Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Letdowns

Go down 
+11
RebelliousQueen
KelvintheCamper
Amadeus31B
Vandal
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Crowbar
DXP
Ghost Leader
DampRevil
PAULSAMSON
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

Resident Evil Letdowns Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:18 am

Ok people, this thread is for sharing our experiencies with the letdowns we had over the years with the RE series.

For example, ORC was a bit of a letdown for me because I thought that main characters (like Leon, Claire, etc.) were gonna be playable for something more than just one online versus mode skin. My letdown intensifies because I had the game on xbox and didn't have a gold subcription, meaning that I was missing all the versus modes, since the devs decided not to include splitscreen and offline multiplayer.

Another letdown may be the first time I played RE5, maybe a bit of a nickpick, but at the time I found the game too similar in gameplay to RE4, which I found weird since there were 4 years between those 2 games and their engines were different. I got over that, since basically every RE game after 4 has the same gameplay and 5 was a great game too, so fuck it.

the final one is from Damnation (yeah I'll talk about a movie in the game section, fucking hardcore). kind of an obvious one, I was expecting Ark Thompson to be in it and not Buddy. When the first full length trailer came out I was sure it was him, and it made sense, set in Europe (were survivor was set in, yes I know Ark is american but maybe he stayed there) and because he had a relationship with Leon, which was just referred to as "my friend Leon S Kennedy" but I thought that was good enough.

Share your thoughts and letdowns people.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:43 pm

I used to have a lot of problems, but they're pretty irrelevant now. I guess my biggest letdown with the series would have to be the story. There's so many plot holes, so many characters, so many antagonists and evil corporations, etc. I wish Capcom would hunker down, pick a specific cast of characters to follow, and start following a cohesive story.

Another major letdown is how Capcom handled Neo-Umbrella. Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 both made references to Umbrella's revival, then Capcom brought it back in Resident Evil 6 and destroyed it in the same game it was introduced in. It's unlikely that'll we'll be seeing Neo-Umbrella ever again because a file in Resident Evil 6 mentioned that Neo-Umbrella completely collapsed after the bio-terror attack in China. However, Capcom mentioned that "The Family" is still alive and well. So instead of giving us Umbrella, they give us some random "Family" that we know nothing about.

Another thing that annoys me is that Capcom was actually going to kill Chris in Resident Evil 6 without including Claire or Jill in the game. Chris was going to sacrifice himself for a brand new character who was only in a relatively short campaign. Are you serious? That's how Chris Redfield was going to die? If Capcom is going to revive that story for Chris, he should only sacrifice himself for Claire or Jill. I think that's self explanatory.

Something else that bothers me is the fact that Claire or Jill had no involvement (to our knowledge) in trying to find Chris when he dropped off the radar. Claire spent three months trying to find Chris during Raccoon City, but when he goes missing for six months she doesn't seem to care. To make things worse, Claire contacted Sherry three weeks before the events of Resident Evil 6. That tells me that she's not too concerned about Chris if she's writing letters to Sherry about Simmons. As for Jill's involvement in trying to find Chris, she should have been the one to contact Piers about the rescue, not Sheva. Jill has known Chris much longer than Sheva has, and to our knowledge, she made no attempt to find him. That just seems odd.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but those are just some of the more recent things that have annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyTue May 06, 2014 3:53 pm

RE4 and everything after it has been a letdown for me.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:37 pm

If everything after Resident Evil 4 is a letdown to you, then why is your avatar Jill from Resident Evil 5? Just curious?
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:00 am

First thing for me was ORC...10 hours is all I lasted before I uninstalled it. It was tedious, sponge bullet inducing crap with the RE brand stamped on it. Glad I didn't pay full price for it.

RE6....this is the worst offender, completed it but after one entire play-through that was it...didn't care about all the additional bonus items at all, again Capcom tried too hard to cater to every fan and as a result it was just chaotic, and that damn nudity...was that really necessary?

And my absolute favorite(not) RE5....remember how Spencer was the big bad? Yeah dead in 2 seconds with a punch through the chest. Wesker with a god complex? Sheva replacing Jill as Chris's partner? No Barry at all...seriously that game is at least better then 6 but not a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:08 am

DampRevil wrote:
If everything after Resident Evil 4 is a letdown to you, then why is your avatar Jill from Resident Evil 5? Just curious?
Because Jill is hot, regardless of what color her hair is. And personally I think she rocks the blond.

And this avatar is kind of my trademark here on REF.
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:40 am

I pre ordered ORC and I ended up very disappointed. That would probably be the biggest letdown for me of the franchise (And the biggest mistake I've made), though there are a few smaller ones here and there. I was honestly expecting something good to come out of it too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:55 am

Darkside Chronicles. I kept hearing how awesome it was and how it's so much better than Umbrella Chronicles but honestly, I found UC much more enjoyable. If I wasn't playing DSC in co-op I wouldn't play it at all, at least I can poke fun at the game with someone when playing it that way. Not the worst game I've ever played by any means, it's not even that bad, it's just not enjoyable. At all. I guess my biggest disappointment was all the hype everyone gave me for it.

