Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
A book about Wesker EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
A book about Wesker EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
A book about Wesker EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
A book about Wesker EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
A book about Wesker EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
A book about Wesker EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
A book about Wesker EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
A book about Wesker EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
A book about Wesker EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

A book about Wesker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OzwellESpencer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
OzwellESpencer

A book about Wesker Empty
PostSubject: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:44 pm

I was reading the Wesker Reports 1 and 2, and it got me thinking, how cool would it be if the book series added one that was from the perspective of Wesker.

Basically a full book written by SD Perry which goes through the resident evil story as Wesker. That way we would not only learn more about his motives etc, but we would get to read stuff like Spencer's death and stuff which isn't mentioned in the books.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Well with Richard Waugh's awesome narration in the Wesker's Report, and the great visuals we get from reading the Wesker's Report II, I think I'm perfectly satsified with Wesker, and his motives, and everything.

SD Perry's novels are a different canon, so it would have no bearing on the game series, so I wouldn't be up for it, and if you meant in the canon of the games, then I wouldn't be up for it.

I think Wesker is an overused character that has recently had more exposure than he should have ever had. His screen time and overpopularity have more than made up for his smaller roles and appearances in earlier games like RE0, CVX & RE4, and I think something like this novel idea would add to that, and I would hate that fo' sure.

But, it's an interesting idea. I would definately like to know more about Spencer though. We have gotten to know him via documents all throughout the series, namely RE1, RE0, CVX, RE5, as well as the Chronicles games. LIN also added a lot, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more of him, more of his motives, that are actually much more interesting, much more origninal, and much more mysterious.
Back to top Go down
OzwellESpencer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
OzwellESpencer

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Well mostly I guess I'm most interested in a book from the perspective of Umbrella, rather than the people undoing Umbrella. The only telling we have about Umbrella is documents and what the characters learn, but after reading Wesker Report II i realize it would actually be really interesting too read about umbrella's people, most notably Spencer and James Marcus.

However I would like to see it tied into the story line of the books more than the games. We should keep in mind that Capcom recognizes the BOOKS to be the OFFICIAL story line of Resident Evil, and not the games. Although one based on the games would also be very cool. I'm not picky.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 pm

OzwellESpencer wrote:
Well mostly I guess I'm most interested in a book from the perspective of Umbrella, rather than the people undoing Umbrella. The only telling we have about Umbrella is documents and what the characters learn, but after reading Wesker Report II i realize it would actually be really interesting too read about umbrella's people, most notably Spencer and James Marcus.

However I would like to see it tied into the story line of the books more than the games. We should keep in mind that Capcom recognizes the BOOKS to be the OFFICIAL story line of Resident Evil, and not the games. Although one based on the games would also be very cool. I'm not picky.

That's definately more agreeable. In RE5, once you get to the Underground Garden, there are tons of things on the findings of Progenitor, from Brandon Bailey, a notable guy with Umbrella, and Marcus, and of coruse Spencer himself.Smile

I wouldn't mind more stuff though, there is a huge timeline from Umbrella's establishment, to it's dissolution.

Wesker's Report II was awesome. It showed the struggles from the researchers point of view, most notably, William Birkin, a definate overlooked character, who has in more recent games(UC & Darkside, but mainly UC) has been turned into a pussy, pardon the language, but there is no better way to describe how Capcom scewed up his character from RE2 & RE0, and even his minor appearance in the Outbreak opening.

But yeah, reading about researcher's views on some of the BOWs they were working on, and some struggles, and ties to important events and characters would be terrific.

What do you mean Capcom recognizes the books as the official storyline of RE? The novels are RE in name, yet are in a different universe entirely. They and the games, and movies for that matter, are not the same. As such, the games are the only "real" RE. That's the storyline that was first, and last, and frankly, the only one I really care about.

The movies and books have their own views on what happened, and take their own directions, and that's cool, and some of it was enjoyable, but I'm all for the games, through & through.
Back to top Go down
OzwellESpencer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
OzwellESpencer

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Yea if you look it up, Capcom announced the books to be the "Official" story line of Resident Evil. The games may have come first and arguably be better, but that is what Capcom supposedly said. Quite honestly I don't have any information too back this up, its only something that I once read. Your welcome to do a Google search and do your own research thou. Just something I read once.

And yes I would love to read more about Birkin and the G-Virus.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 pm

OzwellESpencer wrote:
Yea if you look it up, Capcom announced the books to be the "Official" story line of Resident Evil. The games may have come first and arguably be better, but that is what Capcom supposedly said. Quite honestly I don't have any information too back this up, its only something that I once read. Your welcome to do a Google search and do your own research thou. Just something I read once.

And yes I would love to read more about Birkin and the G-Virus.

Well without any evidence to back that up and help prove the legitimacy of that, I'm afraid it holds no water, and I can't give it any credence, but I will keep it in mind, perhaps look it up one of these days.

We can't get enough on William, or G. Nice that G made a return in Degeneration.

Have you read all those documents in RE5, the ones later in the game, plus the stuff in LIN?
Back to top Go down
OzwellESpencer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
OzwellESpencer

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Reading comments about how much documentation there is in RE5 makes me think I missed A LOT of it. I do remember reading quite a bit about the progenitor virus. But I think I may have to replay some of the chapters and use a Documentation walk through to get them all. Better yet I bet I can just find them somewhere online. Know of any such sites? Easier than replaying. Great game but I don't give it the same kind of replay value as RE4. Specially not the swamp levels, those guys with masks were not easy to kill lol.

