equally, I have no favorites. Something's been bugging me and I feel that I should share it on the forums. Why do people hate so much on the movies? I express my opinion on youtube, facebook, etc., people always shout out "Have you even played the first RE??? You must be insane to like the films". I love the games just as much as I love the movies. Will anyone ever like the movies, even though they keep getting better and better? People want a reboot and I say, F*** em all. I can't really argue with their opinions, but it seems that the films might end cuz of all the hate. Hopefully they won't cuz they make alot of money. What are your thoughts? I'm not askign for opinions on the films, I'm asking for thoughts on the situation.

Well personally I love the games more then the movies and that will never change. However, I love the movies differently... they are enjoyable I think, it's like a different take on the RE series "movie style".
I think it's a bit lame how people pick on the movies so much... because a tons of movies based on Video Games or Books are always pretty much way different then the actual thing. So if they don't like the movies they don't need to watch them, I think it's that simple really lol

I wouldn't mind a different movie series based closer on the games... though I highly doubt that would happen.

Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 am

I dont mind the movies personally, to tell the truth. Its just the fact of them having nothing to do with the movies its weird idk they are pretty good its just weird
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 am

Giving characters the same names as those from the games is not "bringing the survival horror world of the hit video games to the big screen" Paul Anderson was a terrible choice for director. The end.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:37 pm

In my opinion the movies have actually gone worse by every title. Seriously, I'm not hating them as a part of the Resident Evil franchise, I'm hating them because they are bad. BUT because they are based on my favorite gaming franchise I keep hoping they might get better. It's just that plastering the name, characters, creatures and even scenes in the movies just for quick money is horrible. Still, by looking at the trailer for Retribution it at least looks better than the god-awful Afterlife. You know, when that movie comes out I'm gonna make the most unbiased rundown on them all that I'm capable of.

My opinion on the whole situation is that you shouldn't read too much into YouTube and Facebook comments. Most of them are usually just a bunch of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Mass hit it right on the head. I agree ^^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Evil Rage42 wrote:
If you like the movies, that's perfectly okay. Anyone who says otherwise can fuck off. That's my opinion on the matter. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
If you like the movies, that's perfectly okay. Anyone who says otherwise can fuck off. That's my opinion on the matter. Smile
Don't you just hate people that critize your opinion and tell you all about how there's is right.....just like 90% of YouTube.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
HUNK420
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
HUNK420

Playstation Network cynical420

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 pm

honestly i like the movies i have all of them but i am pissed that their nothing like the games all my life i wanted them to make a horror movie on resident evil wich the first one was pretty good about that but then it turned into a mixture of 5th element underworld and matrix thats what pissed me off but at least the next ones supposed to be more like the game introducing ada leon and barry but honestly afterlife was horible like they werent even trying thats just bad directing and 3 was really stupid by far my least fav but at least they figured out making alice superhuman was a mistake and took her power away ..... i think why the fans get so mad is because its like a slap in face to the fans everytime they make a movie my dream growing up was to become a director so that i could make RE into a movie it just sucks that they had to make the movies like all the other stupid action horror movies like underworld but thats what the majority of the small minded people of the world want to see
Back to top Go down
HUNK420
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
HUNK420

Playstation Network cynical420

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: like bo    As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

like bo burnham would say art is deeeeeaaaad especially in film and soon to be video games thanx alot halo and modern warfare
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:06 am

Sargent D wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Don't you just hate people that critize your opinion and tell you all about how there's is right.....just like 90% of YouTube.
...and me when the subject is RE4. Yes, I admit it. Razz

