HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)

Go down 
+5
Xannidel
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
MSR
Voltius
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Empty
PostSubject: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm

I really wish they hadn't of blown up Raccoon City so quickly. There's so much to explore.

Anyway, in RE Outbreak File #2 there's a level called Flashback that takes place in an abandoned hospital deep in the forest surrounding Raccoon City. It's got an interesting little backstory about a reporter and experiments being done on the patients and some asshole doctor loses his wife Dorothy and will stop at nothing to get her back. Something like that. Plants are infected and growing on the zombies which looks really interesting.

I love the hospital so much I think they should have made it bigger and given it its own entire game. In Fact I would rather have the Hospital than the training facility in the boring "RE Zero".

Here's how Resident Evil Zero should have been.

==================== RESIDENT EVIL ZERO Re-envisioned =============================

Remember at the beginning of Resident Evil 1 they said there were strange reports of people being attacked and eaten in Raccoon forest? And Bravo Team went to investigate? The secret is that they came from the hospital / Sanitorium. This is a short incomplete story of the events that PRE-date the Mansion incident.

Deep within the Arklay Mountains forests...
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Me000010

There was a hospital, a sanatorium built far away from the city, in the most pristine location in the forest. Far away from the noisy polluted city. It's a long term care hospital for terminally ill people who want to live out their lives in peace. Those in a coma or on permanent life support were also transferred here so as not to take up space in the main Hospitals in the city and to also give them and the family more peace. (Sanitoriums really are built in places like this to help those with extreme asthma, breathing problems, tuberculosis, etc...)

After Umbrella's experiments at the Mansion were successful on animals, they needed human subjects to test and experiment on. Kidnapping the homeless from Raccoon City would result in getting caught, the homeless are few and the town small, locals recognize and help their homeless and would know if they started disappearing. Using Prisoners wouldn't work because there's too much of a paper trail of where the prisoners go. And although Chief Irons is on Umbrella's payroll and a great insider, all it takes is for one reporter to notice prisoners are unaccounted for and Chief Irons would face an investigation.

So they came up with a brilliant plan, they'd use people who were already incurable, in a coma, on life support, or near death from the Sanitorium. Their death would be easily explained and not questioned by family members or authorities.

Over the next several years the Sanitorium was heavily remodeled and expanded and became a world renowned resort for those needing long term permanent care. The forest area around was bought up by Umbrella and kept wild and off limits. The closest thing nearby was a camping ground a few miles South West of the Sanitorium.

Umbrella began experimenting on the pateints by faking their deaths, forging a death certificate and experimenting on them in the basements below the hospital. Trials were so successful that they needed more patients and little by little things starting getting out of hand. The T-Virus did wonders at re-animating the death, even those whose spines were severed and when alive, couldn't walk. The experiments increased so much that they started running out of victims. Word came out about the Hospital's high patient death rate and the public stopped sending their loved ones to there for long term care.

Seeing this as only a minor set back umbrella basically put everything in the basement, froze everything they could in giant industrial freezers and kept funding the hospital with only a skeleton crew remaining. All other doctors left. (most had no idea of the experiments that went on in the basement) and throughout the game we'll find notes and files about their questions they had). With no real staff other than the few umbrella insiders, and no patients the hospital started falling into serious disrepair over the years and little by little, the remaining staff either killed themselves after realizing what they did or died by accident from the dilapidating hospital.

It got to the point where only 1 staff member remained and he killed himself. Other umbrella staff had long forgotten about what the place was even for. They simply relied on old notes and plans that stated the "freezers" were to remain on at all times and the power bill always paid no matter what. Trespassers were to be shot. But there was no one to check for trespassers since there was no longer a staff.

Years had passed, the horrors inside the hospital sprawling basement would be forgotten it seems. Nature began to take back the hospital.
How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Tumblr11

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Reside10

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Tumblr10

And then one stormy night, a tree fell on the only power lines to the hospital...

A few months later. Reports have just starting coming in that campers have been found eaten or attacked by a group of about 10 people. Billy Cowan is in an armored van on his way across the USA to be executed. While navigating a turn in the forest, the driver sees 5 people in the middle of the road and swerves to avoid them. The van crashes off the road, the driver's killed from crashing into a tree, the van bent out of shape.

