HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Whats the last game you got?

Go down 
+64
wazthatme
Pau Diaz
Outbreakgirl
leonskennedy232
Sundown31
Patrick Wesker
halestride
NiteKrawler
SuperMasterGamer
hunter destroyer
sirjibbs323
Known_Hero
Ssplain
Mcghie
valereth
Wesker's Fanboy
ZombieGirl
Limey
Cyberization
seldin
AWDCP
SWITCHMYND
DivideByZero
Ghost Leader
ThomVD
Xannidel
PWNERX
MSR
Valentine Fan
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Lightning Count
GTMippey
Industrial Ridden
RebelliousQueen
RaviorStygian
DonREfan
will1234562
Incompetent Barry
Trichos
Teh Black Cat
Albert Wes
37 Narwhals
JamTyrantH
ChrisSherry
Nobudy
S.Winters
frodomir
chrisredfield84
Methsia
Vandal
00biohazard
Lady Yuna
ZombiePrincess
Godzilla90s
The mastAH!
chocotricks
ChickenHeart
weskersbarber
PAULSAMSON
Spike991
Bub537
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
Sithis Malkira
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I had that on my computer and I was planning on burning it onto a disc to play it on my Dreamcast. Trust me, it's not that good. At all.

I'll still burn the disc when I get my computer back. It might've been slow and boring but at least it's not Missions.

Yeah I know I played it.
It was more novelty than fun to be fair.
I think it was a mod of popular punch-em-up game at the time but I can't remember what the original game was.
I also can't believe small developers still make games for the dreamcast, it's crazy I'm forever seeing updated ISO for the DC.
The DC was truly one of the greatest consoles I ever played and the library for it was outstanding.
Also you could Overclock the DC's CPU and make it run faster which was awesome.
So much so that Jet Set Radio never had a single framerate slowdown again (We all know how much FPS drop that game had at times o_O lol )
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network fsmetal
Steam : fs_metal

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Mcghie wrote:
valereth wrote:

I do not have the PC version of RE4. Gamecube and PS2. Those are the versions that I have. The controls are definitely much improved. The fact the Leon actually moves where you point the thumb stick, alone, is proof of that.,

Well you wont know the difference then.
As far as I know Resident Evil 2 is programmed the same as every other video game.
Once an input is registered the code will execute that specific command and give the result in which it was designed to give.
I will yet again refer you to my previous post in which I explain simply how the camera perspectives effect the control scheme and feel to the character physics.
I will now explain it again in a little more detail.
right lets say for instance the static camera is positioned pointing up a corridor and your character is running down that corridor towards the camera, the input in which to run in that direction would be the "down arrow key/analogue", now lets say the corridor turns to the left and the next camera position is down at the bottom of the next part of the corridor then turning that corner you would then press and hold the "left arrow button(left analogue)" in order to turn that corner to continue down the next part.
Now at that exact point of the camera position changing to the next scene it would then switch up the perspective and then the code would follow it's usual pattern in which you would have to then press and hold the "down arrow key/analogue".
This is what tripped people up in older RE titles and made the controls feel awkward because there was maybe 3 or more different camera positions in one area boundary.
You see it was nothing to do wit the control scheme being "sluggish" or "less smooth", it was all to do with the camera angles executing different perspectives and thus constantly tripping up the input commands for the controller.
You don't get that problem with RE4 as the camera fluidly follows behind the character and like I pointed out in my earlier comment this also gives the apparent feeling of smoother motion as the player is basically following the characters every move and angle.  

P.S - Trust me if you where to get PC copy of RE4 and download the mod you would most definitely see there is no difference.
The only difference would be that little extra smoothness you get from the FPS rendering but that's all really.
Apart from that the character movements still feel as if it where RE2.
Bare in mind that it's next to impossible to play the full of RE4 in this mod as you've not got the lock on aiming system that the older games had.
It's more of a what if RE4 had static camera angles and in this case gives an accurate comparison to the debate at hand.        
Your previous post ignores the fact that the control scheme was different for RE4 and better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.digital-delirium.com
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:11 am

valereth wrote:

Your previous post ignores the fact that the control scheme was different for RE4 and better.

This reply yet again ignores everything that I said.
Either that or you just can't read.
Control scheme is the same. Simple as that.
Physics are updated slightly but as far as I remember to move the character you used up, down, left and right on the analogue stick.
Unless there was some secret control scheme that you played with that I'v never seen before ?
As for my previous post, if you don't understand it then at least don't discard what I said and reply with something I already covered.
If you had read fully you would have seen I went into detail not just on RE2 but about how camera perspectives effect ones gaming experience and why it does so.
Also I covered why RE4 is smoother, its running at a higher render rate due to the fact it was on GC/PS2 which has far better hardware configuration than the PS1.
However RE2 on the PC runs at a higher FPS and you can really feel how smooth it is.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Mcghie wrote:
valereth wrote:

