Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE game with best enemy design EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE game with best enemy design EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE game with best enemy design EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE game with best enemy design EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE game with best enemy design EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE game with best enemy design

Go down 
+2
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

RE game with best enemy design Empty
PostSubject: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 pm

What do you think is the best RE game enemy design wise? Now, I'm not asking for a singular enemy whose design you would like the best but the overall presentation in one full game, bosses included.

The first three main titles actually had some pretty balanced designs in addition to the regular zombie, dogs and spiders. Each game had the fast and deadly creature (RE1: Hunter Alpha, RE2: Licker, RE3: Hunter Beta), the slow and dangerous (RE1: Neptune, RE2: Ivy, RE3: Hunter Gamma), a special type (RE1: Chimera, RE2: Giant Moth, RE3: Drain Deimos/Brain Sucker) and a unique Tyrant.

Code: Veronica brought a bunch of new and interesting things to the fray, like Albinoid, Bandersnatch, new kinds of spiders and moths, my favorite type of Hunter (Enhanced/Sweeper) and the gigantic bat.

Still, while I do love the designs in those games I must go for RE4 as my favorite in this. It gave us the biggest amount of new enemies we had had with Novistador, Garrador, El Gigante, Regenerator/Iron Maiden, the different types of Ganados and plaga mutations, Dr./Mr. Salvador and Bella Sisters. Even the new dog-type enemy, Colmillos, had a nice twist with its tentacles. Out of the bosses I liked It (U3) and Verdugo the most. The three main villains and Krauser didn't do much for me. Del Lago was a nice change of pace in the gameplay.

It's funny that RE5 is one of my favorite titles in the series but all the new enemies it really gave us were the return of the Licker with the new Beta, Reapers, Executioner and the Uroboros. Everything else was just repeats with the minigun majini being a copypaste from RE4, Majini being just a new kind of Ganado and a slightly different chainsaw guy. They even reused El Gigante, only this time you couldn't move when fighting him. Some bosses were interesting, though, like the weird bat/scorpion thing, U8 and Irving. Let's not forget the epic Wesker fights.

Eh, I think I've rambled enough. I already stated my favorite, now you do the same. Not just main titles, spinoffs are okay too.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:52 pm

RE3, hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:16 pm

I think I may choose RE6. Its a tough decision for sure. But overall RE6 had some badass and creative creature design. Cool new shit like Screamers, Bloodshots and that giant booby monster thing. And I know Mass liked the Whoppers. Plus just all of the C-virus mutations like with the Ju'avo. Oh, and I gotta mention Carla's mutation. She was covered in some white goopy liquid stuff, and her face was in the ships walls. I also really liked the way enemies died. The zombies basically disintegrated into mush, while the Ju'avo disintegrate into flames, problably because of the Veronica virus looked awesome. And they die kinda rag doll, I hope that stays. I always liked the rag doll.deaths in Halo 2.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Let's not forget the epic Wesker fights.

Please.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:56 pm

I loved Resident Evil 4's creature design, especially the Novistador and Regenerators, the two enemies that should have been rehashed in Resident Evil 5, but weren't. The bosses were great too, except for Salazar, Saddler, and Mendez. Pretty much anyone who mutated in front of you. It's also the only game that made the chainsaw scary. Maybe it's the one hit death, but the other games made the chainsaw tedious.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 3:06 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Cool new shit like Screamers, Bloodshots and that giant booby monster thing. And I know Mass liked the Whoppers.
Much more than those boob monsters. Fuck those things. The sickest part is that they are failed attempts at "recreating" Ada. What, they screwed up and went "Oops, added too much boob again".

Btw. I liked the Wesker fights, except the final one. Don't hate.

Vandal wrote:
The bosses were great too, except for Salazar, Saddler, and Mendez.
Oh my yes. I'm happy to see I wasn't the only one who really didn't care much for them.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Vandal wrote:
Oh my yes. I'm happy to see I wasn't the only one who really didn't care much for them.
Mendez did creep me out a bit the first time I fought him.

Anyway,I'd say RER - even though zombies and Ganados are fun to kill (headshots FTW),I never really found them scary,so I was more than happy to find out that RER will have only BOWs.
I liked the Oozes (especially the Standard and Pincer Ooze;the Tricorne not so much) - I found them to be creepy, mainly because of the sound they made (creepy noises tend to get under my skin more than any design).
The other creatures were also cool - the scream of the Sea Creeper made my skin crawl at first; Fenrir had a pretty cool design,especially with those red eyes; the Ghiozzo,aka Jaws, made me wanna stay away from the water at all time. The Hunters were my favorite from the old school BOWs so I'm glad that they were included. Their update,the Farfarello,was also pretty cool. As for the Wall Blister...one hit kills are not fun,but the design was nice. The Aculeozzo was rather silly though,don't you think?
I liked all of the bosses (the Malacoda not that much), particularly the Ultimate Abyss and the Scagdead (damn,that voice).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 am

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Vandal wrote:
Mendez did creep me out a bit the first time I fought him.
He was creepy for sure and out of the three the most interesting. Still, not really much to say about him either.

