HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Possible returning characters?

Go down 
+14
Teh Black Cat
will1234562
Sakura the zombie slayer
AWDCP
PWNERX
Valentine Fan
Mass Distraction
White Rock
chocotricks
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Nobudy
Xannidel
Vandal
ChrisSherry
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Possible returning characters? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:04 pm

chocotricks wrote:
I think they should just do like they did in RE3 but with everyone, simple
Everyone as in… who. Everyone?

That's a lot of characters.

Last edited by Mercy on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sakura the zombie slayer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sakura the zombie slayer

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 am

I think Claire or Rebecca will return....hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:05 am

Mercy wrote:

But regarding the books, I don't really have the desire to read them despite how much of a fan I am with Resident Evil. I simply don't want to get into another universe and have to keep up with different split timelines like books or movies. Resident Evil is a game first, so I follow that.

You should not be so quick to assume that you are going into another universe. Sure some bits are a little different but one or two of the books are just extra content that you could read while the other books are based around the games, I read em when I was younger and you know what? They were not that bad. I would at least give Zero Hour a chance.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 am

Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:
Everyone as in… who. [i]Everyone?[/i/]

How about the characters we haven't seen in a while and the ones we have played as? I always thought that the final RE game would probably have all of the characters in it for one final fight, but eh, too cliche.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 am

Xannidel wrote:
Mercy wrote:

But regarding the books, I don't really have the desire to read them despite how much of a fan I am with Resident Evil. I simply don't want to get into another universe and have to keep up with different split timelines like books or movies. Resident Evil is a game first, so I follow that.

You should not be so quick to assume that you are going into another universe. Sure some bits are a little different but one or two of the books are just extra content that you could read while the other books are based around the games, I read em when I was younger and you know what? They were not that bad. I would at least give Zero Hour a chance.
If it isn't canon, I don't see why it's important for the experience. Plus it's just money I don't want to spend right now.

AWDCP wrote:
Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

How about the characters we haven't seen in a while and the ones we have played as? I always thought that the final RE game would probably have all of the characters in it for one final fight, but eh, too cliche.
"Every single character" would jever work for anything. I'm not even sure if a fighter would warrent every single character from a series.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 am

Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

It is but like I said before, if RE6 had an epilog for each character, it would make replaying it way worth it. I mean look how many times you have to beat RE6 to get all the medals and everything, if each time you finished you got a little something on what everyone is up to, then I'd probably have played it far more times by now lol
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 am

Mercy wrote:
Xannidel wrote:
Mercy wrote:

If it isn't canon, I don't see why it's important for the experience. Plus it's just money I don't want to spend right now.

AWDCP wrote:
Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

"Every single character" would jever work for anything. I'm not even sure if a fighter would warrent every single character from a series.

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 pm

AWDCP wrote:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Nuff said.
I thought about saying that, too but even then, they didn't use every character.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

It is but like I said before, if RE6 had an epilog for each character, it would make replaying it way worth it. I mean look how many times you have to beat RE6 to get all the medals and everything, if each time you finished you got a little something on what everyone is up to, then I'd probably have played it far more times by now lol
But they don't so it's not even worth talking about it. I would like to know where characters are, but that's not how Resident Evil works.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:32 pm

You know who they need to bring back? Tofu! I freakin LOVED Tofu in Resident Evil 2.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 pm

If I heard a nickle every time I heard that…
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Nobody should count Tofu. It's a novelty character in a bonus game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 am

White Rock wrote:
Nobody should count Tofu. It's a novelty character in a bonus game.
But we don't know if he was fully eaten by HUNK! What if they settled their differences and became pals?! WE HAVE TO KNOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:47 am

Actually, nobody should really count Hunk either.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Getting in everyone that is still alive really isnt that hard.
If a person is still alive, take their personality and traits, and form a future for them based on what happened when we saw them last. Also, it isnt hard to kill off some rather small characters from a spin off or something; just make sure they get killed in a manner that would make sense. For example: Bruce McGivern and Fong Ling. He could die trying to save her, or a look alike like Ada Wong. (Also; they seem a little too much like Leon and Ada, Leon being Re 4 and Ada Re2-ish.)
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:31 pm

PWNERX wrote:
What is with everyone on the forums talking about putting all the characters in a game? This is a bad idea people, look at Resident Evil 6. It's a clusterfuck with no real direction and confusing as all hell story that doesn't tie up loose ends. You come out of the game with more questions than answers. Sevrn characters across four campaigns and you only really care about half of the cast is a horrible idea. Why on bloody earth, would you want twenty plus characters?
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:49 am

