Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Am I the only person..... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Am I the only person..... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Am I the only person..... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Am I the only person..... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Am I the only person..... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Am I the only person..... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Am I the only person..... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Am I the only person..... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Am I the only person..... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Am I the only person.....

Go down 
+11
TeRoR KiD
ghoroob f3
Mass Distraction
Cyberote
Bub537
The Knife
Monster Mash
RaviorStygian
NiteKrawler
ThomVD
Evil Rage42
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Rage42
Zombie
Zombie
Evil Rage42

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Am I the only person..... Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 am

Am I the only person who doesn't find any RE game scary at all. They won't even make me jump. All the way from the original RE to RE5, none have scared me. But silent Hill makes me shit my pants
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 am

REmake is scary...

And I don't think SH is as scary as some say. I think Amnesia is the only game that scared the shit out of me, and of course Eternal Darkness.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:33 am

I think SH is scarier than Eternal Darkness, but ED is a much better game than any of the SHs. SH is definitely scarier than RE. I've had a few jump scares from RE and I always say that RE is not about real horror, like many fans believe.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:53 pm

They really aren't all that scary. The only part that still makes my heart jump is when Nemesis bursts through the window in the Precinct.

However Mercs in both games (especially in RE5) can be pretty heart pounding if you have an amazing score but very low health.

Not so much in RE4 since I have already obtained the highest possible score I could ever get, so dieing in Mercs isn't as stressful. Plus high scores are easy in RE4. There's not too much strategy.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:55 pm

@Nite: ED isn't really scary, but that game fucks with your mind.

@Ravior: I don't think panic is the same as scary.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:57 pm

ThomVD wrote:

Did you just argue against yourself?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm

ThomVD wrote:
@Ravior: I don't think panic is the same as scary.
I'm scared when I'm panicking. Razz

However, Super Salvador is, without a doubt, the scariest thing in any video game. There's just no comparison. I haven't seen anything scarier than him.

Reapers are scary, but for the wrong reasons. They're scary because they're cheap and just love to only expose their weakness when they're a few cm away from you (that's how it always happens), and also have glowing weak points that make aiming at them very difficult.

By the way, I noticed that the first Reaper you encounter in the campaign doesn't have a glowing weak spot. Why aren't all of them like that?

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Did you just argue against yourself?

Yup Razz .
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Super Salvador can suck a cock when it comes to Scissorman from the PS1 game Clocktower.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 pm

I thought both Nemesis and Pyramid Head were scarier than Super Salvador.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Super Salvador can suck a cock when it comes to Scissorman from the PS1 game Clocktower.
That was only scary because of the point and click controls. If it was traditional I think it would be pretty easy to escape.

He was terrifying though.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:29 pm

All of the games have some scary moments, but on the whole, they are not that scary. I will say that RE4 and RE5 actually have some of the most chilling scenes in the whole series, at least from my perspective.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
All of the games have some scary moments, but on the whole, they are not that scary. I will say that RE4 and RE5 actually have some of the most chilling scenes in the whole series, at least from my perspective.
I actually think so too. If the older games are scary, than RE4 and 5 are definitely scary too. But none of them really are, so . . .

But that's not the point. They're fun! Every single one (although I'm having serious trouble with the how the Outbreak games control) Who cares, fans?
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:17 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
I actually think so too. If the older games are scary, than RE4 and 5 are definitely scary too. But none of them really are, so . . .

But that's not the point. They're fun! Every single one (although I'm having serious trouble with the how the Outbreak games control) Who cares, fans?

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS POST.

What parts of RE4&5 did you find chilling?

Me, when I saw the first regenerator on my second playthrough, I had accidently sold my thermal scope to the merchant, (I was trying to sell my other scope.) So, I shot the first regenerator through the window where it was lying on the gurney. Razz OK, that was more of a wacky moment than anything else, but hey.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:39 pm

The Knife wrote:
I may be forgetting some, but:

RE4:

1. The part where it implies something was watching the Police officer when he was peeing. Follows this trope:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NothingIsScarier

2. The maggots crawling inside the skulls in the first house of the game.

3. The female Genado that was pitch forked to the wall near the beginning of the game.

4. The Bella Sister that attacks you in the Shed in Ada's mission.

5. The sight of the dogs that you encounter when you backtrack after defeating Del Lago. (which is really fun to do)

6. The sound of the Novistadors

7. Everything involving the Regeneradors.

8. That hedge maze . . . -.-" *shivers*

That's all I can think of right now.

I don't really remember many "chilling" parts in RE5. Mostly disturbing (not to me. not after being exposed to it so much) parts. If I can think of any I'll list them.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
RE5 actually have some of the most chilling scenes in the whole series, at least from my perspective.

LMAO. Example? Resident Evil definitely has it's cheap scares such as things popping out when you least expect them to. Silent Hill's overall atmosphere is 10x scarier than any RE game by far.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:59 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
That was only scary because of the point and click controls. If it was traditional I think it would be pretty easy to escape.

And Super Salvador is hard to escape? No. Never have I ever had a hard time escaping from any chainsaw guy iteration in any game. Ever. Having Scissorman limp after you with that techno horror music playing and then hearing his manic squeals as he searches an area near to where you are hiding is the most shit-in-pants worthy moment in history.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:40 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

And Super Salvador is hard to escape? No. Never have I ever had a hard time escaping from any chainsaw guy iteration in any game. Ever. Having Scissorman limp after you with that techno horror music playing and then hearing his manic squeals as he searches an area near to where you are hiding is the most shit-in-pants worthy moment in history.
Okay, after thinking about it, you're right.

