HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)

Go down 
+16
AWDCP
02viperacr
RebelliousQueen
Valentine Fan
Mass Distraction
ChrisSherry
ChrisRedfieldRE156
White Rock
Progenitor
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
chocotricks
MSR
RaviorStygian
will1234562
Vandal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Every time someone says the word "reboot", I remember DMC's reboot...that didn't end very well.
Except that game, in the end, was received pretty well once it was released.

If ur talking of DmC, i agree, the game is awesome! Really enjoyed it!!!

As for the reboot, im pretty sure it will see the light some time soon, one thing can be said 4 sure that the reboot will bring some shit load of income to capcom!!! But there's no PC version so capcom sucks once again!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 6:47 am

White Rock wrote:
Capcom shouldn't reboot the series yet. There's more they could do with the series and we don't know what happened to Rebecca, Barry or that, but now it's like they don't care. So much for bringing back the horror. Do they really need to 'reboot' the WHOLE franchise to do it? However, this is Capcom after all. They're full of bullshit and they just make games for the money now. Don't believe what they say. They know people will jump on the wagon and buy all the Special Edition releases to get a "complete" collection. It's all lies.

I agree, I don't want Resident Evil to be fully rebooted like DMC was, it wouldn't be Resident Evil anymore. A reboot of the "game-play" or returning to more of a horror setting (making future sequels more like Revelations) would be fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:43 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Wasn't RE6 considered a reboot by CAPCOM?
Not that I know of. Capcom was considering a reboot but stuck with the original story.

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
But there's no PC version so capcom sucks once again!!!
Where did that come from?

@White Rock: What do you mean "look at Silent Hill"? Downpour is fantastic! I love getting the crap scared out of me by evil mannequins and exploring the town. There's only one thing I didn't like about the game and that's the stupid cave before you get to the town. Oh yeah, and we already know what Barry is up to. He lives in Canada, with his family. Rebecca is a whole other story, though...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am

Jumping into the conversation, but I can kinda see why Silent Hill is considered to have gone down-hill (no pun intended). I've played "Homecoming" and "4", and they honestly don't have the same feel as 1, 2, or 3 do. Silent Hill 3 is probably one of my favorite survival-horror games, but I was impressed with "Homecoming". I didn't feel drawn into the atmosphere like I did with the previous efforts. Granted, I know that the company was changed for the newer games, and that could be a deciding factor.

As for a reboot, I honestly don't know what to think. If Capcom decided to reboot the series, and they give us new characters and do away with the old characters, I won't be happy. I love the characters we have now, and they have enough, so I don't see why Capcom can't use some of the other characters they haven't used, such as Barry, Rebecca, or Billy. They is NO reason why you should feel the need to create new characters. Why can't you give the main people a break for a while, and give us a game that brings back some of the other fan favorites. As much as I love Jill, Chris, or Leon, I would love to have a console game where you play as Barry or Rebecca again.

Also, why is there a need for a reboot? Is the franchise that 'washed out' to the company? The series is perfectly fine as it is, granted, the newer games aren't as 'scary' or 'freightening' as the original five (RE 1/DC, RE2, Survivor, RE3, and CV). Those games had an amazing atmosphere that drew you in like you were watching a horror movie. You felt like you were there, like you were the characters. If Capcom would return the series to its roots, and give us more horror (I feel somewhat like RE6 did this with Leon's campaign, but its not really the same) so that it would match the effect that the originals have, it would be a remarkable improvement over RE5.

Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 am

I heard Down Pour was bad, I never actually played it but I never heard nothing good and it was 15 dollars not long ago lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 am

chocotricks wrote:
I heard Down Pour was bad, I never actually played it but I never heard nothing good and it was 15 dollars not long ago lol
Psh. Don't listen to reviews and/or butthurt people. The game is fantastic and I've found myself enjoying it even more than I did with Homecoming and Shattered Memories, both newer titles and both amazing in their own right. You have the whole of Silent Hill to explore with lots of buildings you can go in and lots of sidequests to do, in addition to having those creepy, claustrophobic and downright insane places for story parts. I'd say it's almost damn near to be a perfect SH title. Cut the occasional lag and add more enemies and bosses and it would be my favorite of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Can't you post the article here?

Child's Play is also getting a reboot. Expect it around Halloween 2013! Brad Dourif is still Chucky!

