HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

My honest views on the RE2 remake...

Go down 
+2
Ghost Leader
White Rock
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

My honest views on the RE2 remake... Empty
PostSubject: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 pm

-Rushed feel, and anti-climatic first section.
-Audio was not that great.
-Does not remind you of the original RE2 all that much.
-Is basically RE4 with a RE2 skin on top.
-Yes, I know you can change to the original soundtrack. So...what?
-The game is not really very scary - if at all.
-No zombie Brad, so we have no good set-up for RE3: Nemesis.
-No free costumes, except several, not that I care one bit.
-The latest DLC was a bit meh.
-No actual plants.
-Plants are replaced by shitty new versions.
-No crows.
-No spiders.
-Ada looked wrong, at least at first; She never really wears ordinary civilian outfits.
-The side characters had little screen time, such as Ben.
-Mr. X looked retarded, and he only provided jump scares.
-The game was cheesy and like I said, not as great as the 1998 game.

The rest of the game was generally decent. I liked the voice acting. But it was not terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm

No offense, but without an accompanying list of pros, your "honest views" here don't really mean anything. Still, a few things I'd like to address here.

White Rock wrote:
Maybe they thought some people would like that? I personally did. Not every addition to the game needs an ulterior motive of some kind behind it.

Quote :
Actually, you unlock Leon and Claire's original RE2 costumes by completing both scenarios once. But regardless, why mention a lack of costumes if you don't care about that? Strikes me as looking for something to complain about.

Quote :
-No actual plants.
Regardless of whether you like the new versions or not, Ivies are still there.

Quote :
-No spiders.
There weren't any in the original either.

Quote :
-Ada looked wrong, at least at first; She never really wears ordinary civilian outfits.
She wasn't exactly dressed like a USS operative in the original, either. That halter top and skirt were about as "ordinary civilian" as it gets. She didn't start dressing more flamboyantly until RE4.

Quote :
Aside from the upgraded graphics, he didn't look any different than he did in RE2. My only complaint regarding him is that he's a little too relentless. If you downed him a couple times in the original, you were free of him for a while. Here, he just keeps coming and coming and coming no matter how much you fight him.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Um, there are spiders in the original RE2. They look similar to the spiders in the first game, too.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 4:59 am

You with your fancy facts making me look bad. Have you no decency, man?!! Razz

I'd forgotten about them popping up in the sewer, so fair enough. I have yet to get the PS3 rerelease of RE2, surprisingly enough, so the last time I played it was in my Gamecube days.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Do you think if Shinji had still been with Capcom, he would have envisioned this new edition of his classic like this? I honestly don't know how he feels about it, because I haven't bothered to go searching for his opinions about it. But I think he would have tried to have gave us a similar remake of 2 like what he did with the 1996 version. It seems Capcom were unsure of how to make this achievable, so they just made up their own take on that.

The 2002 remake is the same game as the original, just way more better graphically. And Shinji directed that also. Really, it looks realistic even by 2019 standards, and rather than change the story, everything was carried across, but they added in new locations, the ability to defend yourself, and also added in a new boss type enemy named "Lisa Trevor" - and they at least gave us a back story about her. They could half-asses it and never even giving us that, but they did.

I don't know. The RE2 remake was way too different to be called a straight-up remake. Do you think they truly catered it to veteran fans, or the newer breed of fans who like 4 onwards, or both? To me, I cannot say that Capcom had even attempted to make it like the original in any way. I'd honestly like to know why only some of the game was darkened out. What were they going for with that? The rest of the game still has well lit areas. There are only a few that ain't like that.

I still think they should have kept the spiders, instead of the spawn of Birkin, and also added in crows and the original plants. I guess that also would have been too tough to create again, but they really could have made it better than they did. I'd give it a 6 out of 10, but I don't agree that it's worth 8, 9 or 10 marks. Again, that's just my view on it...
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 2:00 am

Don't care what he thinks, (or what he would've done) The Evil Within was at best pretty meh. Whereas Kamiya's legend continues to grow. Having faith in Hideki is one of the best decisions Shinji ever made.

As for REmake 2, i thought it was amazing!. The characters were way!!! better than the original, enemies were alot scarier than the original, and Mr. X continues to haunt my dreams.
My only real gripe was that the B scenario isn't different enough from the A, but overall still a fantastic game. Looking forward to the inevitable Nemesis Remake!. Or as it shall now be known... RE3make!.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:01 am

So they have hit a bullseye!
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 2:57 am

Pretty much. Also i'm starting to consider R3Make as an alternative. Hmmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 9:59 am

I kind of worry that this will be a trend, where they still make sequels, but mainly focus on remakes, because like I have been saying for years, they love the games that made them the most popularity. But they still turn out shitty.
Back to top Go down
tovington
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
tovington

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 11:15 am

White Rock wrote:
I kind of worry that this will be a trend, where they still make sequels, but mainly focus on remakes, because like I have been saying for years, they love the games that made them the most popularity. But they still turn out shitty.
they have made 5 mainline titles, not counting rail shooters or the Revelations games, in between remakes. only 2 years ago was the release of RE7 which was not only not a remake but a fresh start. I am utterly confused by your comment

White Rock wrote:
-Rushed feel, and anti-climatic first section.
-Audio was not that great.
-Does not remind you of the original RE2 all that much.
-Is basically RE4 with a RE2 skin on top.
-The game is not really very scary - if at all.
-No zombie Brad, so we have no good set-up for RE3: Nemesis.
-The latest DLC was a bit meh.
-No actual plants.
-No crows.
-No spiders.
-The side characters had little screen time, such as Ben.
-The game was cheesy and like I said, not as great as the 1998 game.

