HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)

Go down 
+16
AWDCP
02viperacr
RebelliousQueen
Valentine Fan
Mass Distraction
ChrisSherry
ChrisRedfieldRE156
White Rock
Progenitor
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
chocotricks
MSR
RaviorStygian
will1234562
Vandal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I like that he lays down facts, that no matter how you look at it, that is a problem in the game.
Except for example in his DmC review he complained about the throwback to the white haired Dante. That shouldn't really be seen as a problem in the first place.

Btw. Choco said he checks the reviews after he has bought the game.

Well yeah, he's not perfect, he does nitpick and he acknowleges that, but for the most part I like how he reviews games.

I know, but he initially said he avoids reviews for "obvious reasons."
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 pm

I saw the preorder price for RE Revelations for the ps3 and 360. Fifty Buck for an "HD" upscale plus a few extras? That's asking for too much.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 am

LOL, Mercy....show mercy lololololololol I look at them sometimes okay, but I dont follow them by heart or anything aha
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I think that's the irony in my username.

At any rate, I found this article that surprisingly, I agree with every word posted. Down to the author's favorite Resident Evil. He just speaks the truth. Give it a read.

http://m.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Bringing-Back-Horror-Resident-Evil-Piss-Poor-Fan-Feedback-52186.html

Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 pm

I don't really like the $50 price tag so I might give this a TEMPORARY pass and buy the new Dragon's Dogma expansion because I passed the original title up when it first released.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Mercy wrote:
I think that's the irony in my username.

At any rate, I found this article that surprisingly, I agree with every word posted. Down to the author's favorite Resident Evil. He just speaks the truth. Give it a read.

http://m.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Bringing-Back-Horror-Resident-Evil-Piss-Poor-Fan-Feedback-52186.html

Well hopefully Capcom actuallys does good this time around
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Actually. Grammar police. Blah blah blah.

I'm sure now that they're actually listening to the fans they might make something we like.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm

I never did mind the whole change from survival horror to action, but come to think of it, placing current graphics to a survival horror game would be the best way to get an audience.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Nobudy wrote:
I never did mind the whole change from survival horror to action, but come to think of it, placing current graphics to a survival horror game would be the best way to get an audience.

And bring back older fans of the series.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 am

Xannidel wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Actually, nine times out of ten, the older fans of the series still play the newer Resident Evil games.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:08 am

Mercy wrote:
Xannidel wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Actually, nine times out of ten, the older fans of the series still play the newer Resident Evil games.

I am sure they do but can you honestly say they play it for the enjoyment or would you say they play them in hopes that they bring back the survival horror?
I never played 5 or 6 (I was planning on getting the PS3 Anthology edition)
I really have no plans to play 5 even with co-op because of how...NOT Resident Evil it is. But that is just my lousy opinion.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:23 am

Nobudy wrote:

Todays graphics with horror survival best way of getting audience?! No way, the worst thing i think that was with RE 5 was the horrSur motion limits, game looked perfect, but felt really weird to have motion limits on characters, but if by horror survival you mean more puzzles and more complex puzzles I would agree, but HorSur is not only about them, genre stands for motion limits and lack of ammunition ETC. Mixing RE back with that genre all the way would simply work for the older generation of the gamers, or simply fans of that genre, otherwise it will chop off really big slice of fans from RE, including myself, i wouldn't like to play a game that looks as good as its possible, but characters in it barely move, dont shoot on run and run for items chest to get weapons, that worked perfectly with RE in eatly 20s, but now with awesome game engines that would simply suck ass . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Todays graphics with horror survival best way of getting audience?! No way, the worst thing i think that was with RE 5 was the horrSur motion limits, game looked perfect, but felt really weird to have motion limits on characters, but if by horror survival you mean more puzzles and more complex puzzles I would agree, but HorSur is not only about them, genre stands for motion limits and lack of ammunition ETC. Mixing RE back with that genre all the way would simply work for the older generation of the gamers, or simply fans of that genre, otherwise it will chop off really big slice of fans from RE, including myself, i wouldn't like to play a game that looks as good as its possible, but characters in it barely move, dont shoot on run and run for items chest to get weapons, that worked perfectly with RE in eatly 20s, but now with awesome game engines that would simply suck ass . . .
Making a survival horror game with modern standards is very possible. You don't need to limit the movement of characters, look at Silent Hill for example. The games play pretty much like RE6 (minus the action flips and wrestling moves) and you still get the complete horror experience with limited ammo, breaking weaponry, creepy enemies, puzzles and a place you just don't want to be in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Making a survival horror game with modern standards is very possible. You don't need to limit the movement of characters, look at Silent Hill for example. The games play pretty much like RE6 (minus the action flips and wrestling moves) and you still get the complete horror experience with limited ammo, breaking weaponry, creepy enemies, puzzles and a place you just don't want to be in.

