Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Views on RE5!

Go down 
+11
Juzie
treecko1111
toddx77
37 Narwhals
Mass Distraction
Industrial Ridden
Vandal
Ssplain
Shrike
Nobudy
Jamesy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Views on RE5! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 am

Jamesy wrote:
Although people say that RE4's plot was cheesy.... well that simplistic storyline made it an entertaining experience.
Do reviewers say that? I preferred when a story is simple like RE4, it's to the point and doesn't perfectly weaves exposition and narrative into the gameplay.

Unlike Resident Evil 6, where it's like a multi-personality disorder patient wrote a 30 hour long screenplay for a puppet show based on a crappy anime. You get lost too easily, there's too many dangling loose ends, and it's filled with more plot holes like a hooker in Whitechapple 1888.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Vandal wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Although people say that RE4's plot was cheesy.... well that simplistic storyline made it an entertaining experience.
Do reviewers say that? I preferred when a story is simple like RE4, it's to the point and doesn't perfectly weaves exposition and narrative into the gameplay.

Unlike Resident Evil 6, where it's like a multi-personality disorder patient wrote a 30 hour long screenplay for a puppet show based on a crappy anime. You get lost too easily, there's too many dangling loose ends, and it's filled with more plot holes like a hooker in Whitechapple 1888.

RE 6 had way to much junk in it
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:04 pm

The game and story are still enjoyable, but to put the story in simpler terms, It's all Ada's fault.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:28 pm

I blame Wesker for the bad plot of RE6. If he wouldn't have gone and gotten himself blown up in a lava pit, we may have had a decent plot...
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I blame Wesker for the bad plot of RE6. If he wouldn't have gone and gotten himself blown up in a lava pit, we may have had a decent plot...
True, but considering what he was going o do, he would have to be killed then and there. I couldn't imagine 6 billion cries and scream of terror.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
True, but considering what he was going o do, he would have to be killed then and there. I couldn't imagine 6 billion cries and scream of terror.

Hah! Could you imagine? Uroburos takes over the planet... The only chance for redemptions lies in the hands, and tentacles, of Lisa Trevor!

Okay, okay. Maybe it is a good thing Wesker went and got himself blown up in a lava pit...
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:09 pm

And Nemesis' "face rape tentacle".
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Shrike wrote:
I swear, if anybody could explain the plot of RE6 to me, and make some sense of it along the way, I'd shower him with riches and bitches.

The plot makes sense, it's just incredibly stupid.

Wall of Text:

tldr version: My sarcasm isn't funny, Carla and Simmons are both morons, and Capcom's writers are almost as bad as Paul Anderson.

I just noticed that Jake and Ada's campaigns are mostly pointless
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Lol very nice. ^ Looks like it's time to "pony up the dough" Shrike tongue
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:32 pm

In other words, It's all Ada's fault.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:47 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Wall of Text:
Views on RE5! - Page 3 Slow-clap-gif-2
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 am

Ssplain wrote:

We had Wesker junior though?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

We had Wesker junior though?

Wesker Jr will never fill his father's shoes!
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

Playstation Network supermanx77

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 pm

I did not really like 5 as a Resident Evil game. The game was not scary at all, the plot wasn't that great, and co op killed it. Back when I was a kid playing Resident Evil 2 I always wished the game would have co op or some type of MP though, guess be careful what you wish for lol. Another thing I really didn't like about with RE5 was from the trailer alone you pretty much everything. You knew Wesker was behind everything, why he did it, and it seemed to lack that thing that makes a Resident Evil game a Resident Evil game. It just didn't have that feel you get from 0-4 and CV. I thought 4 was better because you were alone most of the time and I don't count Ashley as someone equal to Sheva because Ashley can't fight and gets in the way to it kind of ads to the fear. Also in 4 it had that creepy atmosphere to it plus you really had no idea what was going on. You didn't know why the people in the village were infected, what infected them, and who was behind it. With 5 you kind of knew before the game even game out.

I am currently playing 6, finished Leons story and currently playing Chris's story. I have to say I like it a lot better then 5. I don't see where all the hate is coming from, but I just got it last for PC so naturally I am playing the game with all the fixes Capcom made. So far I found 6 to be much more scary then 5, at least on Leons story, but I don't like how the story seemed to be too far in when the game starts. However I do like that 4 different character story modes you get to play as. I will say 5 is much much much better then Operation Raccoon City though lol.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 8:26 pm

toddx77 wrote:
I did not really like 5 as a Resident Evil game.  The game was not scary at all, the plot wasn't that great, and co op killed it.  Back when I was a kid playing Resident Evil 2 I always wished the game would have co op or some type of MP though, guess be careful what you wish for lol.  Another thing I really didn't like about with RE5 was from the trailer alone you pretty much everything.  You knew Wesker was behind everything, why he did it, and it seemed to lack that thing that makes a Resident Evil game a Resident Evil game.  It just didn't have that feel you get from 0-4 and CV.  I thought 4 was better because you were alone most of the time and I don't count Ashley as someone equal to Sheva because Ashley can't fight and gets in the way to it kind of ads to the fear.  Also in 4 it had that creepy atmosphere to it plus you really had no idea what was going on.  You didn't know why the people in the village were infected, what infected them, and who was behind it. With 5 you kind of knew before the game even game out.