RE6 was a great game, at least to me. I have no complaints about it. What was seriously lacking, though, was extra content. Three maps in Mercenaries (without DLC) yet more playable characters than in Mercenaries 3D? Which brings me to anot letdown, the character roster in Mercs3D. A full Mercenaries game and you only give us 8 characters and didn't include Leon or Ada because "they were busy being in other games" AND make the game unable to accept DLC? Ouch. I did have my hopes for a console release but the way they decided to test the market for it was iOS... Btw. I really was interested in the extra DLC modes for RE6 but by the time they were released everyone I knew had already lost interest in the game.

I would go with an easy pick and say Missions and rip it verbally apart like I usually do but a shit game's a shit game. I didn't pay any money for it anyway. Another easy pick would be Survivor 2's controls but to be honest I wasn't expecting anything spectacular with the game anyway so I'll let it slide.

Unexpectedly I did enjoy ORC, unlike oh so many other people. I guess it helped not playing it on launch and hearing everyone's "opinions" (read: unadulterated rage) I got kind of a soft landing and wasn't expecting the big explorable areas or a grand plotline and managed to actually enjoy the game through and through. So yeah, t'wasn't a letdown at all. The misleading trailers were, no matter how gorgeous they are.

And the last thing: Hearing that the Dark Biohazard mod for RE2 had been cancelled.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
the final one is from Damnation (yeah I'll talk about a movie in the game section, fucking hardcore). kind of an obvious one, I was expecting Ark Thompson to be in it and not Buddy. When the first full length trailer came out I was sure it was him, and it made sense, set in Europe (were survivor was set in, yes I know Ark is american but maybe he stayed there) and because he had a relationship with Leon, which was just referred to as "my friend Leon S Kennedy" but I thought that was good enough.

We all were. We all were... Great movie but damn, that should've been Ark!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:34 am

No Barry since 2000...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:47 am

Resident Evil ORC actually started off pretty well for me. Although, the more I played it the more I was disappointed by it. They didn't make a patch for the game until three months after it's release and by then all my friends stopped playing. When it wasn't glitching it was a decent game, too bad no one bothered to test it before they rushed it on store shelves. Also, no splitscreen for your multiplayer based game? Really?

But the biggest let down was Resident Evil 6. I had preordered Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS and a week before I go and pick it up, they reveal Resident Evil 6 coming out that very year. The trailer gets me pumped, and I can't wait for it. They keep releasing more and more information as the year goes on they push the November release date back almost an entire month, and with how well I received Resident Evil Revelations, I was just itching to play the new title. It was actually the first game I had ever bought on midnight release.

When I played that game I tried to ignore the fact that it wasn't good. I played it, replayed it, got good at it, and kept playing it. I played it for nearly a month straight. I didn't touch any other game, I beat it on veteran, which was the toughest at the time because they didn't bother adding professional until much later. It wasn't long until the game began irritating me. When I finally put it down my other friends began picking it up and it kind of forced me to keep playing. I must have beat Simmons over 14 times because you had to beat him twice in the campaign and I had other friends playing. It had to have been the most tedious thing I've ever endured.

So all my inital excitement for the game turned sour, and I resented the developers for ever getting me excited for it. Not only were the controls bad, the graphics muddy, and the enemies bat shit retarded, but the story was a mess. There wasn't anything I could enjoy about it.

PWNERX wrote:

Barry was in both RE5 and RE The Mercenaries 3D. If you're talking about him being in a story well, he hasn't been in a Resident Evil title since Resident Evil 1 and there's been 8 Resident Evil games focusing on the main canon since. He's only been in ONE canonical game, if you think he's going to return any time soon, then you're just wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:26 am

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Barry was in both RE5 and RE The Mercenaries 3D. If you're talking about him being in a story well, he hasn't been in a Resident Evil title since Resident Evil 1 and there's been 8 Resident Evil games focusing on the main canon since. He's only been in ONE canonical game, if you think he's going to return any time soon, then you're just wrong.

He did make a canon appearance in RE3 which, depending on your location, was released in 2000.

Then again, I'm fairly certain Hudson, Maine is located in the United States.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:47 am

I don't think i consider RE6 a letdown, because I was kinda expecting what I got, the trailers sorta made me believe that it was gonna be an okay game both gameplay and story.

I do have one letdown about Revelations that isn't actually about the game itself, huge spoilers:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:06 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spoiler:

Simon? You mean Raymond?
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:25 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

Because Jill is hot, regardless of what color her hair is. And personally I think she rocks the blond.

