Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Chatbox! (Admins)

Go down 
+3
chocotricks
Spike991
Vandal
7 posters

Would you like a Chatbox?
Yes
The Chatbox! (Admins) Vote_lcap60%The Chatbox! (Admins) Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
The Chatbox! (Admins) Vote_lcap40%The Chatbox! (Admins) Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

The Chatbox! (Admins) Empty
PostSubject: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm not sure about the history of this site but I know for a fact that this is a forumotion supported free forum, I was wondering why the admins don't add on a chatbox. I'm an admin on another site and it's really rather simple. This will also open the doors for other members to get to know one another without long waits from PM's or posts.

All you have to do is go to:

Administration Panel > Modules > (On the sidebar) Chatbox > Configuration > Activate Chatbox fill in Yes > Validate

Just wondering if I'm not the only one, who else would fancy a chatbox?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:32 pm

We did have a chatbox at one point, though we obviously don't anymore. Not sure why, I guess it just didn't work out.

I don't really care if we have one or not. It could be nice, but it could also take away activity from the forum itself...

Hmmm, I guess I'm indifferent as to whether we get one again, I've used them and they aren't too special, but if you want one, you should PM the creator of this site, Down.

You can find him on the Top 20 Posters, unfortunately not in the top 10 anymore.Smile
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Excellent, this was I can spam....cough I mean interact with my fellow fans
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:39 pm

this is a forum site... we talk about RE stuff here rather than having personal conversations... we could all just be friends on facebook, or whatever social networking site, if we ever want to chat... so i disagree with the chatbox
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:09 am

Chatboxes are the cause of death to many good forums. Dont.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 am

know what valid points have been made
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 pm

No, we will not get a chatbox. It turns active forums into desolate wastelands in no time. I've been on a site with a chatbox and it had like a few posts per day but the chatbox was full of useless conversation. Sorry, but no.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:18 pm

no matter how many votes there are, as long as nite's there it's always a no-no Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
HarshlyCritical
Cerberus
Cerberus
HarshlyCritical

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:52 pm

You guys don't really "know" me, but I like to write angry rants about things. With that said, STORY TIME:

So I'm also a member on a general video game forum that isn't too active; the most activity occurs in NON-video game related forums (of course), and the rest of it is basically a wasteland in comparison. That is to say, it's not so much that it's inactive, it's just CONSIDERABLY less active than the rest of the forum.

So anyway, there's this one guy who just started posting recently and he drives me up the fucking wall. Basically, he uses the forum as a gigantic chat room. He contributes his opinion to every single damn thread that is composed, regardless of his knowledge or lack of knowledge on the subject. He even readily admits that he only owns two video games (That's right, he owns TWO. Total. And he's posting on a video game forum. This deserves a "WTF Santa" santa ). Many of the other members sort of respond to his posts in a "lolwut?" type of fashion; he spams posts but never really contributes anything. Oh, and he has this really creepy avatar of someone at his computer, which I guess is supposed to be him.

Here's the point: If that forum had a chatbox, he'd be all over it. 24 hours a day. There would be no thoughtful content to balance out the drivel. He, and the handful of people on the forum that only use it because they're bored, would flock to it like a fly on poop. One would think that this would leave the rest of the forum to post constructively in their absence, but that never happens.

So ANYWAY, that's why chatboxes are bad ideas. Actually, I just wanted to rant about that guy, but it sort of fits in.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Well the only reason I thought having a chatbox was a good idea was because my other forum—which isn't a video game forum—has a chatbox and it doesn't interfere with out flow of posts or traffic in my opinion. I just didn't understand why there wasn't a chatbox here.

It all makes sense now, so thanks for the insight.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:26 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
No, we will not get a chatbox. It turns active forums into desolate wastelands in no time. I've been on a site with a chatbox and it had like a few posts per day but the chatbox was full of useless conversation. Sorry, but no.

I know what ya mean....

@Mercy, it doesn't have to be, a negative, having a chatbox, but 9.9999 times out of 10, it would be.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun on the forums though, there's always several active topics, some of which have post counts in the thousands.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chatbox! (Admins)   The Chatbox! (Admins) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chatbox! (Admins)
Page 1 of 1