HUNK420 wrote:
honestly i like the movies i have all of them but i am pissed that their nothing like the games all my life i wanted them to make a horror movie on resident evil wich the first one was pretty good about that but then it turned into a mixture of 5th element underworld and matrix thats what pissed me off but at least the next ones supposed to be more like the game introducing ada leon and barry but honestly afterlife was horible like they werent even trying thats just bad directing and 3 was really stupid by far my least fav but at least they figured out making alice superhuman was a mistake and took her power away ..... i think why the fans get so mad is because its like a slap in face to the fans everytime they make a movie my dream growing up was to become a director so that i could make RE into a movie it just sucks that they had to make the movies like all the other stupid action horror movies like underworld but thats what the majority of the small minded people of the world want to see
No offense, friend, but it would really help us if you would try to use proper punctuation instead of running a paragraph into one giant sentence, which makes it difficult to read and understand. Wink

Edit:
ChrisSherry wrote:
because a tons of movies based on Video Games or Books are always pretty much way different then the actual thing.
To be honest, I think you guys are all misinterpreting what the "based on" moniker means. Most people damn the Anderson movies simply because they aren't shot for shot adaptions of the games, but basing something on another piece of media does not mean it has to be an exact retelling of it.

Quote :
I wouldn't mind a different movie series based closer on the games... though I highly doubt that would happen.
*Cough* Degeneration and Damnation *cough*
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Because Anderson had so much freedom with the Mortal Kombat film I guess he thought he had that same freedom with a game that actually had a story. The Anderson films does appeal to everyone, everyone except the fans. Which is kind of really bad. Not any type of bad, but just dreadful bad. Why would you continue to make movies based off a game that gets the fans of the game pissed?

You sir, are a retard.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

Playstation Network Turo602

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 pm

As a Resident Evil fan I really enjoy the video games, in fact, it's one of favorite series being only beat by Halo and The Legend of Zelda. But I also enjoy the movies. Sure it sucks that it's nothing like the games and that they seriously ruined Chris in his first theatrical appearance. But it does it's job of being entertaining and keeping me amused. I never saw the movies as part of the games, I enjoy them separately. What I like more than the movies though, are the CGI films. I hope that becomes a regular thing for Resident Evil as it is cool to see something closer to the original material.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:22 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Evil Rage42 wrote:

Hey hey, chill with that kind of language sir, this ain't Denny's.

And yeah, I definately much prefer the games, but I enjoy the movies too.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:34 am

Mercy wrote:
Because Anderson had so much freedom with the Mortal Kombat film I guess he thought he had that same freedom with a game that actually had a story. The Anderson films does appeal to everyone, everyone except the fans. Which is kind of really bad. Not any type of bad, but just dreadful bad. Why would you continue to make movies based off a game that gets the fans of the game pissed?
I'm a fan and I enjoy the movies, as is and does the OP. The RE fanbase doesn't share a single cohesive opinion on the Anderson movies like you imply. Simply put, everyone has the option of not watching them, yet everyone bitches and bitches and bitches about it as if guns are being held to their heads, forcing them to watch.

Quote :
You sir, are a retard.
I really hope this isn't directed at me. No

Spike991 wrote:
Hey hey, chill with that kind of language sir, this ain't Denny's.
I've learned that blunt honesty is the best policy in topics like this.

And I don't eat at Denny's, their menu sucks.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:29 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
because a tons of movies based on Video Games or Books are always pretty much way different then the actual thing.

Ghost Leader wrote:
To be honest, I think you guys are all misinterpreting what the "based on" moniker means. Most people damn the Anderson movies simply because they aren't shot for shot adaptions of the games, but basing something on another piece of media does not mean it has to be an exact retelling of it.
Exactly.

ChrisSherry wrote:

Ghost Leader wrote:
*Cough* Degeneration and Damnation *cough*

I think that's a little different. Those movies are actually canon with the game series.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I've learned that blunt honesty is the best policy in topics like this.

Yeah but do you gotta use so many swear words?

Ghost Leader Also wrote:
And I don't eat at Denny's, their menu sucks.

Hay, what could suck about Eggs and Bacon? Or Hashbrowns and OJ? Or Pancakes and Waffles?

