HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
V-ACT23
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
V-ACT23

Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books Empty
PostSubject: Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books   Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:12 pm

I was looking for a thread on the same subject but couldn't find any so I decided to make one myself.  What is everyone's favorite RE guidebook?  I'd love to know so I can find out which ones are the best to order.  I am specifically talking about the Japanese guidebooks.  They have to be official though...  

I would also like to know which official art books are nice Smile.

The guidebooks I already have (well, just ordered anyway) are:

*The Complete Conquest of Nemesis Biohazard 3 Guidebook (the one with Nemesis on the front)
 *Biohazard Gun Survivor 4 (Dead Aim) Heroes Never Die guidebook
 *Research on Biohazard 2 Final Edition
 *Inside of Biohazard Darkside Chronicles
 *Both Resident Evil Archive books
*Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Art of Arts
*Biohazard Outbreak Guidbook
*Biohazard 2 Prologue to Terror Magazine
*Biohazard ORC Art Book
*Biohazard 2 Official Guidebook
*Biohazard Inside of biohazard
*Biohazard Ad Arts

I'll post pics of my collection in the corresponding thread Smile

I'm excited to read about your favorite guidebooks and art books.  study
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books   Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 am

I only have Archives II myself, mainly because the first one is sooooooo hard to get with a reasonable price.

However, there are a few others whose names have stuck with me when I've been scouring the internet for new information on the development of the series. Here's a few that I can remember:

• The True Story Behind BioHazard
  • Darkside Report
  • Angela's Diary
  • Resident Evil: Degeneration Artbook
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica Official Strategy Guide (Bradygames)

The last one of those should include Nicholai's Report, set after the events of RE3. All of them, however, provide important info on the series. I would also have mentioned Inside of Biohazard Darkside Chronicles but you already seem to have it on the list Razz

Also, if you can track it down, I would suggest trying to find that one issue of Cube Magazine that had a lengthy diary by Leon depicting the game that was eventually never released, 3.5. I don't know which issue it was but it was from 2003. The article is called "The Diary of a Madman".

Oh, and if you don't mind the fact that it's promotional material for the film franchise, Raccoon City Times is a real print of the paper that was Raccoon City's local newspaper.

EDIT: The hardcover art book that came with the collector's edition of RE6 also has some really nice character and concept art. You should try to find out if someone is willing to part with theirs.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books   Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:38 pm

The perfect capture guides and official kaitai shinsho books have some excellent supplemental materials to enhance the back story. The bio4 kaitai shinsho actually references Wesker having access to Umbrella's stolen archives two years before Umbrella Chronicles was even released.

Inside of Biohazard the Darkside Chronicles is also excellent.

Capcom have just released Biohazard HD Remaster Official Capture Guide. If anyone picks that up I'd be interested to see if its any good. There's a section at the back entitled 'The Mansion Incident: Related Materials.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books   Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books Empty

Back to top Go down

Biohazard/Resident Evil Guide Books and Art Books
Page 1 of 1