At the S.T.A.R.S. office a report comes in of 2 sisters who were attacked near the campgrounds by a large group of people. Bravo team gets in the helicopter and takes off. They land near the campsite and spread out to investigate. Rebecca is paired with 2 others and is group A, the others group B go off in a different direction. Group B radios in and says they found an overturned van and a convict on the loose. After a while Group A hears the screams of group B, they rush in to investigate and find the team is being attacked by the zombies, The pilot is desperately struggling to get in the chopper while being attacked by a "Crimson Head". Rebecca and her group yells "wait" but it's too late the pilot has taken off but still in a struggle for survival against the crimson head. They watch as the chopper crashes and burns. With Crimson heads chasing them, Rebecca and everyone runs off into the forest.

Rebecca's partner is attacked and she darts off into the woods to escape the bloody massacre. As far as she knows she's the only survivor, she doesn't know where the remaining STARS members are.

She ends up running into Billy, almost mistakes him for a zombie, accuses him of abeing a canibal and a murderer but with the zombies chasing them they have no choice but to run off together deeper into the woods. They're getting tired but the crimson heads they can hear in the distance won't give up and are looking for them. Realizing they can't stay there they start walking alongside some powerlines in the middle of the forest. "They've got to lead to some type of building where we can seek shelter" so they follow them. Eventually they find an old rotting downed tree that has crushed and ripped the power lines.

They continue on and eventually stumble upon the Hospital. It's quite big, (larger than the mansion.) And as they get closer they release they no longer hear the sounds of birds or polinating bees. It seems the whole forest is avoiding this place.

Little would they know that the hospital is the source of the zombies. They'll soon find that the basement's freezers had melted, allowing all sorts of nasty infected victims loose, and the plants have joined them.

The entire hospital is alive and acting as a whole.

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Me000011

The hospital's main boss is a giant plant in the basement that's been infected by teh T-Virus. It's vines are actually holding the hospital together.

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Tumblr12

Long story short:

They find out the story behind the real source of the outbreak, Billy's past, the stories of all the victims, what umbrella learned about the virus, the plant monsters and tons of zombies in the basement. The various plants whose vines have obsorbed the T-Virus. And eventually fight the main plant that has basically turned into a massive toothy octopus like thorny bulb with zombified corpses braided into it's vines.

It got that way because while the freezers were thawing they created lots of water and the plant's roots absorbed it along with the juices of the infected zombie victims. The very bottom of the basement is flooded, btw. The zombified hospital victims have also escaped and have various infected plants growing on them.

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Reside11

After they kill the main plant the building starts to collapse, they escape. Billy goes his separate way, and Rebecca heads towards the mansion.

This better explains the origins of the First zombie outbreak I think.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 am

Voltius wrote:
I love the hospital so much I think they should have made it bigger and given it its own entire game. In Fact I would rather have the Hospital than the training facility in the boring "RE Zero".

Here's how Resident Evil Zero should have been.

Wow, this is actually the coolest fucking thing I've read in a long time. bounce

Now you have to keep in mind that RE0 takes place on July the 23rd of 98, with the events in Flashback taking place during the Raccoon City Incident, easily 2 months later. Between September 21st and October 1st.

That said, I do agree that Flashback was such an interesting story, that it deserved more than a brief scenario in Outbreak. Brief because of the nature of the Outbreak series, being real-time, and even having a sort of time-limit, with the infection rate. You don't really get to enjoy the area's you are exploring as much, as you would in RE1, or RE2, or yes, RE3, since you are almost being rushed, but we still get tons of nice Files for backstory.

I like to play that particular scenario with Alyssa whenever I play. There is that weird story with her, and Kurt. It's cool seeing those flashbacks that randomly happen during the scenario. I think that Alyssa just tried to forget about what happened there, and was remembering during her involvement in that scenario.

There is an ending in which she talks about what happened and mentions Kurt and all that. Not sure how you unlock that. The most recent time I played through, she didn't say anything about that stuff. Not sure why, I had defeated Lester, so that he'd go down and see his wife Dorothy one last time. Not sure.

Oh, and I didn't find RE0 boring. But heck, it'd be cool if they implimented the abandoned hospital more into the story than it's brief run in File#2. Maybe even have some of Bravo Team come across some of this. Since we can't change RE0, not that I'd necessarily want to, maybe some of the other Bravo Team members found this abandoned hospital?

Fanfic idea anyone?

We could have Kenneth, Forest, Richard, Kevin(or he could stay in the chopper), and/or Enrico, all go and investigate this area of northwest Raccoon Forest in Arklay.

Maybe that's how Enrico's leg got jacked up. And this could be a good way to explain the gap between the 23rd and when Alpha finds those Bravo members on the 24th.