I played through all of RE5 without using infinite ammo once. So many time I'm left facing tough things like the masked men with just a pistol (when I don't bring enough ammo with me or don't find much). Good thing thats where you get the revolver.... This also meant a lot of "run for your life" scenarios where documentation could of been missed.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Yeah, you may have noticed that RE5 didn't let you file your documents you find througout the game, unlike every RE game to date...

A real shame, as I find RE5's documents to be some of the best. I don't really know any places off the top of my head, but I'm sure a site like REWiki might have them. While it's a pretty unreliable site, with some false info, I think it's documents are in order, hard to mess up simple copying I guess.

Another playthrough would hurt though. Some of RE is very unenjoyable. The part you mentioned is among them. But whichever way you elect, good luck.Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:15 am

On the officiality of the books, maybe Capcom just meant that they are the "Official" Resident Evil novels? Just as there are official (and apparently unofficial) RE comics.

Btw. Does anyone know anything about the last three book that haven't been translated to english? The Beast of the Northern Seas by Kyū Asakura, To the Liberty by Suien Kimura and Rose Blank by Tadashi Aizawa.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
On the officiality of the books, maybe Capcom just meant that they are the "Official" Resident Evil novels? Just as there are official (and apparently unofficial) RE comics.

Btw. Does anyone know anything about the last three book that haven't been translated to english? The Beast of the Northern Seas by Kyū Asakura, To the Liberty by Suien Kimura and Rose Blank by Tadashi Aizawa.

Yeah, I assumed that was a little misunderstanding.

I can honestly say, I have never heard of those three books, are those RE comics?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah, I assumed that was a little misunderstanding.

I can honestly say, I have never heard of those three books, are those RE comics?
They are original RE novels by different authors (apparently Rose Blank has been titled as 8th in the novels).
Here's the German cover for Rose Blank and original Japanese cover for To the Liberty. I've actually never seen the Beast of the Northern Seas book, just heard of it.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 am

Wow, that one, Rose Blank, as you said it was titled 8th, well it has the same numbering system as the other 7. I have the other SD Perry novels, Zero Hour, Umbrella Conspiracy, Caliban Cove, City Of The Dead, Underworld, Nemesis, & Code Veronica. That Rose Blank, that isn't written by Perry though is it?

Just thinking that it's part of the same series makes me want to get ahold of it.
Back to top Go down
OzwellESpencer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
OzwellESpencer

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:54 am

There is currently NO official English translation of the books. These book precede the other books.

I believe these books cover the things like the disappearance of Chris's friend "Billy". The fact that it would be titled as Number 8 in the series is weird... Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia.

"There was also a trilogy of original Biohazard novels in Japan. Hokkai no Yōjū (北海の妖獣?, lit. "The Beast of the Northern Seas") was published in 1998 and was written by Kyū Asakura and the staff of Flagship. Two additional novels were published in 2002, To the Liberty by Suien Kimura and Rose Blank by Tadashi Aizawa. While no official English translation of these novels has been published yet, the last two books were translated into German and published in 2006."

So can any of you read German? Might as well start learning.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Hallo wie gehts danke shun und dir ser gut danke tschuss afiedersien...

No, I doubt I would be able t read that....but someone should really translate it though. I think that is what was done with the Wesker's Report II, it was translated by somebody unofficial, same could be done here, if someone dedicated themselves to it, though I know it would be tough.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:58 pm

The novels are no more official than the ...shudders... "movies".

See for yourself: http://www.residentevilfan.com/novels/
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:01 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

I guess that settles it then.

I love that site, but it's pretty much as dead as the zombies in the first RE game. It's never updated, and has pretty much been forgotten about, great site though.
Back to top Go down
OzwellESpencer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
OzwellESpencer

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:01 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

"The novels aren't considered the "official" Resident Evil story"

So I was wrong..... So this is what it feels like to be wrong..... Odd.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:06 pm

OzwellESpencer wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

"The novels aren't considered the "official" Resident Evil story"

Quite an astounding feeling isn't it.Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:08 am

OzwellESpencer wrote:
There is currently NO official English translation of the books. These book precede the other books.

I believe these books cover the things like the disappearance of Chris's friend "Billy". The fact that it would be titled as Number 8 in the series is weird...

Actually the thing that covers that case is a novella named "The Beginning" that has been a part of a book called The True Story of Biohazard.
Here's the whole thing: http://seanchenxi.com/biohazard-official-novel-the-beginning.html

And on the title of Rose Blank: Maybe it was just a thing with the translation? Whatever it was, I still wanna read it Very Happy Having a "part 8" in the novels would be awesome indeed.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:36 pm

OzwellESpencer wrote:

Sadly, I wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
And on the title of Rose Blank: Maybe it was just a thing with the translation? Whatever it was, I still wanna read it Very Happy Having a "part 8" in the novels would be awesome indeed.

I bet someone will translate it one of these days...I would buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A book about Wesker   A book about Wesker Empty

Back to top Go down

A book about Wesker
Page 1 of 1