Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Am I the only that thinks........

Go down 
+10
White Rock
Nobudy
00biohazard
Shrike
NiteKrawler
Ghost Leader
Industrial Ridden
Limey
Mcghie
chrisredfielmusculo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

Am I the only that thinks........ Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 am

That resident evil 5 should have been similar to resident evil 4?
I feel that The game could have been much better

think about it in resident evil 4 Leon was left all alone in a creepy village
the only person that was with him was a useless teen girl
this made things so much more intense
The game was obviously set in a much darker atmosphere

I Mean Chris is in Africa for God's sake
wouldn't you like to explore the Savana at night time
without anyone having your back?

Just a random taught i feel that if the game followed a similar
model of the likes of resident evil 4 it would have been much better
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:27 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:

The game was basically the same as RE4, that's the reason for it's down fall.
Instead of going on it's own direction they thought they could just refresh RE4.
If RE5 where to have stayed the same as it's earlier beta then it would have been beyond lovable.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 am

An expansive desert, repetitively disorienting like the ocean, as the total antithesis, almost existentialist, to the typically confined, expressionist surroundings? With creatures bursting out the floor unpredictably, monsters masquerading as heaps of the ordinarily innocuous dunes, sandstorms obfuscating sight dynamically to cause tension, and mirages of a certain feared enemy to cause panic as there's no direction to flee or objection to hide inside?

Sounds intense as a rainforest: swamps impeding movement, dense trees narrowing view distance and underbushes blocking pathways as enemies swarm behind whilst you cut those vines with a machete to escape.

Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:31 am

Yeah the beta version that's what I mean
when he is all alone
they could have explored Africa much better

Limey wrote:
An expansive desert, repetitively disorienting like the ocean, as the total antithesis, almost existentialist, to the typically confined, expressionist surroundings? With creatures bursting out the floor unpredictably, monsters masquerading as heaps of the ordinarily innocuous dunes, sandstorms obfuscating sight dynamically to cause tension, and mirages of a certain feared enemy to cause panic as there's no direction to flee or objection to hide inside?

Sounds intense as a rainforest: swamps impeding movement, dense trees narrowing view distance and underbushes blocking pathways as enemies swarm behind whilst you cut those vines with a machete to escape.

yap

its night time and Chris is all alone in the savana
not knowing what lies ahead

They should have also included a sistem when you have to drink
water for your character not to die of thirst
that would have been cool
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 am

Limey wrote:

yap

its night time and Chris is all alone in the savana
not knowing what lies ahead

They should have also included a sistem when you have to drink
water for your character not to die of thirst
that would have been cool
Hmm, the whole idea actually reminds me of Resident Evil 3.5: Fog Version and this has me realize: They were trying to move towards more psychological and less action, but they reverted to more action and less psychological?
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 am

The game would have been much better without a partner for Chris. And yeah, there isn't much night in this game either, which is kinda irritating, it's my favorite time of day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:44 am

Yeah I know what you mean I am starting to think
I am one of the few people that disliked co
open since a lot of people seem to love it

To be honest I really disliked re6
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:13 pm

when he is all alone
But he wasn't all alone in the beta version either. Sheva was always intended to be his partner, the belief that she was included because ZOMG RACISM is a myth, one that even I believed once. What we were likely seeing was test footage prior to the inclusion of the partner character and co-op elements.

There's a topic around here that went into detail about RE4.5, but I don't know which one.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 pm

What the hell Musculo? You know better than to double post. N00b.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 pm

I just think that the whole co op thing makes the horror non-existent. I didn't like it in 5, and I didn't like it in 6. Where's the feeling of isolation?
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 3:13 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Lewl my bad, didn't even notice

On topic
a game that was a mix of resident evil 4
and revelations would be top tier

Also fuck you capcom
make a decent main title,this isnt
Call of duty,it won't be long until we see flying zombies
that can shoot lasers out of their eyes
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 5:12 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

On topic

Also fuck you capcom

Well it makes sense for there to be smarter undead enemies. As the technology advances, it would make sense for them to get smarter. Imagine how boring it would be if we were killing zombies with futuristic weapons and tanks. It would be way to easy.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
when he is all alone
But he wasn't all alone in the beta version either. Sheva was always intended to be his partner, the belief that she was included because ZOMG RACISM is a myth, one that even I believed once. What we were likely seeing was test footage prior to the inclusion of the partner character and co-op elements.

There's a topic around here that went into detail about RE4.5, but I don't know which one.

yeah but wasn't she going to appear later on, and helping alongside chris a certain amount of the game? like drop in and out, sort of like what barry was going to do. He was supposed to explore the whole ancient ruins section, alone.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Perhaps their solution should be less linear levels and more open-ended instances as the Mansion was, facilitating separation for efficiently completing tasks and/or expanding a search. In my opinion, for Co-Op to be awesome as an idea, it must be optional, especially with how many people envisage Resident Evil in essence.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:58 pm

think about it in resident evil 4 Leon was left all alone in a creepy village
the only person that was with him was a useless teen girl
this made things so much more intense
The game was obviously set in a much darker atmosphere

I Mean Chris is in Africa for God's sake
wouldn't you like to explore the Savanna at night time
without anyone having your back?