Ghost Leader Also wrote:
...and me when the subject is RE4. Yes, I admit it.

I knew it!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:03 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
I think that's a little different. Those movies are actually canon with the game series.
Not really. At least not in my view.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
Officially they are, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
Officially they are, though.
I know they're canon, what I meant is that they're the "closer to the games" movies that ChrisSherry was talking about.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 am

If people come to a video game forum that deals with a mature gaming franchise and they can't handle "fuck", they need to leave. Plain and simple. Anyway, I will argue anyone into the ground who says the movies are good. They just aren't. It is coming close to the movies being objectively bad...not just subjectively. Though if anyone likes the movies, I won't call them stupid or anything. But I will say they have bad taste. And I won't understand their point of view. Ever. And the reason I bitch about the movies "like I have a gun pointed at my head" is because it pisses me off that because of these movies it will be a long time before a proper series of films is done for the games. If it ever happens at all. That's a legit complaint.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

Playstation Network Turo602

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
If people come to a video game forum that deals with a mature gaming franchise and they can't handle "fuck", they need to leave. Plain and simple. Anyway, I will argue anyone into the ground who says the movies are good. They just aren't. It is coming close to the movies being objectively bad...not just subjectively. Though if anyone likes the movies, I won't call them stupid or anything. But I will say they have bad taste. And I won't understand their point of view. Ever. And the reason I bitch about the movies "like I have a gun pointed at my head" is because it pisses me off that because of these movies it will be a long time before a proper series of films is done for the games. If it ever happens at all. That's a legit complaint.

It's not about handling it. Cursing doesn't make your balls any bigger or make your argument anymore valid. Therefore it's just unnecessary.

I would never want to get a proper live action movie of the Resident Evil franchise since it will be ruined. That's why I enjoy the movies we have now because they're not trying to be the games. Are the movies good? Probably not, but just look at Power Rangers and it's corny acting and just how much love it still gets. Well at least the original. And you know why? Because it's fulfilling it's job of being entertaining.

I'm good with the CGI films as they can give us the characters that we know and love and put them in a movie without worrying about an actor fitting the look or even being anything like the character.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 am

I like to watch the Resident Evil movies because of the soundtrack, some of the characters and the zombies.
But whenever I think about Alice, it sometimes pisses me off. Simply because I find it very confusing on how
the hell she actually fits into "Resident Evil". Characters like Jill balanced my slowly hating mind. Nowadays though,
I just roll with it. Can't really convince the bastarding and sad excuse for a Director to make it all peachy.

Life goes on.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:57 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Anyway, I will argue anyone into the ground who says the movies are good. They just aren't. It is coming close to the movies being objectively bad...not just subjectively. Though if anyone likes the movies, I won't call them stupid or anything. But I will say they have bad taste. And I won't understand their point of view. Ever.
Whether the Anderson movies are "good" or "bad" is subjective and entirely up to the individual to decide for themselves. A person can like them and think they're good or hate them and think they're bad, all at their own prerogative. It's a matter of opinion, nothing more, and there's no single right or wrong opinion here.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Anyway, I will argue anyone into the ground who says the movies are good. They just aren't. It is coming close to the movies being objectively bad...not just subjectively. Though if anyone likes the movies, I won't call them stupid or anything. But I will say they have bad taste. And I won't understand their point of view. Ever.
Whether the Anderson movies are "good" or "bad" is subjective and entirely up to the individual to decide for themselves. A person can like them and think they're good or hate them and think they're bad, all at their own prerogative. It's a matter of opinion, nothing more, and there's no single right or wrong opinion here.

Yeah, things like this are always subjective. So is eating shit. There is no right or wrong opinion on if it is good.

@Turo: You can think it is unnecessary, but that means nothing. People can use whatever language they wish to use here, unless it is used in a derogatory manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

As a RE fan..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: As a RE fan.....   As a RE fan..... Empty

Back to top Go down

As a RE fan.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion-
Jump to: