HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial

Go down 
+6
PWNERX
Nobudy
DampRevil
37 Narwhals
Mass Distraction
MSR
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial Empty
PostSubject: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:40 pm

I just watched the ending to RE5, where Chris and Sheva each shot an RPG missile at Wesker, who was standing in liquid hot magma. Does it look like Wesker squirms his head to the side in order to dodge the rocket, or does it behead him? What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 pm

It looks like his head is blown to bits.

Besides, Capcom confirmed he is dead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Idk I think it looks like his head moves around the missile.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:18 pm

I thought it missed the first time I saw it, but if you look closely...

Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial Wesker10

Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial Wesker11

Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial Wesker12
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Sweet close ups Narwhals, im impressed. So you're for it blows his head to pieces?
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Yes, the missiles did destroy Wesker. It has been confirmed by Capcom several times that Wesker did perish in Resident Evil 5. Something that many people don't know is that Wesker was supposed to be in Resident Evil 6, as stated by the development team for Resident Evil 6. Capcom decided against it however and stated that it would cheapen his death and that nobody would take his character seriously if he was to return from the dead. They went on to say that Jake's whole existence is to carry on the Wesker legacy and be a definite replacement for Albert.

On another note, that's probably why Alex Wesker's character got expanded on in Lost in Nightmares. Capcom knew that Albert wasn't going to return so they introduced Alex to act as a replacement.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:57 pm

The Spike wrote:
Sweet close ups Narwhals, im impressed. So you're for it blows his head to pieces?
Yup, it's strange that the rockets didn't explode until they passed him, but they definitely removed his head.

DampRevil wrote:
Yes, the missiles did destroy Wesker. It has been confirmed by Capcom several times that Wesker did perish in Resident Evil 5. Something that many people don't know is that Wesker was supposed to be in Resident Evil 6, as stated by the development team for Resident Evil 6. Capcom decided against it however and stated that it would cheapen his death and that nobody would take his character seriously if he was to return from the dead. They went on to say that Jake's whole existence is to carry on the Wesker legacy and be a definite replacement for Albert.

On another note, that's probably why Alex Wesker's character got expanded on in Lost in Nightmares. Capcom knew that Albert wasn't going to return so they introduced Alex to act as a replacement.
I saw that video too. I thought the Jake thing was weird, I was like "Did this guy even see LiN? He's acting like we don't already have a Wesker replacement."
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:20 pm

That was weird, I agree. I know Capcom said a while ago that Jake was created to appeal to "younger fans". They probably thought Jake would lure in the Call of Duty fan base  Rolling Eyes. We'll probably see Alex sooner or later, after all he did run away with the key to immortality!
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Even if the rockets didn't take out his head, the explosion would have. Uroborous was weak to fire. And Lava is one of the hottest things you could get in the area.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Well, there ya go folks. Wesker is dead, and I need cake.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:02 am

DampRevil wrote:
That was weird, I agree. I know Capcom said a while ago that Jake was created to appeal to "younger fans".
I'm a young fan,but of all RE characters, in all RE games, he's the one I find least appealing in both personality and design.

On the topic - I'd say he won't be coming back. Well, unless the game's story is before RE5.

BTW At first I thought that while memorable,his death was a bit ridiculous,because of the volcano. But after seeing Alfred and hearing his Alexia voice...everything else started making sense.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Yup, it's strange that the rockets didn't explode until they passed him, but they definitely removed his head.
RPGs are designed primarily to combat armored vehicles, so Wesker's head probably just wasn't hard enough to trigger the detonation. That said, they can also be notoriously unreliable. In Mogadishu in 1993, a US Army Ranger, SPC. Richard Kowalewski, was killed when an RPG projectile punched through the door of the vehicle he was driving and embedded itself in his chest, with no resulting detonation.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 am

Spike is only bringing this up because he doesn't like the fact that Sheva helped turn Wesker into volcano stew. His death was 5 years ago. He's dead. Get over it. There's no way he's coming back from that.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:25 pm

will1234562 wrote:

I'm a young fan,but of all RE characters, in all RE games, he's the one I find least appealing in both personality and design.
I agree. I'm 19, which is a year younger than Jake, and I would have never guessed Jake was 20 years old. Capcom's never been good at designing characters, especially young ones. I guess it doesn't help that Jake's voice actor is 17 years older than him.

Vandal wrote:
Spike is only bringing this up because he doesn't like the fact that Sheva helped turn Wesker into volcano stew. His death was 5 years ago. He's dead. Get over it. There's no way he's coming back from that.
I know a lot of people are upset that Jill didn't kill Wesker, I used to be really upset about that too. Most people probably won't agree, but as long as Chris killed Wesker nothing else should matter. The main relationship was between Chris and Wesker, not Chris, Jill, and Wesker.

I'm actually happy that Wesker died when he did. I liked Wesker as a character and antagonist, but his character was hitting rock bottom. He turned into this typical cliche antagonist that was determined on destroying the world. Even if he survived Resident Evil 5, what would be his purpose after that? To come back in Resident Evil 6 and try to destroy the world? To come back in Resident Evil 7 and try to destroy the world? It would become a very tiring story.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:40 pm

DampRevil wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

I agree. I'm 19, which is a year younger than Jake, and I would have never guessed Jake was 20 years old.
Now that you mentioned it - the first time I saw Jake I thought he was 35+ xD.

DampRevil wrote:

I know a lot of people are upset that Jill didn't kill Wesker, I used to be really upset about that too.
Sheva did feel kind of out of place,but I think that that's because she didn't have enough backstory.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 2:21 pm

Vandal wrote:

That is a typically off point remark.