But again about Flashback, I love the location, the music. The atmosphere is cool and creepy, and unique. It's daytime, yet really foggy and gloomy. Damn you Volitus, you've now got me in the mood to play File#2 again. Just that scenario. Cool idea though. I like it. Wink
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:40 am

Flashback was the only good thing about Outbreak 2 although I disagree about Zero, it was far from boring.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 am

How far is the hospital from the mansion? I always thought the hospital was rather near the city while the mansion was in the middle of the woods.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Fanfic idea anyone?
I thought you didn't read? I'd prefer a game mod or something like that. Even an RPG maker game would suffice if done well enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 am

Resident Evil 0 is boring? Can't agree with you on that one. The leech monsters terrified me as a kid mainly because of how they moved.

Outbreak File 2 was my least favorite Resident Evil title but Flashback and the Zoo levels were fun. Also screw that subway level.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
How far is the hospital from the mansion? I always thought the hospital was rather near the city while the mansion was in the middle of the woods.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Fanfic idea anyone?
I thought you didn't read? I'd prefer a game mod or something like that. Even an RPG maker game would suffice if done well enough.

Yeah I would imagine the hospital would be close to the city as it wouldn't make sense to have it in the middle of nowhere. How big is the Forest supposed to be anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Spike Reaver wrote:
Fanfic idea anyone?

Yeah I would imagine the hospital would be close to the city as it wouldn't make sense to have it in the middle of nowhere. How big is the Forest supposed to be anyone know?
Considering that pretty much the whole Arklay Mountain is covered in the forest, I'd say pretty big. At least big enough to hide a train track, a training facility and a mansion so that nobody knew about them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:22 am

Voltius wrote:
I really wish they hadn't of blown up Raccoon City so quickly..
There was no other alternative to prevent contamination of a wider area. Even in reality, just about the only way to effectively stop a rapidly-spreading chemical or biological agent is to incinerate the contaminated area with a high-yield incendiary weapon because it destroys the agent at the molecular level.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Considering that pretty much the whole Arklay Mountain is covered in the forest, I'd say pretty big. At least big enough to hide a train track, a training facility and a mansion so that nobody knew about them.
The railway, being a publicly-used service, was probably well-known since it's a reasonable assumption that it stopped in/near Raccoon City somewhere. Trains are loud SOBs, so it's likely the tracks were purposely built in an undeveloped area so as to not disturb residents. If anyone here has ever lived near train tracks like I have, they'll know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
I really wish they hadn't of blown up Raccoon City so quickly..
There was no other alternative to prevent contamination of a wider area. Even in reality, just about the only way to effectively stop a rapidly-spreading chemical or biological agent is to incinerate the contaminated area with a high-yield incendiary weapon because it destroys the agent at the molecular level.

Mass Distraction wrote:
The railway, being a publicly-used service, was probably well-known since it's a reasonable assumption that it stopped in/near Raccoon City somewhere. Trains are loud SOBs, so it's likely the tracks were purposely built in an undeveloped area so as to not disturb residents. If anyone here has ever lived near train tracks like I have, they'll know what I mean.

Oh god...the amount of sleep I have lost from trains.
Back to top Go down
BillC
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:48 pm

wow very interesting and cool idea. I was never huge on the outbreak games but flashback was my fav scenario from either of them strictly because of how awesome and unsettling the location was. I'll have to go back and play through it again. It really deserved a spot in one of the main games. And one where you spent a majority of the game too.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:01 am

Here we go. I was thinking about this idea the other day and sorta mentioned this, but I couldnt remember the OPer's name, VOLITUS.

Anyway, this was a freaking cool idea I thought. I like RE0 as it is, but THIS could be like a side story thing, maybe something like the Becca and Wesker chapters in UC, except we'd be following the other members of Bravo team, so Enrique Martini, Forest Speyer, Richard Aiken, Kenneth J. Sullivan, and maybe that helicopter pilot Kevin Dooley had himself a little adventure, then came back to the broken down chopper to get eaten by Cerberus. But yes, seeing The Bravo Team(hahaha) go into the side of Raccoon Forest that we get to see in Outbreak File#2, the cabin in the mist and of course the abamdoned hospital and that stupid Axe Man Albert Wesker. I mean Albert LESTER. My bad. And just maybe seeing more of an expansion of Arklay Mountains. Maybe some rock climbing, campfire stories, rocky mountain high, etc.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 12:34 pm

What RE0 should have had was an item box or more inventory space. The dropping items was neat, but taking out the item box was a step back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)   How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2) Empty

Back to top Go down

How Resident Evil ZERO should have been (with Pics). (Based on the Abandoned Hospital from Outbreak File #2)
Page 1 of 1