HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Should Alice get her superpowers back?

Go down 
+15
RebelliousQueen
leonskennedy232
undeaddragoness82
Sargent D
Methsia
NiteKrawler
Spike991
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
ChickenHeart
Ghost Leader
00biohazard
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
Vandal
Nerwen
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nerwen
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Should Alice get her superpowers back? Empty
PostSubject: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:51 pm

I think she should and IMHO it´s not that absurd if you recall the scene in Afterlife where she touches the blood and then has a vision of the man while he was eaten, maybe they wanted to hint that her powers are not entirely gone?!?! So that they will come to the surface slowly, that would be the best solution to make her not too powerfull -and let her use her telekinetic powers not too often because that would weaken her- that is the only problem with the powers, there was almost no question if she would win the fight, but if the enemy gets stronger (through that parasite) then it could be interesting.
And it would be just cool and if the enemy is strong enough there wouldn´t be a problem, and I read somewhere that the undead will get stronger cause of the parasite.
I just love Alice.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Huh, I always thought Alice had a pulsing tumor on her left-side of the brain and she's actually in a coma dreaming that she has super powers and she's fighting zombies as she twitches silently in the white sheets of a hospital bed drooling with a crooked smile.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 pm

I just love Mercy's quirky humor.

My opinion on the matter at hand is this: hell no. Anderson realized that a overpowered main character blows (maybe through angry mail?) and took her powers away. They even killed all the clones off because they were a lame plot twist. I still didn't like HOW they killed them off and how quickly it was over. She's taking the spotlight too much as is so giving her the telekinesis and other such things back would only make her even more of a Mary Sue character than she already is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

My opinion on the matter at hand is this: hell no. Anderson realized that a overpowered main character blows (maybe through angry mail?) and took her powers away. They even killed all the clones off because they were a lame plot twist. I still didn't like HOW they killed them off and how quickly it was over. She's taking the spotlight too much as is so giving her the telekinesis and other such things back would only make her even more of a Mary Sue character than she already is.

If Anderson really reads the angry mail, he would have comitted suicide a lot time ago, and yes, the super powers and the clone were lame
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

If Anderson really reads the angry mail, he would have comitted suicide a lot time ago, and yes, the super powers and the clone were lame

If he were to read fan mail this franchise wouldve ended. Besides, in afterlife, she supposedley didnt have powers, but could do super fricking kicks against the executioner, has super friggin powers when she faced the dogs and she jumps off frickin buildings. BUILDINGS.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:10 pm

The last movie made no sense anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Funny, Jill was doing all kinds of flip kicks and whatnot all under her own physical ability in RE5. How is it wrong that Alice can do the same thing?

As for the super powers, no thanks. I liked her better when she was normal.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
If Anderson really reads the angry mail, he would have comitted suicide a lot time ago
The fuck? The guy should kill himself just because a few people don't like his movies? What the hell is wrong with you? You think suicide is some kind of fucking joke? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 pm

I didn't like the superpowers but yeah it's a good reason to hate on the movies I mean the games never have anything ridiuclous in them or anything...

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:14 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
I didn't like the superpowers but yeah it's a good reason to hate on the movies I mean the games never have anything ridiuclous in them or anything...

To be fair, though, Chris and his habit of punching boulders has gotten its fair share of hate on this site alone. Razz

A better comparison might be Wesker and how he got his abilities through a virus, which is consequently the same way Alice got hers.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:14 am

I can still take super speed and strength in opposed to telekinesis and magical shields.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I can still take super speed and strength in opposed to telekinesis and magical shields.
That's irrelevant, though. Super powers are super powers, and Wesker and Alice both got them from a virus. Criticizing Alice's powers while sitting back and accepting Wesker's is hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:06 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
That's irrelevant, though. Super powers are super powers, and Wesker and Alice both got them from a virus. Criticizing Alice's powers while sitting back and accepting Wesker's is hypocritical.
I didn't mean it that way. Alexia got pyrokinesis and Morpheus got electric powers so yeah, it can be done in RE. What I meant that I prefer having just superhuman speed or whatnot on characters rather than these obscure powers. Strength and speed are just physical attributes while telekinesis/pyrokinesis/etc. are not. That makes it more plausible, at least to me.
Back to top Go down
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:49 am

She could kick pretty hard in the first one, before the powers. I like them, but if she gets them back or not, wont change the awesomeness of the movies (AWESOME)
Back to top Go down
Nerwen
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:49 pm

I think it would add more depth to her character if she has this powers, while she obviously doesn´t wanna have them and then she somehow has to deal with it and lets face it, it would just be so cool, they could do so much with it and I have the feeling that they are back, otherwise why did she have this vision in Afterlife when she was supposed to have no powers anymore? If it wasn´t for implying to the fans that they are still there, I don´t know hat the reason was. I really love Alice, but her being an ordianry human is kinda boring IMHO.

Last edited by Nerwen on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:01 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I didn't like the TK, though I think I remember Perry referring to Alexia's powers, especially her bond with that Hive thing to be telekenetic or something....don't remember exactly, but I hated the way she described it in her CV novel.