She is irrelevant to the pertinent topic, which is Wesker and missiles, not whom they were shot by.

Ive seen a lot of heads exploding in RE. Whether that be when im aiming my shotgun up at a zombie's face, or getting awesome headshots in RE5, Wesker head doesnt really look like it's blown to bits, but im not convinced either way. May as well leave it a mystery, like who really shot JFK and who shot Tupac.

@Damp, the fued was.certainly between Chris and Wesker, not Chris/Wesker/Jill. Even still, Chris/Wesker/Jill still makes more sense than Chris/Wesker/Sheva.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:46 pm

will1234562 wrote:

Sheva did feel kind of out of place,but I think that that's because she didn't have enough backstory.

Exactly, Jake doesn't look nor act like he's 20! I agree about Sheva, I don't necessarily think Sheva doesn't have enough backstory, she just don't have enough history with any of the games characters. It's awkward to have Jill in the game, who has 10+ years history with Wesker and Sheva who has only known Wesker for a few hours. To have Sheva kill Wesker, when she has no personal reason to, over Jill didn't quite sit right with most fans.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:26 am

The Spike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

She is irrelevant to the pertinent topic, which is Wesker and missiles, not whom they were shot by.

Ive seen a lot of heads exploding in RE. Whether that be when im aiming my shotgun up at a zombie's face, or getting awesome headshots in RE5, Wesker head doesnt really look like it's blown to bits, but im not convinced either way. May as well leave it a mystery, like who really shot JFK and who shot Tupac.
Just saying, you have a history of bitching about how Sheva doesn't belong, but never about if Wesker is still alive. Of course he's dead. Capcom said he's dead. In fact I quoted Capcom when I said "He's not coming back from that..."

Plus, he wasn't standing in lava, he was chest deep, and both RPGs blew up.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
RPGs are designed primarily to combat armored vehicles, so Wesker's head probably just wasn't hard enough to trigger the detonation. That said, they can also be notoriously unreliable. In Mogadishu in 1993, a US Army Ranger, SPC. Richard Kowalewski, was killed when an RPG projectile punched through the door of the vehicle he was driving and embedded itself in his chest, with no resulting detonation.
Interesting, thanks for the info.
DampRevil wrote:
That was weird, I agree. I know Capcom said a while ago that Jake was created to appeal to "younger fans". They probably thought Jake would lure in the Call of Duty fan base  Rolling Eyes. We'll probably see Alex sooner or later, after all he did run away with the key to immortality!
Makes sense, I kinda felt like he was made for the movie fans.
The Spike wrote:
The second screen shot I posted clearly shows a rocket sticking out of his head, and the next one shows him without a head, what's not convincing about that?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:40 pm

DampRevil wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

Exactly, Jake doesn't look nor act like he's 20! I agree about Sheva, I don't necessarily think Sheva doesn't have enough backstory, she just don't have enough history with any of the games characters. It's awkward to have Jill in the game, who has 10+ years history with Wesker and Sheva who has only known Wesker for a few hours. To have Sheva kill Wesker, when she has no personal reason to, over Jill didn't quite sit right with most fans.
The thing is, a lot of people out there don't "look" their age. If I ever upload a picture of myself here, you probably won't even think I'm 17.

But I do agree with you on Sheva. To date I still wished that Jill had taken her place with the rocket, but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Vandal wrote:
The Spike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Just saying, you have a history of bitching about how Sheva doesn't belong, but never about if Wesker is still alive. Of course he's dead. Capcom said he's dead. In fact I quoted Capcom when I said "He's not coming back from that..."

Plus, he wasn't standing in lava, he was chest deep, and both RPGs blew up.

I never asked if Wesker died in the volcano. I asked if he was beheaded. Try again.

Oh and Wesker was standing in the lava. Just because the lava is up to his abdomen doesnt mean we dont call it standing anymore. He certainly wasn't swimming. Moving onnn...

@Narwhals, thats just how it looks. It doesn't look like his head is blown to peices, it looks to me like his head moved to the side. With superhuman speed he could've seen the RPG coming at his head and could've reacted quickly enough to move his head. He got blown up anyway, but im going with his survival instinct kicking in and him trying to not take an RPG missile to the face.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:01 pm

@37 Narwhals, I have to agree with you on that!

@Nobudy , I agree that a lot of people don't look their age, I mean I certainly don't. It just seems off with Jake. When he was first announced, I thought he was in his mid 30's. The way his voice sounds, the way he acts, and just his overall character doesn't seem quite right for his age. On the topic of Wesker though, I do agree with you. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:51 am

The Spike wrote:
@Narwhals, thats just how it looks. It doesn't look  like his head is blown to peices, it looks to me like his head moved to the side. With superhuman speed he could've seen the RPG coming at his head and could've reacted quickly enough to move his head. He  got blown up anyway, but im going with his survival instinct kicking in and him trying to not take an RPG missile to the face.
Considering his state at that exact moment, I don't think he would have been able to move his head that fast. I mean, we never see him moving just one single part of his body to move at high speeds nor did we ever see him using his super speed after he went high on uroboros.

As for the screenshots, those are just three frames. There might still be something like gibble in there that can't be seen in the screenshots. Oh, and there doesn't seem to be any of the "aura" that was around Albert whenever he used his speed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 am

Yeah, Rockets + Lava + Oroboros Weakness = Prime example of villain death making people frustrated.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 am

His head disappears. It's for animation purposes. If you recall, that sequence is over in seconds. Why would he move his head if he would get blown to bits and consumed by lava anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial   Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial Empty

Back to top Go down

Is The Volcano "Death" Scene Still Controversial
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next