Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE: Operation Javier EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE: Operation Javier EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE: Operation Javier EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE: Operation Javier EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE: Operation Javier EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE: Operation Javier

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
TeRoR KiD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

RE: Operation Javier Empty
PostSubject: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:50 am

Anyone else think they should've capitalized on making this game yet?

I know capcom's strategy to try and expand their RE gaming audience with ORC but I really feel this should have been their priority.

Make it similar to Chris and Sheva but with Leon and Krauser with a slight difference. You can alternate between the two as the playable character and parts of the game even require you to alternate to solve puzzles or advance in the game. As in you need Krauser for puzzles which require strength - moving platforms etc. and Leon for the intelligence side like operating computers to access files or other intelligent puzzles.

Sprinkle in a bit of survival horror and you've got a game i wouldn't put down for months Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:06 am

At least that would be a nice addition for us who don't have a Wii.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 pm

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Sprinkle in a bit of survival horror and you've got a game i wouldn't put down for months Smile
They wouldn't sprinkle survival horror on it, they'd dump a bucket of action shooter on it and deliberately mislabel it.

Capcom should go into the food distribution business.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:19 pm

I think DSC was good enough for me. I'd rather them focus on the main series line.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:
They wouldn't sprinkle survival horror on it, they'd dump a bucket of action shooter on it and deliberately mislabel it.

You're probably right but that's not very optimistic! I'm still hoping with all the complaints capcom have most likely received lately they might at least drop one game for the real fans!
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:21 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I think DSC was good enough for me. I'd rather them focus on the main series line.

I think they're probably a little stuck with continuation ideas in the main series with Wesker 'dying'. I mean where do they take the plot from here? even after being a fan for so many years i'm a bit stuck on ideas of where to go from here.

My only thoughts are they make an adult version of Sherry the main villain in RE6 and maybe she has constructed a new nemesis with more of a G-Virus feel about it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:24 pm

From now on, please use the edit button so you don't double post. Smile It's at the top right corner of your posts. Anyway, I always say that they should put Sherry in there as a villain (angry with the heroes about her father's death) and then throughout a few games, she begins to turn good (realizing that the true enemies are the greedy pharmaceutical companies and terrorist groups).
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:33 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
From now on, please use the edit button so you don't double post. Smile It's at the top right corner of your posts. Anyway, I always say that they should put Sherry in there as a villain (angry with the heroes about her father's death) and then throughout a few games, she begins to turn good (realizing that the true enemies are the greedy pharmaceutical companies and terrorist groups).

Sounds reasonable to me. Then during the process of turning her 'good' they can work on developing a new Super Villain from Umbrella that has been working closely with Sherry.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:19 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

You're probably right but that's not very optimistic! I'm still hoping with all the complaints capcom have most likely received lately they might at least drop one game for the real fans!

I kinda lost faith in Capcom too. If they release a game for the real fans, they will make less money.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:22 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Can't be optimistic when I'm no longer an optimist, can I?

ThomVD wrote:
I kinda lost faith in Capcom too. If they release a game for the real fans, they will make less money.
To put it simply, Capcom's attitude toward the old school RE fans who made RE4 and RE5 possible in the first place is, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." While there is the odd random standout like God of War III or GTA IV, the golden age of gaming (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era) is over and it's not coming back. This console generation, with the way consoles and games are designed now, is geared specifically toward casual gamers. The PS3 and 360 can do everything except cook your dinner and nearly every game out there is mostly fluff with little substance and heavily biased toward multiplayer.

The upcoming film Rise of the Planet of the Apes provides a nice analogy. Basically we hardcore gamers are the humans about to be overthrown by casual gamers who are the apes.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
To put it simply, Capcom's attitude toward the old school RE fans who made RE4 and RE5 possible in the first place is, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." While there is the odd random standout like God of War III or GTA IV, the golden age of gaming (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era) is over and it's not coming back. This console generation, with the way consoles and games are designed now, is geared specifically toward casual gamers. The PS3 and 360 can do everything except cook your dinner and nearly every game out there is mostly fluff with little substance and heavily biased toward multiplayer.

The upcoming film Rise of the Planet of the Apes provides a nice analogy. Basically we hardcore gamers are the humans about to be overthrown by casual gamers who are the apes.

