Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why was Jill not in RE6?

Go down 
+13
chocotricks
Shrike
Nobudy
ChrisRedfieldRE156
AWDCP
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Vandal
00biohazard
sirjibbs323
Ghost Leader
RebelliousQueen
Jamesy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:52 am

Vandal wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

They didn't really ruin Chris, but they sure did ruin Leon and Wesker for me.
Yeah, Chris is about the only character that was not entirely ruined in 6.  Still, I am glad Jill didn't come anywhere near that game - which, of course, doesn't mean she won't get tossed into the seventh game which can be worse then 6. Yes, I lost all faith in Capcom. If it wasn't for Revelations which were solid, I wouldn't have even bother with RE and forums such as these. I just want some of the quality back. Some. It's not too much to ask, I hope.
Before, the yellow and blue logo at the beginning of the game would mean you were playing a quality product. Now, it's hard enough for Capcom to decide on a direction in which they want to take their games. They have no focus, and their talent is divided on projects. Even the upmost important projects like DMC and Resident Evil.
Still i wouldn't be that pessimistic, cs one way or the other all that game is missing is horror, otherwise they are making a great game, i think that they can bring the horror back to it, im pretty sure that RE 7 will fit everybodys taste, since they are saying that they will concentrate on basis more then on the new direction. . . though im in more anticipation of RE CG movie then the game, i really wonder what they will do there, i hope that it wont be just another Leon mission . . .
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Yeah, Chris is about the only character that was not entirely ruined in 6.  Still, I am glad Jill didn't come anywhere near that game - which, of course, doesn't mean she won't get tossed into the seventh game which can be worse then 6. Yes, I lost all faith in Capcom. If it wasn't for Revelations which were solid, I wouldn't have even bother with RE and forums such as these. I just want some of the quality back. Some. It's not too much to ask, I hope.
Before, the yellow and blue logo at the beginning of the game would mean you were playing a quality product. Now, it's hard enough for Capcom to decide on a direction in which they want to take their games. They have no focus, and their talent is divided on projects. Even the upmost important projects like DMC and Resident Evil.
Still i wouldn't be that pessimistic, cs one way or the other all that game is missing is horror, otherwise they are making a great game, i think that they can bring the horror back to it, im pretty sure that RE 7 will fit everybodys taste, since they are saying that they will concentrate on basis more then on the new direction. . . though im in more anticipation of RE CG movie then the game, i really wonder what they will do there, i hope that it wont be just another Leon mission  . . .
The hell with everybodys taste! Thats Capcoms problem lately (aside form the fact that everyone who made Capcom what it is, is no longer A part of them) they are trying to appease to all audiences. Fact of the matter is you can't! You can sure as well try but it's going to be half-assed in each possible way. Capcom needs to stop giving A shit about trying to appeal to everyone and just do what they gotta do. This is how you get creative, this is how you change, this is how you be original. People don't know what they want, everyone wants something else. So I think it's time to just to ignore everyone and not be so god damn greedy and just make A quality game. It's just like Vandal said, back in the day when you booted up A game and seen Capcom's logo you knew you were in for A good time. Now it's just as well to keep the receipt in hand and hope for the best
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 am

chocotricks wrote:
ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Still i wouldn't be that pessimistic, cs one way or the other all that game is missing is horror, otherwise they are making a great game, i think that they can bring the horror back to it, im pretty sure that RE 7 will fit everybodys taste, since they are saying that they will concentrate on basis more then on the new direction. . . though im in more anticipation of RE CG movie then the game, i really wonder what they will do there, i hope that it wont be just another Leon mission  . . .
The hell with everybodys taste! Thats Capcoms problem lately (aside form the fact that everyone who made Capcom what it is, is no longer A part of them) they are trying to appease to all audiences. Fact of the matter is you can't! You can sure as well try but it's going to be half-assed in each possible way. Capcom needs to stop giving A shit about trying to appeal to everyone and just do what they gotta do. This is how you get creative, this is how you change, this is how you be original. People don't know what they want, everyone wants something else. So I think it's time to just to ignore everyone and not be so god damn greedy and just make A quality game. It's just like Vandal said, back in the day when you booted up A game and seen Capcom's logo you knew you were in for A good time. Now it's just as well to keep the receipt in hand and hope for the best
I agree. Their spreading themselves thin trying to suit to everyone's tastes.

I mean, DMC was a great game (somewhat) but seriously? Releasing a reboot of a popular franchise that only had FOUR games? And the Resident Evil series have also been on the decline, even though Revelations has put a little more hope in me.

