Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Mercenaries 3D

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
The Knife
Mass Distraction
Godzilla90s
ThomVD
HUNK'syouruncle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:36 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
I am not a Leon fanboy, yes RE4 was my first Resi title and Leon is my favourite character, but I also love the old RE titles for what they are and I have an interest in all of the games. Please don't mistake me for being a Leon lover and Chris hater. BTW I thnik RE5 beats RE4 plotwise as RE4's plot is cliche. As for Leon not being in Mercenaries 3D, I was dissapointed but I didnt let it get to me

As me and Thom stated, the commetns were not directed to anyone on the forum.
We all like leon here but there is no one on the forum that is a leon fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Mcghie wrote:
We all like leon here but there is no one on the forum that is a leon fanboy.
No, not everybody here likes Leon. I think he's a douche.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Mercy wrote:
The Knife wrote:
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just wondering why he's not going to be in it. Despite having enemies and maps from RE4.
I find that really fucking stupid on Capcom's part. They said the character selection was based on popularity, I highly doubt Leon is more popular than Barry, and why the hell would they have Krauser before Leon? I just see Leon as a character, I'm not a fanatic, but still that is really misleading. He'll pop up as DLC.

Well, Barry was the protagonist of Gaiden, he was a main character in RE1, and he had a nice little scene in RE3.
What did Krauser appear in? RE4. As a minor character. And he appeared in Darkside Chronicles in a scenario that should've been a game. At least, I don't think it was a game. Someone tell me if I'm right.

Other than this, you're completely right.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm

My gripe with the lack of characters has been slightly reduced by the fact that there may be possible DLC.

I think Leon deserves to be in it. He's one of the most recognizable and memorable characters, as well as being an important character to the series.

I still haven't actually encountered a Leon fanboy before though.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:22 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
My gripe with the lack of characters has been slightly reduced by the fact that there may be possible DLC.

I think Leon deserves to be in it. He's one of the most recognizable and memorable characters, as well as being an important character to the series.

I dont think he should be in it IMO, I mean he rightfully should be since he was in RE4, but he is
very over used and I like the fact the fanboys on the internet are crying over it and flaming Capcom because of it.
Just shows who the real resident evil fans are and who the RE4 Leon fanboys are.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Mcghie wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I dont think he should be in it IMO, I mean he rightfully should be since he was in RE4, but he is
very over used and I like the fact the fanboys on the internet are crying over it and flaming Capcom because of it.
Just shows who the real resident evil fans are and who the RE4 Leon fanboys are.
Okay, who are these Leon fanboys? I've never seen one. And just because of them doesn't mean he shouldn't be in it. That's just silly.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:35 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

Okay, who are these Leon fanboys? I've never seen one. And just because of them doesn't mean he shouldn't be in it. That's just silly.

You see a lot of them on game website comment boxs and videos of resident evil on youtube,
Look at Thom's link and you wil see one bitching lol
Yeah I know thats not a valid reason for him not to be featured, but one ultimate reason
is he has been over used and his whole persona has changed into a real jackass hot shot.
He also steals the lime light for all theother characters, basically people see him as the "only" RE character which is crap
Chris is far better and even though there are a lot of people that like him as a character he is still very underrated compared against Leon.
Thats some reasons why he should miss out a game for once.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Mcghie wrote:

is he has been over used and his whole persona has changed into a real jackass hot shot.
? Just because he has somewhat of an attitude in RE4 doesn't make him a jackass.

And how do we see him too much? He was only the main character of three games (one of them being a spin-off as well as sharing the spotlight with Krauser, not to mention Claire and Steve), and in RE2 he shared the spotlight with Claire.

Is it because of the movies? Well, who cares?

The way I see it there is literally no rational reason to think he doesn't deserve to be in it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Leon, and I'm 100% serious about this. Besides, taking into account the opinions of jerky fanboys is pretty silly anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

? Just because he has somewhat of an attitude in RE4 doesn't make him a jackass.

And how do we see him too much? He was only the main character of three games (one of them being a spin-off as well as sharing the spotlight with Krauser, not to mention Claire and Steve), and in RE2 he shared the spotlight with Claire.

Is it because of the movies? Well, who cares?

The way I see it there is literally no rational reason to think he doesn't deserve to be in it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Leon, and I'm 100% serious about this. Besides, taking into account the opinions of jerky fanboys is pretty silly anyway.

I still stand by my word, maybe he should be in a DLC but only for this game, not any other games until
he starts getting distant.
He just takes all the credit away from the other great characters, I think he shoud not be as praised much and give
other characters a chance to come to the spotlight.
As I've stated before I only "liked" him in RE2 after that he was gone and now he is all hollywood action hero.
Cant wait to get into hunting the little bitch down in ORC lol
Nah, I dont hate him that much but I do want to kill him off to see how it feels lol
[/center]
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Mcghie wrote:

I still stand by my word, maybe he should be in a DLC but only for this game, not any other games until
he starts getting distant.
He just takes all the credit away from the other great characters, I think he shoud not be as praised much and give
other characters a chance to come to the spotlight.
As I've stated before I only "liked" him in RE2 after that he was gone and now he is all hollywood action hero.
Cant wait to get into hunting the little bitch down in ORC lol
Nah, I dont hate him that much but I do want to kill him off to see how it feels lol
[/center]
:\