Honestly i havent played lately SH for a while, i dont know how the latest SH game feels like, but i actually love the flips and Chris' wrestling moves and even more so i would really want devs to expend his melee abilities. What i would suggest for giving the game that Hor Sur feeling back, would be more puzzles, everybody loves puzzles, doesn't matter if he/she is a hard core RE fan or became RE fan since RE 4/5, but to take off those martial art moves would also be a bad idea. Much darker environments and more puzzles thats the best way of getting that feeling.

Off Topic: BTW guys when is the PC release date of RE6??? it was somewhere in the march right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Honestly i havent played lately SH for a while, i dont know how the latest SH game feels like, but i actually love the flips and Chris' wrestling moves and even more so i would really want devs to expend his melee abilities. What i would suggest for giving the game that Hor Sur feeling back, would be more puzzles, everybody loves puzzles, doesn't matter if he/she is a hard core RE fan or became RE fan since RE 4/5, but to take off those martial art moves would also be a bad idea. Much darker environments and more puzzles thats the best way of getting that feeling.

Off Topic: BTW guys when is the PC release date of RE6??? it was somewhere in the march right?
It kinda takes away from the horror when you can just grab an enemy and throw it around. I would never want something like that to be added to Silent Hill, I'm fine with just whacking everything with a steel pipe.

As for RE, they shouldn't take the moves away as they already are a part of the gameplay, but they could lessen them or at least make them less flashy.

You could've just checked the news thread in Off Topic but it's 22nd.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

It kinda takes away from the horror when you can just grab an enemy and throw it around. I would never want something like that to be added to Silent Hill, I'm fine with just whacking everything with a steel pipe.

As for RE, they shouldn't take the moves away as they already are a part of the gameplay, but they could lessen them or at least make them less flashy.

Well what the hell did Chris take so many protein shakes for if he cant do that, he's gotta use those muscles, its absolutely realistic for the person of his size to toss around a small skinny zombie or send him flying with one punch, but yes it should be more complex to make those moves, like when you grab a zombie there should be a high risk of getting bitten and being infected, just adding small details would please both HorSur fans like you and Action fans like me.

I knew you were around so posted a quick question instead of surfing on forum . . .

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:40 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Well what the hell did Chris take so many protein shakes for if he cant do that, he's gotta use those muscles, its absolutely realistic for the person of his size to toss around a small skinny zombie or send him flying with one punch, but yes it should be more complex to make those moves, like when you grab a zombie there should be a high risk of getting bitten and being infected, just adding small details would please both HorSur fans like you and Action fans like me.

I knew you were around so posted a quick question instead of surfing on forum . . .

ORC did that kinda right, as you could get infected from a bite. Sure, it's realistic that Chris can throw a zombie around and floor it with a punch but there's no need for all the characters go all RVD on the enemies. Those moves are more fitting for a wrestling game rather than a horror game that's trying to take itself seriously.

Well, makes sense.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

ORC did that kinda right, as you could get infected from a bite. Sure, it's realistic that Chris can throw a zombie around and floor it with a punch but there's no need for all the characters go all RVD on the enemies. Those moves are more fitting for a wrestling game rather than a horror game that's trying to take itself seriously.

Well, makes sense.

Yea I actually liked ORC in that sense. Well i dont know how it is in RE6 but i really found it funny when jill does Rob Van Dam thing to Chris, its impossible for a small girl to throw down 100 kilos of mass, but that doesn't mean that the move should be removed, cs still it can be performed on zombies, but should be added the risk of infection, it will also be awesome if they add the scratch infection, so that even one arm swing of zombies will be dangerous, gamers gonna have to be really careful and plus always have antidote with em, that make game quite difficult to play, plus couple of puzzles dark environment and here you have your Hor Sur + Action . . .
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:22 pm

when jill does Rob Van Dam thing to Chris, its impossible for a small girl to throw down 100 kilos of mass, but that doesn't mean that the move should be removed
I'll have to disagree on that one - Jill uses Aikido.Aikido teaches practitioners to use the enemy's strengths against him.As you noticed Svetlana,who a military instructor,flipped Leon easily,despite the fact that she's not only smaller,but also a lot older(she's in her 50s,I presume) than Leon .
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Reebot of the series!   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:51 pm

If capcom were too reboot the resident evil series... Would the mean the series starts over again from scratch like the events of resident evil 1 or resident evil 4 never happened?
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:25 pm

A reboot doesn't mean they might change the storyline or add new characters, or even completely ignore games (I'm looking at you RE5 with your dandiness >.>).