They can do better. I hope.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Well you both are forgetting the fact that Capcom is a huge on profit corporation, for witch money is in the top of the list and the reason of the new direction ever since RE 4 was to expand their audience and thus make more money, so if the say fuck you to everyone and concentrate on old genre they wont make profit that would come close to what they will the other way, so if you think that capcom will ever get back to what it was decade ago then sorry to disappoint you, but you are daydreaming. So by fitting everyones taste they can kill 2 rabbits with one shot(but they must do it properly and not the way it was in RE6), i mean what game misses now is Horror, they must concentrate more on that, so that game actually becomes scary as it used to be and plus they must throw in some puzzles so that gamers will also think and not only "slice and dice", otherwise i see nothing wrong the way game is today with its awesome controls and new generation graphics, story develops brilliantly. I enjoyed RE 6 very much and it was in some parts quite nerve scratching, but agree that Caocom tried too much to please everyone and in doing so they failed in the end.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 1:42 pm

There use to be a time where people outsourced their titles to Capcom. Remember Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap? Damn near perfect game.

Now when they outsource a game, they hand off a multi-million dollar franchise to a lowly company who only did three PSP games and a poorly developed PS3 game, without overseeing the project at all. When Kojima outsourced Metal Gear to Platinum Games, he at least checked up on them to make sure they were coming out with a quality product before releasing it. Slant Six released an unfinished game with no polish and more glitches than Cinnibar Island. And what's worse? They can't go back to developing good in-house games because all the great game producers left Capcom to do their own thing and come back with a flaming vengence, À la The Evil Within, Lolipop Chainsaw, and Mighty No. 9. What do you have left Capcom? A few shitty developers?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Vandal wrote:
There use to be a time where people outsourced their titles to Capcom. Remember Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap? Damn near perfect game.

Now when they outsource a game, they hand off a multi-million dollar franchise to a lowly company who only did three PSP games and a poorly developed PS3 game, without overseeing the project at all. When Kojima outsourced Metal Gear to Platinum Games, he at least checked up on them to make sure they were coming out with a quality product before releasing it. Slant Six released an unfinished game with no polish and more glitches than Cinnibar Island. And what's worse? They can't go back to developing good in-house games because all the great game producers left Capcom to do their own thing and come back with a flaming vengence, À la The Evil Within, Lolipop Chainsaw, and Mighty No. 9. What do you have left Capcom? A few shitty developers?
I remember Minish Cap. It was good.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:58 am

PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I remember Minish Cap. It was good.
Which reminds me...we haven't had a Zelda game in a while...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:25 am

I think I'd rather finally see Barry again, then Jill.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:39 am

White Rock wrote:
I think I'd rather finally see Barry again, then Jill.
You sir, have entered POWERDRIVE.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:39 am

I think I'd rather see Claire again than anyone else Razz 
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 am

ThomVD wrote:
I think I'd rather see Claire again than anyone else Razz
Thumbs up to this! I strongly agree to you bro. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:11 am

I'd like to see Jill, Claire and Barry make a return to the RE series.

I think it was arrogance that kept Jill from returning for RE 6. As shooter games began to rise, and intelligence fall, Capcom most likely saw how big the sales were for 4 & 5 and decided to give us more of the same. "Oh, the Chris and Leon games made us so much money, why not give 'em more of the same? That way we'll get more money! They won't complain. After all, we know best."
Back to top Go down
wazthatme
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
wazthatme

Steam : wazthatme

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:34 pm

I 2nd that Tyrant. It seems they don't really care about the player anymore. They make it easier and easier to play and sell C grade games just to make the money and its not just RE.

But on the topic of why Jill wasn't in 6. Didn't make since to me. I mean after serving the bad guys for a few years you would think she would want to kick A$$. I would love to play as Jill, Claire, or Barry.TBH I would love to play as Wesker if not as a full game maybe as a DLC or unlock after you beat the game like in RE4 when you could play as Ada.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 pm

wazthatme wrote:
I 2nd that Tyrant. It seems they don't really care about the player anymore. They make it easier and easier to play and sell C grade games just to make the money and its not just RE.

But on the topic of why Jill wasn't in 6. Didn't make since to me. I mean after serving the bad guys for a few years you would think she would want to kick A$$. I would love to play as Jill, Claire, or Barry.TBH I would love to play as Wesker if not as a full game maybe as a DLC or unlock after you beat the game like in RE4 when you could play as Ada.
I was hoping for Jill to have at least had a cameo in Chris's post credit scene. That would've gone some way to satisfying me. Not all the way. Just some.

I'd even love a change in the RE animated films. No Leon in the next one. Claire, Jill and Barry. Set it during RE 6 and show what happened to the three of them during the game.
Back to top Go down
wazthatme
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
wazthatme

Steam : wazthatme

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:15 pm

That would be sick
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:32 pm

wazthatme wrote:
That would be sick
A chance to give some of the other RE greats a time to shine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why was Jill not in RE6?   Why was Jill not in RE6? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why was Jill not in RE6?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2