I basically disagree with literally everything in that post. Like, line for line. Especially stuff about him stealing the spotlight which I don't ever remember happening. Also, he's not all Hollywood action hero. He's "trained in the ways of combat." Just like Chris . . . and basically every RE character that's playable. But to each his own. Smile

Anyway, I'm hoping for S.T.A.R.S. Jill to be a DLC character.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:27 am

I agree with everything Mcghie said and @Ravior: Leon also appeared in Gaiden. I think RE2, RE4, DSC, Gaiden, Degeneration and Damnation is a bit too much. RE4, DSC and Degeneration were all released pretty recently and close to each other and Damnation is coming soon, so I think we have had enough Leon for the next 5 years. Rebecca hasn't been in a main game since RE1 if you look at it chronological. And yes, Leon stole the spotlights and it is time for him to leave it.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 am

ThomVD wrote:
I agree with everything Mcghie said and @Ravior: Leon also appeared in Gaiden. I think RE2, RE4, DSC, Gaiden, Degeneration and Damnation is a bit too much. RE4, DSC and Degeneration were all released pretty recently and close to each other and Damnation is coming soon, so I think we have had enough Leon for the next 5 years. Rebecca hasn't been in a main game since RE1 if you look at it chronological. And yes, Leon stole the spotlights and it is time for him to leave it.

I agree with you, your wrong about rebecca, her last game was RE Zero. I do think that Leon is being over used but to be fair Gaiden was a commercial and critical failure. I would however like to see Leon in a main chapter of thr RE saga again (maybe not any time soon but i do want it to happen at some point in my life).
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 am

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I agree with you, your wrong about rebecca, her last game was RE Zero. I do think that Leon is being over used but to be fair Gaiden was a commercial and critical failure. I would however like to see Leon in a main chapter of thr RE saga again (maybe not any time soon but i do want it to happen at some point in my life).

I said chronological, and the events of RE0 happened before RE1. If you look at the order of releases, Claire hasn't been in a main game since Code Veronica in 2000.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:58 am

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I liked Gaiden at the time Smile
But thats proablly because I could play RE on the go lol
Now because of todays techonology I have got RE1 and RE2 full PS1 version and playable on
my htc lol.

Claire was a good character Smile
I hope she eventually teams up with chris and gets a feature in another RE in the near future.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:00 am

If Claire isn't in RE6 I'm going to be pissed. I'm waiting for years lol.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:07 am

I do agree with Ravior (we share the same opinions of Leon) and with HUNK'syouruncle. Leon should be back, just not in a while. I'm ok with him not being in Mercs but it still seems weird. Gaiden is awesomeness.

Anyways, let's not talk about Leon and his popularity and concentrate on the new game. Has the 3DS price drop changed anyones mind on getting this game? I think I'll still wait for the system to get cheaper. Maybe after Christmas?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:12 am

We never said that we don't want Leon to be in a new RE game ever, just not in the near future.

I don't think I'll ever buy a 3DS. I've never been a big handheld fan and the REs and OoT 3D are the only games I'm interested in.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 am

ThomVD wrote:
We never said that we don't want Leon to be in a new RE game ever, just not in the near future.

I don't think I'll ever buy a 3DS. I've never been a big handheld fan and the REs and OoT 3D are the only games I'm interested in.
That's already three games worth getting the thing. Unless they port the games I might have to get the handheld. It's just that I already have DS Lite and I'm loving it (just bought Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light) and I'm not too keen on getting yet ANOTHER type of DS.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

That's already three games worth getting the thing. Unless they port the games I might have to get the handheld. It's just that I already have DS Lite and I'm loving it (just bought Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light) and I'm not too keen on getting yet ANOTHER type of DS.

I don't think it's worth €200 for a glorified mini game, a port and one normal game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:21 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I don't think it's worth €200 for a glorified mini game, a port and one normal game.
Hmm... True. I just might get it used when the RE games both get here.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:26 am

Actually, I don't want any of the 'old' characters back. (Not even Barry.) I only want one 'old' character back. Her name is Claire Redfield. When was her last installment? Oh, 2000-something?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 am

The Knife wrote:
Actually, I don't want any of the 'old' characters back. (Not even Barry.) I only want one 'old' character back. Her name is Claire Redfield. When was her last installment? Oh, 2000-something?

Yes, Code Veronica. She hasn't been in a good looking main game yet.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:33 am

At least she'll be in Mercs and ORC. We'll just have to wait for her appearance in the main series. I wonder if she'll be in Damnation?

Btw, if they ever ported Mercs, I'd be really happy to see a wide variety of characters in the console releases.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
At least she'll be in Mercs and ORC. We'll just have to wait for her appearance in the main series. I wonder if she'll be in Damnation?

I don't think she is in Damnation. The RE4 fanboys have probably begged for Ada. I think she has a very little non-playable role in ORC and I'll not buy Mercs and it isn't really a storybased game. She's the only character that hasn't been in a pretty looking main game and that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I don't think she is in Damnation. The RE4 fanboys have probably begged for Ada. I think she has a very little non-playable role in ORC and I'll not buy Mercs and it isn't really a storybased game. She's the only character that hasn't been in a pretty looking main game and that sucks.
Same goes for Rebecca and Barry. They haven't been in a main game since the first ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mercenaries 3D   The Mercenaries 3D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mercenaries 3D
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next