But I still think Super Salvador is terrifying. I would rather have the Slenderman be chasing me than him.

I'm just glad he has a small health bar.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I would rather have the Slenderman be chasing me than him.

You sir, are shitting me.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 pm

The Knife wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS POST.

Me, when I saw the first regenerator on my second playthrough, I had accidently sold my thermal scope to the merchant, (I was trying to sell my other scope.) So, I shot the first regenerator through the window where it was lying on the gurney. Razz OK, that was more of a wacky moment than anything else, but hey.

RE4:
1. Maggots in the skulls
2. Ganados in the rain, especially the part when you return with Ashley to the village: in the darkness, it's very hard to see the ganados, and they will be on you before you know it. And something about the exposed plaga head whipping around in the pouring rain is very creepy.
3. Del Lago: Big monster lurking in a murky water of indeterminate depth. I find the concept to be terrifying.
4. The catacombs where Ashley goes to do the puzzle; it's just very creepy. To top that off,while it's easy to run away from the armaduras, I find it really scary to be waiting right at the door to leave the room, and at first you don't hear them, but then you hear the clanking and you know what's coming. Of course, I could just leave the room quickly before they ever came near me, but just hearing the boots getting louder gives me a thrill.
5. Ashley's mission in general; you are totally exposed except for a few desks and some lanterns, true survival horror.
6. The Regenerators; they sound like death itself, and coupled with the music, I don't think any other RE monster sets quite a tone except for the lickers in RE2.
7. Running from U-3 in the maze; he will pop up anywhere and will kill you instantly.

RE5:
1. Kijuju itself; it's probably the creepiest, most desolate RE setting ever, like walking through hell.
2. The scene when the majini first swarm you in the alleyway; far more intense than anything found in RE4, and scared the crap out of me the first time that I played.
3. The majini in general; the ganados were scary, but they were also clutzy as hell. Not so with the majini; they attack only when they have to, they are very accurate, and they are far more relentless than the ganados. They act very human in many ways, yet are completely inhuman; I found the whole concept to be both fascinating and terrifying.
4. The scene when you go underground and suddely the camera flashes back to the stairs and slowly pulls away with the screaming in the background. I know nothing attacks you there, but it's still very unsettling.
5. The Ndipaya; possibly the scariest RE monsters ever.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:59 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I admit, it would be scary if Slendy was stalking me. It would be horrifying. But nobody knows what he does when he captures you, and I've heard that pure laughter can keep him away from you. Super Salvador? He cuts you up. It may be a quick death, but still.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, Slendy is scarier . . . and it's evident that you can't escape his stalking . . . but the thought of Salvy chasing me, waving his chainsaw with every step, I can't help but feel really scared. With Slenderman . . . I don't know. Somehow he seems more defeatable. Like, who knows what his reaction would be if you offered him coffee or something. Heck, ignore him? God is more powerful than Slendy, and I have God on my side, and Slendy is something you could slowly avoid.

Salvy? It's like an instant death, and he never stops moving towards you. There's no where to go. If you stop for too long you'll be mince meat. Slendy can be challenged. You can test him and stare right back at him, daring him to do his thing, which he usually refrains from doing unless you charge him. Or, do what he hates most. Ignore him. Be indifferent.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 pm

I've had quite a few jump scares in RE. To list a few...

1) Dog jumping through the window
2) Crimson heads springing up
3) Mr. X busting through the wall in the RPD station once you get the gear
4) Nemesis randomly appearing places
5) Electric door in RE4 sliding open and revealing that first Regenerator

And there have also been a lot of creepy scenes and areas. That first zombie cutscene in RE1 used to freak me the hell out as a kid. REmake is also a pretty creepy game altogether. The new graphics and lighting just brought more eerieness to the game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:13 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I admit, it would be scary if Slendy was stalking me. It would be horrifying. But nobody knows what he does when he captures you, and I've heard that pure laughter can keep him away from you. Super Salvador? He cuts you up. It may be a quick death, but still.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, Slendy is scarier . . . and it's evident that you can't escape his stalking . . . but the thought of Salvy chasing me, waving his chainsaw with every step, I can't help but feel really scared. With Slenderman . . . I don't know. Somehow he seems more defeatable. Like, who knows what his reaction would be if you offered him coffee or something. Heck, ignore him? God is more powerful than Slendy, and I have God on my side, and Slendy is something you could slowly avoid.

Salvy? It's like an instant death, and he never stops moving towards you. There's no where to go. If you stop for too long you'll be mince meat. Slendy can be challenged. You can test him and stare right back at him, daring him to do his thing, which he usually refrains from doing unless you charge him. Or, do what he hates most. Ignore him. Be indifferent.
You can't avoid the Slenderman. He has a way of messing with your mind. If you ignore him, he MAKES you notice him. Then he makes you do horrible things... Gah! He's creepy D:

Salvador does stop moving towards you when you shoot him in the face with a rifle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:22 am

RE4 or 5 didn't scare me or made me jump a single time. REmake and the original did though. Come on, RE4 and 5 aren't scary at all. 0%. The old games at least made me jump. But RE in general is NOT scary.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:27 am

The scariest REs for me have always been 3, 4 and DA.

Still, I don't think RE strives on the horror thing. It's just not a scary franchise. Silent Hill or Amnesia or something like that is scary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only person.....   Am I the only person..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only person.....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next