Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: The Last Escape

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

Resident Evil: The Last Escape Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: The Last Escape   Resident Evil: The Last Escape EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:39 pm

I already posted this over at Fanfiction.net, but I thought maybe I'd post what I've got so far on here, in case any of you guys wanted to read it. Couple notes though. This follows the games timeline, so henceforth the novels didn't happen (Duh). So, while attempting to stick as closely to canon as possible, I've basically been attempting to explain what happened to Rebecca, assuming that she was still in the city when the Outbreak happened.

And yes, I'm aware that RE3's name in Japan is "The Last Escape."

Prologue

Rushing onto the helicopter, Rebecca’s heart continued to beat faster, the adrenaline in her system refusing to leave. As Barry pulled Jill onboard, Brad pulled the copter into the air, the wind blowing past the door and filling the cabin. As he pulled it shut, Barry watched as the Mansion disappeared into a furious scene of fire and smoke, the noise of the blast echoing into inside. Leaning her head back against the somewhat cool metal, Rebecca sighed, trying desperately to calm her breathing. It was finally over, they had escaped, there was no possible way that the creatures could get them now. The only thing left to do was get back to headquarters, and report what had happened.

The entire copter shook as something slammed into it, causing Brad to momentarily lose control. As they began to fly towards the trees below, he pulled hard up on the stick, finally managing to get them back to a safe height, albeit still not as high as they had been before. Whatever had hit them was still on hanging onto the copter, gradually dragging them down.

Slamming a few rounds into his Magnum, Barry pushed the door open slightly, trying to see if he could spot what had hit them, his trigger finger twitching slightly. He had seen enough over the past few hours to still have his mind on edge.

“Can you see anything, Barry?” Jill asked, pulling the clip out of her Beretta, and grimacing as she saw what little ammo she had left.

“Nothing.” He replied, turning back towards the group. “Brad, are you sure you didn’t have a spasm or somethi…” Before he could finish his sentence, he saw their eyes light up as one of the Tyrant’s claws appeared in the middle of the chest, blood beginning to flow quickly out from around the wound. Looking down at it, Barry dropped the Magnum, the weapon falling to the floor with a clang before he heard Rebecca scream. As the Tyrant pulled its claw out from his chest, he felt his body falling backwards, gravity quickly pulling him towards the Earth.

Scrambling to grab her pistol, Rebecca looked down to find the weapon gone from its place on her belt. She must have dropped it when she had dashed for the copter. With the realization rushing through her mind, she looked up to see the Tyrant forcing itself into the cabin, Barry’s blood still flowing down its ‘arm’. As its eyes turned upon her, she screamed once again, shutting her eyes as hard as she could.

Her body thrusting forward in her bed, Rebecca could feel her entire body covered in a cold sweat. All around her, the apartment was utterly silent, save for the echoing sounds of the chaos unfolding outside. Rubbing some of the sweat on her forehead off onto her arm, she could hear the dog-tags clanging around on her neck. Swinging her legs over the side of her bed, she approached the window, almost entirely sure of what she was going to see.

Outside, the fires continued to blaze, casting shadows onto the opposite wall. Watching them, she fiddled with the dog tags that hung around her neck. She could feel the name engraved into them, and it brought back a thousand images from the hellish-nightmares that Umbrella had brought upon all of them, the horror that had happened two months ago still fresh in her mind.

Still, nothing had prepared them for what was happening now.

The streets were littered with the dead and the dying, the fires that burned without hesitation, and the sounds of the undead, their moaning never ceasing for one second. Whatever had been inside of that Mansion, it had leaked out into the entire city, and they had been powerless to stop it. The RPD had tried to fight it, and they had failed. Miserably. Whatever remaining members of S.T.A.R.S. that had been left after the slaughter in the Arklay Mountains had already left town, save for herself and Jill. And in the end, it had been for the best.

Raccoon City had become a wasteland.

The sound of the floor creaking reached her ears, and reaching underneath her pillow, Rebecca grabbed her Beretta and rapidly aimed it towards the door as instinct took over her body. As the sound grew closer and closer, she flicked the safety off, and closed her left eye, her vision focused on the iron-sight at the end of the barrel. She knew that the clip inside the gun was fully loaded, and there were more clips in the box underneath the bed. Still, she remembered the advice that Chris had given her. Aim for the head.

The door knob began to rattle, the sound of it growing more and more intense with each passing second. Inside her chest, Rebecca could feel her heart beating slightly faster. The groaning outside the window continued to seep through the small cracks along the edge and it filled the room, becoming somewhat of an occupant sound to the entire scene.

Remember, aim for the head, don't waste ammo. She mentally told her herself. Finally the door began to creak open, inch by inch, the small light outside the bedroom creeping into the room. Standing completely still, hardly even breathing, Rebecca kept the gun in front of her, its focus never leaving the doorway. Her finger began to pull back on the trigger…

"Rebecca?" A voice said, the sound of it entering the room as the door swung out completely. As Jill's form entered the room, Rebecca lowered the gun.

"Jill! You know you could have called. I was within seconds of putting a bullet through the door." She half-teased, half-scolded at her fellow S.T.A.R.S. member. Jill's response was a small smile, although it was laced with the sadness that had been a normal feature upon her since the Mansion incident. Casting a glance outside, that smile disappeared from her face. Following her gaze, Rebecca took a step back towards the window. Outside, the fires were spreading amongst some of the wood-based storefronts that adorned the street.

"It's getting worse." Jill said, her words escaping from her lips with no emotion. Turning her head back towards Jill, Rebecca still held the Beretta in her right hand, and she quickly flicked the safety back on.

"What do you mean?"

"We're not going to be able to fight this off. The entire city is infected, Becca, and all the ammo in the world couldn't stop it. Umbrella knows that, and it wouldn't surprise me if they're working out some deal with the government to do something about it."

"So what are we going to do?" She asked, already reaching for her boots from where they lay underneath the bed frame.

"Not me, you." Jill answered, pulling out the magazine from her pistol, and giving a moment's glance at the number of rounds in it. "I'm staying. There are still survivors out there, and I intend on finding them. You have to get out of here while you still can."

"You mean abandon you." Rebecca's tone was serious, and the sentence came out more as a statement than a question.

"No. Someone needs to get word of what's really happened here to the outside world. You can do exactly that."

"What about Chris?" At the mention of the S.T.A.R.S. member, Jill's eyes turned slightly sad. Chris had been gone for a month now, remaining completely silent wherever he was. No-one had recieved any word from him, or Barry for that matter.

"Wherever he is, we can only assume he's doing the best that he can." She replied, slamming the magazine back into the gun. "Still, it's better to be safe than sorry."

"But-" Rebecca started before Jill held up a hand to stop her.

"We owe it to them." She interrupted, referring to their fallen S.T.A.R.S. members. Her vision falling to the floor, Rebecca saw each of their faces momentarily pass through her eyes. Richard, Kenneth, Enrico, Edward, Forrest. All of them dead. Taking a step towards her, Jill placed her hand on the younger woman's shoulder.

"Alright." She answered, turning her gaze back onto the woman standing in front of her.

"Are you set on ammo?" Jill asked, looking around the room. Setting her pistol down, Rebecca pulled the ammunition box out from underneath the bed, and opened it, revealing a few clips of handgun ammunition stacked amongst a few shotgun shells that she had saved based on pure instinct.

"Yeah, I'm good." She replied, causing Jill to give her a small grin again.

"Alright, I know that the National Guard has at least started to set up a quarantine around the city. If you can get to them, there's a chance they'll let you through. I don't know how crowded it'll be there, or even if anyone's made it there. Still, that's your best shot." Giving her a nod, Rebecca watched as Jill headed for the door.

"Jill?" Rebecca asked, causing the S.T.A.R.S. member to stop and give her once last glance. "Take care."

"You too, Becky." Jill replied, and with that, she was gone. Outside the groans of the undead continued, accompanied by the on-and-off again sounds of gunfire. Occasionally, a helicopter would fly overhead, its light cycling across the destroyed landscape. As she finished lacing her boots, Rebecca began to load the clips into her belt, the dog-tags around her neck clanging against each other in the process. Giving a quick glance around the room, she grabbed her small medical kit from where it laid on top of an otherwise empty shelf.

Outside, there was the sound of what sounded like military issue boots running across the concrete sidewalk, and then, as quickly as they appeared, they were gone. Just as Jill said, there were survivors. Not many, but there were some. Grabbing her pistol, Rebecca gave the room one last glance, and then, as she walked through the door, began her escape from Raccoon City.
Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: The Last Escape
Page 1 of 1