HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  Empty
PostSubject: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:01 pm

http://kotaku.com/resident-evil-modders-have-removed-the-games-doors-1681786342

It's just not the same without the door animations.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:52 am

This is actually a very simple mod to do.
You technical don't even need to know what much about coding.
Also to answer your question, it's because unlike RE2 (or other RE titles), REmake doesn't let you skip the door frame animation.
This mod was only to aid speedrunners, the mod is made for them, not just the general RE player.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

I don't know why but that was honestly one of the things I cant see the old games without
its basically a trademark of the older resident evil titles

also not being able to move and shoot actually helped keep things more tense
and they shouldn't have add it In resident evil 6 imo
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:02 pm

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
I don't know why but that was honestly one of the things I cant see the old games without
its basically a trademark of the older resident evil titles

also not being able to move and shoot actually helped keep things more tense
and they shouldn't have add it In resident evil 6 imo

Of course, it was a simple yet awesome animation.
It is a mere staple in Resident Evil, it creates a tense atmosphere because you couldn't see what was on the other side of the door waiting on you.
I still find the script pretty cool, even to today because it creates something out someone that was mandatory in older games.
Different rooms and scenes had loading times so they added this to give a cool loading effect that also scared you.
I loved how in RE2 they got you with a jumpscare when you tried to open the door in RPD courtyard from the other side and the
two zombies burst through, that made me shit myself haha.

This mod is only developed for speedrunners anyway, I doubt people other than speedrunners will use it to be honest.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:22 pm

men I really hate speeding running games, mostly when it comes to resident evil titles
there is nothing better to me than to play a game really relaxed without worrying
about your performance/time

Took me like forever to complete code veronica like this,but it was so much more enjoyable
aldo I did get stuck a lot
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:52 pm

men I really hate speeding running games, mostly when it comes to resident evil titles
there is nothing better to me than to play a game really relaxed without worrying
about your performance/time

Took me like forever to complete code veronica like this,but it was so much more enjoyable
aldo I did get stuck a lot

Of course, I'm a speedrunner but during my first playthroughs I play normally.
However years of playing the titles I do enjoy doing speedruns, it tests my ability and showcases how much I've mastered the games,
Whilst giving a great spectacle for viewers.
Resident Evil 2 was my favorite title and I've uploaded a speedrun of that.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 pm

link to your channel dude,it seems interesting.
yeah I get what you mean
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:59 pm

link to your channel dude,it seems interesting.
yeah I get what you mean
It's from my old channel, I plan on re-uploading it to my new channel, might even do a far better run of it, as my initial run had far to many faults.
Here it is anyway. It's in 4 parts so click the links at the end to get onto the next video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVU1Cp5HOoQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations    REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations  Empty

Back to top Go down

REmaster HD: Modders Have Removed The Door Animations
Page 1 of 1