HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?

Go down 
+15
RebelliousQueen
TyrantSteve
Ssplain
Nobudy
Ghost Leader
Terra420
PWNERX
Shrike
Mass Distraction
Mcghie
Vandal
MSR
PAULSAMSON
RaviorStygian
Sargent D
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:44 am

Wouldn't like a city, that much I can tell. RE6 just killed it completely. Even ORC had better zombies, and I hate ORC.

That being said, just like you guys mentioned, I hate enemies that use AK-47 and other projectile weapons. That's just fucking horrible.

Also don't want a new virus in every goddamn RE game. This is just a moronic Japanese trend that makes me want to smash shit. RE1 T, RE2 G, RE3 is the only one that doesn't have a new virus, and that's why I praise it to heavens. RECV T-Veronica, RE4 Plaga (that was random as fuck, I thought RE was about viruses not about parasites, that was really stupid too), RE5 new Plaga and Uroboros, RE6 C, RER T-Abyss. Just... Jesus fucking Christ. They could have done lots of things with just T and G. But nothing is bad as C virus. That shit spreads through fucking air, and then, for example, everyone gets infected, but Leon is magically immune to that. What the fuck Capcom, what the fuck...

That said, I want zombies, real ones, not plaga infested people. And I don't want hordes of enemies just coming strait at me. RER did fine in that department, although as I already said in Pros and Cons or RER thread, I hate the parts with using infinite machine guns mounted on helicopter/boat. Just terrible. Don't know anyone who finds that fun.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 am

Not a mall, not another friggen cruise ship. Cruises are officially BANNED from Resident Evil...unless capcom can make it fresh.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 am

Shrike wrote:
Also don't want a new virus in every goddamn RE game. This is just a moronic Japanese trend that makes me want to smash shit. RE1 T, RE2 G, RE3 is the only one that doesn't have a new virus, and that's why I praise it to heavens. RECV T-Veronica, RE4 Plaga (that was random as fuck, I thought RE was about viruses not about parasites, that was really stupid too), RE5 new Plaga and Uroboros, RE6 C, RER T-Abyss. Just... Jesus fucking Christ. They could have done lots of things with just T and G. But nothing is bad as C virus. That shit spreads through fucking air, and then, for example, everyone gets infected, but Leon is magically immune to that. What the fuck Capcom, what the fuck...
Yes!! Thanks for mentioning that I almost forgot about that. I really don't see their need in making all the new viruses either. I guess for every new RE game they will just keep going all over the alphabet getting letters for their new viruses...or adding words to the end of already existing ones such as "T-Abyss Virus". They should just call the new one "T-Anal Virus" because that's where Capcom should shove it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Sargent D wrote:

Yes!! Thanks for mentioning that I almost forgot about that. I really don't see their need in making all the new viruses either. I guess for every new RE game they will just keep going all over the alphabet getting letters for their new viruses...or adding words to the end of already existing ones such as "T-Abyss Virus". They should just call the new one "T-Anal Virus" because that's where Capcom should shove it.

It's just standard Japenes bull. They love it for some reason. RE storyline generally went downhill ever since CV. It became like an anime, whereas it was a bit more realistic in 1, 2 and 3 and it held grim survival most of the time (aside from the Hey, it's up to us to take down Umbrella! stupid comments, but dialogue was always terrible in RE, we all know that). And thus, the virus trend extended as well. As I said, standard Japanese procedure.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:58 pm

That whole grim survival was what made the series what it is and not they just seem to dismiss that and now instead we're stuck with this bio-terrorist shit. I guess viral accidents don't cut it anymore. lol
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Shrike wrote:
Sargent D wrote:

It's just standard Japenes bull. They love it for some reason. RE storyline generally went downhill ever since CV. It became like an anime, whereas it was a bit more realistic in 1, 2 and 3 and it held grim survival most of the time (aside from the Hey, it's up to us to take down Umbrella! stupid comments, but dialogue was always terrible in RE, we all know that). And thus, the virus trend extended as well. As I said, standard Japanese procedure.
RE6's plot basically is an anime plot. The style of writing and the multiple stories going on at once? Anime.

Although, I didn't feel RE4 and 5 had plots like that. Too much. Especially RE4. I really liked them, at least.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Sargent D wrote:

RE6's plot basically is an anime plot. The style of writing and the multiple stories going on at once? Anime.

