HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?

Go down 
+7
ChrisRedfieldRE156
PAULSAMSON
37 Narwhals
MSR
Vandal
PWNERX
Jamesy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? Empty
PostSubject: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Do you think resident evil 6 was as disastrous to capcom as the movie 'batman and robin' was to the Warner bros/batman franchise?

That said the train wreck that was batman and robin inspired Warner brother to reboot the franchise with batman begins so maybe that is what cap com should do for re7 although I hope not Neutral 
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Well, it wasn't even remotely close to the flop that was B&R. That was fail. This was mediocre.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Well, it wasn't even remotely close to the flop that was B&R. That was fail. This was mediocre.

You think re7 might be a flop?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

If Capcom smartens up? No. If they don't? No.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Capcom put a lot of money into Resident Evil 6 and failed to meet sales expectations. All their games did in 2013, from old faithfuls like DMC to new IPs like Dragon's Dogma. Even games that have been rereleased like Darkstalkers. Capcom Europe was hit really hard and had a huge lay off of employees.

I think it was because of Resident Evil 6 that was released at the end of 2012, that was really turned off by Capcom as a company.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Is Batman & Robin the one that had Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mister Freeze? I love that movie!

"Time to kick some ice!" Mr. Freeze ice puns ftw
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Is Batman & Robin the one that had Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mister Freeze? I love that movie!

Honestly, he would've made a better Bane (who was also in the movie). The movie was BAD.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:46 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Honestly, he would've made a better Bane (who was also in the movie). The movie was BAD.

If it's zo bad, why have I seen it so many times? Riddle me that.

The music in the Batman films has ALWAYS been fucking awesome. FACT. Even in Batman & Robin and the one with Val Kilmer.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:16 pm

While RE6 isn't the worst game ever made, it's still not good either, and it fails to really appeal to any audience. The only part of RE6 that felt like Capcom was really trying was Chris's campaign, everything else seemed rushed and poorly designed. The problem is that it's about as far away as you can get from what RE fans actually want, and it doesn't really stand out in the over-saturated shooter market enough to really capture their attention.

The game feels like it's designed to appeal to a new audience, but at the same time, they seem to be acting like those people are already fans. They made a big deal out of Leon and Chris aiming guns at each other, but that doesn't mean anything if you're not already a fan, who are these guys and why should I care? Characters keep talking about the Raccoon City Incident and Umbrella, and that can be off putting if you're new, they might think "maybe I need to play the old ones to understand this."

It doesn't really appeal to RE fans either because it doesn't feel like a RE game at all, and everything thrown in for the fans is superficial. Zombies, Sherry, Leon, Raccoon City references, none of these are enough to make the game feel like Resident Evil to me, if anything, they actually make it worse because they constantly remind me how different it is from what I expected, and it's hard to avoid comparisons to previous games because of it.
Potential new fans will also hear old fans saying that it's not good and decide not to buy it.

Overall, even though the game is playable, and can even be enjoyable at times, I just can't recommend it to anyone. By contrast, even though RE0 isn't very good either (IMO, of course) I can at least say "If you like old-school Resident Evil, you should give it a try."

Jamesy wrote:
RE6 seemed to be doing well when it first came out, then word of mouth spread and destroyed it. A lot of people were so disappointed by 6 (ORC didn't help either) that they didn't even give Revelations a chance, despite it not having the same problems that people had with 6. I think that 7 will sell less than 6 regardless of what Capcom does because of that. I doubt it'll sell too badly, but they have absurdly high expectations.

Jamesy wrote:
That said the train wreck that was batman and robin inspired Warner brother to reboot the franchise with batman begins so maybe that is what cap com should do for re7 although I hope not Neutral
They have said that they're considering doing a reboot. Personally I don't want one, it's like saying "Hey we're bad writers who can't figure out how to continue our story despite the many plot threads we've ignored." RE6 didn't change the plot enough to justify a reboot, they could easily write around it and just ignore the stupid parts of 6.

TLDR:  Ramble ramble ramble.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:48 am

What I don't understand (a bit of sarcasm here) is why RE Revelations was such a great game that felt like a good and new Resi game being that problably it was at development at the same time as RE6. Yeah, I know the developing teams were different, but for me, if instead of 2005 it would have been 2012 then they could have just changed the title from Revelation to 6 and save the franchise
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 4:22 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
While RE6 isn't the worst game ever made, it's still not good either, and it fails to really appeal to any audience. The only part of RE6 that felt like Capcom was really trying was Chris's campaign, everything else seemed rushed and poorly designed. The problem is that it's about as far away as you can get from what RE fans actually want, and it doesn't really stand out in the over-saturated shooter market enough to really capture their attention.

The game feels like it's designed to appeal to a new audience, but at the same time, they seem to be acting like those people are already fans. They made a big deal out of Leon and Chris aiming guns at each other, but that doesn't mean anything if you're not already a fan, who are these guys and why should I care? Characters keep talking about the Raccoon City Incident and Umbrella, and that can be off putting if you're new, they might think "maybe I need to play the old ones to understand this."

