Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Possible returning characters? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Possible returning characters? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Possible returning characters? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Possible returning characters? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Possible returning characters? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Possible returning characters? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Possible returning characters? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Possible returning characters? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Possible returning characters? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Possible returning characters?

Go down 
+14
Teh Black Cat
will1234562
Sakura the zombie slayer
AWDCP
PWNERX
Valentine Fan
Mass Distraction
White Rock
chocotricks
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Nobudy
Xannidel
Vandal
ChrisSherry
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Possible returning characters? Empty
PostSubject: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:20 pm

With Sherry Birkin's return to the Resident Evil franchise 15 years later in RE6. It has begun to make me wonder, if she can return after such a long period of time if other fan favorite characters such as Rebecca Chambers, Bill Coen, Barry Burton and Carlos Oliveira could still make a reappearance in future RE titles? I mean why not? many fans have been wanting such returns for years. I think it would be a great move for CAPCOM to make.
Maybe Sherry Birkin returning to the franchise will help encourage CAPCOM into making even more returns?

What do you all think?
I know many of us, if not all of us have been wanting these returns, even if just one of them.
What do you think the chances are?
I personally believe it could very well happen and to never say never.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Honestly, Sherry's return wasn't such a big deal to me. It would be like if Ashley returned. Yeah, I like Ashley, I would find it strange if she was given a role. Jake's campaign was just 25% of the game, and she was Jake's partner… I just feel like if Resident Evil 6 had only one campaign, I may care more about Sherry. She was practically eye candy for me.

If other characters such as Rebecca or Barry get returns such as Sherry's, I won't feel too hot about it. It would be like Scarecrow's treatment in the Dark Knight Trilogy; a fan favorite swept under the rug. It bothers me that this may happen if they do return since Leon and Chris continually fight for the spotlight and Capcom will treat Jake as their newborn and make everyone like him, regardless of how smelly and unoriginal he is.

Though if Jake must be in the next game, I still think Claire working with Jake doesn't sound half bad.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:19 pm

I highly Doubt Billy will come back unless they want to play the "he became a drunk after witnessing the horrors" and then somehow becomes the gallant hero who nobly sacrifices himself for the greater good or something cheesy like that, We all know Capcom will go that far.
I want to see a remake of Gaiden and I am probably the only one who actually enjoyed the game regardless to the HORRIBLE flaws that were in the game but that cliff hanger ending REALLY makes me want them to make a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:21 pm

I bet if they do return, they'll most likely be killed.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Never say never . . . Well yea, there's a chance that one of em will come back, somewhere in the future, but first i think Clair and Jill should get back . . .
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Lets See Brad come back lol
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:25 am

With this supposed reboot happening (see: bullshit) then I highly doubt we'd see any returning characters. Then again, what exactly do they mean by reboot? If they mean do it again from scratch, that would probably mean having an all new plot with all new characters.

But on the topic of returning characters, I'd like to see Barry again and Rebecca.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 am

Xannidel wrote:
I want to see a remake of Gaiden and I am probably the only one who actually enjoyed the game regardless to the HORRIBLE flaws that were in the game but that cliff hanger ending REALLY makes me want them to make a sequel.
You must be the first person I ever see saying they want a remake of Gaiden. I love it! I even theorized, back when we knew next to nothing about Revelations, that it would've been a sequel to Gaiden. Sadly, it wasn't. At least the game itself was awesome.

White Rock wrote:
With this supposed reboot happening (see: bullshit) then I highly doubt we'd see any returning characters. Then again, what exactly do they mean by reboot? If they mean do it again from scratch, that would probably mean having an all new plot with all new characters.
A reboot doesn't necessarily mean all new plot and characters, look at Devil May Cry and Tomb Raider, the first one of those even being a Capcom franchise. Then again it is Capcom so anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:39 am

I'd honestly love to see Rebecca or Claire come back as the main characters
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 am

I said this before and ill say it again: BARRY FUCKIN BURTON
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:54 am

Why does everyone think that a reboot means new characters? When has a videogame reboot welcomed new characters instead of classic characters? I'm asking this honestly, because if there is a famous case, I'd like to be reminded of it.

