Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Fighting games

Go down 
+18
8BitNinja
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Limey
Cyberization
Teh Black Cat
Known_Hero
Tyrant_UK
Alice Clone 6
SWITCHMYND
chrisredfielmusculo
DivideByZero
Vandal
Sargent D
Cyberote
Godzilla90s
TeRoR KiD
ThomVD
Mass Distraction
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Fighting games - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 am

What's the difference between 9.5 and 9.6 in terms of a game…?

At any rate, I picked up Injustice at the midnight release to see all the wackos in costume, I also enjoyed sporting my Green Lantern jacket so I could present my nerd and protect my virginity like a true geek. But the two hours in line and playing the game on the consoles I couldn't say that I was really into buying the game. The controls felt clunky, I didn't know how to interact with the game, there really is a learning curve. At least Mortal Kombat stuck with it's classic controls, because my buttons didn't seem to be doing much. Though a lot of characters seem to be MK Characters with DC skins; like Batman is Scorpion, Cyborg is Jax, and Killer Frost is Sub-Zero, etc. the game still has a lot of variety. Even similar characters are very different, they did a good job with not doing the Super Smash Brothers skin swap with Green Lantern and Sinestro.

The heroes give enough spice that it keeps me playing, I am addicted to it despite how much I was doubting the game. I do look forward for the DLC characters to come in. I'm considering the Season Pass depending on how the rest of the DLC looks.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 am

Vandal wrote:

I said the deciding factor was the added MP features. Both games are qualitatively the same but Injustice just has a little more to offer. Give me a break, I'm not a professional.

Quote :
Though a lot of characters seem to be MK Characters with DC skins; like Batman is Scorpion, Cyborg is Jax, and Killer Frost is Sub-Zero, etc. the game still has a lot of variety.

I totally disagree with this. Their skillsets and play styles are completely different. Literally, the only similarities are...

Batman's grappling hook is kinda like Scorpion's spear
Killer Frost has Sub-zero's slide.
Cyborg is black

Quote :
I'm considering the Season Pass depending on how the rest of the DLC looks.

This DLC and iOS app tie-in crap irks my nerves. Whatever happened to..........nevermind. I'm tired of arguing the same points over and over. DLC is here to stay and there's nothing I can do about it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Limey wrote:
Gon in Tekken 3 made the game!!!! Seriously, who else could not be endeared?

The only time when you go AW when loosing in tekken, gon was an awesome character. . . Fart kills maan Very Happy who else could do that . . .
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I said the deciding factor was the added MP features. Both games are qualitatively the same but Injustice just has a little more to offer. Give me a break, I'm not a professional.
Eh, I feel that numerical representations on opinions can never be as acurate as going into the decimals. That's just me.

Quote :
Quote :
Though a lot of characters seem to be MK Characters with DC skins; like Batman is Scorpion, Cyborg is Jax, and Killer Frost is Sub-Zero, etc. the game still has a lot of variety.

I totally disagree with this. Their skillsets and play styles are completely different. Literally, the only similarities are...

Batman's grappling hook is kinda like Scorpion's spear
Killer Frost has Sub-zero's slide.
Cyborg is black
I'll be honest, I haven't played Mortal Kombat in years. It just seems like NetherRealms is sticking to what they know. You'll notice the same animations from Mortal Kombat, even the battle damage is copy pasted. It definitely doesn't feel like a Mortal Kombat game because I can pin Nightwing against Doomsday which I find amusing in it's own right, but the similarities are a little too hard not to notice.

Quote :
Quote :
I'm considering the Season Pass depending on how the rest of the DLC looks.

This DLC and iOS app tie-in crap irks my nerves. Whatever happened to..........nevermind. I'm tired of arguing the same points over and over. DLC is here to stay and there's nothing I can do about it.
I wish there were unlockable characters, the costume unlocking system seems scatterbrained, and the keys only unlock costumes from the alternate dimention which could be lame for some heroes or huge improvements for others. Cateoman for example. But I really wish I didn't have to buy more characters to play as.

Spending $5 to play as Jill in MVC3 sucked asssssssss.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:24 am

Vandal wrote:

Eh, I feel that numerical representations on opinions can never be as acurate as going into the decimals. That's just me.

Yup, that's just you.

Quote :
I'll be honest, I haven't played Mortal Kombat in years. It just seems like NetherRealms is sticking to what they know. You'll notice the same animations from Mortal Kombat, even the battle damage is copy pasted. It definitely doesn't feel like a Mortal Kombat game because I can pin Nightwing against Doomsday which I find amusing in it's own right, but the similarities are a little too hard not to notice.

You're right about the animations: Catwoman has a few of Mileena's animations, Superman has Jax's rocket punch. Animation reusing is pretty common in video games. RE6 did the same thing...

Ada has Sheva's Somersault kick and Skull Crusher
Helena has Josh's Dynamite Kick and Elbow Drop, Sheva's Pivot Kick
Sherry has Jill's High Kick
Chris has a few of Josh's moves but I can't remember which ones
I'm sure there's a lot more out there

I will admit that a couple of injustice characters play similar to the ones in MK9 (Sinestro:Kenshi, Catwoman:Freddy,Raven:Ermac)but they are far from being "DC reskins".

