HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.

Go down 
+9
nekronuke
Spike991
Superchris25
Regenerator
xExcel
Methsia
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Voltius
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. Empty
PostSubject: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:23 am

I proudly discovered most of these myself, a few in RE5 were shown to me by awesome online players. Thanks guys.

RE2
- there are no restrooms in the entire game, they were accidentally left out
- the kiss between Leon and Ada was meant to be an FMV (rendered CG like beginning and ending videos), it would have been the first Animated Kiss in Video game history.

RE4
- every now and then there are birds nests up in the trees, if you shoot them treasure falls out

RE5
- shoot the rats in the game and they'll drop gold
- you can sell all the treasures by pressing "V" in the PC version
- The Executioner is invisible invincible and impossible to kill until he knocks down the fence in the Public Assembly area.
- You can easily get the mind control device off of Jill by buying the cheapest machine gun, running up to her, and shooting the device off one bullet at a time. It saves a LOT of time instead of having to rip it off her chest little by little and risk her hitting you if you miss the quick time events. Also if you miss and hit her, it won't kill her, you can afford to hit her many times.
- when you're on your way to the helicopter wreck, you have to throw Sheva across a gap to another building, then cover her as she goes down and shoots the lock off the door freeing you. Don't. Just grab a grenade on the second story balcony, aim for a flat sign on the building across from the balcony and bounce the grenade off of it and it will land near the locked door below, and blow it off.
- You can take the lantern from the mines with you all the way to the elevator, but it goes out after your partner lifts one gate, and also disappears completely after you exit the mines.
- In the Ancient Caves you can actually shoot the enemies who are focusing the light reflectors on the floor.
- After Excella Mutates into the Uroboros monster, you run through the container ship and some areas are blocked off by her tentacles. If you shoot them enough they'll recede.
- I don't think the Chainsaw Majini can climb over windows (he couldn't in the demo, can someone try in the game?)
- Right after you and Sheva open the giant rolling gate to get to the Helicopter wreck, there are 3 red barrels you can shoot and explode, and one non-exploding one. They'll reappear as soon as the movie and quick time events start.
- You can shoot crows but I don't think they leave any treasure or gold. (confirmed?)

Last edited by Voltius on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:39 am

Those RE2 things were pretty nice. I thought that shooting the bird nests and getting treasures in RE4 was common knowledge? One thing I actually did quite accidentally in 4 was in the sewer area (or something like that, it's been a long time) and out of frustration started slashing the water thus getting a really big fish Very Happy I was surprised to say the least.

In RE5 I actually ran a good time after one hell of a big rat in hopes it'd give you a lot more money than the others. Sadly, it didn't. I also quite instinctively shot the majinis using the light thingies in Ancient Caves. Some of those RE5 ones are something one could figure out if tried (I was actually going to try taking the lantern with me but figured it wasn't worth it) but still neat to know. Never tried the chainsaw majini thing but I always figured he could, maybe it was just some unfinished thing in the demo?

The last one is confirmed at least by me: shot all the crows, got nothing.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:43 am

I knew about them leaving the bathrooms out in RE2. And yeah, the nest treasure is common knowledge. The executioner majini is not invisible ever but he is invincible until he knocks the gate down. Otherwise you could get stuck there. For Jill's device, I always used the M500 to shoot it off. One miss and she's gone though. I rarely miss. You can aim the gun through her and it greatly increases accuracy. Sniper rifles are the preferred method for it though...not a weak machine gun. Aim a sniper right in front of her and you pretty much can't miss. I got curious once and did the lantern thing as well. Actually...I did that on my very first playthrough of the game. I love sniping the light mirror majini right off the bat so you never have to worry about them while doing that part. I knew about the barrels. I was hoping they would stay gone in the intro but alas, they did not. And I also loved shooting crows out of the sky with my M500. I was actually getting really good at hitting them almost every time.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Quote :
RE5
- You can easily get the mind control device off of Jill by buying the cheapest machine gun, running up to her, and shooting the device off one bullet at a time. It saves a LOT of time instead of having to rip it off her chest little by little and risk her hitting you if you miss the quick time events. Also if you miss and hit her, it won't kill her, you can afford to hit her many times.
- when you're on your way to the helicopter wreck, you have to throw Sheva across a gap to another building, then cover her as she goes down and shoots the lock off the door freeing you. Don't. Just grab a grenade on the second story balcony, aim for a flat sign on the building across from the balcony and bounce the grenade off of it and it will land near the locked door below, and blow it off.
- You can take the lantern from the mines with you all the way to the elevator, but it goes out after your partner lifts one gate, and also disappears completely after you exit the mines.
- In the Ancient Caves you can actually shoot the enemies who are focusing the light reflectors on the floor.
- After Excella Mutates into the Uroboros monster, you run through the container ship and some areas are blocked off by her tentacles. If you shoot them enough they'll recede.
- I don't think the Chainsaw Majini can climb over windows (he couldn't in the demo, can someone try in the game?)
- Right after you and Sheva open the giant rolling gate to get to the Helicopter wreck, there are 3 red barrels you can shoot and explode, and one non-exploding one. They'll reappear as soon as the movie and quick time events start.
- You can shoot crows but I don't think they leave any treasure or gold. (confirmed?)