Otherwise, if Resident Evil gets the reboot treatment, I can be sure that it'll be with the same characters.

Still think the character that has the most potential for a return is Claire though.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 am

Besides Barry, Chris, Jill, and Rebecca is anyone from STARS still alive?
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 am

chocotricks wrote:

No there isn't. The others have all meant their end. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Unless you count the books, that is.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Does Capcom count the books as canon? I mean the books have a lot of important things about character backgrounds, like Jill's father is a catburgler?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 am

I'm pretty sure their non-canon
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 am

Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Does Capcom count the books as canon? I mean the books have a lot of important things about character backgrounds, like Jill's father is a catburgler?

I don't think they are,
It says on this page they are not canon, then again it's wiki.
http://planetresidentevil.gamespy.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_Books

You would think that Jill's dad being a catburgler would be mentioned in Jill's Diary (RE3) or something.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 am

Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

No. The books are in their own universe. This is mostly due to plot inconsistencies like the first book being written before REmake, the second book covering the Leon A/Claire B scenarios and the original plot elements like Trent being a person who works behind the scenes and helping bring down Umbrella.

I just mentioned the books because there were a few characters from the STARS Exeter branch who survived.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:26 am

I have yet to read the books, I mean I bought them LONG ago and now I see there was A reprint (I have the originals) Ill read them one day,

Also, ChrisSherry is that you in your picture?
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 am

chocotricks wrote:
I have yet to read the books, I mean I bought them LONG ago and now I see there was A reprint (I have the originals) Ill read them one day,

Also, ChrisSherry is that you in your picture?

I have read two of them, I have a couple others I have yet to read. I wanted to read Resident Evil Nemesis, since RE3 is my favorite RE game, but I don't have it.

and Yes it is.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 am

How about Cameos? I mean, great characters don't have to always be seen in a videogame just to make a return. A audio recording, a mention from another character, sh*t even a email would be great! Not only would it make things better by knowing what someone else is doing, even characters we haven't seen in years could be hinted at for being alive.

Possible Scenarios:
1. Chris is talking on a phone in RE7, then before hanging up he says "Bye Rebecca, oh, and if you see Billy later tell him I said hi". That hints that both Rebecca and Billy are still alive and well, without them being in the game.
2. During RE7, a character is reading some files and one states "Subject T-9178 is ready to move, Mr. Burnside" hinting that Steve is still alive.
3. Claire is at home and is reading a post card from Barry Burton vacationing with his family in Egypt, saying "I wish you were here!!"

Just sample stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 am

AWDCP wrote:
Chris is talking on a phone in RE7, then before hanging up he says "Bye Rebecca, oh, and if you see Billy later tell him I said hi". That hints that both Rebecca and Billy are still alive and well, without them being in the game.
There's a flaw with that: Billy is presumed dead. Rebecca promised him she would never tell anyone he escaped. I assume Chris would be one of the last people she would have told since, you know, he is a wanted fugitive and Chris kinda works against people like that.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
Chris is talking on a phone in RE7, then before hanging up he says "Bye Rebecca, oh, and if you see Billy later tell him I said hi". That hints that both Rebecca and Billy are still alive and well, without them being in the game.
There's a flaw with that: Billy is presumed dead. Rebecca promised him she would never tell anyone he escaped. I assume Chris would be one of the last people she would have told since, you know, he is a wanted fugitive and Chris kinda works against people like that.

That is very true! but then again Chris trusts Rebecca and if for some reason Rebecca told or ever did tell Chris about Billy, the whole story,
Chris would have no reason to be against Billy and if anything would probably be grateful that Billy helped out and saved his EX-partner.
Just what I think. I love you
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 pm

I don't think Rebecca would do that to Billy.

But regarding the books, I don't really have the desire to read them despite how much of a fan I am with Resident Evil. I simply don't want to get into another universe and have to keep up with different split timelines like books or movies. Resident Evil is a game first, so I follow that.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:16 pm

I think they should just do like they did in RE3 but with everyone, simple
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible returning characters?   Possible returning characters? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible returning characters?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next