Mercy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
What is with everyone on the forums talking about putting all the characters in a game? This is a bad idea people, look at Resident Evil 6. It's a clusterfuck with no real direction and confusing as all hell story that doesn't tie up loose ends. You come out of the game with more questions than answers. Sevrn characters across four campaigns and you only really care about half of the cast is a horrible idea. Why on bloody earth, would you want twenty plus characters?
Yeah,putting all characters in one game will lead to a mess.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 am

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
who said they all have to be playable? what about a small cutscene cameo, or even a grudge-match boss fight?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:44 pm

PWNERX wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
who said they all have to be playable? what about a small cutscene cameo, or even a grudge-match boss fight?

I have to agree, I'm not saying anyone else has to agree as well.
But, I always imagined all the main characters joining together in the last ever game or at least another CGI movie (if it were to end the series) that way no one would be upset that their favorite character wasn't in the last game or CGI movie and I personally think it would be awesome! even more so if done right.

Chris, Leon, Claire, Sherry, Carlos, Jill, Rebecca, Billy, Barry,
and HUNK and Tofu for bonus characters in the Mercs.

I could personally REALLY do perfectly well without Jake in the last game
(or returning to any game for that matter.) I dislike him, I'm not that big on Ada either.

As for Sheva and Helena, I like them both and all, but neither are really main characters to me, just like Jake and Ashley, yes Ashley (not that my opinions matter when it comes to Capcom's future RE plans.)

These are just simply my thoughts on it all and what I think would be fun as a fan
and what to me would make sense character wise for the hypothetical "last big bang RE game".

Cheers, cheers
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

I have to agree, I'm not saying anyone else has to agree as well.
But, I always imagined all the main characters joining together in the last ever game or at least another CGI movie (if it were to end the series) that way no one would be upset that their favorite character wasn't in the last game or CGI movie and I personally think it would be awesome! even more so if done right.

Chris, Leon, Claire, Sherry, Carlos, Jill, Rebecca, Billy, Barry,
and HUNK and Tofu for bonus characters in the Mercs.

I could personally REALLY do perfectly well without Jake in the last game
(or returning to any game for that matter.) I dislike him, I'm not that big on Ada either.

As for Sheva and Helena, I like them both and all, but neither are really main characters to me, just like Jake and Ashley, yes Ashley (not that my opinions matter when it comes to Capcom's future RE plans.)

These are just simply my thoughts on it all and what I think would be fun as a fan
and what to me would make sense character wise for the hypothetical "last big bang RE game".

Cheers, cheers

RE Battle Game, that's just sounds cool to me. We can have all the main/playable character's in one game without f*cking up the main series canon (even though it's already kind of f*cked up anyway). I just had a funny thought that the last RE game will have all the characters in it, but you don't get to play as any of them. Instead, you play as an entirely new person.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 am

The problem with having every single cahracter in one title is mostly that you would have to stretch the game to RPG limits in length to make even half of them relevant. If there's too many characters there's just too much going on and caring for any of them becomes tough and small appearances become irrelevant and easily dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:45 pm

I think with all the rumors of Claire supposedly returning, I wouldn't be surprised seeing her show up sometime soon. Jake I believe, will be the new Leon and Chris. Showing up every one or two games.

Personally, I'd like to see more Ada. I actually wouldn't mind if they gave her, her own game. Perhaps for the 3DS. I think that would be pretty interesting but considering her big role in RE6, I could take it or leave it.

Honestly I can never get sick of Chris, so you won't see me complaining if he makes another quick return. As for Jill, that's another one I could take or leave. Had my Jill fix in Revelations and I'll be playing her once again when it comes out for the 360.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Black Cat wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see more Ada. I actually wouldn't mind if they gave her, her own game. Perhaps for the 3DS. I think that would be pretty interesting but considering her big role in RE6, I could take it or leave it.

She had a big role, and her own campaign, but frankly you come out of that campaign with more questions than answers. She becomes more and more of a mystery each game she appears in. If they did have a spin off with some explainations, I would back it.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Mercy wrote:
Black Cat wrote:

She had a big role, and her own campaign, but frankly you come out of that campaign with more questions than answers. She becomes more and more of a mystery each game she appears in. If they did have a spin off with some explainations, I would back it.
It's true, we didn't really learn much about her. Kind of a wasted opportunity.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Have the entire cast of Resident Evil Outbreak return because well....I'm sure any Outbreak would be better than 5 or 6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible returning characters?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next