Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Outbreak 1-2 Discussion

Go down 
+5
Voltius
DXP
RaviorStygian
Methsia
Prince of Judah
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

Outbreak 1-2 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:54 pm

I bought file 2 at Gamestop and I haven't played it yet. I want to know if the friendly AI is remotely self sufficient enough to survive on their own and actually help me. I am a huge fan of games with friendly AI. I suppose it's something that amuses me, but i really don't want to waste my time if my allies actually make the game harder rather than easier.

Last edited by Prince of Judah on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:09 pm

I think you'll find a balance of both Good and Bad. Depends on what character it is, actually.

Then again, I really haven't played in ages. But I might play some tonight.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Which characters are not stupid?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:16 pm

King Saul wrote:
Which characters are not stupid?
I don't think any of them are really "stupid." It's all subjective.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Okay but are there any npcs that are more useful than others? If so, please name the useful ones.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:46 pm

David is a loner therefore he won't follow you when you ask him to do something, Mark hates Kevin because he's security and he's a cop(no idea why) Yoko and Cindy afaik are helpful. Alyssa I think she is semi useful if you give her what she needs(considering she's a reporter) Jim is useless he just runs away from everything, George is the same as Cindy and Yoko but I think he has some exceptions. On higher difficulties decisions can be catastrophic so choose carefully.

So when making your teams pick the right ones for the right situations, I think these stats also pass onto the NPC characters as well, that's another thing I found about outbreak that was cool was how each character had her/his own personality and if you picked a character they didn't like they would not listen to you.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks A LOT DXP! That is exactly the info I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 pm

I can't believe you guys actually gave this poor soul hope.

ABANDON ALL HOPE, the AI are very very very bad.

Especially in Wild Things, no matter how many times I play on easy, it's very rare for any of my ai partners to be alive. They always die.

The problems are numerous, you can't control the ai, you can't tell them to stay put or hurry up. They'll put down shotgun shells and pick up brooms, you have to take care of them every step of the way and even then, they're still hard to keep alive. I was able to keep them alive for other campaigns like Flashback, Underbelly, etc... but in Wild Things they just died.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 am

Voltius wrote:
ABANDON ALL HOPE, the AI are very very very bad.
Oh shush. I've never had any problem with the AI, at least not on normal. Hell, David once disappeared only to return with two shotguns and a room full of dead lickers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 pm

That is freaking impressive! The AI hasn't been too bad, although it's a tad bit stupider than I'd like. Yoko usually refuses to pick up ammo in a given room for her 9mm.

Anywho, any advice on the damn infecto-meter? it goes up a little to fast for my liking.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:21 pm

The infected meter can be temporarily stopped by picking up anti-virus tablets,anti-virus sprays or hell using any herb or F-Aid Spray and using them, which one you use has a different rate of degradation before the timer starts up again think F-aid's last the longest(but I haven't played outbreak in a while) Cindy has her herb ability and George can make pills with his (if I remember outbreak file 2 100%) if you have any of them in your team you should last a lot longer.

And another thing avoid enemies like the plague they cause the virus meter to rise quicker...and one more thing each person's infected rate is different Kevin's I think rises the quickest and Mark's is less(again I haven't played it in years)
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:14 am

I was playing as Kevin. That might explain why it was going up so fast. Are there cheats that I can use to stop the meter so that I can get a better feel of the game?

EDIT: Well I haven't been able to get out of the train station, there is no .45 ammo, and I was overwhelmed by an assload of zombies in a narrow corridor.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:44 am

I'd also like to add that Jim's "Play Dead" ability makes the meter go faster. As for cheats, there's Gameshark.

Kevin's .45 ammo is RARE. That gun is for emergencies only.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:19 am

Awww you guys make me want to play these so bad... I think I will when I get home from work later now, make my sister hand over the PS2 so I can use my good ole MC and dress up as Monica. Oh the nostalgia!

Also I'd like to say I've never had much of a problem with the AI. At most I've lost both of my partners, but that was typically during the final boss battle on certain stages.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'd also like to add that Jim's "Play Dead" ability makes the meter go faster. As for cheats, there's Gameshark.

Kevin's .45 ammo is RARE. That gun is for emergencies only.

Forgot about Jim he's so useless even his special skill makes him turn into a zombie quicker. And yes Kevin's .45 ammo is rarer than Barry Burton's beard falling off.

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Awww you guys make me want to play these so bad... I think I will when I get home from work later now, make my sister hand over the PS2 so I can use my good ole MC and dress up as Monica. Oh the nostalgia!

Also I'd like to say I've never had much of a problem with the AI. At most I've lost both of my partners, but that was typically during the final boss battle on certain stages.

I really want to replay it now all I need is to set my ps2 up, damn outbreak had so much potential shame we won't see OB3 anytime soon =(
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 pm

OB3 needs to come out for the PC and not just consoles if it ever does.
Back to top Go down
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Atleast the AI in this game were actually useful most of the time rather than just standing like Sheva. I also like how different AI react differently.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Prince of Judah wrote:

Capcom's idea of a re-release is 1 and 2 without online support on ps3 classics =_= wasted opportunity.

Evil Rage42 wrote:
Atleast the AI in this game were actually useful most of the time rather than just standing like Sheva. I also like how different AI react differently.

You sir win one Internets for that evaluation =P
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:32 am

DXP wrote:
Prince of Judah wrote:

Capcom's idea of a re-release is 1 and 2 without online support on ps3 classics =_= wasted opportunity.
Is that a thing that's actually happening?

As for the possible File#3, in this day and age it would most likely be ported to the PC too.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Is that a thing that's actually happening?

As for the possible File#3, in this day and age it would most likely be ported to the PC too.

Afaik it's still happening they just haven't confirmed a release date yet. I wish they would do a file#3 on pc with proper microphone support that would be bad ass.

Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah that would be the greatest game of all time =D.

EDIT:

How frequently do NPCs show up, specifically armed NPCs, in both outbreaks?
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 pm

This is an old topic but I don't see any reason to not use it by starting a new thread.

How different is Easy from Normal? Does it change the AI? Does it effect the speed of infection, damage of enemies and health? How does it work? I might be putting this on twitch with my friend.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:18 pm

There has been heavy discussion on the Steam forums regarding Outbreak 1 and 2 coming to Steam. Not that it will change anything, but Outbreak seems to be a hot topic right now.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:53 am

Prince of Judah wrote:
This is an old topic but I don't see any reason to not use it by starting a new thread.

How different is Easy from Normal? Does it change the AI? Does it effect the speed of infection, damage of enemies and health? How does it work? I might be putting this on twitch with my friend.

Easy makes the infection cauge go down very slowly and you take less damage. I'm not sure if the difficulty has anything to do with puzzle items but I would assume it'd be easier to find ammo and health on easy.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:06 am

I played it for about 15 minutes on twitch last night. It took me many hours to get game capture working. Well it would not surprise me if Outbreak was ported to the PC. But my concern is that it wont be properly modified for communication that works well. Also, even if they only charge 19.99 for it, that price is too steep for me, and it will be for a long time to come. I already purchased the Outbreaks for the PS2, and it would be nice if Outbreak was free to those who prove to Capcom via photographs they purchased it in the past.

http://www.twitch.tv/benyohanan/b/505077542

I may delete the video in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak 1-2 Discussion   Outbreak 1-2 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Outbreak 1-2 Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next