RER did have some awesome enemies in it. I liked the fact that the regular enemy now was neither a zombie nor a plaga victim, that was a nice change of pace. The game didn't have much boss variety, though. I mean, later on the Scagdead and Draghignazzo became just regular enemies and minibosses. The only true boss fights were the Malacoda and Ultimate Abyss and out of the two Malacoda just felt like fighting an advanced version of Irving's mutation, which in turn was like an underwater version of Salazar's mutation.

I did enjoy the new hunters too. A lot. Hunters are the best and now they are invisible. What did you think of Scarmiglione? I think they were the most interesting and most different addition to the enemy roster.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:05 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The game didn't have much boss variety, though. I mean, later on the Scagdead and Draghignazzo became just regular enemies and minibosses.

I remember that there were two Scagdeads later on,but when did the Draghignazzo appear again?
Mass Distraction wrote:
The only true boss fights were the Malacoda and Ultimate Abyss and out of the two Malacoda just felt like fighting an advanced version of Irving's mutation, which in turn was like an underwater version of Salazar's mutation.
While I liked Malacoda's design,the boss fight wasn't that fun. I liked Irving's boss fight more.
Mass Distraction wrote:
What did you think of Scarmiglione? I think they were the most interesting and most different addition to the enemy roster.
They were pretty tricky to kill at first. And that mouth...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:18 am

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The game didn't have much boss variety, though. I mean, later on the Scagdead and Draghignazzo became just regular enemies and minibosses.

I remember that there were two Scagdeads later on,but when did the Draghignazzo appear again?
Weren't there like mini versions of him later on? In any case, Raid Mode made even the big form of him feel like just another obstacle with all the other regular enemies.

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
What did you think of Scarmiglione? I think they were the most interesting and most different addition to the enemy roster.
Mouth? I think you're thinking of Globster. Scarmiglione was the lance and shield wielding enemy.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:44 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Weren't there like mini versions of him later on? In any case, Raid Mode made even the big form of him feel like just another obstacle with all the other regular enemies.
Yeah,Raid Mode turns a lot of the bosses into mini bosses.
BTW You don't consider Rachel to be a boss? She did appear later on,but still.

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mouth? I think you're thinking of Globster. Scarmiglione was the lance and shield wielding enemy.
I was talking about this mouth:
RE game with best enemy design Scarmiglione_attack
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:52 am

@Wil and Mass, I didnt understand one thing you guys just said.

Honestly, I didnt learn any of REV's enemie names. I did really like Rachel's mutation, FCC Barbie? And I liked that one boss, "Mayday...this is the Queen Zenobia...", well sort of.

And the Wesker fights from RE5 werent completely awful, except for the annoyances of Jill shooting at you and Sheva, and retarded Sheva deaths. Dont even get me started about that fight on Pro.

Back to RER's enemies, is the "Wall Blister" that thing that drops off the wall and chases you down extremely fast and immediately grabs you with its long lanky arms and literally snaps you in half? The new enemy added for the console port.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:17 am

Teh Spike wrote:

And the Wesker fights from RE5 werent completely awful, except for the annoyances of Jill shooting at you and Sheva, and retarded Sheva deaths. Dont even get me started about that fight on Pro.
That reminds me - one time I'm waiting for Wesker, ready with rocket launcher, just behind the corner and I'm watching my map. I saw that the triangle was coming towards me,so I turned,fired the rocket launcher and...killed Jill xD.

Teh Spike wrote:

Back to RER's enemies, is the "Wall Blister" that thing that drops off the wall and chases you down extremely fast and immediately grabs you with its long lanky arms and literally snaps you in half? The new enemy added for the console port.
Yep,that's him.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:52 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah,Raid Mode turns a lot of the bosses into mini bosses.
BTW You don't consider Rachel to be a boss? She did appear later on,but still.
Oh yes, Rechel was a cool boss. She was one of the most terrifying ones too.

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I was talking about this mouth:
RE game with best enemy design Scarmiglione_attack
Oh. Well, I guess I just didn't think much of the mouth. Never really paid attention.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:38 am

Mendez had an awesome mutation. The actual boss fight howevee, was a pain in my ass.

I thought Saddler and Salazar had cool mutations as well. I mean, doesnt RE pretty much always have sweet ass mutations? Name just ONE mutation in RE that wasnt cool, I dare you. I double dog dare you, motherfucker, say "what" one more goddam time! Im glad they're dead and I hope they burn in hell! Thats it! Ive had it with these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:14 am

Epic twist on Sam Jackson line Ft. Spike Reaver.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:33 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Oh. Well, I guess I just didn't think much of the mouth. Never really paid attention.
Normally, I would say the face,but...there's only a mouth... How on earth does that thing see?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 am

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Normally, I would say the face,but...there's only a mouth... How on earth does that thing see?
How does a licker see? Yes, I know it's the hearing but still. Anyway, I checked on RE wiki and it says they are created from sharks. I can't get a clear image of the side of their heads but maybe they have eyes on the sides like a shark does?

