HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil

Go down 
+7
ChrisSherry
NiteKrawler
chocotricks
Nobudy
Vandal
Mass Distraction
VoyageTreader08
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil Empty
PostSubject: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:58 am

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 am

I have nothing against the guy but his style wouldn't really fit RE.

Besides, I don't really feel the series needs any fixing. Not in any direction I assume he would be going, anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:46 am

If he can fix anything I think it would be the controls.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:21 pm

We can finally move and shoot along with dodging. The thing that needs fixing is QTE moderation.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Im not totally against this.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

"Fixing" can be taken many ways. Would he fix it for Capcom to make them more money? Or would he fix it so the old school fans would like it more? Those are two totally different things.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 am

I don't know... it really depends on what he means by "Fix it" and what he's really wanting to do.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:18 pm

I just don't like how he sounded when he said this. He just came off as he knew what was best for the series. I mean Chris' campaign in RE6 was pretty much Gears of War anyway so I don't see how he can "fix" RE.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Mercy wrote:

Why? The controls in RE6, if adjusted, are perfect. I love RE6's controls. Of course, like I've said, I made it so that I hold R to aim and a face button to shoot, as well as having the right stick move me while aiming and the laser sight instead of the reticle, none of which are default...but I had to make it play like RE, and with a few amendments it does just that.

I wish I didn't have to make those changes, but at least they are there, unlike freakin' ORC, which blowed.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:28 pm

I thought RE5's default controls were great. Not sure how different RE6's are, but I'm sure I'd adjust. This coming from someone who never had any problems with the classic RE controls.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Why? The controls in RE6, if adjusted, are perfect. I love RE6's controls. Of course, like I've said, I made it so that I hold R to aim and a face button to shoot, as well as having the right stick move me while aiming and the laser sight instead of the reticle, none of which are default...but I had to make it play like RE, and with a few amendments it does just that.
So how do you move whilst shooting? The things you can do like ducking, jumping forward then spinning on your back, of leaping to the side, all that is good. But I had no idea how to do that at first. Aim, press A, then directional? Why couldn't it just be directional A?

I don't have a problem with aiming and shooting, I have a problem with three button controls for simple actions.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 am

Mercy wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

So how do you move whilst shooting? The things you can do like ducking, jumping forward then spinning on your back, of leaping to the side, all that is good. But I had no idea how to do that at first. Aim, press A, then directional? Why couldn't it just be directional A?

I don't have a problem with aiming and shooting, I have a problem with three button controls for simple actions.

It's actually a little tougher while playing with Actual RE controls. You have to move your thumb just right to flick the Right stick in order to do one of those jumping or rolling maneuvers while aiming. But I manage, and I still kick ass in Mercs, so there.

RE5's default controls were Aim with L shoot with R. That, in my opinion is unaccaptable for RE. Of course it's default, so most peeps just go with it, but not I. I immediately had to change the controls to play like RE should. It's always been Aim with R, and shoot with a face button. That's how RE is, should be, and how I play it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:27 am

Well I'm not going to completely compromise my muscle memory in order to play RE "how it should be played" which is subjective anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:43 am

Besides. If you've played GTA IV, you'll be used to shooting with shoulder buttons.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:32 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well I'm not going to completely compromise my muscle memory in order to play RE "how it should be played" which is subjective anyway.

False sir, RE has a Factive way to play it, and you missed out on that with RE5 unfortuately. Defatult ruins us alll. I choose not to play with default though.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

False sir, RE has a Factive way to play it, and you missed out on that with RE5 unfortuately. Defatult ruins us alll. I choose not to play with default though.

No, anyone can play however they want to. There is no wrong way to play it unless you're trying to hit the buttons with your ass. That's not very smart. But you could play Resident Evil 4 the way you play Resident Evil 5, if you switch the control type. Honestly, if you're trying to push a control type, that's purist bull.