And this avatar is kind of my trademark here on REF.
Oh, okay! I just wasn't sure!

PAULSAMSON wrote:

I do have one letdown about Revelations that isn't actually about the game itself, huge spoilers:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Vandal wrote:
Resident Evil ORC actually started off pretty well for me. Although, the more I played it the more I was disappointed by it. They didn't make a patch for the game until three months after it's release and by then all my friends stopped playing. When it wasn't glitching it was a decent game, too bad no one bothered to test it before they rushed it on store shelves. Also, no splitscreen for your multiplayer based game? Really?

But the biggest let down was Resident Evil 6. I had preordered Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS and a week before I go and pick it up, they reveal Resident Evil 6 coming out that very year. The trailer gets me pumped, and I can't wait for it. They keep releasing more and more information as the year goes on they push the November release date back almost an entire month, and with how well I received Resident Evil Revelations, I was just itching to play the new title. It was actually the first game I had ever bought on midnight release.

When I played that game I tried to ignore the fact that it wasn't good. I played it, replayed it, got good at it, and kept playing it. I played it for nearly a month straight. I didn't touch any other game, I beat it on veteran, which was the toughest at the time because they didn't bother adding professional until much later. It wasn't long until the game began irritating me. When I finally put it down my other friends began picking it up and it kind of forced me to keep playing. I must have beat Simmons over 14 times because you had to beat him twice in the campaign and I had other friends playing. It had to have been the most tedious thing I've ever endured.

So all my inital excitement for the game turned sour, and I resented the developers for ever getting me excited for it. Not only were the controls bad, the graphics muddy, and the enemies bat shit retarded, but the story was a mess. There wasn't anything I could enjoy about it.

PWNERX wrote:

Well, RE3 counts as canonical, and the last game he starred in was Gaiden...so...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
dge.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

He did make a canon appearance in RE3 which, depending on your location, was released in 2000.

I should of Multi-quoted this, but in the US I recall RE3 came out in 1999. I was referencing Gaiden. Back then, I was in Bangor, Maine.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:22 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

I should of Multi-quoted this, but in the US I recall RE3 came out in 1999. I was referencing Gaiden. Back then, I was in Bangor, Maine.

Still in the US. I just thought you were talking about the last canon appearance.
Back to top Go down
Amadeus31B
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Amadeus31B

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Operation Raccoon City isn't that bad. I despised it when it released because I was expecting something else. I recently played through it again - and you know what? - it isn't terrible. They were nice enough to include functions from other titles such as zombification from Outbreak F1 & 2 and even the tackle move from that game.

It still had much more potential. I hope to see another one, but better.
Back to top Go down
KelvintheCamper
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
KelvintheCamper

Steam : GamerKelvin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:31 pm

I hope the new movie is coming next month :/  even if trailer.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyThu May 08, 2014 3:55 am

KelvintheCamper wrote:

Well, the way those turned out sure is a letdown.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyThu May 08, 2014 5:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spoiler:

Simon? You mean Raymond?

Resident Evil Letdowns 3b4

..........................................................yes...

Mass Distraction wrote:
KelvintheCamper wrote:

Well, the way those turned out sure is a letdown.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Resident Evil Letdowns OHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyThu May 08, 2014 11:44 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Yeah, Gaiden isn't canon.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Vandal wrote:
At least, it's never been stated to be canon by Capcom anyway.

I'd be hilarious if in a main series game down the road, Leon turns out to be an advanced BOW of some kind and Capcom is all like, "What, didn't you people play Gaiden? You should have seen this coming!" lol! 
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
At least, it's never been stated to be canon by Capcom anyway.

I'd be hilarious if in a main series game down the road, Leon turns out to be an advanced BOW of some kind and Capcom is all like, "What, didn't you people play Gaiden? You should have seen this coming!" lol! 

Even though Gaiden is not a Canon it is more better than ORC. Just like Outbreak is better than ORC. But somehow I got this meh feelin' that ORC is better than 6.  lol! 

PS: Handsome admins just never remove this lol icon. It's cute and it's drivin me crazy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:01 am

Guess its just different strokes with regards to ORC then? Seriously I gave it 11 hours before my limit ended its just SOCOM re-skinnned...and worse is it suffered from some of the worst ideas ever...(despite the fact I enjoyed going to some of the locations)

*It made the labs too big
*2005 cars in 1998?
*Optical camouflage
*RPD wasn't the RPD at all
*Zombies that were sponge bullets, same goes for USS or Spec Ops
*Nemesis.....why did they screw him up?
*Hunters....hated those shits with a passion(again sponge bullets)

It tried hard but in the end it just didn't feel like an RE title too me personally, outbreak sadly super-seeds it and that is older than it...go figure.

Another let down I can think of is the third live action movie. I had to read the book too actually make sense of the plot, despite the fact I know they missed out Jill's segment etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Letdowns
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next