HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... Empty
PostSubject: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 7:29 am

Even if that's true, the game was 95% the same anyway, so it's not a big deal. However, I favor the original.

Smile

https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Alejandritto/capcom-confirms-resident-evil-2-original-is-no-longer-canon--557885.phtml

I don't know if this is genuine, as I can't find any further sources. Seems like a blogger wrote this, so take it with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 2:17 pm

I figured it would happen. As I said in the other thread, all the bullet points of the game remain the same between RE2 and RE2make, meaning the minor details like Marvin Branagh's expanded role and Elliot Edward's altered death can easily be woven in.

I do hope that when Capcom releases a gold edition of the game (because, face it, they will), they package it with a remastered version of OG RE2.

Now patiently waiting for the RE3make. And do something about the literal gaping plot hole in the RPD's main stairwell hall, Capcom!
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 8:15 am

Just like with REmake 1, the new story is mostly just an expanded (and arguably improved) version of the original anyway. So fine with it.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 7:06 pm

I don't think that blog was genuine. Some people told me on other forums that they don't think it's true.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 8:02 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Just like with REmake 1, the new story is mostly just an expanded (and arguably improved) version of the original anyway. So fine with it.
Admittedly, though, RE2make doesn't handle the A/B scenario situation well by having an almost identical course of events for, and minimal interaction between, Leon and Claire. It was still somewhat iffy in the original, but at least there were clear-cut signs that the other character had been there before or after you. For example, who the hell reset the medallion statues for the 2nd run character after the first one solved it already? And rebuilt the barricade that had to be blown up to get to one of the statues?
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 2:51 am

True, A/B was a bit disappointing. But the far superior version of characters like Marvin, Kendo and even Mayor McCreepy more than makes up for it IMHO. And since REmake 1 replaces the original in canon. I see no reason why REmake 2 wouldn't do the same.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 4:35 am

Yeah, like I said, I figured RE2make would replace OG RE2 in canon. Rock and I even discussed it in another thread after the game first released and I pointed out how all the bullet points of the story, which are what preceding games relied on rather than going into any exacting details, are identical to the original.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 8:36 am

I think they should have kept the plants the same as the original. You know? The plant in the first remake is still a giant, obnoxious plant. The ones in the recent remake look like Swamp Thing rejects, ha-ha. The original ivy plants are called "Plant 43" in the official books, and I prefer those to the nonsense we got this year.

It's also too bad they left out Brad Vickers at the start of the game. That would've been the perfect set-up for the 3: Nemesis remake/reimagining/reboot/+ whatever Capcom calls a remade title these days. Although as I pointed out on another forum, maybe Capcom didn't see it as a big deal because he was just a secret enemy that you defeated to get a key, and now with DLC existing, they maybe didn't need him back in. Maybe there could have been a different reward this time for putting 20 bullets into him, and because it's a remake, the game doesn't have to be precise. For the sake of being 'faithful' though, they should have changed very little. However, I don't recall even picking up any ammo on the way to the police station... and even that segment felt rather short.

Also, I agree about the meetings involving Leon and Claire. It could have been so much better. I think Capcom skimped on a lot of things. I don't think it's the worst game in the series by any means, but it could have been better had they took their time to compare the new one with the original scenes, but I think they probably started to rush through its development too much. I also suspect that Capcom were maybe getting anxious that fans would find out about all this too early, and not buy the game if fans found out that X, Y and Z wasn't in it. This could be why they revealed so little about it while we were yet to see the initial trailer at E3 last year. Cut content certainly can put people off.

Also, the boss fights should have been more unique. For example, there's no need to fight the gator twice if one person already blew it up, or have William Birkin fight the characters on the same catwalk, like that makes any logical sense, and then watch Annette suffer twice in the same sort of scene. Just felt to me like Capcom cut and pasted too much between the scenarios, unlike in the 1998 version, where you'd have one character only seeing the outcome of what happened in another scenario, instead of physically being there to watch it again, as if it were being repeated.

For example, only Claire or Leon ever met Robert Kendo, and I don't get what they went for here by having him survive. I'm glad that Marvin had a bigger role, but most of it was the same anyway, so maybe some users may think I'm just overreacting. With that said, I want Capcom to do less remakes, because I want them to prove to fans that they can do something original, that doesn't copy ideas from any other games or movies. We're not dumb. We'll always notice this stuff, and I lose respect for companies that just rip off other people's work. Also, they don't need to stop using the first person viewpoint, but I'd prefer that for side story games.

In my opinion, they need to keep doing Revelations games between the main games, so we can see characters we haven't seen in like 20 years. Billy Coen, Carlos, Nicholai, and other characters have been gone in years, and Sheva is one character that you would think would be important because she put the final notch in Wesker's belt, with Chris. Although I do think that her and Josh were probably just one-time characters because of the fact it took place in Africa. Which makes Capcom racist.

OK. Joking... tongue

I hope Josh and Sheva returns someday.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 3:58 pm

The alligator is only fought once, by Leon in the 1st Run.

And we don't need Billy Coen back! He's irrelevant to everything and he's a fugitive war criminal that almost every protagonist in this series, being US government agents in one form or another, would be obligated to arrest or kill on sight.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 8:03 pm

Was it ever confirmed if he killed the soldiers in Africa?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyMon Jun 24, 2019 11:35 pm

White Rock wrote:
Was it ever confirmed if he killed the soldiers in Africa?
Well, to me, his story doesn't really add up. The way he talks, the target village was an absurd distance through hostile territory from their insertion point. That trip would not have been undertaken on foot, it would have been done by helicopter or even HALO/HAHO jump (depending on Billy's unit, which is never stated) because it's faster and safer. Plus, a sudden helicopter assault can induce a certain amount of shock and awe (think the Battle of Mogadishu, where the strike element got in quickly and captured their targets with minimal resistance or reaction from local OpFors - things only went bad afterward when a Black Hawk was shot down). Another thing is, how long was the village watched? Multiple satellite passes and regular drone surveillance would have confirmed whether or not the village was hostile. The DoD doesn't just glance at one photo for a few seconds before unleashing the dogs of war, they'll watch the place for months before making a decision.

Honestly, I see no reason to doubt Billy's conviction. Frankly, I think he used Rebecca's gullibility to his advantage and simply lied to her.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 am

There better be some news about the series soon, because I am bored outta my skull. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 11:12 am

White Rock wrote:
There better be some news about the series soon, because I am bored outta my skull. Sad
Well, you're in luck, because I just read some absolutely fucking incredible news about RE! Spoiler warning for RE2, though.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...   Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon... Empty

Back to top Go down

Capcom considers the RE2 remake canon...
Page 1 of 1