Boy, really is that true? I'm a big fan of Child's Play. Devil May Cry's Reboot is successful. I heard this Resident Evil: Reboot thing already. Well, Capcom is serious about this?
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
White Rock wrote:
Capcom shouldn't reboot the series yet. There's more they could do with the series and we don't know what happened to Rebecca, Barry or that, but now it's like they don't care. So much for bringing back the horror. Do they really need to 'reboot' the WHOLE franchise to do it? However, this is Capcom after all. They're full of bullshit and they just make games for the money now. Don't believe what they say. They know people will jump on the wagon and buy all the Special Edition releases to get a "complete" collection. It's all lies.

I agree, I don't want Resident Evil to be fully rebooted like DMC was, it wouldn't be Resident Evil anymore. A reboot of the "game-play" or returning to more of a horror setting (making future sequels more like Revelations) would be fine with me.

Well Resident Evil isn't entirely Resident Evil anymore. Not RE6 at least. If more sequels are like Revelations I'll be down with that. If we are looking at a reboot of gameplay, well that's exactly what Resident Evil 4 was. So if they're going into a more open-world genre, we just may have to give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
02viperacr
User BANNED
User BANNED
02viperacr

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Revelations was the first RE game in a while that FELT like RE ... the new ones even though good games ... RE4 - 6 ... are swaying off coarse to me ... so if there basing a reboot in the Revelations style then im all up for that!

Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Mercy wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
White Rock wrote:

Well Resident Evil isn't entirely Resident Evil anymore. Not RE6 at least. If more sequels are like Revelations I'll be down with that. If we are looking at a reboot of gameplay, well that's exactly what Resident Evil 4 was. So if they're going into a more open-world genre, we just may have to give it a chance.

When I say RE wouldn't be RE anymore, I mean, characters and story-line wise, not the game-play. I haven't had the chance to play Revelations yet (I don't have a 3DS, needless to say, I am amp for the title coming to PS3.) but, I would be happy with the future games going that direction as long as the it's not a complete reboot, with completely new characters and the whole nine yards. When in reality, they can still do so much with the current franchise. They don't have to reboot the franchise to make fans happier, when they could just simply go back more to the roots of RE, with more horror, like I heard Revelations was.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 6:48 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
Mercy wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
White Rock wrote:

When I say RE wouldn't be RE anymore, I mean, characters and story-line wise, not the game-play. I haven't had the chance to play Revelations yet (I don't have a 3DS, needless to say, I am amp for the title coming to PS3.) but, I would be happy with the future games going that direction as long as the it's not a complete reboot, with completely new characters and the whole nine yards. When in reality, they can still do so much with the current franchise. They don't have to reboot the franchise to make fans happier, when they could just simply go back more to the roots of RE, with more horror, like I heard Revelations was.
Like DMC, I don't think a reboot would dismiss main series characters suh as Chris and Jill.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm

@Mass, I usually try to avoid reviews. Reasons being obvious, Hopefully your right about it lol.

So am I the only one who likes the idea of an open world RE, I thought I mentioned an open world RE before....or at least someone did and I gave me 2 cents.

I really think it could be great if done right, at least the way I imagine. I'm just gonna go to Capcom and tell em how to make it........MY IDEA IS THE BEST DONT EVEN CARE
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Can't you post the article here?

Child's Play is also getting a reboot. Expect it around Halloween 2013! Brad Dourif is still Chucky!

Boy, really is that true? I'm a big fan of Child's Play. Devil May Cry's Reboot is successful. I heard this Resident Evil: Reboot thing already. Well, Capcom is serious about this?

No. It's a sequel. They pick up after Child's Play 3. Bride and Seed will be ignored. So it's a direct sequel, like how Texas Chainsaw is a sequel to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that ignores the other films.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 am

chocotricks wrote:
@Mass, I usually try to avoid reviews. Reasons being obvious, Hopefully your right about it lol.

So am I the only one who likes the idea of an open world RE, I thought I mentioned an open world RE before....or at least someone did and I gave me 2 cents.

I really think it could be great if done right, at least the way I imagine. I'm just gonna go to Capcom and tell em how to make it........MY IDEA IS THE BEST DONT EVEN CARE
Why avoid reviews? You get an evaluated assessment of someone's feelings on the game from someone who has been playing games probably a lot longer than you have. Chances are some reviews are bias, but if I really am struggling to pick up a game, I go over a ton of reviews.

Dead Rising seemed to do it right, it could work in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 am

Rebooting RE would not bode well for Capcom. I mean, if they kept the original characters/enemies, that would be kind of cool (kind of). But giving them different roles would be, well, strange (just imagine Chris and Wesker being Best Friends....). I would rather see the older games get High Def then rebooted.

