HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What if resident evil gave you the option to......

Go down 
+5
Monster Mash
RaviorStygian
Iskcra
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

What if resident evil gave you the option to...... Empty
PostSubject: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Have over the shoulder or birds eye view?

I think it sounds like a WICKED idea, think about it. It would supply the retro RE feel as well as the new. Also when you replay the game You can replay it from a different point of view and even have the slow opening doors for that kind of view. What do you guys think :3
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 pm

My thought was to have the classic angles as an unlockable option but all is fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Iskcra
Cerberus
Cerberus
Iskcra

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:46 pm

Eh. I'd rather have the classic angles back, but that's just because I hate change. Although I'd try birds eye view, but the only problem with that is a survival horror game isn't supposed to have open areas like some places in RE5. If you were to think back to RE1 how would birds eye view work in there? The area is to small and closed in to be able to use birds eye view.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:58 pm

I think what he meant with the "birds eye view" was the classic angles.
Back to top Go down
Iskcra
Cerberus
Cerberus
Iskcra

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Whoops. If that is what you meant, my bad. When I think of birds eye view I think of the camera is directly above the players head and all you see of the character is basically the top of their head.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Iskcra wrote:
Whoops. If that is what you meant, my bad. When I think of birds eye view I think of the camera is directly above the players head and all you see of the character is basically the top of their head.
That's what it means too. Just like the older GTA games. It's just that it can sometimes be confused.
Back to top Go down
Iskcra
Cerberus
Cerberus
Iskcra

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Anyhow to answer the question though, I think it sounds like a neat idea. It would be interesting to beat it once in one view, then replay it in another. Sadly, capcom won't do it even if we beg.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Yeah I like that unlockable option lol and ya too bad they wont Sad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Who knows, maybe we'll someday get a remake of RE2.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:50 pm

I think it could work, but they would have to change the gameplay. Like, make it so you don't use the aiming laser to aim at stuff and make the whole hit points thing the same as the classics. There would have to be more done other than just changing the camera angles.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:52 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I think it could work, but they would have to change the gameplay. Like, make it so you don't use the aiming laser to aim at stuff and make the hole hit points thing the same as the classics. There would have to be more done other than just changing the camera angles.
True. The possibility for classic angles is pretty small because of the amount of work needed for that.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:51 pm

It would be awesome if you had the option to do that in RE4 and RE5, but some of the scenes would be almost impossible to complete, especially in RE5. Might make for a good challenge, though.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:00 pm

It wouldn't really make sense to do it on RE4 & 5 because it's such a large terrain. Can you imagine doing the del lago fight in the classic RE camera angle?

There would be some opportunities like in the castle / village to use the classic camera angles.

A mixture of the classic and over the shoulder view would be nice in the next installment. Any attempt to make something that will appeal to the old school and new fans would really be the best direction for Capcom to take. (in terms of maintaining fan base)
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

LOL. People have been waiting for this for years and I don't foresee it ever happening. I gave up hope a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:29 pm

The only thing I would want from a RE2 remake would be improvement on aesthetic things, and of course an added hard mode.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:04 am

Doesn't work. If you have to aim at a certain spot at a certain enemy or boss, it isn't possible in the classic camera. Also, if the enemies are fast, it's too hard for the angles and if they are slow, it's too easy for the OTS camera.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:10 am

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

LOL. People have been waiting for this for years and I don't foresee it ever happening. I gave up hope a long time ago.
They have thought about making it. It's just that actually getting to it will propably take them years.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:17 am

I don't think many of you realize just how restrictive the classic angles are to the development of a game. Something as simple as shooting a certain area to open a door or clear away something would be nearly impossible. It's just not a good idea and I'm very against them doing it.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:19 am

Exactly. That's what I said Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am

It would be hard, but not necessarily impossible. If the laser sight were kept, you could still aim at something if the camera was pointing in its direction. Some scenes, however, would be made extremely difficult. For example, I can't imagine running on the conveyor belt with the explosive tanks and the majini throwing grenades at you in while in the classic RE view.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am

LiN showed us that laser sight with the fixed angles doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 am

I would much rather Capcom not take the time to add this option and instead, focus on making the game better.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 am

ThomVD wrote:
LiN showed us that laser sight with the fixed angles doesn't work.

Really? I haven't played LiN in the original format yet, so I wouldn't know.

And I do agree that improving the future games in general is more important than catering to the tastes of old school fans.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 am

Most old school fans (including me) don't even care about the camera angle. We want the classic gameplay back.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:45 am

I'm an old schooler, and I don't care what direction the franchise goes in, as long as it is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if resident evil gave you the option to......   What if resident evil gave you the option to...... Empty

Back to top Go down

What if resident evil gave you the option to......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next