True. The last two generations of consoles were much better than this one. It's like they can't make many memorable games/franchises anymore, with a few exceptions like Assassin's Creed. Sure the graphics are better now, but I don't care about graphics. To play online is fun, but I still prefer a great singleplayer experience. I think it's also the fault of some of the new generation gamers.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:07 am

I prefer split screen to online multiplayer.

Anyway, there are lots of ways for the games to continue on. Nite already mentioned the Sherry part. Then there's Alex Wesker, a possible new antagonist. We also have Tricell still going on and the BOWs on the black market.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Yup. It's much more fun playing against/with a friend in splitscreen, than with a stranger online (or even a friend online).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:24 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yup. It's much more fun playing against/with a friend in splitscreen, than with a stranger online (or even a friend online).
Exactly. The only online games I like are for PC, something like Left 4 Dead or Rise of Nations.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Exactly. The only online games I like are for PC, something like Left 4 Dead or Rise of Nations.

I miss the old days when I played games like Halo 1 and Super Smash Melee with 3 friends splitscreen all day long...
Good Times Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 am

I like online gaming just fine but splitscreen should always be an option. Have you all heard of Sony's new 3D TV that when two players play splitscreen, they each see their own screen on the full TV? So it is split screen, but without the hassle of actually sharing the screen.

TeRoR: Umbrella is finished though so a new antagonist, other than Alex, should come from TriCell or "The Organization" (assuming they are not one in the same).
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:16 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Have you all heard of Sony's new 3D TV that when two players play splitscreen, they each see their own screen on the full TV? So it is split screen, but without the hassle of actually sharing the screen.

Yeah, I heard about it. I hope it's as awesome as it sounds Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:30 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I like online gaming just fine but splitscreen should always be an option. Have you all heard of Sony's new 3D TV that when two players play splitscreen, they each see their own screen on the full TV? So it is split screen, but without the hassle of actually sharing the screen.

TeRoR: Umbrella is finished though so a new antagonist, other than Alex, should come from TriCell or "The Organization" (assuming they are not one in the same).
Heard about it too. Wouldn't go out to get one, though, as it hasn't been too long when I got my new TV. Nice idea nonetheless.

Btw. I think Tricell and Organization are different entities. I also think "S" is different from these two.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Sherry should be an antagonist in the next game and remain so for at least a couple games after that. When the blonde (aka, "evil") Jill Valentine was first revealed, many (myself among them) believed she was being geared up to succeed Wesker as the franchise's next antagonist. Rescuing her in RE5 I felt was a bit of a cop out because I think Jill would have been a big hit in the antagonist role.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Sherry should be an antagonist in the next game and remain so for at least a couple games after that. When the blonde (aka, "evil") Jill Valentine was first revealed, many (myself among them) believed she was being geared up to succeed Wesker as the franchise's next antagonist. Rescuing her in RE5 I felt was a bit of a cop out because I think Jill would have been a big hit in the antagonist role.

*Imagines Jill as an antagonist*

...5 would've been more interesting, since there'd be no mind-control plot device. But then everyone would be complaining about it royally screwing up her characterization. 3 years (less due to the stasis?) with Wesker would have Stockholm Syndrome implications, if she ended up as an antagonist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Sherry, Steve, and Alex could all make decent recurring antagonists. *shrugs* But Capcom may just create a new character... What gives me hope that they'll not randomly create a new antagonist from nowhere involves the foreshadowing of RE5 with Spencer in UC and Jill's RE3 infection becoming a major plot point in RE5.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:46 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
Jill's RE3 infection becoming a major plot point in RE5.
Did the infection from RE3 actually have anything to do with RE5?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Patronum1121 wrote:
Jill's RE3 infection becoming a major plot point in RE5.
Did the infection from RE3 actually have anything to do with RE5?
She still had a mutated form of the T-virus in her body that was placed in a dormant state when Carlos administered the vaccine to her in RE3. Extended cryogenic stasis had caused the virus to reawaken, but shortly thereafter it disappeared completely, leaving antibodies to the virus in its place. This aided in the development of Uroboros.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE: Operation Javier   RE: Operation Javier Empty

Back to top Go down

RE: Operation Javier
Page 1 of 1