I am currently playing 6, finished Leons story and currently playing Chris's story.  I have to say I like it a lot better then 5.  I don't see where all the hate is coming from, but I just got it last for PC so naturally I am playing the game with all the fixes Capcom made.  So far I found 6 to be much more scary then 5, at least on Leons story, but I don't like how the story seemed to be too far in when the game starts. However I do like that 4 different character story modes you get to play as.  I will say 5 is much much much better then Operation Raccoon City though lol.
Since when were the RE games scary? Ok maybe the first two playthroughs during REmake. But that's about it. Though in-universe, the reason 5 wasn't as "horror" like was because you're jumping into an outbreak prepared to fight rather than unknowingly entering an outbreak unprepared. If you watched Viral Campaign, you could see that Chris had nightmares about his time in Kijuju. I don't blame him. Fighting against an enhanced Las Plagas plus Wesker is pretty scary. Though it's not good to compare the new stuff to the old stuff. It's like comparing yourself from 17 years ago with yourself now. Big differences.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:03 pm

A lot of people say the RE games were scary ever since the first one they played. That is unless they started with 5. I know I was scared playing 2, 3, CVX, 4, and in some points on what I have played so far in Revelations. Heck I even remember getting scared a few times in Outbreak. I have a friend who would not play RE3 anymore once he found out Nemesis could follow you through doors. Each person scares differently though.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Ssplain wrote:
A lot of people say the RE games were scary ever since the first one they played. That is unless they started with 5. I know I was scared playing 2, 3, CVX, 4, and in some points on what I have played so far in Revelations. Heck I even remember getting scared a few times in Outbreak. I have a friend who would not play RE3 anymore once he found out Nemesis could follow you through doors. Each person scares differently though.
True. Since I first started the series when I was 13, it might explain why I don't find them scary.
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Nobudy wrote:

Since when were the RE games scary? Ok maybe the first two playthroughs during REmake. But that's about it. Though in-universe, the reason 5 wasn't as "horror" like was because you're jumping into an outbreak prepared to fight rather than unknowingly entering an outbreak unprepared. If you watched Viral Campaign, you could see that Chris had nightmares about his time in Kijuju. I don't blame him. Fighting against an enhanced Las Plagas plus Wesker is pretty scary. Though it's not good to compare the new stuff to the old stuff. It's like comparing yourself from 17 years ago with yourself now. Big differences.

I found all main games scary until I played 5. Granted I didn't find 4 as scary as 0-CV but still scary. Granted I was 12 when I started playing Resident Evil 2 and now I am 25 so that is probably a factor, but as I always said, having a lot of ammo, a partner, over the shoulder camera angle, quick time events to save you, and constant action around you it is kind of hard to be scared. Just think about it for a second. Imagine if the remake was over the shoulder like 5, Chris and Rebecca or Jill and Barry were always together, and you had a lot more ammo. Ya it would still be a scary game, I think Lost in Nightmares kind of proved that, but would it be as scary as it normally is? Like Ssplain said though everyone scares different. To this day I am still afraid of Lisa Trevor and her parts of the game are difficult for me to try and get through.

As for the whole thing with 5 being about going into an outbreak prepared I understand what Capcom was trying to do, but I felt like they could have done better or at least explained a bit more. I felt 6 did it a little bit better, but maybe that is just me. As for comparing yourself now and from 17 years ago your right it would be big differences. That nostalgia factor is one thing when looking at past Resident Evil games
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:15 am

toddx77 wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

I found all main games scary until I played 5.  Granted I didn't find 4 as scary as 0-CV but still scary.  Granted I was 12 when I started playing Resident Evil 2 and now I am 25 so that is probably a factor, but as I always said, having a lot of ammo, a partner, over the shoulder camera angle, quick time events to save you, and constant action around you it is kind of hard to be scared.  Just think about it for a second. Imagine if the remake was over the shoulder like 5, Chris and Rebecca or Jill and Barry were always together, and you had a lot more ammo.  Ya it would still be a scary game, I think Lost in Nightmares kind of proved that, but would it be as scary as it normally is?  Like Ssplain said though everyone scares different.  To this day I am still afraid of Lisa Trevor and her parts of the game are difficult for me to try and get through.  