This reply yet again ignores everything that I said.
Either that or you just can't read.
Control scheme is the same. Simple as that.
Physics are updated slightly but as far as I remember to move the character you used up, down, left and right on the analogue stick.
Unless there was some secret control scheme that you played with that I'v never seen before ?
As for my previous post, if you don't understand it then at least don't discard what I said and reply with something I already covered.
If you had read fully you would have seen I went into detail not just on RE2 but about how camera perspectives effect ones gaming experience and why it does so.
Also I covered why RE4 is smoother, its running at a higher render rate due to the fact it was on GC/PS2 which has far better hardware configuration than the PS1.
However RE2 on the PC runs at a higher FPS and you can really feel how smooth it is.  
If you are going to ignore facts, why should I pay attention to what you say? Re4 dopes have a new and better control scheme. That is a fact.,

Also, Code Veronica was built on much more powerful hardware, and it still has the sluggish, crappy controls of the previoius games. Argument disproven.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:14 pm

You can deny it all you want, but the fact remains that RE4's controls are pretty much button-for-button identical to previous games.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
You can deny it all you want, but the fact remains that RE4's controls are pretty much button-for-button identical to previous games.
You can deny i8t alkl you want, but the fact remains that RE4's controls are pretty much button-for-button vastly improved from previous games
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:37 pm

It's just the angles. If you don't want to believe us, try it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:05 am

valereth wrote:

If you are going to ignore facts, why should I pay attention to what you say? Re4 dopes have a new and better control scheme. That is a fact.,

Also, Code Veronica was built on much more powerful hardware, and it still has the sluggish, crappy controls of the previoius games. Argument disproven.

It's like banging my head against a brick wall trying to get through to you.
The matter of the fact is I've explained EVERYTHING that needs to be explained.
From camera perspectives, difference in aperture effecting the feel of what you are seeing, Physics mechanics, frame-rate rendering,
Static and dynamic, how certain creative effects help create better or a more fluid feeling motion.
I also previously said RE4 felt smoother and then AGAIN EXPLAINED WHY in FULL DETAIL.
If you can't seem to take information that will create a better understanding for yourself in regards to game design then that's your problem.
I forgot you know better, what do I know, not like I study elements such as this now, is it.

When did REF turn into Youtube, where people can't have discussion or even gain knowledge from each other.
Everything just turns into a complete "pissing match" now. -_-
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:53 am

valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
You can deny i8t alkl you want, but the fact remains that RE4's controls are pretty much button-for-button vastly improved from previous games
Wow, I'm sure convinced now! Rolling Eyes It's obvious to everyone here that you clearly have no solid basis to validate your claim. All you can do is ignorantly brush everything that myself, Vandal, Narwhals, and Mcghie have said aside simply because it doesn't conform to what you want to believe. You might as well just be holding your hands over your ears and repeatedly shouting "you're wrong" louder than anyone else around you is talking.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:06 am

@Valereth: Tell us then, what in the control scheme changed, aside from the new knife buttons? If you press up in an old RE game, your character moves forward, if you press left, your character turns left, if you press right, your character turns right, if you press down, your character moves backwards. This works exactly the same as in RE4. If the camera angle faces the character and you press up, the character will work towards you, because that's forwards for him/her. Sure, controlling the character feels different in RE4 (because of the camera), but the control scheme is the exactly same (aside from using the knife), and that's a fact.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Vandal wrote:
It's just the angles. If you don't want to believe us, try it yourself.
I have beaten it several times. It is a lot more than just the angles.

Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Wow, I'm sure convinced now! :roll:It's obvious to everyone here that you clearly have no solid basis to validate your claim. All you can do is ignorantly brush everything that myself, Vandal, Narwhals, and Mcghie have said aside simply because it doesn't conform to what you want to believe. You might as well just be holding your hands over your ears and repeatedly shouting "you're wrong" louder than anyone else around you is talking.
If the controls had not been fixed, it would take half a freaking hour to turn around, and you would get stuck on walls all the time. You don't. The controls are much improved. That is a fact. GEt over it already.

Mcghie wrote:
valereth wrote:

It's like banging my head against a brick wall trying to get through to you.
The matter of the fact is I've explained EVERYTHING that needs to be explained.
From camera perspectives, difference in aperture effecting the feel of what you are seeing, Physics mechanics, frame-rate rendering,
Static and dynamic, how certain creative effects help create better or a more fluid feeling motion.
I also previously said RE4 felt smoother and then AGAIN EXPLAINED WHY in FULL DETAIL.
If you can't seem to take information that will create a better understanding for yourself in regards to game design then that's your problem.
I forgot you know better, what do I know, not like I study elements such as this now, is it.

When did REF turn into Youtube, where people can't have discussion or even gain knowledge from each other.
Everything just turns into a complete "pissing match" now. -_-
The matter of the fact is that you've ignored facts, dude.

