Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE7 news? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE7 news? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE7 news? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE7 news? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE7 news? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE7 news? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE7 news? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE7 news? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE7 news? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE7 news?

Go down 
+7
will1234562
Ghost Leader
Vandal
DampRevil
MSR
weskersbarber
Jamesy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Judging from recent capcom news articles on the internet do you guys still have any idea what re7 will be like?

Capcoms intentions are to bring back re7 to its roots yet at the same still make it relevant and in competition to present day video games.

I kinda hope they don't model re7 on deadrising 3. Dead rising 3
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:36 pm

They are going to promise us that it's going to go back to its roots etc but money talks and when it's released we will get another crappy shooter fact.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:48 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
They are going to promise us that it's going to go back to its roots etc but money talks and when it's released we will get another crappy shooter fact.

And that is when re will come to an end right?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:01 pm

No, but ideas on what would make a satisfying and awesome RE7.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:25 pm

I agree with weskersbarber, Capcom is going to promise us this and that, but Resident Evil 7 will probably be like Resident Evil 6. It's going to be another shooter with the genre "Survival Horror" slapped onto it. Actually let me rephrase that, according to Capcom, Resident Evil 6 marked the beginning of a new genre; Dramatic Horror  Rolling Eyes.

Don't get your hopes up. If I've learned anything from Capcom, it's that game developers can't be trusted. Capcom will tell us what we want to hear, that Resident Evil 7 is pure survival horror. Then the game will come out, be terrible, and then everyone will feel stupid for believing Capcom. That's the cycle.

Capcom admitted after Resident Evil 6 that they were wrong for going down a more action oriented path. Then a few weeks later, they took that back and blamed Resident Evil 6's debacle on "lack of marketing". Now they're saying that it's the fans fault Resident Evil is a mess. Apparently we're "too old" and indecisive. Capcom will go to any lengths to avoid taking the fall. Resident Evil 7 will probably be another disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I agree with weskersbarber, Capcom is going to promise us this and that, but Resident Evil 7 will probably be like Resident Evil 6. It's going to be another shooter with the genre "Survival Horror" slapped onto it. Actually let me rephrase that, according to Capcom, Resident Evil 6 marked the beginning of a new genre; Dramatic Horror  Rolling Eyes.

Don't get your hopes up. If I've learned anything from Capcom, it's that game developers can't be trusted. Capcom will tell us what we want to hear, that Resident Evil 7 is pure survival horror. Then the game will come out, be terrible, and then everyone will feel stupid for believing Capcom. That's the cycle.

Capcom admitted after Resident Evil 6 that they were wrong for going down a more action oriented path. Then a few weeks later, they took that back and blamed Resident Evil 6's debacle on "lack of marketing". Now they're saying that it's the fans fault Resident Evil is a mess. Apparently we're "too old" and indecisive. Capcom will go to any lengths to avoid taking the fall. Resident Evil 7 will probably be another disappointment.
Excellent points all around. I thought I was just being cynical.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Why thank you! I guess it's not so much cynical as factual. Seeming that Resident Evil 7 started production one month after Resident Evil 6 was released, it's pretty safe to assume Resident Evil 7 will be no different than Resident Evil 6.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I kinda hope they don't model re7 on deadrising 3.
No, they don't need to model it on anything. Give it back the unique personality that it used to have instead of trying to ride the dick of another franchise or genre.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:35 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Why thank you! I guess it's not so much cynical as factual. Seeming that Resident Evil 7 started production one month after Resident Evil 6 was released, it's pretty safe to assume Resident Evil 7 will be no different than Resident Evil 6.
I think that was only a rumor that production started right after Resident Evil 6, I think they were just playing around with character models.

I was disappointed to see the quality dip so sharply in Resident Evil 6. At least I could bare Resident Evil 5, even though I have many complaints about it. I played it for years after it's release, so I guess that has something to say for it.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:37 am

I hope that it will be like RER...well, hope dies last.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Vandal wrote:

I think that was only a rumor that production started right after Resident Evil 6, I think they were just playing around with character models.

I was disappointed to see the quality dip so sharply in Resident Evil 6. At least I could bare Resident Evil 5, even though I have many complaints about it. I played it for years after it's release, so I guess that has something to say for it.

While that could be a rumor, I do believe it. The last time a Resident Evil game was mentioned on LinkedIn, it was two actors listing their roles in Resident Evil 6. Both of those actors are under the credits for Resident Evil 6. This woman was very specific about her role for Resident Evil 7, and I doubt a professional would lie about the projects they've worked on.

RE7 news? Resident-evil-7-leaked-in
While the above image could be Photoshopped, I'd like to think it's not.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Capcom's statements just tell me that they have no idea what to do.

First they said that RE6's low sales were because they didn't do enough marketing, they've said that Tomb Raider and The Last of Us were possible directions they could go in, they've suggested a reboot, suggested going open world, blamed it on their fans being old, and they've probably said other stuff that completely missed the point too.

DampRevil wrote:
While that could be a rumor, I do believe it. The last time a Resident Evil game was mentioned on LinkedIn, it was two actors listing their roles in Resident Evil 6. Both of those actors are under the credits for Resident Evil 6. This woman was very specific about her role for Resident Evil 7, and I doubt a professional would lie about the projects they've worked on.

