HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far

Go down 
+2
Bulls-3ye
Mass Distraction
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far Empty
PostSubject: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 2:51 am

Sorry, I know, there's already a RE8 thread out there but I wanted to make a seperate post where I could gather all the information I have into one big text dump.

So I decided to write up a full collection of every rumor and leak that now seem extremely believable since the announcement of Resident Evil VIII: Village a couple of days ago. Some of this stuff might be spoilers for those who don't want to know absolutely anything about the game but for those interested, I try to keep every plot detail under spoiler tags at the end. Now, let's begin with...

THE DEVELOPMENT

The development of this game seems to have been an absolute clusterfuck, as is the case with almost every major title in the series it seems. Basically, what we are now getting is not the original Resident Evil 8 they were planning. See, RE8 started development almost immediately after RE7 released. The development was paused a couple of times due to the reworking of RE7's Not a Hero DLC and then again because RE2's remake was falling behind schedule and they needed more hands on deck for those. The original concept was either scrapped or split some time mid 2019 and the RE8 (that we WON'T be getting yet) started development anew. From what I've read, that game is still in development but under a different name and won't be out in a few years. What we are now getting is a repurposed Revelations 3. Yeah. They were working on a new Revelations at the same time but since RE8 got pushed back a few years they didn't want to leave a huge gap between major titles so RER3 was renamed into Resident Evil VILLAGE, the number 8, or VIII, cleverly hidden in the title and so forth. The, now renamed, Revelations 3 was apparently set to release this year but since they have had to rework most of the story and characters to make it RE8 it was pushed into next year. What will come of the "true" RE8 is still a big question, whether it will become RE9, Revelations 3 or something different completely is still up in the air and only time will tell.

WHAT WILL ACTUALLY BE IN THE GAME

For this one I'm just gonna go the lazy bullet point route because otherwise I'll be babbling on here the whole day.

• As you could probably guess from the trailer, the story focuses on Ethan and Chris with Ethan as the main character
  • All returning cast members retain their voice actors from RE7
  • Ethan will be more assertive this time around
  • The game will obviously be in first person but also in VR
  • The game will take place in Eastern Europe (specifically, Romania)
  • The game will lead from the snow covered village to a castle and it will be a lot more open than RE7
  • Other locations include caves and forests and you will spend a lot of time outdoors
  • Hallucinations are back as a plot device
  • Occult is a strong theme
  • Human/wolf hybrids are one of the enemy types, very resilient to gunfire
  • Some kind of a "witch" like character will be hunting you throughout the ordeal and has a distinct sound that tells you she's near
  • There will be zombies again, in addition to a ganado-like enemy type (possibly people with hallucinations)
  • The setting and enemy types have medieval influences, with some zombies having armor and swords
  • Other enemies include dogs, wolves and a licker-like new enemy type
  • More action than RE7 but with some seemingly forced stealth sections
  • Inventory system will be very similar to RE4 with an attache case you can arrange any way you like
  • You can collect money for whatever reason
  • Rechargeable flashlight will play a part in the gameplay
  • Described as "a serious departure" and "the darkest and most gruesome in the series"
  • Decay and body horror included in some extent

SPOILERY STORY STUFF

There are some serious story spoilers in these tags. Open on your own discretion.

Spoiler:

OTHER STUFF

Other interesting mentions I've managed to gather from various sources reporting on the game. First of all, according to the developers themselves, this won't be a "Resident Evil 8" per se, even though the number is in the title. So it is and it isn't and this confuses the heck out of me.

According to some sources there was going to be a game that would introduce Chris' redesign before RE8 but no word on that since January. Maybe we'll get another title announced at TGS or something? Or maybe it was scrapped as well. Who knows with this series.

The game's gonna be out 2021 on PS5, Xbox Series X and PC. More about the game will be shown towards the end of summer.

Apparently this image is VERY important, so much so they debated whether or not to show it in the trailer (yet they did). The screencap is from the official developer message and is in full here, thus why it's in spoiler tags. It's big, yo.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 4:17 am

Is that... a calcified molded fetus!?!. pale
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Is that... a calcified molded fetus!?!. pale
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 3:39 pm

All that's missing is a world leader's daughter in need of rescue.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 11:50 pm

I really don't like the first person view. I hope they did a version of this for the third person view players. But I know it will never happen so there's no point of thinking about it. Rolling Eyes Sad
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 10:03 am

RebelliousQueen wrote:
I really don't like the first person view. I hope they did a version of this for the third person view players. But I know it will never happen so there's no point of thinking about it. Rolling Eyes Sad
Right? I get that Capcom wanted to do things differently. But they didn't have to use the first-person camera. I can adjust accordingly. But it still sucks.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 am

Nobudy wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:
Right? I get that Capcom wanted to do things differently. But they didn't have to use the first-person camera. I can adjust accordingly. But it still sucks.

I just hope that we can choose the one that suit to us. I mean we can always adjust but still I really wish they can make it possible. But I dunno I don't want to keep my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Did anyone get a chance to play the demo yet!? I am still on previous gen so no demo for me at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:59 pm

I haven't upgraded yet either.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far   Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolutely EVERYTHING known about Resident Evil 8 thus far
Page 1 of 1