I actually never thought about this.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:20 am

Lickers can't see anything, they don't have eyes. Last I heard, I think it was from ORC, they only rely on their hearing.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:25 am

Vandal wrote:
Lickers can't see anything, they don't have eyes. Last I heard, I think it was from ORC, they only rely on their hearing.
Read mah post, I know this. I just replied to a question with a question.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:29 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

How does a licker see? Yes, I know it's the hearing but still. Anyway, I checked on RE wiki and it says they are created from sharks. I can't get a clear image of the side of their heads but maybe they have eyes on the sides like a shark does?

I actually never thought about this.

Than how would that explain the boss from that Hotel scenario from Outbreak 1? George can also be seen saying something on occasion about knowing the woman. A further mutation of the T-Virus in a Zombie? Zombies to Crimosn Heads to Lickers? I dunno where Sharks popped up...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:51 am

PWNERX wrote:
Zombies to Crimosn Heads to Lickers?
I thought that was already a well known fact? Suspendead (the boss fight you mentioned) I think is a human in the middle of mutating into a licker.

Btw. By sharks I didn't mean Lickers, I meant Scarmiglione. Should've worded that better.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Alas, the mystery is solved (kind of) but the first Tyrant you encounter in RE Dead Aim was pretty cool. I called him Big Hands. He was like the Carnage of Tyrants.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Anyway, I checked on RE wiki and it says they are created from sharks.

*shakes head*

As for that Tyrant you encounter on the Spencer Rain in Dead Aim(DA) with the novelty sized hands, it was definitely different. Maybe ill begin calling him "Big Hands". I really liked all of tje "reject" Tyrants. Like that one with its deformed hands or Pluto, who instead of having the perfect body/muscle mass, instead had an explosion of just fat. They werent the perfect Tyrants, or BOWs for that matter, but they were still dangerous and cool. I used to call the base Majini with RPGs in RE5, "Bazooka Joe"! Does anyone else have any "nicknames" they call any enemies or characters from the series? And this question doesnt warrant an entire new thread. In fact, if you make a thread for it, you will contract AIDS.

Also, speaking of Bazooka Joe, it reminds me of his most annoying appearance, in RE5 Mercs Reunion, the Experimental Facility stage with all the lickers and base majini. That level was and IS a biatch! That should ne the next REF contest, record your playthrough of that stage in RE5 Mercs Reunion, and you have to score at least an A Rank to win said contest.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

*shakes head*

As for that Tyrant you encounter on the Spencer Rain in Dead Aim(DA) with the novelty sized hands, it was definitely different. Maybe ill begin calling him "Big Hands". I really liked all of tje "reject" Tyrants. Like that one with its deformed hands or Pluto, who instead of having the perfect body/muscle mass, instead had an explosion of just fat. They werent the perfect Tyrants, or BOWs for that matter, but they were still dangerous and cool. I used to call the base Majini with RPGs in RE5, "Bazooka Joe"! Does anyone else have any "nicknames" they call any enemies or characters from the series? And this question doesnt warrant an entire new thread. In fact, if you make a thread for it, you will contract AIDS.

Also, speaking of Bazooka Joe, it reminds me of his most annoying appearance, in RE5 Mercs Reunion, the Experimental Facility stage with all the lickers and base majini. That level was and IS a biatch! That should ne the next REF contest, record your playthrough of that stage in RE5 Mercs Reunion, and you have to score at least an A Rank to win said contest.

Well, I'd need that DLC first, and second, I consistently beat that stage's candy ass with Battle Suit Jill. Maybe a Barry playthrough will make things easier-I mean harder....
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:35 am

PWNERX wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

*shakes head*

Well, I'd need that DLC first, and second, I consistently beat that stage's candy ass with Battle Suit Jill. Maybe a Barry playthrough will make things easier-I mean harder....

Firstly, get it fool! Dunno which console(s) you own but you can get a copy of RE5 Gold Edition dirt-cheap. Under $20 amd even under 10 buckaroos on Amazon. Even if you're broke as a joke im sure you can dig up the dinero in between couch cushions or make a lemonade stand you lazy bum!

Secondly, I think you underestimate the power of the dark si.....I mean...that Experimental Facility stage, ON Mercs Reunion. Its totally different and uber challenging. Its been awhile since ive done a run on that stage but take it from me, that stage on Reunion will make you work for that A! Which is why id have fun watching that, watching everyone fail. (: I just dont know what the prize could be for winning.. I have an extra copy of Dead Aim for Ps2, without the actual case(You know how that goes). Or maybe Vandal has some ideas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE game with best enemy design   RE game with best enemy design Empty

Back to top Go down

RE game with best enemy design
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next