Look at ORC, for example. Although technically not a reboot, it's still retelling the events of RE2 and RE3 with a unique spin on it: You play as members of the U.S.S. and Echo 6. Despite clearly contradicting the earlier games, ORC was still great in it's own way, which is why it's one of my favorite RE games. The only thing off about it was probably the gameplay (which wasn't so bad; kind of reminded me of TCGR:FS) and it strayed a little to far into the action scene rather than the horror scene. Other than that, it was near perfect.

It also brought back zombies, so it deserves a major nod for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Yea I actually liked ORC in that sense. Well i dont know how it is in RE6 but i really found it funny when jill does Rob Van Dam thing to Chris, its impossible for a small girl to throw down 100 kilos of mass, but that doesn't mean that the move should be removed, cs still it can be performed on zombies, but should be added the risk of infection, it will also be awesome if they add the scratch infection, so that even one arm swing of zombies will be dangerous, gamers gonna have to be really careful and plus always have antidote with em, that make game quite difficult to play, plus couple of puzzles dark environment and here you have your Hor Sur + Action . . .
Oh yeah, you haven't played RE6. Okay, the stuff we had in RE5 was fine. In RE6 we have all kinds of throws and pretty much every single character in that game is a pro wrestler. Honestly, when you see the same exact overly complicated throw the 100th time, all it is is annoying time wasting when I could just stab them and be on my way.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Guys, if you don't mind I guess the reboot thing that Capcom's talkin' about is not erasing, deleting or making a new storyline I guess they're making a full package just like they did in Resident Evil: Anthology. I don't know if that's right. But atleast that's what I've thought. Cause if they going to scratch the story from the start until the end. They're just wasting their time and effort, and it's clearly not a good idea at all.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:46 pm

will1234562 wrote:

when jill does Rob Van Dam thing to Chris, its impossible for a small girl to throw down 100 kilos of mass, but that doesn't mean that the move should be removed
I'll have to disagree on that one - Jill uses Aikido.Aikido teaches practitioners to use the enemy's strengths against him.As you noticed Svetlana,who a military instructor,flipped Leon easily,despite the fact that she's not only smaller,but also a lot older(she's in her 50s,I presume) than Leon .

Well in Leons case it is possible to do it cs Leon is not that heavy, he's 70.2, Svetlana would be somewhere in between 50 and 60 (weight i mean not age), Plus she's and instructor in post soviet country, so she's probably a master of not aikido, but Russian Military Sambo, which is even more kick ass, but in Jills case she weights 56 kilos when Chris is 98, plus all muscle no fat, u cant even imagine how hard it is throw down person of that size and strength, its tough even 4 me when im 108 myself, even if jill was a grandmaster she still stands no chance.

@mass: really ? I thought all characters had their own moves, I mean i've seen Chris' "pick-up" throw, but if lets say Sherry does the same thing then its dumb . . . Well i wont see it until 22nd, Ive seen only CR walk through of one level where he did that throw . . .
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Guys, if you don't mind I guess the reboot thing that Capcom's talkin' about is not erasing, deleting or making a new storyline I guess they're making a full package just like they did in Resident Evil: Anthology. I don't know if that's right. But atleast that's what I've thought. Cause if they going to scratch the story from the start until the end. They're just wasting their time and effort, and it's clearly not a good idea at all.
True, it really doesn't need a story reboot, but it definately needs a direction reboot. In fact there are several articles where Capcom says "The fans were right… rethinking our direction for the series.

Observe.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121862-Even-Capcom-Thinks-Enough-Resident-Evil-is-Too-Much

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-04-resident-evil-6-lost-its-momentum-resulting-in-the-failure-to-achieve-planned-sales

http://www.gamezone.com/products/resident-evil-6/news/resident-evil-producer-rethinks-the-direction-of-the-series

http://www.gamespot.com/news/resident-evil-6-lost-its-momentum-to-fall-2m-short-of-target-6403340
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next