And yes, Capcom has turned RE from a good horror game into a action game (RE4-RE6). I mean, they started to mess up when we had to BUY our weapons from merchants in RE4 and RE5, and they really messed up when we couldn't even change our Inventory in RE6. I mean, we're in a f*cking city overrun with zombies, why the hell would I need to buy my guns? I would just shoot the guy and take all of his merchandise.

Also, whatever happened to the zombies? I mean, even though they did sort of returned, we haven't really seen them. I mean, the Las Plagas was retarded. The Garanados and the Majini were also retarded. I want to shoot undead people, not people who basically got super tapeworms attached to their head >.>

The DmC Reboot wasn't actually that bad, because the original DmC Quartlet was getting weird (DmC 4 was confusing, because I kept thinking the guy you were playing as was Dante but he was just another guy who looked like Dante Shocked (also, why did everyone in that game basically have white hair?)).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 am

AWDCP wrote:
I would rather see the older games get High Def then rebooted.
Someone should make a "thumbs up" emoticon.
AWDCP wrote:

(also, why did everyone in that game basically have white hair?)).
Only those who have a blood connection to the legendary demon Sparda - Dante is Sparda's son,but no one know for sure how Nero is connected to Sparda(though there is a theory that Nero is Vergil's son).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am

AWDCP wrote:
Also, whatever happened to the zombies? I mean, even though they did sort of returned, we haven't really seen them. I mean, the Las Plagas was retarded. The Garanados and the Majini were also retarded. I want to shoot undead people, not people who basically got super tapeworms attached to their head >.>
We haven't really seen them? Revelations had zombie animals (puffer fish, wolves, pirahna), ORC had actual zombies that turn into Crimson Heads and RE6 had a whole lot of zombies in addition to the J'avo.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
We haven't really seen them? Revelations had zombie animals (puffer fish, wolves, pirahna), ORC had actual zombies that turn into Crimson Heads and RE6 had a whole lot of zombies in addition to the J'avo.

True. I didn't know about Revelations (I don't have a 3DS), and I kind of forgot about ORC (which is sad, since I beat it like three days ago). My bad.

will1234562 wrote:
Only those who have a blood connection to the legendary demon Sparda - Dante is Sparda's son,but no one know for sure how Nero is connected to Sparda(though there is a theory that Nero is Vergil's son).

Oh, totally forgot about the Sparda bloodline thing. But Nero being Vergil's son is very interesting, might look into that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:40 am

Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Why avoid reviews? You get an evaluated assessment of someone's feelings on the game from someone who has been playing games probably a lot longer than you have. Chances are some reviews are bias, but if I really am struggling to pick up a game, I go over a ton of reviews.

Because most reviewers are SHIT! I hate this whole rating system too, honestly a game can be only 3 things: Good, Bad, and Okay. If I do look up reviews I go to Gamespot and see the user reviews~
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Mercy wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

Because most reviewers are SHIT! I hate this whole rating system too, honestly a game can be only 3 things: Good, Bad, and Okay. If I do look up reviews I go to Gamespot and see the user reviews~
Not entirely. Gametrailers rates a game off story, presentation, gameplay, and then bundles the entire score together, Zero Punctuation lays down the facts, metacritic is an amalgamation of reviews, sort of like rotten tomatoes, I think user reviews are overtly bias and don't truly present the game how it is because they either love it too much to give it a low score or brandish the game even though it has good qualities.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Zero Punctuation is what I can hardly call "good reviewing". It has its amusement factor but I wouldn't really count on Yahtzee if I want to know if I would like a game or not.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:49 pm

I like that he lays down facts, that no matter how you look at it, that is a problem in the game. Of course I don't use his reviews when buying a game, I usually have a loyalty to a series or I demoed it. I usually look at reviews after I buy to see if my feelings coincide with the reviewers. Sometimes I even do so to decide if I like it enough to keep the game.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:54 pm

^Thats one thing I do as well, after I pick up a game I read reviews on it to see how other people felt about it lol
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 pm

So you do resort to reviews despite them being "shit?"
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Mercy wrote:
I like that he lays down facts, that no matter how you look at it, that is a problem in the game.
Except for example in his DmC review he complained about the throwback to the white haired Dante. That shouldn't really be seen as a problem in the first place.

Btw. Choco said he checks the reviews after he has bought the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next