Although, I didn't feel RE4 and 5 had plots like that. Too much. Especially RE4. I really liked them, at least.
Resident Evil 4's story was simple and sweet. It wasn't trying to get all caught up in Umbrella's business, it was the first story to really depart from 1998, and I'm glad of it too. It was a great way to introduce a lit of new fans to the series. I certainly wouldn't be here without it. I didn't have to beat RE1-CVX to understand everything. It's self contained.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Sargent D wrote:
That whole grim survival was what made the series what it is and not they just seem to dismiss that and now instead we're stuck with this bio-terrorist shit. I guess viral accidents don't cut it anymore. lol

The problem is that Capcom moved too fast to expand the story, and now they can't contaminate it (pun intended) so we get crap like RE6 who is all over the place.

RaviorStygian wrote:

Really? CV even had an anime style of writing, let alone 4 5 and 6. Not to say that they weren't fun, but for me fun=/=quality in many aspects. For example I find Leon in 4 funny even though the dialogue is so laughable that a kid could write it. Would I consider it good though? Definitely not. It was beyond shit level.

Vandal wrote:
Resident Evil 4's story was simple and sweet. It wasn't trying to get all caught up in Umbrella's business, it was the first story to really depart from 1998, and I'm glad of it too. It was a great way to introduce a lit of new fans to the series. I certainly wouldn't be here without it. I didn't have to beat RE1-CVX to understand everything. It's self contained.

It was the worst RE story to date. As I said above, it IS fun though. And I could argue that you getting a fresh story in fourth installment of the series is pretty bad if the previous storyline worked. I could post a very long text of why RE4's story has almost nothing good and has a million fallacies, but that won't be necessary, I am sure.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Shrike wrote:
It was the worst RE story to date. As I said above, it IS fun though. And I could argue that you getting a fresh story in fourth installment of the series is pretty bad if the previous storyline worked. I could post a very long text of why RE4's story has almost nothing good and has a million fallacies, but that won't be necessary, I am sure.
No, it wouldn't, because I would still like it regardless.

I agree with Merc-Vandal (sorry). RE4 is what got me into the franchise. The plot isn't really the biggest reason for it (it was intrigue on what the heck was up with Wesker) but it was a plot that I had a blast with anyway. It was a great example of not letting the plot interfere with gameplay. Does Ashely get kidnapped a lot? Yes, and it's pretty stupid for the plot (or, at least it would be if the game wasn't so fun). However for gameplay, this means that huge chunks of the game don't have her following you around. But you still get to have segments with her where you have to protect her masochistic AI, which brings tension (actually I'm kidding it's pretty obnoxious). Whatever the case may be, I just can't find myself disliking RE4 too much. I'm an RE4 fanboy through and through, just minus all of the stereotypical closed-mindedness that most fanboys have but shouldn't have.

You know what I think is the only glaringly bad thing about RE4? The frustration of getting a 5-star ranking with Leon on Waterworld. That's . . . yup, that's really about it. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Worst storyline? Maybe, but I like what Ravior said—and it's not because we play Resident Evil on xbox live and share a lot in common when it comes to it—but the plot for Resident Evil was getting out of hand. The fact that this game departed from it was a step in the right direction, after all, I didn't care about the story, the story wasn't what made the game memorable for me. It was the experience and the emotions evoked from each stage. The boss battles were the greatest most thrilling boss battles I've ever experienced, whether it was holding out long enough for an elevator to start working, or navigating from cage to cage while being stalked. I have never been so scared in my life back eight years ago.

Also, I feel like I'm the only one really excited about The Evil Within.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Vandal wrote:
You're not alone, I am as well. I have a lot of high hopes for it and from what has been shown so far, it looks like it will deliver a well needed return to a more "classical" style of survival horror game.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Vandal wrote:
Worst storyline? Maybe,
Eh, I wouldn't say that. Just the most uneventful. Razz

Vandal wrote:
but I like what Ravior said—and it's not because we play Resident Evil on xbox live and share a lot in common when it comes to it—but the plot for Resident Evil was getting out of hand. The fact that this game departed from it was a step in the right direction, after all, I didn't care about the story, the story wasn't what made the game memorable for me. It was the experience and the emotions evoked from each stage. The boss battles were the greatest most thrilling boss battles I've ever experienced, whether it was holding out long enough for an elevator to start working, or navigating from cage to cage while being stalked. I have never been so scared in my life back eight years ago.
Boo yah! Totally agree on the boss battle thing. Hands down, RE4 has the best and some of the most memorable boss fights. It feels like most of the time they were designed in mind for the control scheme. Even the kind of annoying ones like Del Lago are still memorable and leave a good impact. Basically everything in the game gives off the feeling of passion and just overall great thinking. RE4 is like the MVP player of a sports team, it just does everything with excellence and even though there was a lot of work put into it, it's like it was "born" to be a great game.

