Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Dead Space EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Dead Space EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Dead Space EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Dead Space EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Dead Space EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Dead Space EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Dead Space EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Dead Space

Go down 
+4
chocotricks
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
Bub537
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 am

I bought Dead Space 1 off Amazon for like $17.99 and it should be here this Friday. I've always wanted to try this series and I've finally got around to it. Anything I should expect? Anyone here play either games?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Never played the games but I watched Dead Space Downfall. It was a pretty sweet film. I like the idea behind the games and all but they're just not my type of games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I beat Dead Space 2 on Zealot which equals the impossible(hardest) difficulty in dead space 1. The last difficulty on DS2 is hardcore which doesn't have any checkpoints and you can only save 3 times. However, the enemies are a little easier than the ones on zealot. I haven't tired hardcore yet.

Anyway, DS2 on Zealot is freaking brutal, man. The enemies are relentless. I don't know how it is in DS1 but in 2 enemies will spawn behind you constantly. The enemies that spawn in front of you will bullrush towards you leaving little room for error. Plus, on the higher difficulties(zealot, hardcore) conservation of ammo is a must.

Honestly, I think DS2 would've been the better option. You can get the limited edition(which also comes with dp extraction) for a $25( new copy).

I heard DS1 has the better story though, so you'll have fun either Wink
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 am

I bet 1 it was pretty fun its not something like AMAZING but im gonna beat it on the hardest difficulty then probably trade it in so its worth a play through or 2 lol
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:48 pm

I beat the first DS but I have yet to play DS2. I still don't understand why everyone thinks the game is sooooo scary, because it's not even close.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:40 pm

I like to play games in chronological order. If I like Dead Space 1 enough I'll surely buy the second.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:27 pm

^this, I hate skipping a game and then playing the next
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 pm

I actually played Dead Space on the iPod first, which is supposed to be right before Dead Space 2, so I decided to pick up Dead Space 2. I then recently picked up Dead Space Uno after watching Dead Space Downfall which is supposed to be right before the first Dead Space.

So you can imagine how chronologically confused I am with the series to begin with, but I must say that Dead Space on the iPhone or iPod Touch, whichever, was freaking brilliant. How they were able to get me jumping and twitching at every corner and cussing in front of my parents in the car on the way to church with my headphones on was uncanny. It was able to create such an atmosphere that was both creepy and horrifying. I don't believe I've ever been so scared of the dark before.

Dead Space 2 brought me into the main story, hardcore and an epic roller coaster of a game sent satisfying chills up my spine, and turning my head in my living room because of the fucking surround sound. And Ellie will always be a badass in my book.

Now I was hesitant on playing Dead Space because reviewers often comment that it is the scariest of the series and people can't play the game for more than 30 minutes at a time. Reviewers often comment that Dead Space 2 averts from the horror element of the game and decides it's more of an action game, so when I put my copy of the first game in my box I had a lot of expectations for it. Know what I think of the first Dead Space? It's not only a cakewalk, it's a lazy nap in the park. Enemies that die in twelve hits now die in two. I'm not finished with the game yet, but I did find myself particularly bored with the game. Necromorphs slowly walk to you in a brightly lit room. It's not a scary game at all, and that's what disappoints me the most. The game gets a couple of startles but it's not the same as the fear instilled in the freakin' mobile game. I mean where's the atmosphere? I felt like they could have done so much more with it, which is why I will always prefer Dead Space 2 over 1. And what's the deal with Isaac not talking in the first game? He sees his girlfriend for the first time in a while and he doesn't even bat an eye to her, less wave and say hello.
Back to top Go down
Albert-Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Albert-Wesker

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Dead Space had the potential of being a great series but until it's award winning first, the sequel just didn't give me the same satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Thinking of getting Dead Space 2. Is it hard? and how many hours is in the campaign?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:07 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Thinking of getting Dead Space 2. Is it hard? and how many hours is in the campaign?
It was like 6 or 7 hours for me the first run through, it is brutal and unfair at times, but it's not impossible.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Mercy wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
It was like 6 or 7 hours for me the first run through, it is brutal and unfair at times, but it's not impossible.

Cheers, was just wondering as I had a feeling it would be hard. And when games are too hard I get gamer rage alot lol.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Mercy wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

Cheers, was just wondering as I had a feeling it would be hard. And when games are too hard I get gamer rage alot lol.
Oh yeah, well I mean you can always change the difficulty on the fly if things get too damn impossible. It's not like "Oh you picked the hardest difficulty and now you're in Chapter 8, with no ammo, no health, and the next store is on the other end of multiple death traps." that actually happened, and I had to lower it just to survive. Haha..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Space
Page 1 of 1