Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
BAD NEWS EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
BAD NEWS EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
BAD NEWS EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
BAD NEWS EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
BAD NEWS EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
BAD NEWS EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
BAD NEWS EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
BAD NEWS EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
BAD NEWS EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

BAD NEWS

Go down 
+3
White Rock
Bulls-3ye
Prince of Judah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 1:01 pm

https://culturedvultures.com/resident-evil-7-revived-franchise-capcom/

TLDR is that sales were not as good as RE 5 and 6. Their stocks went down. This means Capcom might revert to their BIG EXPLOSIONS AND FAST ACTION crap.

Oh God in heaven please don't let Capcom go back to their bad formula.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Well survival horror always was a bit of a niche genre. That's why they switched to action horror in the first place. Maybe they should go back to the plan.
Numbed games are in a more modern action style, for a broader audience. While the Revealations series caters to the more oldschool fanbase..
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 3:42 am

I've not been here in ages, because the link was broken. I guess you just relocated the forums.

Anyway, RE7 for me was a very good game, but I still yearn for a game like the remake, so hopefully the RE2 remake will be like this. I'm still baffled by the 'Not A Hero' stuff, because we can all agree that guy does not really look like Chris, but maybe it is. Ah! All will be revealed rather soon, eh? tongue
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 8:10 am

I haven't been here in ages because I've been doing things. Anyway, we didn't relocate anything. Down didn't pay for the custom url and it reverted back to the service provider's url.

Anyway, this news means absolutely nothing and all the panicking about action and whatever is just conjecture by fans who are too lazy to actually step back and think about it. The article only talks about shipped units, which does NOT take into account digital releases. Gaming industry has moved more and more towards digital releases and sales on platforms like Steam and PSN are higher than ever. I could go as far and say that most of RE7's sales come from digital market places, since those offered the Deluxe Edition that included all the DLC.

tl;dr the numbers don't mean anything
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 3:28 pm

I cannot access the link. Is it broken or something? Here comes the curious cat lol
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Why did they postpone the 'Not A Hero' DLC? Now I'm calling it the 'Not A Happy Camper' DLC instead.

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyTue May 02, 2017 6:17 am

They say that they're polishing it. Which is fine by me. RE7 was pretty high quality, and i'd like it to stay that way.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyTue May 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Yeah. Those people who say RE7 isn't a true sequel forget that it's not 1998 anymore. Things change. To say it's something different would be better. Totally dismissing it is dumb. I'm generally sympathetic when it comes to why they dislike the ones post RE4. But you know? We do miss the old ones. I've gone and made another video. The stress I put up with gets to me, so these videos relieve my angst somewhat.

Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyThu May 04, 2017 9:52 pm

I can be patient if it means quality. Still i'm really curious to see if all this "Blue Umbrella" talk is legit, cause it sounds pretty interesting. So i hope they don't take too long.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:12 am

OK. 400 million copies have now been sold! Cool
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am

White Rock wrote:
OK. 400 million copies have now been sold! Cool
You put too many zeroes in there. A report dated November 6th puts the number at 4 million.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/309056/Sales_up_at_Capcom_thanks_to_stalwart_Monster_Hunter_franchise.php

And that's really not good when looking at the games that preceded it. RE5 moved 4 million units in just its first week, while RE6 did 4.5 million in its first week.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/capcom-shares-fall-after-resident-7-ships-fewer-co/1100-6447397/
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 am

Yeah. I typed it wrong. But what a whopper! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 am

Again, not really. It took RE7 almost a year to do what RE5 and RE6 did in just a week.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Well, I did enjoy 7: Biohazard, but The Evil Within games are way cooler. To be honest, I guess you could argue that 7: Biohazard is a stand alone game, but it still fits in nicely. Now The Evil Within is certainly a brilliant series. They're actually two scary games, and I suppose one could compare them to you know what, as they are like a cross between other notable, classic survival horror games. However, all the modern horror games are basically a lot like RE4 in terms of the camera, the mechanics, the boss fights and whatnot, or maybe the first person types are like Outlast. So I don't mind that, even if you do frown upon the seemingly obvious rip-off parts. At least they still can do great horror games, even if people bicker on forums about preferring the older ones such as RE2 (heck, we are getting a remake of that at least and that style is outdated).

