HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?

Go down 
+4
MSR
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
TheSkinniMini1
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 am

^Really? The two of them don't seem to be or look alike in any way.

Yeah the visuals took me back to the ps1 cgi cutscene days (granted the film was made in 2000 so it makes sense)

Pairings listed so far
Chris and Rebecca
Claire and Barry
Rebecca w/ a Nicholai cameo
Leon and Ark and/or Ashley
Carlos and Nicholai w/ a appearance by Dr. Cameron

Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Blood Vengeance. Damnation was gold, despite its relevance to overall story. Blood Vengeance was good until it turned into a schoolgirl drama.
Oh, I had a feeling you were talking about Blood Vengeance. I haven't seen the full movie, but I've seen parts of it.

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Well they could always get a new producers and directors (bc I think you're talking about the Director Makoto Kamiya but I could be mistaken) if this is true (although it doesn't seem like Kamiya wants to stop making films based on the interviews I've seen of seen of him). Why should the CGI films end just bc a  certain person doesn't want to do them anymore.

Oh, here is the interview with Makoto Kamiya  where he said if he made another cgi film, he would be interested in using Chris and Jill if the producers allowed it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQb9NW80zjY&feature=youtube_gdata_player around the 12 minute mark).

In this interview ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS7NorTwtVE&feature=youtube_gdata_player), he again mentions Chris as a character he would like to use around the 1 minute mark and around the 4  minute mark, when asked about bringing smaller characters back, he mentions that there are many he would like to see yet weirdly enough singles out Ashley by name.

If this is the case, I'd rather see someone else producing these movies (bc at least Kamiya wants to add smaller characters like Rebecca and even Ashley-although Ashley imo doesn't need to be seen again nor is the fanbase clamoring for her return). Chris and Jill (which I don't agree with but we all know the producers would green light it in a second bc of their popularity) together again would be boring (although like I said I wouldn't mind seeing Chris with someone else). Although I don't agree with Kamiya regarding Ashley, the producers would probably okay her return in one of these CGI films over Rebecca, Barry, or even Carlos bc it would give them an excuse to tell Kamiya to add Leon again. The producers really need to give those characters a chance and suggest to Kamiya (if he does direct a third CGI film) to use them.
I'm pretty sure it was Makoto Kamiya who said he didn't want to pursue the films anymore. But I agree, there's always other people who could take over.

Thanks for posting the interview! I've been trying to find it for a long time because I've never watched it for myself. It didn't seem like the producer had a genuine interest in Chris and Jill though, it seemed more like a generic response  because the interviewer asked about them. If they were going to be in a movie together, I hope Capcom creates a good story for them instead of just using them for fan service. The same applies for Leon.

As for the smaller characters being used, I kinda hope that doesn't happen if nothing bigger won't come from it. I'll use Rebecca for example. What would be the point of bringing Rebecca back in a film, but she doesn't come back in any of them games following it. Same applies for other characters like Carlos, Barry, and even Ashley. If their appearance is going to feel random, don't even bring them back if there's no logical reason for them to come back. I believe the CGI films should tie into the game following it. The main protagonist of the game should also be the main protagonist of the film. It helps create a more cohesive story, as opposed to random stories with random characters.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Oh no problem DampRevil Very Happy 

I agree, it did seem like he only thought of Chris and Jill together bc they just so happen to be the pairing brought up. However based on the other interview, he genuinely seemed to like Chris (no Jill mentioned) as an option.

I see what you mean regarding your third point and agree with it to a degree. While it would be more cohesive to put the next game lead character in the next cgi film as lead, Damnation/RE6 showed that it doesn't always work. Leon's and Ada's actions in Damnation barely tied into RE6 if they did at all.

I think it would be alright bring back an old character in the next cgi film in a way that would move the overall story forward without them being required to be in the following game. Let me make up an scenario.
Let's say they do bring Rebecca back. Why not introduce Alex Wesker in the next cgi film and give them a history together. Maybe they worked together (with Alex working under a different last name) and made a formula of some kind together (a formula which would be important in the next game). Alex then took the formula in order to make it into something ugly yet he didn't get the entire thing because Rebecca kept the most important part herself (maybe she never trusted him completely). Alex is out to get Rebecca and the rest of the formula. The BSAA and Chris just so happen to be in a nearby town helping the citizens out there. Chris comes across Rebecca (who has successfully managed to avoid Alex alone all this time), learns of Alex pursuit of her and promises to assist her anyway. Due to getting involved, Chris meets Alex (who I believe Capcom will make the new Albert out of). By the end of the film, The BSAA offers to take the information from her and keep it so that she could be left alone. Although she's not afraid of Alex, in the end Rebecca agrees to do it so bc she trusts the BSAA and so that she can get back to her normal life. Alex finds out and decides to target the entire BSAA organization in order to get the info that will bring him great power all while reeking havoc onto the world.