Just a random taught i feel that if the game followed a similar
model of the likes of resident evil 4 it would have been much better
Think about it. I know this is just a video game, but realistically; would you go to a foreign land all alone with no guide? If you know there are hazards out there that only the locals know how to counter, wouldn't you take one with you so you'll know your way around? Granted, Leon was all alone for the most part except Ashley, but that was because his only real guides were those jerkass cops and Hunnigan (Until CH3). A possible reason the BSAA go in teams is because of the Mansion incident. They split up and what happens? More than half of the team gets killed. After 11 years you would know better than to try to fight B.O.Ws alone unless you've got no choice. Just as 28 days later says "Never travel alone unless you've got no choice." Leon actually had no choice after those cops died.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 am

Industrial Ridden wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

On topic

Also fuck you capcom

Well it makes sense for there to be smarter undead enemies. As the technology advances, it would make sense for them to get smarter. Imagine how boring it would be if we were killing zombies with futuristic weapons and tanks. It would be way to easy.

Still trough
I am not too found of zombies being able to
use an AK-47
Melee weapons are fine but they are over doing it
with the whole super advanced high techq undead
that Can drive,shoot guns in the future
they won't be any different from humans if things keep up like this

But Thats the thing this is resident evil the game is supposed to be a survival horror game having someone always having your back makes you not worry as much the game series keep getting away from the original concept for someone that as never played resident evil place re5 and re2 And they won't know that they belong to the same series

And the realism thing is not in the equation anymore let's be honest every since re4 the series have been unrealistic as fuck In re6 every keeps dying while Leon and Helena are able to stay alive....,let's forget the 50 feet falls, Chris punching boulders and so on.. .

Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:13 am

What's the difference between a zombie with a firearm and a soldier who does the same? Hmmmm............
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:13 am

Limey wrote:
What's the difference between a zombie with a firearm and a soldier who does the same? Hmmmm............
A soldier with a firearm is capable of autonomous thought and reasoning, obviously. Or was that a rhetorical question?
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:02 pm

RE5 is one of my least fave entries. I actually like RE6 more, but not by loads. The thing I didn't like about RE5 was that the story made little sense. It's like Wesker spent the whole series collecting new viruses and seemingly for nothing in the end. Like there was no mention of them in RE5. It almost makes the other games seem irrelevant, but in my view, RE5 is most irrelevant, with only some parts that enhanced the story.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 pm

White Rock wrote:
RE5 is one of my least fave entries. I actually like RE6 more, but not by loads. The thing I didn't like about RE5 was that the story made little sense. It's like Wesker spent the whole series collecting new viruses and seemingly for nothing in the end. Like there was no mention of them in RE5. It almost makes the other games seem irrelevant, but in my view, RE5 is most irrelevant, with only some parts that enhanced the story.
Not sure if srs
what about Jill being found alive?
What about the death of Albert wesker?
What about we finally hear what happened to chris
after all of those years?
The plot of re5 added more to the series than re6
in my opinion
I don't think resident evil 5 is a masterpiece
But I think the story was pretty easy to follow
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes, but having all those characters back doesn't immediately make it a good story. You've basically named all the greatest parts of RE5. Congratulations. But Jill was hardly even in the game. Wesker was the most laughable villain I've seen in some time, which sucks cos I felt the series was built around his schemes.

Chris returning was great, sure, but we all know it lead to much self-parody. RE5 didn't even have any interesting documents to pick up and read, something that already was a staple of the series, even in RE4. RE5 was just a bland mess.

RE5 wasn't even a good RE game, on single player anyway. It was like a bad retread of RE4 with boring, repetitive gameplay. Weapons upgrades were unsatisfactory and there were parts of it where I wish I had a 'skip' feature.

RE4 was a great game because it was the first of its kind and every subsequent action horror game just wants to be that game again. RE5 and 6 are basically just poorer imitations. The reason I like RE6 more is because it has a far more interesting story and feels like 4 games in 1. You're not forced to play in any order. RE5 in my opinion was kind of boring.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:32 pm

White Rock wrote:
Not sure if srs
what about Jill being found alive?
What about the death of Albert wesker?
What about we finally hear what happened to chris
after all of those years?
The plot of re5 added more to the series than re6
in my opinion
I don't think resident evil 5 is a masterpiece
But I think the story was pretty easy to follow

This. Plus, read the files, he viruses are mentioned all over the place. Now if you didn't read them it's your problem.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:31 am

Mcghie wrote:
If RE5 where to have stayed the same as it's earlier beta then it would have been beyond lovable.
Okay, people keep saying this. What if the game had been a horrible wreck? We never really knew anything about it other than those concept ideas so the gameplay could have been utter shit, even if the story had been better. What if, in a different reality, we would have the RE5 Beta and people would still complain about it being a disgrace. We will never know. I just don't understand the longing for something that only has some concepts left of it. What I'm trying to say here is that it might not actually have been as good as it sounds on paper. Hardly anything ever is.

Limey wrote:
Hmm, the whole idea actually reminds me of Resident Evil 3.5: Fog Version and this has me realize: They were trying to move towards more psychological and less action, but they reverted to more action and less psychological?
They were going too far with the psychological stuff and the game was taking a more paranormal turn than they wanted.

I am not too found of zombies being able to use an AK-47
At what point has this happened? The best I have seen zombies able to do have been pot shots with the Elephant Killer Razz

White Rock wrote:
RE5 didn't even have any interesting documents to pick up and read, something that already was a staple of the series, even in RE4.
I thought the files in LiN were some of the most interesting in the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:06 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Limey wrote:
A soldier with a firearm is capable of autonomous thought and reasoning, obviously. Or was that a rhetorical question?
Rhetorical when the AI of soldiers & zombies is almost parallel in video games.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I am not too found of zombies being able to use an AK-47
At what point has this happened? The best I have seen zombies able to do have been pot shots with the Elephant Killer Razz
I'm guessing by "zombies" he's referring to the Majini, which regularly used AK-74s, RPG-7s, handheld M134s, and grenades against Chris and Sheva late in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only that thinks........   Am I the only that thinks........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only that thinks........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: