Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How good is RE3? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How good is RE3? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How good is RE3? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How good is RE3? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How good is RE3? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How good is RE3? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How good is RE3? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How good is RE3? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How good is RE3? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How good is RE3?

Go down 
+7
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Godzilla90s
RingoSparkle
The Knife
RaviorStygian
HUNK'syouruncle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Yesterday (Saturday) I went into Gametraders and put Resident Evil 3 Nemesis on lay-buy, I just wanna know before I get it. How good is it?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Yesterday (Saturday) I went into Gametraders and put Resident Evil 3 Nemesis on lay-buy, I just wanna know before I get it. How good is it?
It's my least favorite because sometimes it feels like it's being unfair, mainly with the Nemesis encounters. It's like if you don't have enough of a certain kind of ammo, you won't be able to win unless you go all expert, which annoys me. Plus, Gravedigger.

But that's just because I'm just not that good at RE3 yet. It's a fantastic game, though, and if you're an RE fan you'll have a lot of fun. Just remember to keep a healing item on hold in your item box in case of an emergency (there's a lot of those in RE3).
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Hell yes. Get this game if you even marginally like RE. It has a megaton of weapons which include; a new handgun, shotgun and a new Grenade Launcher ammo. Also, this introduces Nemesis. The biggest douchebag ever. You can make ammo using a special Reloading Tool, but you need gunpowders to make them. It can make Magnum Rounds, if you have the right combo...

PROTIP: On your first playthrough, always run away from Nemesis. He will slaughter you.

PRO-PROTIP: Easy mode will give you all weapons and a good amount of Bullets. It won't give you the Grenade Launcher, though. You need to find it. You also have infinite saves, too.

There is a Hard Mode. As intimidating as it sounds, it really isn't too bad.

Just finished the game myself.

Time: 03:29:27
No. of Saves: 02 (Could have been 01, but I was tired and wanted to sleep.
Grade: B
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:49 pm

The Knife wrote:

That gives you a B? That's an A in my books.

Unreasonable.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:52 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
The Knife wrote:

That gives you a B? That's an A in my books.

Unreasonable.

I'd show a screenie, but I have nothing to photo with, nor do I feel like getting one. It doesn't matter. I've unlocked all of the costumes. Now, to try and get a rank that is different than 'B' on RE2. Even if it was worse, I don't care. As long as it is different than 'B'...
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

You should have gotten an A. Seriously. That's what you earned.

2 saves? Under 4 hours? That doesn't equal B. That's just mean.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:45 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:

I also had a crapstorm of Mixed Herbs left. Very Happy I probably had enough to Kill Nemesis with the knife and still have plenty of leftovers. But oh well. At least I unlocked Claire's Epilogue. Onwards to Sherry's Epilouge! Then Ada's! And possibly HUNK'S!
Back to top Go down
RingoSparkle
Cerberus
Cerberus
RingoSparkle

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Not a fan of RE3. It's too similar to RE2, and no improvements on the graphics either. A lot of the background scenery in RE3 felt like it was recycled from RE2 (even same angles if I remembered correctly) Razz
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:52 pm

The Knife wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I also had a crapstorm of Mixed Herbs left. Very Happy I probably had enough to Kill Nemesis with the knife and still have plenty of leftovers. But oh well. At least I unlocked Claire's Epilogue. Onwards to Sherry's Epilouge! Then Ada's! And possibly HUNK'S!
Maybe because you used the magnum, or first aid sprays.

I honestly hate the the whole ranking system in RE2 and 3. It just sucks the fun out of the game for me. Once I unlocked 4th Survivor, I stopped caring about ranks. Also, now that I have Jill's S.T.A.R.S. uniform in RE3, could care less about the ranking in that one too, since that's the only unlockable I really wanted.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:06 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
The Knife wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

Maybe because you used the magnum, or first aid sprays.

I honestly hate the the whole ranking system in RE2 and 3. It just sucks the fun out of the game for me. Once I unlocked 4th Survivor, I stopped caring about ranks. Also, now that I have Jill's S.T.A.R.S. uniform in RE3, could care less about the ranking in that one too, since that's the only unlockable I really wanted.

Never used either. I promise. I'm a Grenade Launcher man. I used an infinite weapon, but unlike RE2, RE3 doesn't penalize you for using Infinite weapons.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:17 pm

The Knife wrote:
Hell yes. Get this game if you even marginally like RE. It has a megaton of weapons which include; a new handgun, shotgun and a new Grenade Launcher ammo. Also, this introduces Nemesis. The biggest douchebag ever. You can make ammo using a special Reloading Tool, but you need gunpowders to make them. It can make Magnum Rounds, if you have the right combo...

PROTIP: On your first playthrough, always run away from Nemesis. He will slaughter you.

PRO-PROTIP: Easy mode will give you all weapons and a good amount of Bullets. It won't give you the Grenade Launcher, though. You need to find it. You also have infinite saves, too.

Thanks for the tips, you only got a B? i agree with raviorstygian, that deserves an A. Im an contemplating buying RE Outbraek and maybe Survuvor which is on PSX, maybe also Survivor 2: Code Veronica. Are any of those worth getting?
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:49 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
The Knife wrote:

Thanks for the tips, you only got a B? i agree with raviorstygian, that deserves an A. Im an contemplating buying RE Outbraek and maybe Survuvor which is on PSX, maybe also Survivor 2: Code Veronica. Are any of those worth getting?

Now that, I can't help you with. Smile
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:53 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
I don't really like Outbreak. the controls, loading time, and direction are all pretty lame.

From what I've played of Survivor, it seems pretty solid. Don't really understand the bad reviews it gets.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:00 am

wow i made alot of typos in my last post, I should really proof read my posts. Embarassed

Also, does Nemesis gave a mini-gun and rocket launcher in RE3? I am only asking because he does in the (very bad) 2nd RE film adaptation. It seems kinda silly don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:06 am

its VERY good, shouldnt even be something to question about.

and no nemesis does not use a mini gun but he does use a RL. througout the game he first uses hands and fists that switch off between the use of a RL. then he uses tenticles after he gets burned, then tenticles and some kind of acid spit after he falls into a pool of acid.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:59 am

The ranking system in RE3 is really picky. You REALLY have to know your way around to get an A rank. Even B is hard to get.

I'd recommend getting Outbreak if you are into the story. It gives you a great deal of story on what happened around the city. For example, it shows many of the other officers who were still alive during the outbreak. Also, if you first play RE3 and get to know Nicholai, he does make an appearance in the games.

The Survivor series is officially canon so I'd recommend playing those. Well, at least Survivor and Dead Aim.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The ranking system in RE3 is really picky. You REALLY have to know your way around to get an A rank. Even B is hard to get.

I'd recommend getting Outbreak if you are into the story. It gives you a great deal of story on what happened around the city. For example, it shows many of the other officers who were still alive during the outbreak. Also, if you first play RE3 and get to know Nicholai, he does make an appearance in the games.

The Survivor series is officially canon so I'd recommend playing those. Well, at least Survivor and Dead Aim.

Damn. I guess I could have gotten an A if that blasted Three-Gemstone-Puzzle wasn't so unfair. Even the Water Sample puzzle was a cakewalk (not trolling) compared to that.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:40 am

RE3 is the best RE ever made. Get. It. Now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 4:46 am

Agreed with GL. Now go! Godspeed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 am

Yeah, RE3 is beast.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:28 am

If your an RE fan there's no reason not to get it (if anything you should already have it in your collection). Nemesis is easily the best and most memorable of all the tyrants.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:31 am

It has a lot of gameplay improvements, not to mention you can change the story in so many ways depending on which location you choose to visit in what order.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Complaining about a sequel being too similar to its predecessor is only valid when talking about the CoD franchise. Get RE3.

Last edited by NiteKrawler on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Complaining about a sequel being too similar to its predecessor is only valid when talking about the CoD franchise.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:14 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Complaining about a sequel being too similar to its predecessor is only valid when talking about the CoD franchise. Get RE3.
Yes. I have no idea how Black Ops could be better or worse than MW2. Different modes perhaps?

But RE3 does change things up. It adds new maneuvers and other elements of strategy. Plus, aside from a quick stop to the precinct, every location is new. There's no way it's too similar to RE2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How good is RE3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How good is RE3?   How good is RE3? Empty

Back to top Go down

How good is RE3?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next