Vandal wrote:
Just looked at some screen shots. Looks pretty good!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Shrike, RE's dialogue is perfect exactly as it is. I wouldn't have it any other way. Would you?

And yes, RE4 had some of the best boss battles, boss presentation, and the story was really fun. RE4 is another game that gets tons of undeserved hate. Although nowadays RE6 seems to garner most of it. And most of it is deserved, but the good stuff does still get overlooked.

Like I have said, Capcom is stuck between a rock and hard place trying to please BOTH us fans and the other gamers. They can't please everyone, and when they try they will fall on their ass. That is what happened with RE6. So many positive aspects, but oh so many negative aspects. In the end everyone hated it. Razz
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
In the end everyone hated it. Razz
I'll never hate it, but I do admit my admiration for the game has gone down a bit. It's still a good game in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Oh, no. Don't misunderstand. While I am stating that RE4's story is shit tier, gameplay is superb. Actually, I prefer 4 to 5 and 6 easily (of course I will prefer it to 6 though). Out of the new shooter RE generation, 4 is the best. It had great gameplay (5 had even better but some other things were worse), excellent stages, good weapons and awesome inventory. Upgrading your items was fun, and it wasn't really so in 5. No matter how much I dislike the shooter approach, RE4 is an amazing game.

@Spike: Well, honestly, I WOULD like to get a bit different approach with the dialogue. This way the story will never really move no matter what new virus emerges out there. Characters will just keep saying dumb shit like "Doesn't matter what it means! We have to stop it!" etc. Remake did well, for example (for a RE game that is). I don't expect it to be Dostoevsky, but I expect at least a bit more sense than a random B movie.

Edit: And I am totally hot for the Evil Within, too.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Shrike wrote:
B movie.
But that's exactly what Resident Evil is supposed to be like! Razz
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Shrike wrote:
B movie.
But that's exactly what Resident Evil is supposed to be like! Razz

Exactly, it's part of RE's charm. Elsewhere people hate on the dialogue because the translators translated slightly different from what the original Jap text says. Shut up. Official English Transcripts FTW!

Come on Shrike, you know you love the dialogue, it's not overtly bad and laughable as it was in RE1, it's just fine. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Terra420
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Terra420

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 pm

The next Resident Evil should take place at the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu in the Peruvian Rainforest, and have that place just crawlin' with Hunter Gammas. Oh and puzzles, lots, and lots of puzzles. And Wekser, and Barry... and Claire, and Chris, and Jill... and I guess Leon... But mostly Barry.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:46 am

Terra420 wrote:
The next Resident Evil should take place at the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu in the Peruvian Rainforest, and have that place just crawlin' with Hunter Gammas. Oh and puzzles, lots, and lots of puzzles. And Wekser, and Barry... and Claire, and Chris, and Jill... and I guess Leon... But mostly Barry.

...Wesker's dead, but yes, Barry.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike, what happened to your idea of Jill in Egypt, going through a pyramid?

I would still like that. We don't need them traveling all over the globe in the RE games though. And we don't need several different intersecting Tarantino campaigns either.

They could go the Portal 2 route and give us the single player experience, and have the other be the co-op game so you can play with your friends. Maybe we can have one be Egypt and the other Japan.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Another one I would like would be dark woods. The game is nighttime until the very end with the helicopter and explosion.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Another one I would like would be dark woods. The game is nighttime until the very end with the helicopter and explosion.
I am totally with you on that. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 Shocked-meme-face-i7

That actually seems plausible.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
In the end everyone hated it. Razz
I'll never hate it, but I do admit my admiration for the game has gone down a bit. It's still a good game in my opinion.
Me neither, the games still fun for me. There's not much I would say I'd hate about it.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike, what happened to your idea of Jill in Egypt, going through a pyramid?

I would still like that. We don't need them traveling all over the globe in the RE games though. And we don't need several different intersecting Tarantino campaigns either.

They could go the Portal 2 route and give us the single player experience, and have the other be the co-op game so you can play with your friends. Maybe we can have one be Egypt and the other Japan.
Ah yes, now were talking! That would be pretty dank. The storylines dont even need to intercept, they could just happen simultaneously with only some minor mentions, like a news piece on tv, to each other.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Afghanistan.
That's way too obvious for RE standards Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next