It doesn't really appeal to RE fans either because it doesn't feel like a RE game at all, and everything thrown in for the fans is superficial. Zombies, Sherry, Leon, Raccoon City references, none of these are enough to make the game feel like Resident Evil to me, if anything, they actually make it worse because they constantly remind me how different it is from what I expected, and it's hard to avoid comparisons to previous games because of it.
Potential new fans will also hear old fans saying that it's not good and decide not to buy it.

Overall, even though the game is playable, and can even be enjoyable at times, I just can't recommend it to anyone. By contrast, even though RE0 isn't very good either (IMO, of course) I can at least say "If you like old-school Resident Evil, you should give it a try."

Jamesy wrote:
RE6 seemed to be doing well when it first came out, then word of mouth spread and destroyed it. A lot of people were so disappointed by 6 (ORC didn't help either) that they didn't even give Revelations a chance, despite it not having the same problems that people had with 6. I think that 7 will sell less than 6 regardless of what Capcom does because of that. I doubt it'll sell too badly, but they have absurdly high expectations.

Jamesy wrote:
That said the train wreck that was batman and robin inspired Warner brother to reboot the franchise with batman begins so maybe that is what cap com should do for re7 although I hope not Neutral
They have said that they're considering doing a reboot. Personally I don't want one, it's like saying "Hey we're bad writers who can't figure out how to continue our story despite the many plot threads we've ignored." RE6 didn't change the plot enough to justify a reboot, they could easily write around it and just ignore the stupid parts of 6.

TLDR:  Ramble ramble ramble.

Yeah I like the chemistry between Chris and piers but overall that was my least fave campaign.  The jake campaign was my most enjoyed though (probably because of untansik).

I'd go on the Chris campaign just to watch the cutscenes but the gameplay was tedious and ridiculously hard in some parts.  Even the legendary Chris redfield could not save the campaign from being a pain in the ass.

Much like as well how Chris could not save re5 from being boring and monotonous for most of the game. Thankfully wesker made things interesting in the later part of that game but then he died DAMN YOU CAPCOM  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

The music in the Batman films has ALWAYS been fucking awesome. FACT. Even in Batman & Robin and the one with Val Kilmer.

Riddler wasn't in it, just "mentioned". Also, bad puns, terrible plot, and...Bat Nipples.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:12 am

Jamesy wrote:

Yeah I like the chemistry between Chris and piers but overall that was my least fave campaign.  The jake campaign was my most enjoyed though (probably because of untansik).

I'd go on the Chris campaign just to watch the cutscenes but the gameplay was tedious and ridiculously hard in some parts.  Even the legendary Chris redfield could not save the campaign from being a pain in the ass.

Much like as well how Chris could not save re5 from being boring and monotonous for most of the game.  Thankfully wesker made things interesting in the later part of that game but then he died DAMN YOU CAPCOM  Evil or Very Mad 

Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D: They should have named him that way Very Happy:D:D Untansik sounds awesome Very Happy

Actually i think that biggest disappointment in those 3 stories was Leons, since they promised oldschool horror, which it definitely wasn't, devs kinda teased us with easy puzzles and not that scary gameplay. As for Chris' story, well you knew what you were getting there, it wasn't a surprise that it would have been a military/action story and i guess they pulled it off quite well compered to the other two, with extremely dramatic cut scenes (i mean honestly now, did any of three parts had such a huge emotional impact on you?)

As for the game being a flop, well i dont think so. It's quite good game with great story, but undercooked gameplay. I really liked it and replayed many times.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

The number of times you've seen it doesn't change the fact that it was a commercial failure.
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:09 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:

Me being a long time RE fan, I can still say that my overall experience with RE6 is positive. I did enjoy it unlike most people, but even then there were many moments that felt like they either dragged on, or felt rushed or just felt boring in general. The first Chapter of Leon's campaign felt a bit RE-Style, and was fun overall. Well I'm an action genre fan, so this would appeal to me regardless. I just appreciate it more (Odd enough) that it's an RE game. Main reason for that is that I actually know these characters and what their stories are.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:03 am

Crowbar wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:

Me being a long time RE fan, I can still say that my overall experience with RE6 is positive. I did enjoy it unlike most people, but even then there were many moments that felt like they either dragged on, or felt rushed or just felt boring in general. The first Chapter of Leon's campaign felt a bit RE-Style, and was fun overall. Well I'm an action genre fan, so this would appeal to me regardless. I just appreciate it more (Odd enough) that it's an RE game. Main reason for that is that I actually know these characters and what their stories are.

Well said. I can assume you are planning on getting RE7?

Oh, and if you plan on sticking with the site, you could make an introductory post in the introductions section Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Crowbar
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Crowbar wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:

Well said. I can assume you are planning on getting RE7?

Oh, and if you plan on sticking with the site, you could make an introductory post in the introductions section Smile

Yep. I will definitely be getting it. I'm not good at introductions, but if it's required then I guess I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:45 pm

I remember being really excited for RE6, and I played almost all of it on Christmas Day when I got it and my PS3. It started out really good, and I remember enjoying Leon's campaign a lot. And then it got to the boss fight at the end of that campaign and I remember just being so aggrivated that it stretched on for that long.

That alone probably ruined me on the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?   Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was resident evil 6 this much of a disaster?
Page 1 of 1