In this scenario, an old character is brought back so fans can finally see what she has been up to and is finally closed off properly, all while affecting future storylines. The next main villain is introduced and given a backstory while being prepped for future storylines, and the BSAA is being prepped for the next storyline (I'm sure a BSAA member will be in RE7). This would make the next cgi film an instant watch for me bc of all the important stuff that occurs.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:23 pm

I wouldn't find it surprising at all that Chris would be in a CGI film, but I definitely don't think he would be the main character. I think it's always going Leon, and seeing how he was the main character of the last two films, Capcom probably won't change the pattern.

The scenario you created makes sense and I see no reason why that couldn't work, but I could see how it would be a little tricky. Since you introduced Rebecca and Alex as a pair, people may wonder why Alex would return in Resident Evil 7, but Rebecca wouldn't. Even though she gave the information to the B.S.A.A., people may expect her to show up anyway. Similar to how people always expected Chris and Wesker to show up together, or similar to how you would just expect Chris to come back if Jessica ever made an appearance again.

While other storylines are being introduced (a new antagonist and the B.S.A.A.'s involvement with the new antagonist), Rebecca may automatically get trapped in Alex's storyline since they were introduced together.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:47 pm

About your first point, I'm hoping Capcom's surprises me and uses anybody but Leon.

About your second point, I see what you mean but if someone was to ask that question, I'd would advise them to watch the end of "Third RE CGI Film" to answer their question on why she isn't in RE7. Also about Jessica, I'm personally not expecting Chris to be a part of Jessica's return. If anybody should be, it should be Parker. That's who she betrayed on a personal level. He's the one that actually cared about her. Chris didn't care about Jessica beyond she's just my current partner. At least that how it came across to me.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:09 pm

I won't be surprised if we do get Leon again. Capcom seems to be trying to milk him for everything he's worth, and they onviously can't tell that he's been milked dry.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Vandal wrote:
I won't be surprised if we do get Leon again. Capcom seems to be trying to milk him for everything he's worth, and they onviously can't tell that he's been milked dry.

I agree especially cause of his age
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 11:54 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
About your first point, I'm hoping Capcom's surprises me and uses anybody but Leon.

About your second point, I see what you mean but if someone was to ask that question, I'd would advise them to watch the end of "Third RE CGI Film" to answer their question on why she isn't in RE7. Also about Jessica, I'm personally not expecting Chris to be a part of Jessica's return. If anybody should be, it should be Parker. That's who she betrayed on a personal level. He's the one that actually cared about her. Chris didn't care about Jessica beyond she's just my current partner. At least that how it came across to me.

Referring fans to the third CGI film would be the most logical solution I suppose. I agree that Parker should be the one to come back if Jessica does. Like you mentioned, Parker was the one who was personally betrayed, not Chris. Also, it's been 8 years in the Resident Evil timeline since Chris and Jessica have seen each other (I'm assuming), so Chris probably doesn't have a personal vendetta against her anymore.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:57 am

DampRevil wrote:
TheSkinniMini1 wrote:

Referring fans to the third CGI film would be the most logical solution I suppose. I agree that Parker should be the one to come back if Jessica does. Like you mentioned, Parker was the one who was personally betrayed, not Chris. Also, it's been 8 years in the Resident Evil timeline since Chris and Jessica have seen each other (I'm assuming), so Chris probably doesn't have a personal vendetta against her anymore.
The thing is I wouldn't mind if Chris was a part of her reappearance (if she ever makes one of course), but in the back of my head I would be wondering why isn't Parker there instead, esp if they decide to bring Raymond back with her.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:16 am

Jessica was so annoying when asking Chris about Jill.

So Jill, was it?

Was what, stick to the mission.

Also, is there a 3rd CGI RE film? I have Degen and Damnation, which for the record i enjoyed both, but especially Damnation. But from your guy's discussion idk if there is a 3rd CG film or if you guys are just speculating.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am

^ No buddy we are just speculating. No third cgi film has been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:

The thing is I wouldn't mind if Chris was a part of her reappearance (if she ever makes one of course), but in the back of my head I would be wondering why isn't Parker there instead, esp if they decide to bring Raymond back with her.
I totally agree! And yeah Teh Spike, we're just speculating about a third film!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?   What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What pairing would you like to see in the next CGI film?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2