A style of gameplay is like having a favorite ice cream flavor. You can't have a wrong answer.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Mercy wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

No, anyone can play however they want to. There is no wrong way to play it unless you're trying to hit the buttons with your ass. That's not very smart. But you could play Resident Evil 4 the way you play Resident Evil 5, if you switch the control type. Honestly, if you're trying to push a control type, that's purist bull.

A style of gameplay is like having a favorite ice cream flavor. You can't have a wrong answer.

Ooh you're getting pretty mouthy huh? RE's controls have always been Hold R and press a Face Button to shoot, always. They only changed it in RE5 to appeal to the mainstream shooter fans, and made it as default as that would be easier for them. While the RE fans, like myself, would have to adjust the controls to make it play like an RE game.

It feels so akward Holding L and Shooting with R in RE, especially since you are stationary while doing so, just doesn't feel right. Guess they fixed that in RE6, but I still choose to play with the RE controls.

And, in RE4 you could change the control type, but it's never Aim L shoot R, it was changing which analogue stick you use to aim, so southpaw or whatever. Or wait, it just changed whether it was inverted or not, so pressing up made you look down, that's the only control change in RE4.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:42 am

Southpaw? Go Rocky!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 am

Spike991 wrote:
While the RE fans, like myself, would have to adjust the controls to make it play like an RE game.
I never had to adjust. GTA taught me better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:31 am

I was more comfartable with RE 4 controls compared to RE 5 though i did not change them to suit me but played it with default controls. I think controls are designed by devs to play the game in a way that it was meant to than customize it to make them easier. Which is why i did not change the controller settings for DMC 3 as well though many of of the players changed it for moves like Jump cancelling and charge shots. Besides, I did not know how the controls will play right in the beginning of the game and only discovered that changing them to make them easier was realized at the end of the game. By which, I felt like tampering with the game if i change the controls.

I do agree that shooting with a face button would earn more accurate shots than Left and right buttons, although using the analog sticks can be tricky in the beginning, after a while,like completing the game, anybody can get used to it. I think the point of using left and right buttons is to feel like pulling the trigger of an actual gun. LT in XBOX definitely made me feel that way. L1 , in PS3, not really.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am

I didn't find it hard to adjust either. Using L1 to aim and R1 to shoot is very common in both first-person and third-person shooters.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Ooh you're getting pretty mouthy huh? RE's controls have always been Hold R and press a Face Button to shoot, always. They only changed it in RE5 to appeal to the mainstream shooter fans, and made it as default as that would be easier for them. While the RE fans, like myself, would have to adjust the controls to make it play like an RE game.

It feels so akward Holding L and Shooting with R in RE, especially since you are stationary while doing so, just doesn't feel right. Guess they fixed that in RE6, but I still choose to play with the RE controls.

And, in RE4 you could change the control type, but it's never Aim L shoot R, it was changing which analogue stick you use to aim, so southpaw or whatever. Or wait, it just changed whether it was inverted or not, so pressing up made you look down, that's the only control change in RE4.
Above ALL, me choosing the default over the original control type does not by any means make me any less of a Resident Evil fan than you. What you said right there is so radically purist, I thought you were better than that. Does me owning more Resident Evil action figures make me more of a fan than the next guy? No. Why should the choice of control scheme separate the true fans from false fans?

Resident Evil 4 brought in a lot of fans, people who were scared of the franchise for a long time finally had the chance to be introduced to the series. Now a ton of fans were into the series they had to make the controls more friendly to new FANS of the series. I played RE4, then RE0, then REmake, then RE5 came out and I played that, I played them all with the default controls.

Why is it wrong to make the controls easier to play in Resident Evil 5? How does that make one any less of a fan by using L to aim and R to shoot? Making the game more friendly to play is a good thing. If you like to play with the classic controls that's fine, but if you say if others don't play the way you do otherwise they're not fans of the series—like yourself—then please, kill yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil   Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil Empty

Back to top Go down

Cliff Bleszinski offers to help Capcom "fix" Resident Evil
Page 1 of 1