As for finding either of their(Wesker and Alice) powers acceptable....I think that Wesker's were perfectly reasonable in CVX...Alice's too by Apocolypse, minus the ending. But I find RE5 Wesker's powers unreasonable, just like Alice's TK stuff...

I really hate Wesker's abilities in RE5, it's just not him at all...I really cannot understand how people accept that... Neutral
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I didn't like the TK, though I think I remember Perry referring to Alexia's powers, especially her bond with that Hive thing to be telekenetic or something....don't remember exactly, but I hated the way she described it in her CV novel.

As for finding either of their(Wesker and Alice) powers acceptable....I think that Wesker's were perfectly reasonable in CVX...Alice's too by Apocolypse, minus the ending. But I find RE5 Wesker's powers unreasonable, just like Alice's TK stuff...

I really hate Wesker's abilities in RE5, it's just not him at all...I really cannot understand how people accept that... Neutral

Not like him at all?one cant begin to ponder what effects and what new powers the PG67AW that birkin created for him could give him over time. And having a whole multi national corportion to continue investigating to perfect the virus and give him further abilities have to be taken in to consideration as well. I think it is perfectly wesker...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Just for the record, what many people (including you, Spike) refer to as "teleportation" in regards to Wesker's abilities isn't actually teleportation, he's just moving really, really fast.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Just for the record, what many people (including you, Spike) refer to as "teleportation" in regards to Wesker's abilities isn't actually teleportation, he's just moving really, really fast.
I dont refer to it as teleportation. In fact, i always say that we've seen guys like krauser and saddler do the same thing, just seeing wesker do all that in cutscenes blew peoples minds apparently.

@Bio, it didnt seem like his powers changed at all since, shall we say CVX, but rather he all of a sudden had some extensive martial arts and gymnast background. thats what i mean when i say innappropriate.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Spike991 wrote:
but rather he all of a sudden had some extensive martial arts and gymnast background. thats what i mean when i say innappropriate.
How do you know he didn't have that before injecting the virus?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:58 am

Of course she should get her powers back. She's my favorite RE character. I'd like to see her eventually becoming as powerful as Darkseid, of DC lore, though. That would be awesome. The movies are just too cool for school to be honest. Except for Degeneration and 4D Executer. They were awful. RE1 sucked too.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
but rather he all of a sudden had some extensive martial arts and gymnast background. thats what i mean when i say innappropriate.

Don't sit there and play the What If game GL. We all know that this guy wasn't fucking Chuck Norris or somebody like that.

He was basically a damn nerd. And actually that's what I always liked about him. Not so much being a nerd, but yeah, that and just how human and normal he was in so many ways like that. I mean he wasn't this over-the-top annoying-ass supervillian that's portrayed by DC Douglas and particularly RE5 Wesker...

Even IF he did have that knowledge before, why the hell would it only come into play a decade later, and not a peep be seen prior to?

Point being that they made Wesker's character into something he wasn't. That's the bottom line.

@Nite, I'm glad you're finally gettin' with the program. silent
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:45 am

So the answer to the question of this topic is no. No no no no bloody hell god almighty no. Even the members who enjoy the films say no, because no matter who you are her powers leave a bad taste in your mouth unless you have a mental condition. Super powers in a zombie apocalypse is retarded. There's no need for survival because you have fucking Super powers. It's. Not like Marvel Zombies either, because at least all the zombies were the super powered ones. What's scarier than Wolverine? Zombie Wolverine.  But this is basically like Superman vs. Zombies. You know how boring that would be? He would just fly up and use heat vision! That's it. The end.

Alice should not get metaphysical abilities as much as any character should. Looking at you Wesker and Jill.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:43 am

I say she shouldn't get her super powers back.

It's like she should fight as real resident evil characters would,
guns and all the such. Luck and coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Don't sit there and play the What If game GL. We all know that this guy wasn't fucking Chuck Norris or somebody like that.

He was basically a damn nerd. And actually that's what I always liked about him. Not so much being a nerd, but yeah, that and just how human and normal he was in so many ways like that. I mean he wasn't this over-the-top annoying-ass supervillian that's portrayed by DC Douglas and particularly RE5 Wesker...

Even IF he did have that knowledge before, why the hell would it only come into play a decade later, and not a peep be seen prior to?

Point being that they made Wesker's character into something he wasn't. That's the bottom line.

@Nite, I'm glad you're finally gettin' with the program. silent
Maybe the same reason Jill only started acting like an ex-Delta after that same decade? Rolling Eyes It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that Wesker had previous training in hand to hand combat.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Just want to throw this in: I always felt Birkin was the nerdy one. I never saw Albert as a nerd. I'm sure he had some training in combat which he no doubt employed during his time in STARS. His original introduction in the handbook even states he was a "cool guy". No mention of being a weak nerd...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Alice get her superpowers back?   Should Alice get her superpowers back? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Alice get her superpowers back?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next