Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What makes Resident Evil for you?

Go down 
+14
NiteKrawler
RebelliousQueen
chrisredfield84
caesar2013
Ghost Leader
chocotricks
zeolite
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
MSR
Ssplain
PWNERX
S.Winters
ThomVD
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

What makes Resident Evil for you? Empty
PostSubject: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:47 pm

I think we all have some sort of view about what makes RE the way it is. What gives you the feeling that you are playing a RE game. Is it the story/characters, something about the gameplay or atmosphere?

To me it's multiple things. Story/characters etc. contribute a lot to that RE feeling too, but the main thing is the combination of exploration and puzzles. With all the locked doors, finding items and puzzle solving, making progress gives such an exciting feeling. You're happy that you can go on, but at the same time you fear the unknown. That just gives so much immersion and excitement, and that made my first playthroughs of older RE games so memorable. I think RE1 and REmake succeeded at this the most, thanks to the amazing Mansion setting. RE4 didn't have that, but I loved that game for other reasons. And the newer RE games have even less of that.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Hmm.. What make an RE game an RE game to me is probably recognizing the signature camera angles.. No matter how irritating they can be, it's like being home. Ha ha.

I always get so caught up in the story, like what in the world is going to happen next? Am I going to find a companion? Are they going to live or die? Or will there be so many things that happen that I keep realizing as the story progresses..

I miss the zombies...

I like thinking when I play my video games so I enjoy the puzzles. And it's fun to get lost in the maze of the map. I like finding new places and noticing the detail they've put into the rooms you can go into. Unlike Silent Hill where there's tons and tons of doors and they're either all locked or the locks are broken.

I've gotten so scared playing REREV2 by myself for whatever reason. Too much unknown, perhaps. But I know being at low health and ammo can always be scary. No one wants to die.

I've been so lost on the new way of playing from when it all started in RE4. Not saying the games are bad, just feeling a little meh to the over the shoulder camera. I feel that it added a little fear when you couldn't see what was coming. But you knew to be on your guard, as if you were actually playing through a real life outbreak.

I just like my RE games to be scary. ^0^
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:05 pm

I like the gameplay, storyline, and characters. Well, at least for 1-5. RE6 was a bit of a flop for me (and this is coming from the one guy who liked Duke Nukem Forever).
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:55 pm

ThomVD wrote:
With all the locked doors, finding items and puzzle solving, making progress gives such an exciting feeling. You're happy that you can go on, but at the same time you fear the unknown.

That sums up a large portion of what makes Resident Evil for me. Yes each key you find opens up a locked door, but also unlocks an even greater unknown. Mystery is key to horror. When you hear the music of a safe room you KNOW you are safe. There is no mystery, so the fear is gone... That is until you exit the room.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 8:13 pm

The characters. Also story, atmosphere, situations, etc. it all works together to make a unique experience. But the characters really keep everything going.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:29 pm

The characters, the story, the atmosphere and especially the lore. I just love it when I get a new piece of information in my hands or a new game to play, movie to see or a book to read that will expand the already rich storyline of the series. I honestly have no idea how I ended up loving it so much, it just... clicked.

S.Winters wrote:
I miss the zombies...

How so?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The characters, the story, the atmosphere and especially the lore. I just love it when I get a new piece of information in my hands or a new game to play, movie to see or a book to read that will expand the already rich storyline of the series. I honestly have no idea how I ended up loving it so much, it just... clicked.

S.Winters wrote:
I miss the zombies...

How so?

I dunno. All it seems nowadays is jumpscares and people infected with parasites and stuff.

What happened to dodging zombies? Though I never was good at it.. I dunno. Too stuck on the way the games used to be.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 am

S.Winters wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
I miss the zombies...

How so?

I dunno. All it seems nowadays is jumpscares and people infected with parasites and stuff.

What happened to dodging zombies? Though I never was good at it.. I dunno. Too stuck on the way the games used to be.

Ah. I was just wondering because I was pretty certain zombies are still present in the current games Very Happy

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:04 am

Don't get smart with me, Mass. Ha ha. They're just not what they uses to be.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:05 am

Eh. It's just that people seem to be more and more confused about what is a zombie in the games and what isn't.

Take the Afflicted for example. They aren't really zombies but they aren't human or parasite hosts either.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 12:33 pm

I don't think I've ever seen those, but we have plenty of 'zombie' games. We've got fungus zombies, parasite zombies, zombies that raise from the dead, virus zombies. There's so many to keep track of.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Basically this. Although it's been a good minute since Teh Spike has had any new RE's, whether it be new game, movie, or even rereleased game. Damnation was awesome, though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:08 am

S.Winters wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen those

You mean the Afflicted? Have you not played Revelations 2 yet?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:12 am

One day I will make a full thread about this...but not today, so I'm gonna keep it short.

We can argue all day about which game was the first survival horror, but we can all agree RE was the first to use the term, and what really makes it for me is the lack of resources against lots of enemies and puzzles. I don't mean i don't like RE4 onwards, but if killing enemies gives you more ammo to keep killing enemies...then the survival aspect of it fades away a bit for me

Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Look who's talking Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 2:24 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Look who's talking Razz

That's just it, if it took me this long, what the hell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:00 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
We can argue all day about which game was the first survival horror, but we can all agree RE was the first to use the term
"You have once again entered the world of survival horror. Good luck..." Just seeing that phrase when you loaded a saved game on RE1 added to the atmosphere. I wonder if they had any idea those two words would be infamous.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 pm

zeolite wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
We can argue all day about which game was the first survival horror, but we can all agree RE was the first to use the term
"You have once again entered the world of survival horror. Good luck..." Just seeing that phrase when you loaded a saved game on RE1 added to the atmosphere. I wonder if they had any idea those two words would be infamous.

You mean famous, right? Because I don't really see them being infamous.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 7:33 pm

I like killing mutant monstrosities.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Am I the only one who actually loves the controls in the game?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Am I the only one who actually loves the controls in the game?

Which game?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:55 pm

All of them! I fucking love tank controls like RE
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 am

chocotricks wrote:

Yup. Tank controls are pretty tight.

Unless you're playing a RE/Silent Hill clone. Then they're likely terrible.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 9:17 am

PWNERX wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Dino Crisis and Onimusha are prettu swank, though they are practically RE but in a different setting.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Dino Crisis and Onimusha are prettu swank, though they are practically RE but in a different setting.

What, Resident Evil with Dinosaurs and Ancient Japan Resident Evil? Weren't those games released by Capcom, anyways?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:36 pm

chocotricks wrote:

Teh_Spike 2nds this!

The tank controls ARE Resident Evil. It's always cool when Capcom retains the classic controls, even in newer games when some might think they are old and obsolete. Teh Spike can make them work though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes Resident Evil for you?   What makes Resident Evil for you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes Resident Evil for you?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next