Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Remaking the series? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Remaking the series? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Remaking the series? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Remaking the series? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Remaking the series? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Remaking the series? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Remaking the series? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Remaking the series? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Remaking the series? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Remaking the series?

Go down 
+4
Mcghie
Vandal
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
8 posters

Do you think CAPCOM will really remake the RE series from scratch?
Yes
Remaking the series? Vote_lcap0%Remaking the series? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Remaking the series? Vote_lcap100%Remaking the series? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Remaking the series? Empty
PostSubject: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 am

Even if resident evil 6 was bad remaking the series would be just showing sheer desperation on capcoms part.   Do we really need a third remake of resident evil 1?   That said it would be VERY cool remaking re2, code veronica and re3 but I think re0 and re1 is just uncalled for and a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:57 am

Capcom's reboots had been received badly by the fanbase, no matter how great the game is, like DMC.

I won't like a remake of the series, just because I think that the atmosphere of the early games can't e recreated in games nowadays
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Didn't they already remake it? And it was awesome? Why would they remake it a third time?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 1:47 pm

I don't think they need to remake the first version of the game.
They done a stellar job on the original REmake for the NGC.
I feel they should however ask or obtain the licensing back from Nintendo (if possible)
and release a updated version of REmake and RE0, maybe with slightly upscaled texture resolution, running at 60FPS, some lighting tweaks etc and then bring it out as a bundle for the
PS3, XB360 and PC (maybe even PS4, XBone).
Since the title is held in high regard with the fanbase, it would be a clever move as I know for certain everyone would would love a refresh and release across all the major platforms.
I already have the GC emulated one that was coded to run standalone on PC and you could updscale the resolution and use Anti-Aliasing and I will tell you it looked fantastic, even though it wasn't developed for it.
The game still kept with the times visually.
Only problem with this trainer is the fact the controller support was not customizable and
some of the audio files where missing or some segments of the instrumentals where missing so you could only hear the strings or the piano that played in the safe room, rather than the full composure, which was a pain, as if there is one main thing that ties the RE games together (atmosphere and emotion wise) it's the OST for the games.
I fell they don't have the reboot the series, Resident Evil 6 introduced some decent gameplay mechanics, they just have to work out the kinks and try to inject more horror into future titles.
Even if it means we will not have a future title for 3 years then so be it, they really need to come at the whole design element a lot different and try to get tackle the title with a horror first, action later mind set.
Try to take it back to roots but make it an exciting title that will appeal to not only long time RE fans and horror fans, but also players who enjoy a much more action friendly title.
Games like RE outbreak was a good example of horror but minimal action gone well.
I don't mean I want future titles to be like outbreak but they should definitely look back and take notes from the balance within the design it had.  
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 3:29 pm

RE1 is fine as is, all we need are ports so we can play it on different consoles. RE0 could use some improvement, but I don't think a remake would be worth the effort, so just port it too. Putting them in HD would be nice too, but Capcom doesn't feel like it because they would have to render the pre-rendered backgrounds again.

As for RE2/3/CV remakes, in theory it could be awesome, but Capcom's changed a lot since the first remake and lost a lot of key employees. Making decisions regarding a remake was also much easier in 2002, just make it have a fixed camera and tank controls because that's what RE games had. Now they would have to decide what game-play style to use, and it would be a polarizing decision either way. They could let us choose which camera we prefer, but that would be a nightmare to get the game-play balance right, what works in one style isn't necessarily going to work well in another, and it would probably end up holding back both styles from doing their best.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:46 pm

My thoughts match almost word for word with Narwhals, so that's my opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 1:10 am

Considering Capcom has already stated they will be doing RE7 I don't think they are going to reboot the series any time soon.

RE2 remake would be nice but as Narwhals stated before, it'd be a big decision for Capcom and a lot of work to make it profitable.

On the note of remaking the original RE again... There would be absolutely no point in that. That game propably has the most re-releases ever made for a game anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
IloveJILL98
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
IloveJILL98

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 pm

That doesn't seem like much of a reboot if capcom just remakes all the games with just updated graphics and gameplay mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remaking the series?   Remaking the series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Remaking the series?
Page 1 of 1