I knew most of these, but on the Jill part. I normally use a sniper and a magnum.
Back to top Go down
xExcel
Cerberus
Cerberus
xExcel

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Methsia wrote:
Quote :
RE5

I knew most of these, but on the Jill part. I normally use a sniper and a magnum.
Every gun does the same damage. Don't waste magnums on her
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:06 pm

neat finds with RE2...knew that about RE4...havent played RE5 so I cant say a thing about that
Back to top Go down
Superchris25
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Superchris25

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:15 am

Voltius wrote:
I proudly discovered most of these myself, a few in RE5 were shown to me by awesome online players. Thanks guys.

RE2
- there are no restrooms in the entire game, they were accidentally left out
- the kiss between Leon and Ada was meant to be an FMV (rendered CG like beginning and ending videos), it would have been the first Animated Kiss in Video game history.

RE4
- every now and then there are birds nests up in the trees, if you shoot them treasure falls out

RE5
- you can sell all the treasures by pressing "V" in the PC version
- The Executioner is invisible invincible and impossible to kill until he knocks down the fence in the Public Assembly area.

All that is bolded, thanks, I either didn't notice that, never really thought about it or never got that fall (*coughRE2cough*).

Also, I thought I got some gold when I shot down a crow, all you have to do is shoot it where you can get to it...now tell me how to make Wesker change direction when he's running at the speed of sound.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:54 am

@Superchris: I think you hold (x) down and change directions with
the left analog stick.
Back to top Go down
Superchris25
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Superchris25

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:21 pm

Methsia wrote:
@Superchris: I think you hold (x) down and change directions with
the left analog stick.

Thank you Methsia, I'll try that later.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 pm

Superchris25 wrote:

Also, I thought I got some gold when I shot down a crow, all you have to do is shoot it where you can get to it...

You can get gold and stuff from them in RE4, but not RE5.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:16 pm

xExcel wrote:
Every gun does the same damage. Don't waste magnums on her

How do you know this?

I usually use the big magnum revolver, and well I never tested out the amount of damage that each did, I assumed that affected the apparatus on her chest more.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 pm

I use the big ass magnum on her because it's the most badass thing to do ever. Razz
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:07 pm

RE5- Chris's minigun backpack blocks arrows and most melee attacks from behind
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 am

nekronuke wrote:
RE5- Chris's minigun backpack blocks arrows and most melee attacks from behind
That was awesome. Saved me so many times.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Death
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Mr.Death

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Resident Evil 3

in RE3 if you try to use many time the realoding tools you can get new handgun and shotgun ammo.
in mercenary mode you can get more extra time by clicking on six specific locations. 2+4+8+16+32+64 = 126 sec
Back to top Go down
Citers
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Citers

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 am

Did anyone ever see the deer in Re4?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1097834915
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Citers wrote:

Whoa Shocked Am I seeing something? is citers really posting on the RE discussion threads? Shocked Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:35 pm

There's a deer?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Um. Pretty sure there is no deer in RE4.
Back to top Go down
Citers
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Citers

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 am

I was told there was a deer in there by a friend. Maybe not :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1097834915
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:09 am

Citers wrote:
I was told there was a deer in there by a friend. Maybe not :/

He lied.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 am

Citers wrote:
i dont recall
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:59 pm

There's no deer. I promise.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:57 am

Oh good... I was a little scared there for a second... Now I can finally sleep at night.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:23 pm

i know this was a long time ago.... but it was interesting Smile

i didn't know about the bathroom in RE2, i thought capcom cancelled it... and yes the bird nest will give you treasure

here's for RE3 nemesis fights... he will just punch you if he fails to grab you... waiting until he picks you up increases the chances of breaking his grasp... Nemesis always roar after breaking free of his grasp... enhanced ammo will stun him briefly... nemmy can only pick you up on your left side... at the last fight he if you didn't choose the 'exterminate the monster' option, he would just give you poison (but you might knew that already).. that's all i got..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.   Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games. Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you probably NEVER knew about RE games.
Page 1 of 1