HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)

Go down 
+20
X13GHOST
Spike991
The CG
RaviorStygian
chocotricks
Jill Sandwich
The mastAH!
Lady Yuna
Methsia
00biohazard
VoyageTreader08
rawk82
White Rock
Mister Albert Wesker
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
Known_Hero
JPHERO
Vandal
PAULSAMSON
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
While the game itself is fantastic the amount of QTEs makes me want to punch babies.

QTEs?
Quicktime events.

Quote :
I hate the AI sometimes. Helena always took her freakin time getting to me.
I had zero problems with the AI, it worked fantastically. It ended up saving my life a few dozen times too. Using the Field Medic skill made her even more valuable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
While the game itself is fantastic the amount of QTEs makes me want to punch babies.

QTEs?

Did I mention the elevator rope climb with Leon in chapter 5? BS

I love Chris'. 'Can the chatter', 'Not on my watch', and telling that bartender to shut her mouth lolz.

Interesting what theyve done with his character. I thought it was hilarious and awesome the first time I picked up an enemy and threw em on his head.

Leon and Chris each feel like their own characters too, not generic controlsnwith different skins. I love it.

I hate the AI sometimes. Helena always took her freakin time getting to me.

I did figure out the health situation, guess its okay.

The pills, or I guess tablets remind me of Dead Aim. As does the movement/camera.

So Chris or Leon? Although im not finished with Chris' yet, I like both pretty equally...

When I played Leon campaign it took me a few tries to figure out the elevator climbing part, you have to start pushing the LT/L2 button and without letting it go change to RT/R2 and the repeat.
BTW, Chris' final chapter is the best part of the game IMO

Ada's campaign......FILLED with puzzles
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 12:31 am

That elevator climb in Leon Chapter 5 almost made me lose my faith in humanity. It was awful. I finally figured out exactly what it wanted though.

I enjoyed all the campaigns a lot and even though I had so many problems conserving ammo during Chris', I would say that it is the best as a whole. There are some seriously good, game-making moments in Chapter 3-5. And to think his was the one I was looking forward to the least.

Leon's was great in the beginning but really faltered once Chapter 3 hit. Not to say it isn't good, but I felt like the first two chapters were so awesomely done that rest of it couldn't help but regress. In fact, Chapter 1 and 2 are the best in the game, in my opinion.

Jake's is probably my least favorite, but I like it for what it is. Chapters 1, 3, and 4 were really fun while Chapter 2 is probably the worst out of the entire game. That fucking blizzard made me want to bash my head in with the Xbox controller. I still have Chapter 5 left to complete.

I can't wait for Ada's. I think it'll be really fun playing solo with her.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
White Rock wrote:
Admit it, who died in the prelude? Twisted Evil
Honestly? I didn't. I've died a lot during the actual game though. While the game itself is fantastic the amount of QTEs makes me want to punch babies.

@Known_Hero: I just checked and apparently there are only three mercs maps in the game, two of which are unlockable. While the amount of characters in mercs is impressive I think having only one default and two unlockable stages is BS.

Yeah, that really aggravates me. Even RE4 had more maps than RE6. This is nickel and diming at it's finest. You can't tell me Capcom isn't all about the money. I know most businesses are, but at least trick me into believing you care about pleasing your fanbase. The only way capcom can rectify this situation is to give us the rest of the maps for free, but we know that's not going to happen.

It sucks because I enjoy everything else about RE6.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I had zero problems with the AI, it worked fantastically. It ended up saving my life a few dozen times too. Using the Field Medic skill made her even more valuable.

Nowhere near as bad as Sheva, buttt...still had a few annoying moments.

Mainly just annoying when waiting on the groung forever because my AI partner has better things to do than picking up the player. Killing a few zombies shouldnt take priority over my character dying. Otherwise it was nice that they pretty much take care of themselves as far as health n ammo are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:39 pm

I can propably count the times my partner preferred to shoot zombies instead of helping me with the fingers of one hand. Even then, the character gets instantly there when I press the partner action button.

To me, the AI is almost flawless. I only once had to wait and it's a pretty darn good shot too.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Yeah, the AI was fantastic. Very little complaints here.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 am

The enemy A.I. is dated though. They just act like Base Majini with mutations erupting from their bodies, they run into walls, circle around. Like you can even see some of the same mocap from Resident Evil 4 in there.

Edit: Who the hell dies at the prelude…?

Last edited by Mercy on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 am

Agreed Mercy. I had noticed that when I was playing.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 am

Anyone else dissapointed that there is no notes/documents to read? No This is a first for an RE game isnt it?
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 am

Capcom will probably use Jake again. It's something I can see, being Wesker's boy and all.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:56 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Anyone else dissapointed that there is no notes/documents to read? No This is a first for an RE game isnt it?
Yes, there are. The blue emblems you shoot unlock the files in the Collectibles section found in main menu.

Kind of like collecting the Umbrella logos in Umbrella Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Yes, there are. The blue emblems you shoot unlock the files in the Collectibles section found in main menu.

Forgot about those but I would have preferred to have documents in the actual game itself but oh well.
Back to top Go down
ResEvilChick
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
ResEvilChick

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 am

I like the fact that Leon and Chris get to meet.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

Forgot about those but I would have preferred to have documents in the actual game itself but oh well.
I guess it was just to make the gameplay more fluent when playing online and such, so people won't start reading them right there. I also like the fact that you can actually read the files without the need to play through the game all over again like in RE5.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

Ditto. I hate when they inconvienance us like that. Obviously a great deal of the story is held within the Files that we have to read, and having them so obscure as those hidden blue things we have to shoot, only to be read in a separate menu of the game, not cool.

Who care is you stand around and read them with a buddy, read them together! I used to do that, like when I'd watch a friend play an RE game, like DA for instance.

There's no need to defend this astrocity, as it's just one of the little things they are slowly leaving behind, like Typewriters.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:00 am

Spike991 wrote:
it's just one of the little things they are slowly leaving behind, like Typewriters.
They still make a minor appearance in RE6 as the save icon Razz I thought that was a nice little touch.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
it's just one of the little things they are slowly leaving behind, like Typewriters.
They still make a minor appearance in RE6 as the save icon Razz I thought that was a nice little touch.

See, that's what I'm talking about. Little nods like that are much appreciated Capcom. Even if you don't continue to use typewriters, having them somewhere in the game is always nice. Shows they still care. They could also do this by always having an RE based control scheme, even if the default from here on out will be the action shooter controls.

Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Going into RE6, I didn't know what exatly to expect, considering that I'd heard some conflicting reviews about it. I knew that it wouldn't properly match up the enjoyement and suspense I got out of 1, 2, 3, or CVX, but I kept an open mind.

All I can say is that Capcom outdid themselves with this one. The game is so much more enjoyable thant RE5 was, and I'm glad we have the old Virus zombies back. I'm about half-way through Leon's campaign, and again, I'm loving it so far
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:58 pm

You bastard, you finally returned. Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
I'm glad we have the old Virus zombies back.

Those actually aren't the old virus zombies from past games. They are new C-virus infected zombays.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm

^ Thanks Razz

Spike Reaver wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

Those actually aren't the old virus zombies from past games. They are new C-virus infected zombays.

If you want to get technical about it Razz
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
^ Thanks Razz

Spike Reaver wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

If you want to get technical about it Razz

Always. Cool

Did you like the zombies with weapons, firearms?

Does anyone think they showed more zombies on screen with some of the earlier trailers. I thought I remembered seeing a shit ton of zombies on screen at once.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:38 am

They're a minor annoyance, but I don't mind them

Same, I was thinking there would be alot more zombies during the early levels with Leon
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 am

Spike Reaver wrote:

Does anyone think they showed more zombies on screen with some of the earlier trailers. I thought I remembered seeing a shit ton of zombies on screen at once.
There was one scene with Leon and Helena completely surrounded in the E3 demo, but it got changed in the final product. Now the helecopter falls down on the zombies and they all vanish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next