Quote :
I wish there were unlockable characters, the costume unlocking system seems scatterbrained, and the keys only unlock costumes from the alternate dimention which could be lame for some heroes or huge improvements for others. Cateoman for example. But I really wish I didn't have to buy more characters to play as. 

Spending $5 to play as Jill in MVC3 sucked asssssssss.

Yeah, a lot of the unlocked costumes are just the original ones with tiny detail changes. So far, the only ones I like are Regime Wonder Woman,Yellow Lantern and Boss Grundy. 

As far as new characters: Lobo has already been announced. I think Superwoman might be one of the unnamed characters because she has a portrait in the Hero Card section. 

I'm tempted to buy the season pack because not only do you get a discount on the dlc but you also get this costume...

Fighting games - Page 3 Qytu6f

I REALLY want that costume. 
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:17 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Limey wrote:

The only time when you go AW when loosing in tekken, gon was an awesome character. . . Fart kills maan Very Happy who else could do that . . .
Bo' Rai Cho for one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:17 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Limey wrote:

Bo' Rai Cho for one.

Well im not much into Mortal combat, so guess i didnt know that guy, but after a little of research he turns out to be one of the most hated characters. . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Limey wrote:

Bo' Rai Cho for one.

Well im not much into Mortal combat, so guess i didnt know that guy, but after a little of research he turns out to be one of the most hated characters. . .
Yup, but he was the first one that came to mind Razz There one other too but I forget his/her/its name so I guess it wasn't that important.
Back to top Go down
8BitNinja
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
8BitNinja

Playstation Network jadester343
Steam : Jadester343

PostSubject: MK9 hilarious review   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Im a huge fan of the MK series, always have been, me and tanner played and reviewed MK9 a while ago, hope it make you laugh! lol wrote a full review of the game as well.

im really hoping ed boon and netherreal decide to do MK10 on this upcoming Generation of consoles!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/JadeSeriously
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 am

8BitNinja wrote:
Im a huge fan of the MK series, always have been, me and tanner played and reviewed MK9 a while ago, hope it make you laugh! lol wrote a full review of the game as well.

im really hoping ed boon and netherreal decide to do MK10 on this upcoming Generation of consoles!
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:07 am

Has anyone else here actually read any of the Gon comics?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:20 am

I have only heard...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Has anyone else here actually read any of the Gon comics?

Not really. What about it Mass?
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptySat May 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Just asking since he was brought up on the previous page.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:48 pm

So for the Injustice players out there, old news, but I still wet my pants nonetheless; BATGIRL was announced as the next DLC character. If anyone here knows me at all, Batgirl is the reason I like anything about comics today. So I'm glad they're deciding to show Babs some love.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: The Injustice Thread   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Anyone ever played Injustice?

I was playing at SGC. It's actually a lot better than I originally thought. I figure it's probably the kind of game that Vandal would dig. It's got so many Marvel and DC characters, as well as numerous alternate attires, including New 52 stuff. Most of the stages are from Batman it seemed like, but it has some solid gameplay! I'd probably give it a 9/10.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 6:54 am

Spike 4:20 wrote:

I was playing at SGC. It's actually a lot better than I originally thought. I figure it's probably the kind of game that Vandal would dig. It's got so many Marvel and DC characters, as well as numerous alternate attires, including New 52 stuff. Most of the stages are from Batman it seemed like, but it has some solid gameplay! I'd probably give it a 9/10.

I Have it on xbox if you want to get your ass kicked Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:50 am

It's got so many Marvel and DC characters

Just DC yo.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 3:20 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:

I Have it on xbox if you want to get your ass kicked Smile

Dream on, kid. Rolling Eyes  I was actually playing it on Ps4, so I don't own Injustice myself. Although since I liked the game so much I think I may just have to purchase it. The Gods Among Us version that's packed with all the goodies!

Mass Distraction wrote:
It's got so many Marvel and DC characters

Just DC yo.

Dayum homie you're right! Shit nigga I can't be expected to remember all dis shit, dafuq wrong wit you. Cool

Vandal wrote:
So for the Injustice players out there, old news, but I still wet my pants nonetheless; BATGIRL was announced as the next DLC character. If anyone here knows me at all, Batgirl is the reason I like anything about comics today. So I'm glad they're deciding to show Babs some love.

I didn't know Batgirl was DLC. When I played she was already there as a selectable character, but when I saw her I did think of you, Vandal. I haven't played as too many characters other than Catwoman though. I had used Joker and Batman briefly, but they just didn't do it for me. Razz

BTW does anyone here do modding for Injustice? I was having ideas for mixing certain character's attires in certain ways. For instance, putting Catwoman's head from her costume where she has long hair and little cat ears on top, on her default costume's body. Just mixing and matching like that would be pretty beast.

Here is a very rough pic of what I'm talking about.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting games   Fighting games - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighting games
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3