Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Project X Zone EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Project X Zone EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Project X Zone EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Project X Zone EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Project X Zone EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Project X Zone EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Project X Zone EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Project X Zone EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Project X Zone EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Project X Zone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Anyone else noticed that Jill and Chris are making an appearance in Project X Zone?
Project X Zone Projec10
Project X Zone Projec11
Project X Zone Projec12
The game contains characters from Namco Bandai Games, Capcom, and Sega and it's an RPG.I have no idea what the storyline is,though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm

The storyline is a continuation of Namco x Capcom. It's a world where heroes and villains from different universe have, for one reason or the other, been transported to one single place. It makes more sense when you play it.

I was actually going to make a thread about the game but procrastination led to you beating me to it Razz

In any case, for some related characters, Dante, Lady and Frank West will also have roles in the story. As regular enemies there will also be seen lots of RE monsters like zombies, hunters, ooze, T-002 and Nemesis, who supposedly has a bigger role as a villain.

The gameplay is like any normal SRPG but all your characters are a team of two with an additional backup character.
  • Jill and Chris' backup is Busujima from Zombie Revenge (also seen in the pictures you posted). Zombie Revenge is actually a very RE like zombie game released for Dreamcast.
  • Dante's partner will actually not be Lady, as she is his backup. Dante's partner will be Demitri from Darkstalkers. The funny thing is that Demitri is a demon lord.
  • Frank West will be partnered up with Hsien-Ko, also from Darkstalkers. Another funny pair-up since she is a chinese zombie. Their backup is supposedly Bruno Dellinger, the main character of Die Hard Arcade.

Here, have an awesome and mindblowing 16 minute trailer with all the announced characters:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

[*]Dante's partner will actually not be Lady, as she is his backup. Dante's partner will be Demitri from Darkstalkers. The funny thing is that Demitri is a demon lord.
Awesome Lady is in there too Very Happy
I also noticed in a vid that one of Jill's weapons is the classic rocket launcher M202A1.
BTW do RE characters appear in other non-RE games,besides Project X Zone and Marvel vs. Capcom 2\3?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 pm

will1234562 wrote:
BTW do RE characters appear in other non-RE games,besides Project X Zone and Marvel vs. Capcom 2\3?
Totally forgot to mention. In Namco x Capcom there were two RE characters, Bruce McGivern and Fong Ling from Dead Aim, in addition to Regina from Dino Crisis. SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters series has also had some RE themed cards in there.

There was a PS2 game made by Capcom that had an entire level as a parody of RE3. Had to look it up, it was Under the Skin.

Can't really think of anything else right now but those above are definite.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot. There's an Albert Wesker skin as an unlockable in Lost Planet 2.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Geez… why do I want that game so badly? I only know the Capcom characters and several Sega characters, but I want it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:53 pm

I want it because of the characters and my love for SRPGs.

I'm actually thinking about getting Zombie Revenge just so I have played more games that lead to this. It's a Japanese copy but only costs 14€. I already bought Valkyria Chronicles a while ago, partly because of this and partly because it looked interesting.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:06 pm

I think the only reason I want it is because of Jill's ass. Makes me want to throw money at Capcom.

I just don't think I could stand for all the Japanese text, even if it is cheap. I would like to know what's happening without having to learn the language. I heard they're trying to localize this game? Any news on that?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Yeah but it's an old game and they don't come by very often.

I haven't heard anything about the localization lately. Hopefully they do release this at some point. It would be a definite buy for me.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm pretty sure it's going to be translated eventually - having so many popular character makes it an instant buy for the fans.Though Capcom tends to make stupid things - like making a RE5 DLC for every console,except the PC(yeah,I'm still not over that - it's not only unfair,but illogical).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:40 pm

will1234562 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's going to be translated eventually - having so many popular character makes it an instant buy for the fans.Though Capcom tends to make stupid things - like making a RE5 DLC for every console,except the PC(yeah,I'm still not over that - it's not only unfair,but illogical).
Capcom is not making this game. It's developed by Banpresto and Monolith Soft and published by Namco Bandai Games. This according to Wikipedia.

I know there would be lots of people who would buy this game but look what happened to its predecessor. Namco x Capcom was never released outside of Japan because of the extremely lame reason "There were so many characters that wouldn't have been known outside of Japan" which is plain bs and they know it. That game too was developed by Monolith Soft and published by Namco.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Capcom is not making this game. It's developed by Banpresto and Monolith Soft and published by Namco Bandai Games. This according to Wikipedia.
My mistake - I thought that because it contain characters from Namco,Capcom and Sega,the companies work together on the project.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
My mistake - I thought that because it contain characters from Namco,Capcom and Sega,the companies work together on the project.
Well, they kinda do, but mostly as advisors. It would be a hell of a hassle if three companies worked on the same game at the same time.

If you're interested in other games like this that have actually been released internatianlly there's Cross Edge. That game, too, is a collaboration of both Capcom and Namco Bandai but also Idea Factory, Nippon Ichi Software and Gust Corporation. It's also an RPG and a great one at that. Actually, the mere existence of that game counters the reason for not releasing NxC outside of Japan since a big chunk of the characters in X-Edge are from Japan only games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:37 am

UPDATE: The game now has a release date of June 25th. Everyone rejoice!

Oh yeah, and all the pre-order versions will be limited editions for the price of a regular edition. How awesome is that?!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Holy cow. So sold on that.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 am

Lots of new characters and gameplay revealed. It seems that they have given it at least a bit more depth in gameplay, which is good.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 3:31 pm

The main reason Teh Spike wanted to play this is cause of Chris, Jill and Nemesis
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:17 am

The first or the second? Because I'm fairly certain Nemesis got replaced by Ustanak in the second one.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 7:46 am

I bought the first one for Chris and Jill, I kept it for Frank West and Hsien Ko. That was an interesting team up, so I'm slightly disappointed I haven't seen them yet.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 9:27 am

Teh Spike did not know there was a sequel. Never played either cause tactics games like that dont usually keep me playing long.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 2:32 am

Vandal wrote:
I bought the first one for Chris and Jill, I kept it for Frank West and Hsien Ko. That was an interesting team up, so I'm slightly disappointed I haven't seen them yet.

I really liked the pairings in the first game, especially the team-up you mentioned and Dante/Demitri.

At least there's already one interesting pairing, and that's Hiryu and Hotsuma. It's neat to see the main characters from different companies' ninja action games teaming up. Oh, and I already got my favorite Darkstalker in the mix Razz Felicia's awesome. Hsien-Ko is close second though.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 7:10 am

Yeah, that's what I love about Project X Zone too. Just seeing some characters interact with each other is really cool. I nearly flipped when Frank was talking to Chris and Jill going "Hey, I know you guys! I did a few pieces on Raccoon City!"

Oh speaking of Darkstalkers, I haven't even seen Morrigan yet! Like... you just can't get rid of Morrigan!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:58 am

Ah yes, you gotta love continuity and world building. I really do need to get a working translation of Namco x Capcom, I felt like I was missing a lot of things in PxZ when Reiji, Xiaomu and Saya joined. Good to see them back too, though I guess in this world there can't be a crossover without their agency getting involved. Then again, they weren't in Cross Edge. I recommend playing that one too if you enjoy crossovers like this. Morrigan, Demitri and Felicia, out of the already mentioned, are in that one too. On the plus side it has a way more engaging battle system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project X Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project X Zone   Project X Zone Empty

Back to top Go down

Project X Zone
Page 1 of 1