While the above image could be Photoshopped, I'd like to think it's not.
It's real, I've seen the profile before.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:32 pm

will1234562 wrote:
I hope that it will be like RER...well, hope dies last.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up faster. Pardon my French. :-)

And I'm not against it being like RER, just no more of those annoying T-Abyss enemies, with their drunk, twitchy movements and ridiculous enemies that launch projectiles from their weird arm deformations. Ugh. Oh, but RER with Zombies? Gimme a hell yeah! Even RE6 zombies. But really I'd prefer some classic, vintage, good 'ol fashioned T-Virus zombies. And Crimson Heads are a must. OMG that would be so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Any news Regarding 7 will probably come out next year or late this year.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:

That's great! It seems way too early to be working on Resident Evil 7, but that could actually be a good sign. Capcom said the next game would be directed more towards the core fan base, and that was after production had started on Resident Evil 7. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

On a different note, I would like to think Jill and Claire's chances of appearing in Resident Evil 7 are looking better now. The Jill and Claire outcry was still fresh in Capcom's minds when production started.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:58 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Capcom said the next game would be directed more towards the core fan base
They said that about both RE5 and RE6, too. We know how those turned out.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

Yes "we" do. But do you, GL? Have you played RE6?

I think that if anything, RE6 can be a learning experience for Capcom.,I think the reason they tried so many things is to get a good view at what they should do next, amd I get the feeling they have it now. RE7 will be Capcom's fiery pheonix rising from the Ashes!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:34 pm

The Spike wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

No, but the gf did and since she wants basically the exact same thing as I do when she plays RE, I'm going to take it to heart when she tells me it disappointed her.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

DampRevil wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
That's great! It seems way too early to be working on Resident Evil 7, but that could actually be a good sign. Capcom said the next game would be directed more towards the core fan base, and that was after production had started on Resident Evil 7. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

On a different note, I would like to think Jill and Claire's chances of appearing in Resident Evil 7 are looking better now. The Jill and Claire outcry was still fresh in Capcom's minds when production started.
To be fair, I think Capcom always starts developing RE games shortly after the last one gets released, and even if they approached it without considering RE6's feedback, it'll still likely change between now and when it gets released. Just look at RE5; it was announced in the same year RE4 was released, and the first trailer seemed to have zombies in it. The initial plans for RE1-4 were drastically different from the final versions as well. That being said, I wouldn't get my hopes up either.

Jill has been in RE1, 3, and 5, so I think she'll be in 7.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:49 pm

@Ghost Leader That's why I mentioned how I'm not going to get my hopes up. Capcom tells us a lot of things, none of which seem to be true.

@37 Narwhals True, games can change drastically. It's mostly the story that changes though. Usually the cast and genre stay the same.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
The Spike wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

No, but the gf did and since she wants basically the exact same thing as I do when she plays RE, I'm going to take it to heart when she tells me it disappointed her.

Fair enough.

I know for a fact you would have been dissapointed. You may have even rage quit before you could finish all of RE6. I think you might've had a good time with Leon's campaign though.

I just find the constant shootouts in Chris and Jake's campaigns just too much. I can still play, but thats really if im feeling like a glutton for punishment.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Leon's campaign was trash though. Resident Evil 6 was all garbage in pretty much all aspects except for maybe the soundtrack which is still rather forgettable.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:29 pm

I agree with Vandal. Leon's campaign isn't anything to be praised. It's the same action fest as the other three campaigns. People say "Oh, well Leon's campaign is dark and it has zombies. That makes it good." Don't get me wrong, Leon's campaign is much better put together than the others, but I still wouldn't say it's a survival horror story.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:39 pm

It had one jump scare throughout the entire campaign, and it wasn't even that great. They have elements that are implemented in a Halloween theme park, and those things aren't actually making you shake in your boots. If the game is more subtle with it's horror like Amnesia: Dark Descent, maybe the horror aspect of the game would be more tolerable, they would only have to work on the gameplay from that point out.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Vandal wrote:
Leon's campaign was trash though. Resident Evil 6 was all garbage in pretty much all aspects except for maybe the soundtrack which is still rather forgettable.

While I do agree the soundtracck for RE6 was forgettable, as it was awesome, I cannot say ghe same for overall.

Come on Vandal, you didnt enjoy RE6 even just a tinsy winsy bit? Ive played Leon's campaign by self and Co-op a couple of times and it was always the most fun. Chris and Jake's not as popular, but Mercs can still be good, with an adequate partner. I would not suggest Mass Distraction. He has a habit of getting killed by Whoppers and getting smashed in the face by a golf club wielding zombie.

I think of RE6 as not the perfect RE title, but more positive than negative overall.

And Leon's campaign is plenty different from Chris and Jake's. If not just the zombie to Ju'avo factor, Leon's campaign was much more enjoyable, while I disliked many parts of Chris and Jake's campagns, I enjoyed both stories, Chris' was real interesting, and Piers' sacrifice at the end was honorable, as well as the fun relationship with the offspring of Wesker and Birkin in Jake and Sherry, RE6 wasn't a total catastrophe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RE7 news? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE7 news?   RE7 news? Empty

Back to top Go down

RE7 news?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next