The rest of the game was generally decent. I liked the voice acting. But it was not terrifying.

I disagree with most of your opinions on this game completely.

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Merged posts. Please edit your original post rather than double posting. - GL)
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 7:35 pm

That's cool. You would not happen to be here because of Ren or Dom. No?
Back to top Go down
Locksmith
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Locksmith

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 7:41 pm

Who the hell are those people? Chill. Just saying I disagree with your opinions about this game.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Sorry, dude; I guess I just get a little jumpy over nothing.  Smile

But to answer your post, they're two arrogant YouTubers that make attack videos and tweets, if you say anything bad about Capcom, because you're not supposed to say anything like that because, after all...Capcom has gone back to their "roots".

But I decided to delete my YouTube account (again) because I have to distance myself from tossers like that now, and they did pull their older videos concerning that other guy I defended last year, while the others about myself are getting reported.

Last edited by White Rock on Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Locksmith
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Locksmith

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 11:22 pm

White Rock,

Whoa, wait a goddamn minute here.. I actually decided to check those out and it goes beyond what you linked here. Is it true some of the stuff that's being said about you by them?

For instance:
- you apparently being a woman beater.
- Doxing (sharing another user's info and their address).
- inappropriate comments about the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- having an encyclopedia dramatica page? (I know of the site and I would agree with anyone that says it tends to exaggerate the story).
- Getting butthurt over people not agreeing with your Resident Evil opinions?

Man, what the hell kind of shit have you got yourself into? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, though. Maybe I've researched thing wrong.... you've got a lot of posts here so I'm going to assume you're a respected enough member here. IF it is true, that's messed up.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 2:39 am

I've known White Rock here for a while and he's never been anything but a decent guy. Trust me, I don't take shit from people, so if he was as much trouble as those claims suggest, he'd have been gone with a capital G a long time ago.

The Internet can be a cruel place and people like to use the anonymity it grants to take meaningless shit to absurd levels.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 2:54 am

Yeah. I said some messed up stuff, because they got me mad. That was it. I am not normally like that, but they were being vitriolic towards me.

Last year, they were mocking a guy called Nemesis, because he did not agree with what Capcom was doing. After I defended him, I had them making videos about me too. This is the very reason I claim to be retired from most online platforms.

They are breaking the terms of service of YouTube too, because I did not say it was fine to bash me in a dozen or more videos. But they say that it is okay, when it is not.
Back to top Go down
Locksmith
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Locksmith

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:29 am

There's more to this story than you're leading on. I'd like to hear both sides of the story but obviously that would be drifting away from the point of this topic.

Anyway.. I came here because of Resident Evil 2 and wanting to chat with other like-minded people about it. I thought it was a great game and I'm excited for what the eventual Resident Evil 3 remake has for us. I personally don't think Capcom is doing anything wrong here and I'm probably speaking in the majority here by saying they gave us a game that we've wanted since the GameCube remake of the first title. Bravo!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 11:03 am

Locksmith wrote:
Anyway.. I came here because of Resident Evil 2 and wanting to chat with other like-minded people about it. I thought it was a great game and I'm excited for what the eventual Resident Evil 3 remake has for us. I personally don't think Capcom is doing anything wrong here and I'm probably speaking in the majority here by saying they gave us a game that we've wanted since the GameCube remake of the first title. Bravo!
I have some nitpicks here and there, but most are minor (e.g., where's the hole Nemesis made in the hallway outside the dark room the day before Leon and Claire arrived?) and I'm otherwise happy with how it turned out.

White Rock, I'd still like to see a list of pros to weigh against the list of cons you already provided, though.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 11:25 am

As much as I don't like The Darkside Chronicles, that was a better remake than what we got a month ago, at least in terms of its execution. The reimagined version just has too much that makes it so different. Hopefully, that won't be the case with the RE3: Nemesis reboot, or whatever people are calling it. Then there's RE8 too...

I think if I'm going to continue to be a fan, I just have to accept that Capcom will be catering to various types of fans, who want this, that, and the next thing. But I honestly don't blame myself for going off it a lot. RE4-6 and the side story games have been interesting, but they are still flawed. I mean, The Umbrella Chronicles in my opinion, should essentially have been the plot for RE4. RE4 then could have been like a new start about new viruses, or something else completely. The overall story just was weird to me. Plus, if they wanted to try an on-rails shooter, it should have been a Dead Aim kind of title, that is not related to the main games at all.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 12:34 pm

White Rock wrote:
Plus, if they wanted to try an on-rails shooter, it should have been a Dead Aim kind of title, that is not related to the main games at all.
Couldn't agree more on this. Frankly, my opinion on rail shooters as a genre can be summed up in these five simple words...
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Did anyone notice that Mr. X only had one claw in his last form, instead of both? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 pm

White Rock wrote:
Did anyone notice that Mr. X only had one claw in his last form, instead of both? Evil or Very Mad
This is because only part of his limiter was destroyed as opposed to the whole thing in the original.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Imagine the last fight with Nemesis. I wonder if the rail cannon will come into play again.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Hopefully it'll be a bit more dynamic in it's use. That fights a little too easy once you know what to do.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 12:54 am

I'd love to play the original again, but do you know what's a pain in the ass? Nowadays, new television sets have to be enabled with HDMI, but you don't seem to get an AV option any more, or a scart socket. Fuck that...

Yes, I know you can get a little converter thing that lets you play older consoles with modern units, but it's kind of nippy. You have to tune it in.

I don't care about the old, crappy graphics at all. It's always going to be a classic. Always!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My honest views on the RE2 remake...   My honest views on the RE2 remake... Empty

Back to top Go down

My honest views on the RE2 remake...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next