ThomVD wrote:
@Valereth: Tell us then, what in the control scheme changed, aside from the new knife buttons? If you press up in an old RE game, your character moves forward, if you press left, your character turns left, if you press right, your character turns right, if you press down, your character moves backwards. This works exactly the same as in RE4. If the camera angle faces the character and you press up, the character will work towards you, because that's forwards for him/her. Sure, controlling the character feels different in RE4 (because of the camera), but the control scheme is the exactly same (aside from using the knife), and that's a fact.
You can actually aim in RE4. You turn much easier than in previous games. You do not get stuck on walls like in previous games. It is just...so much better in every single way. It is smoother. It is faster. It is much more precise.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:52 pm

valereth wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
You can actually aim in RE4. You turn much easier than in previous games. You do not get stuck on walls like in previous games. It is just...so much better in every single way. It is smoother. It is faster. It is much more precise.

Do you even know what "control scheme" means?
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:06 pm

ThomVD wrote:
valereth wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I am beginning to wonder this very question about you all. I do. Do you?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:25 pm

valereth wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
valereth wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I am beginning to wonder this very question about you all. I do. Do you?

Let's do this step by step. RE4 has tank controls, just like the old RE games, you agree?
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:31 pm

No. It does not feel like you are controlling a tank in RE4 like it does in 1-3 and CV.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:56 pm

RE 1-5 all have tank controls. This simply means that no matter what, you push up to go forward. And you must turn yourself manually to actually turn. I haven't played RE 6 but I assume it also has tank controls. If you say RE4 does not have tank controls, that just means you don't know what tank controls are.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:00 pm

valereth wrote:
No. It does not feel like you are controlling a tank in RE4 like it does in 1-3 and CV.

Right, it does not FEEL like it, and that's because of the camera in RE4. You can't strafe in RE4, you have to press up to move forward and left and right to turn left/right, and NOT to move left/right. That's the meaning of tank controls. In older RE's, those tank controls are harder to use due to the camera angles, but that does not take away the fact that both those older games AND RE4 have tank controls.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:16 pm

So RE4 does not have tank controls. Instead of going in whatever direction when you push up, Leon goes where you point him.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:57 pm

valereth wrote:
So RE4 does not have tank controls. Instead of going in whatever direction when you push up, Leon goes where you point him.

Dude, replay the game and come back to us.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:02 pm

No. Just learn the definition of tank controls. Do you ever, at any time in RE4, press right, left, or down or ANYTHING other than forward on the joystick to move forward? No. That is tank controls.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:53 pm

I've added a game to the PS3 family. That game, is Resident Evil Revelations. In 2 months time, GTA V.

And pretty much every main game before 6 had tank controls. I don't see this much, but people actually complained that 6 didn't have tank controls despite complaining of tank controls in the past.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 7:26 pm

valereth wrote:

I've already explained this to you in detail.
ITS BECAUSE SINCE RE4 THE GAME HAS CHANGED TO A DYNAMIC CAMERA SETUP THE CAMERA FOLLOWS THE CHARACTER.
I'm not going to fucking repeat myself for the fifth time and explain why this has an impact on the feeling of movement.
It's all camera perspectives.
I know I already told you to check it out but now I'm telling you in order to gain a perspective on the subject please for your own sake get RE4 for the PC and
download the mod I was referencing in my earlier posts.
I will even rip my copy of the game and send you it personally if it will get you understand better.
Either that or study game design, however the later could take years so I'd advice you to stick with the first option.  
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Can I have that game rip?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:31 pm

valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
valereth wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Wow, I'm sure convinced now! :roll:It's obvious to everyone here that you clearly have no solid basis to validate your claim. All you can do is ignorantly brush everything that myself, Vandal, Narwhals, and Mcghie have said aside simply because it doesn't conform to what you want to believe. You might as well just be holding your hands over your ears and repeatedly shouting "you're wrong" louder than anyone else around you is talking.
If the controls had not been fixed, it would take half a freaking hour to turn around, and you would get stuck on walls all the time. You don't. The controls are much improved. That is a fact. GEt over it already.
You're right, it doesn't take me half an hour to turn around. It never did in the entire history of this franchise. Nor have I ever had issues with getting "stuck on walls", whatever the hell that means. The only difference between RE4 and its predecessors is, as has already been stated but you continue to ignore, the camera angle and more powerful hardware making it run more fluidly. The controls themselves are almost button-for-button the same.

And for the love of Zeus, edit your post instead of posting umpteen times back to back. Neutral
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:12 am

Hmmm...

Analyzation: R1 still aims, Start is still inventory. X is action, Box is to Run, O to cancel, Triangle...meh. Dpad movement is still the same. Select is still options, yet L1 is now knife, and you cannot use it while aiming to auto-target. Also, aiming is now camera based, while the older style is a aim, up/down/forward, fire. Difference: RE4: 1 major difference. Valereth: Your argument is now invalid.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the last game you got?   Whats the last game you got? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the last game you got?
Page 13 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next