I'd been feeling rather sad for years, thinking the genre was gonna be dead. It certainly was slipping for a number of years, although all of 2017 has been a redemption.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 5:55 am

White Rock wrote:
Well, I did enjoy 7: Biohazard, but The Evil Within games are way cooler. To be honest, I guess you could argue that 7: Biohazard is a stand alone game, but it still fits in nicely. Now The Evil Within is certainly a brilliant series. They're actually two scary games, and I suppose one could compare them to you know what, as they are like a cross between other notable, classic survival horror games. However, all the modern horror games are basically a lot like RE4 in terms of the camera, the mechanics, the boss fights and whatnot, or maybe the first person types are like Outlast. So I don't mind that, even if you do frown upon the seemingly obvious rip-off parts. At least they still can do great horror games, even if people bicker on forums about preferring the older ones such as RE2 (heck, we are getting a remake of that at least and that style is outdated).

I'd been feeling rather sad for years, thinking the genre was gonna be dead. It certainly was slipping for a number of years, although all of 2017 has been a redemption.

I didn't like The Evil Within. The plot made things feel as though nothing happened, and it used that terrible cliché of "everything was in your head" for the ending (and what a clusterfuck THAT was). Not to mention the obvious RE4-esque gameplay...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 8:03 am

I agree that the story makes almost zero sense. I actually played part 2 before part 1 and I couldn't even fight the final boss evenly as I just had handgun bullets left. Not happening!

I was like, what the hell is STEM supposed to be? Is it a big computer? Why did his partner betray him? Who masterminded all this Silent Hill type stuff? Uh!

Anyway, many enemies are exact copies too of RE4-5-6. We've got the bloated chainsaw things, the zombies, a big wolf thing, and loads of other similarities between Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and also The Last of Us.

Also, Silent Hill: Origins is way too similar to The Evil Within 2. The mirrors. The burning house. Etc.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 am

Just a sitrep but RE7 did meet Capcom's sales expectations for the first year. Just a generally good thing when looking into the series' future. https://gematsu.com/2017/11/resident-evil-7-biohazard-worldwide-sales-top-4-1-million

As for Evil Within I couldn't stand the first one. It was bland, boring, made little to no sense and was basically RE4 with a different plot. The only thing that gave me any actual interest in EW2 was that the PC version has a hidden first person mode. Prolly gonna buy it from a Steam sale when it goes to around 10 bucks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 am

So overall, 2017 has been a great year for horror games. I'm not quite sure why fans are upset at the DLC being bland. What does one want from DLC? Usually, DLC stuff is bargain bin quality. We got a very odd mix of it, though, from comedy stuff like Jack's 55th Birthday to Daughters, to End of Zoe and Not a Hero. Actually, End of Zoe is bizarre, as it is the first time we play a guy who uses his fists to kill most of the monsters. He ain't no Chris either, which makes an idea like that extremely strange. At least Capcom are trying new things. You can't say that about many other games out there, that recycle old junk a lot.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 4:51 pm

White Rock wrote:
So overall, 2017 has been a great year for horror games. I'm not quite sure why fans are upset at the DLC being bland. What does one want from DLC? Usually, DLC stuff is bargain bin quality. We got a very odd mix of it, though, from comedy stuff like Jack's 55th Birthday to Daughters, to End of Zoe and Not a Hero. Actually, End of Zoe is bizarre, as it is the first time we play a guy who uses his fists to kill most of the monsters. He ain't no Chris either, which makes an idea like that extremely strange. At least Capcom are trying new things. You can't say that about many other games out there, that recycle old junk a lot.

Watching someone play, all I could say was, that old dude was one badass motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Just a sitrep but RE7 did meet Capcom's sales expectations for the first year. Just a generally good thing when looking into the series' future. https://gematsu.com/2017/11/resident-evil-7-biohazard-worldwide-sales-top-4-1-million
They had really low expectations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BAD NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAD NEWS   BAD NEWS Empty

Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS
Page 1 of 1