HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Director commentary on RE0 prototype

Go down 
+3
Ssplain
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Director commentary on RE0 prototype Empty
PostSubject: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Some interesting insight from the director of Resident Evil 0 on the scrapped N64 prototype version of the game. Apparently they even intended to have local co-op in the game, which could explain a few things.

On another note, I'd like to have Rebecca's intended outfit as a special costume in the remaster, along with these director's commentary videos being available from the main menu or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 4:39 pm

am I crazy or did capcom once say that the n64 version only got the train part playable? cause if the full prototype was playable they should include that in the remaster
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 5:24 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
am I crazy or did capcom once say that the n64 version only got the train part playable? cause if the full prototype was playable they should include that in the remaster

I doubt the files for the actual game still exist. As you can see from the video, all that footage is on a VHS tape found in their archives. Still, having all the accessible footage as extras in the game would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Pretty cool they kept old footage of VHS around still lol, I agree that is something I would like to see as bonus content.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 1:11 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Wow, nice find. They were talking about whether Billy's VA was the same in the prototype as the final version of RE0 but they were talking over him so Teh Spike couldn't tell either!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Just watch the original footage on Youtube, you can hear him in that just fine.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:01 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Just watch the original footage on Youtube, you can hear him in that just fine.

Nah, Teh_Spike doesn't care THAT much. Seeing Albert Wesker and William Birkin in the original prototype RE0 would have been so BA.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:29 am

I'm glad that we didn't end up with that version of 0....
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Would be great if they added in co-op for the game. I think it's the only RE aside from the outbreak games that really would be better off with it. Also they need to add chests back in the game... good god i hated having to round everything up 20 times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Would be great if they added in co-op for the game.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NOOOOO.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Would be great if they added in co-op for the game.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. NOOOOO.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!

actually no,
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:14 am

I honestly wouldn't mind co-op. It's not like that's going to change anything anyway, there are still two characters running around whether you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 1:19 pm

I'd hate multiplayer on it. Why would you go and change that now? I think it adds to the fear of having to take good care of both characters.

It's also a lot better when I can just switch and do what I want the other character to do without having to explain it to someone. Besides, I'd probably play the co-op with someone who never played 0 before and me might get our asses kicked because of it.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I honestly wouldn't mind co-op. It's not like that's going to change anything anyway, there are still two characters running around whether you like it or not.

Let's think about this for a second. Would having two players, one Leon and the other Claire, really negatively affect anything? Whether They keep the A/B scenario or make one TRUE version of what occurred at RPD and the underground labs on that fateful September 29th 1998 night, Teh Spike doesn't think it would mess with anything and now think it sounds like a cool idea.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 1:40 pm

MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Let's think about this for a second. Would having two players, one Leon and the other Claire, really negatively affect anything? Whether They keep the A/B scenario or make one TRUE version of what occurred at RPD and the underground labs on that fateful September 29th 1998 night, Teh Spike doesn't think it would mess with anything and now think it sounds like a cool idea.

It'd be an interesting concept, I guess... But I dunno. They need two versions. Co-op AND A/B. They'd want to charge us for both versions instead of including them all in one.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 2:02 pm

MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Wait, we're talking RE2 now? Noo, I wouldn't want co-op in that. Zero would be nice with co-op, though. It's not like you'd be forced to play it on that and you're going to have two characters running around anyway. What's the harm?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Wait, we're talking RE2 now? Noo, I wouldn't want co-op in that. Zero would be nice with co-op, though. It's not like you'd be forced to play it on that and you're going to have two characters running around anyway. What's the harm?

Oh, yeah that would be cool for RE0. But you gotta admit, it would work ok for RE2 as well.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 2:16 pm

MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Oh, yeah that would be cool for RE0. But you gotta admit, it would work ok for RE2 as well.

Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't. It's just too much trouble than it's worth to develop and would create all kinds of continuity errors.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't. It's just too much trouble than it's worth to develop and would create all kinds of continuity errors.

Not really. Each character is running around doing their own thing while meeting up every now and then. Instead of playing the other character AFTER finishing the "A" scenario, why not have two peeps playing each scenario simultaneously. Split-screen, system-link or online or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 2:38 pm

MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Not really. Each character is running around doing their own thing while meeting up every now and then. Instead of playing the other character AFTER finishing the "A" scenario, why not have two peeps playing each scenario simultaneously. Split-screen, system-link or online or whatever.

Because if the other player dies both are fucked since there'd be no way of helping them. Besides, if both players would be doing their own thing without much interaction apart from those very few parts, there would be literally no point for it to even be a two-player game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Because if the other player dies both are fucked since there'd be no way of helping them. Besides, if both players would be doing their own thing without much interaction apart from those very few parts, there would be literally no point for it to even be a two-player game.

Yeah, but being a REmake they could easily amend this or alter that to allow for those few interactions to be a little more important, and maybe even have more interactions. It's a remake, brah. Get with the program.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:17 pm

No. Fuck co-op. RE2 is just fine as a single-player game. Those that want co-op can go play RE5 or something.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm with GL (though I'd still like to see co-op as an option in 0) in this case.

Completely changing the story to fit in unnecessary multiplayer features would go against everything people want to see from a remake. Even if the prolonged the parts where you work together it would still make no sense to have two people playing seperate stories. None.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:33 pm

RE5 didnt need to be co-op anymore than RE2 does. It may be more trouble than its worth, but its still an interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Director commentary on RE0 prototype   Director commentary on RE0 prototype Empty

Back to top Go down

Director commentary on RE0 prototype
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next