Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Have you played the demo?  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Have you played the demo?  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Have you played the demo?  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Have you played the demo?  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Have you played the demo?  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Have you played the demo?  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Have you played the demo?  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Have you played the demo?  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Have you played the demo?  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Have you played the demo?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Have you played the demo?  Empty
PostSubject: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 5:30 am

I did. The game is impressive, but I noticed the AI sucks. Have you seen the latest videos on YouTube from a user called Michael Does Life? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Demo for what?
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Don't you know? There's a one-shot demo for the RE2 remake out now for downloading, that lasts 30 minutes. You're on a timer and you play in the cop shop.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Duh. What other demo would we be talking about here? XD
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Well, you did ask! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Glad they decided to include the alligator in the sewer. Earlier leaks said it had been cut. Bet they expand it into an actual boss fight as opposed to the momentary inconvenience it was in the original.

I can't help but notice the wall in a certain hallway near a staircase is intact, though... Suspect

Edit: And I wonder if the picture of Jill's "boyfriend" will show up again or if it will mysteriously disappear? Razz
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 12:55 pm

I don't think this remake is canonical. Which basically means it is a stand alone game, but even more stand alone than most of the recent sequels and side story games.

What I believe we need is one consistent bad guy again like Wesker, instead of all these self-contained plots and one time villains that never really makes the franchise go anywhere. Now that Umbrella has returned, I want to know if they have truly changed. It would be dumb for Capcom to just throw that into the series and then fully ignore it later on.

I know they like to take their time, but it feels too drawn out at times.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 9:50 pm

White Rock wrote:
I don't think this remake is canonical. Which basically means it is a stand alone game, but even more stand alone than most of the recent sequels and side story games.
I think most games only reference major events that have happened as opposed to each and every tiny detail, so I don't think there would be any issues adopting the remake into canon. I mean, how often has Marvin Branagh (sp?) been mentioned in any detail since RE2? His role could easily be significantly expanded upon without any serious contradictions. Same goes for Joe Kendo, Elliot, and all the other bit players.

They still could have acknowledged the literal hole in the wall in regards to Nemesis, though.

Quote :
What I believe we need is one consistent bad guy again like Wesker, instead of all these self-contained plots and one time villains that never really makes the franchise go anywhere.
It's practically a fool's errand since no new villain will ever surpass Wesker, though.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 10:45 pm

Well, one thing that bothers me with 4 is that they ended the plot for the original games in the first 5 minutes of the game beginning. We should have had that done properly in a proper RE4, first of all, then Leon saving Ashley could have been the basis for 5 (which would bring us into a whole new saga). That way, we would have gotten the original Umbrella story out of the way, but having it done correctly is what I consider rather important. Then 4 would have been like a reboot that was so much more clear in its newer, action-horror direction.

Even though Negan is still in TWD as a side character these days, the primary story is no longer really about him any more, but at least that plot with Rick, Negan and the grand war with all the communities ended definitely and wasn't just talked of in a lazy narration. So that's what I think they missed the boat with.

With that said, RE4 was still a pretty exciting game, and I think RE2 needed to lose the fixed camera angles. That's too outdated. But I can see why old-school fans want that, so Capcom should have giving us the option to have fixed, over the shoulder and a bonus first person mode. Now, I say "bonus" as that hardly suits a game like RE2 at all, but you could just treat it like a fan service sort of thing. Like what they did with The Evil Within 2 post-release. Just keeps everyone amused, I guess.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you played the demo?    Have you played the demo?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you played the demo?
Page 1 of 1