As for the whole thing with 5 being about going into an outbreak prepared I understand what Capcom was trying to do, but I felt like they could have done better or at least explained a bit more.  I felt 6 did it a little bit better, but maybe that is just me.  As for comparing yourself now and from 17 years ago your right it would be big differences.  That nostalgia factor is one thing when looking at past Resident Evil games
QTEs to save you? Ha I wish. One thing Gamespot complained about was QTEs. I use them as free reflex tests. But it was about time was got a proper dodge roll without having to do a QTE. As for the camera, that shouldn't be the thing that adds "horror" into a game. I don't have too much of a problem with it, but I found it annoying how you can't see the enemies right in front of you sometimes due to the camera forcing me to rely on auto-aim. Though if I went through these scenarios in real-life, I'd be terrified. To this day, I still wonder why Alpha and Bravo idiotically split up even though they were up against something they had no idea of. As for 5 preparing you for an outbreak, I think the B.S.A.A being the anti-B.O.W army is explanation enough.
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:30 am

Nobudy wrote:

QTEs to save you? Ha I wish. One thing Gamespot complained about was QTEs. I use them as free reflex tests. But it was about time was got a proper dodge roll without having to do a QTE. As for the camera, that shouldn't be the thing that adds "horror" into a game. I don't have too much of a problem with it, but I found it annoying how you can't see the enemies right in front of you sometimes due to the camera forcing me to rely on auto-aim. Though if I went through these scenarios in real-life, I'd be terrified. To this day, I still wonder why Alpha and Bravo idiotically split up even though they were up against something they had no idea of. As for 5 preparing you for an outbreak, I think the B.S.A.A being the anti-B.O.W army is explanation enough.

Well by QTE saving you I mean how if you get attacked you can do one to take less damage. Like how in the hold game if a zombie or BOW got ahold of you then usually you would have to take the damage and let them attack you unlike now you can usually do a QTE and get them off you. Maybe it is nothing but for me it makes things a little less scary because if a BOW attacks me I know QTE could help me a bit and maybe do damage. As for QTE in general I totally agreed with Gamespot in their review on that. Leon had way too many QTE in his story, but at least Chris has less. Camera wise I have always felt the fixed camera angle added to the fear of Resident Evil. Dead Space 1 was plenty scary with the over the shoulder camera though so maybe I am just doing that thing again where I am comparing current RE games to the past to much lol. As for why Alpha and Bravo split up, I would chalk it up to Resident Evil logic. Just like how on Jill's story her, Chris, Wesker, and Barry run into the mansion together but Chris is not there lol.

Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:56 am

toddx77 wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Well by QTE saving you I mean how if you get attacked you can do one to take less damage.  Like how in the hold game if a zombie or BOW got ahold of you then usually you would have to take the damage and let them attack you unlike now you can usually do a QTE and get them off you.  Maybe it is nothing but for me it makes things a little less scary because if a BOW attacks me I know QTE could help me a bit and maybe do damage.  As for QTE in general I totally agreed with Gamespot in their review on that.  Leon had way too many QTE in his story, but at least Chris has less.  Camera wise I have always felt the fixed camera angle added to the fear of Resident Evil.  Dead Space 1 was plenty scary with the over the shoulder camera though so maybe I am just doing that thing again where I am comparing current RE games to the past to much lol.    As for why Alpha and Bravo split up, I would chalk it up to Resident Evil logic.  Just like how on Jill's story her, Chris, Wesker, and Barry run into the mansion together but Chris is not there lol.

True for the QTEs, but realistically we should have been given the ability to at least dodge/break the grip before taking damage (like in 3 and rarely code veronica) since zombies don't appear to be stronger than the average human. So I always wondered how and why exactly they would let themselves get bitten (except in REmake where you had defense items.)
Back to top Go down
treecko1111
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
treecko1111

Steam : treecko1111

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Resident Evil 5 was good from my point of view, not the best, though. It had too many areas where it became an on-rails-shooter, such as Chapter 1-3, and if I'm remembering correctly, Chapter 2-1 and Chapter 3-4(only played through the game once so far). I've personally had enough of the Chronicles type of gameplay. Other aspects were really good, though.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Ah the dreaded gun turret segment. Imagine how fast the chapter would have gone if we could use our regular weapons.
Back to top Go down
Juzie
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Juzie

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:08 am

My least fav numbered Res Evil. Boring characters and the plot felt like a bunch of old Res Evil stories mixed together and put into a new location/made up a new virus. The gameplay was fun for the most part but was just a direct copy of RE4 for the most part and everything they changed was for the worst... and singleplayer was a nightmare.

6.5/10 Not terrible but certainly nothing I would recommend to anyone. Really the redeeming factor is that the gameplay was almost indentical to 4. Which was a fun game.. anything new they added to 5 sucked big time though.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:08 am

The virus wasn't exactly new. It came from the Progenitor Virus just like the T-Virus. The gameplay being similar to 4 is like how 0-CV were the same gameplay with different small/medium features yet no one had a problem with that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Views on RE5!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next