HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution

Go down 
+18
Chelichan
Vandal
Spike991
spenserb1701@37.com
Mcghie
BiohazardNews
Jacen Dex
Bub537
Cyberote
The Knife
RingoSparkle
RaviorStygian
xCbastx
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
Patronum1121
NiteKrawler
ThomVD
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Alright, imagine the Gears of War movie came out and it doesn't star Marcus Phenix. It instead stars Sasha, the only one who can stop the horde for some reason or another. She has psychic powers and a clone army of Sasha's. The film has minor cameos of Gear Cogs but she decides she wants to take all the rolls, sequences, scenes, and lines from the cogs. She is the epitome of the action girl trope, and she puts all the cogs to shame because of how utterly "awesome" she is. Oh and it doesn't take place on the planet Sera but instead takes place on Earth. And bugger all, it's not the lambent nor the locust that they're fighting, no sir. Their main threat are vampires from outer space!  What's worse? They're working with the Russians. 

This is how I see live action Resident Evil movies. 

This.

Nite you sure are liking them one word posts huh?

I think the first RE movie is undeniably amazing. Fo real. Anybody have any legit complaints against that one?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Alright, imagine the Gears of War movie came out and it doesn't star Marcus Phenix. It instead stars Sasha, the only one who can stop the horde for some reason or another. She has psychic powers and a clone army of Sasha's. The film has minor cameos of Gear Cogs but she decides she wants to take all the rolls, sequences, scenes, and lines from the cogs. She is the epitome of the action girl trope, and she puts all the cogs to shame because of how utterly "awesome" she is. Oh and it doesn't take place on the planet Sera but instead takes place on Earth. And bugger all, it's not the lambent nor the locust that they're fighting, no sir. Their main threat are vampires from outer space!  What's worse? They're working with the Russians. 

This is how I see live action Resident Evil movies. 

This.

Nite you sure are liking them one word posts huh?

I think the first RE movie is undeniably amazing. Fo real. Anybody have any legit complaints against that one?

I give credit where it is due and I enjoyed the first movie.
It had a decent story and closely followed the RE game style a good bit.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Mcghie wrote:

Basically that nostalgic feeling you can have playing through one of your fav RE games, I get that with the first movie.

The rest of the movies, whether they are garbage or not, I think all still have little things in each that are cool. That said, Afterlife was junk.Smile Though I did like several parts, but I'm basically watching the movies now like the are comedies, just joke movies.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Basically that nostalgic feeling you can have playing through one of your fav RE games, I get that with the first movie.

The rest of the movies, whether they are garbage or not, I think all still have little things in each that are cool. That said, Afterlife was junk.Smile Though I did like several parts, but I'm basically watching the movies now like the are comedies, just joke movies.
Well call that the "Evil Dead Effect."
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Mercy wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Well call that the "Evil Dead Effect."

Is that the Bruce Campbell variety?

"Gimme some sugar baby".
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Say what you want about evil dead but I still find the first one slightly disturbing, is this just me ?
The second one was comical though
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Say what you want about evil dead but I still find the first one slightly disturbing, is this just me ?
Ditto on the first movie.

I still love these movies, it's one of my favorite horror series to date.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I knew you were a avid Evil dead fan, we had a discussion about resident evil 1 intro being all foggy like the oldskool films, evil dead was our reference Razz
I didn't know that it disturbed you as well though, now I dont feel so along Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I knew you were a avid Evil dead fan, we had a discussion about resident evil 1 intro being all foggy like the oldskool films, evil dead was our reference Razz
I didn't know that it disturbed you as well though, now I dont feel so along Smile
I remember that discussion. Oh, good times.

It disturbed me for sure. It was kinda silly at times but still. I felt that the second movie was really creepy too but it might also be because I was watching it from an old VHS tape with a bit distorted sound. I also had no idea what they were talking about at a few points because there was no subtitles.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I remember that discussion. Oh, good times.

It disturbed me for sure. It was kinda silly at times but still. I felt that the second movie was really creepy too but it might also be because I was watching it from an old VHS tape with a bit distorted sound. I also had no idea what they were talking about at a few points because there was no subtitles.

Yeah some parts made you laugh but also made you jump and cringe at how disturbing the possessions where, especially watching at night.
I love VHS, I still have it on tape, only sad thing is that I dont have a VHS player anymore Sad
Sure I could pick one up somewhere though, they cant be rare.
The second did slightly but I found it more comical at times.... GROOVY !
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Those movies were freaky fo sho.

I still call my shotguns "boomsticks" though.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Mcghie wrote:
THat was sort of my point. By the third movie he was lost in time and getting sucker punched and slapped in the butt by little Ash's. The first Evil Dead was glorious, with the most sickest things I've ever seen in a movie.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Yeah the film was pretty brutal for its time, infact it still is brutal to today's standards.
I have also mentioned this in another post but its a really cool fact, in the first movie all the demons and freaky stuff happening were all animatronic
It was also the first film to use animatronic's for all of its film instead of special effects.
They also done the film on the cheap and is, or considered a B movie due to the production being so cheap.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:56 pm

You know what movie is pretty freaky, even by todays standards?

john carpenters The Thing. the one with Kurt Russel. damn that movie is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Spike991 wrote:

john carpenters The Thing. the one with Kurt Russel. damn that movie is awesome.
I have that on the VHS too! Haven't had time to watch it, though. Might do so soon.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I have that on the VHS too! Haven't had time to watch it, though. Might do so soon.
You better sucka!

the mutations are freaky and definately on par with the best in re, if not better.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah The Thing is a truly terrifying experience, but at the same time is also a classical watch, you will love every minute of it Mass.
I also loved the game for the ps2 as well, it got a lot of stick but I found it was a really good title and it had replay value in my eyes.
The game also freaked me out a little, kind of the same way RE done when I was younger.

I see they made a Remake of the thing, yet another classical film getting the Hollywood "fuck up" treatment.
These young directors now a days are sheer animals, they are pretentious asses that think they can remake films and do a better job.
Most films they try to remake are serious classics that you JUST DONT TOUCH.
Everyone knows that you dont try to edit perfection !

I probably wont watch this remake in fear that it will fail and thus giving me more fuel to bitch about it.
I will leave it in existence, never to be disturbed.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:49 pm

To be fair, John Carpenter's thing was a remake itself.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
To be fair, John Carpenter's thing was a remake itself.

Yup, that's why I was sure to be specifc about it when I was describing it.

And Remakes aren't always bad though. REmake, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Red Dragon(Manhunter remake), Fright Night, Friday The 13th(I liked it), etc.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:32 pm

I never knew it was a Remake, who was the original director ?
Yeah that is many few that are not bad but majority of remakes will not live up to the classics.

Psycho, A-team, The fog, nightmare on elm street, the Italian job, taxi, one missed call, the ring, the grudge, straw dogs, black xmas, the omen etc

I could go on as well put for sake of a huge list I will settle at that.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Psycho, A-team, The fog, nightmare on elm street, the Italian job, taxi, one missed call, the ring, the grudge, straw dogs, black xmas, the omen etc

The Italian Job was awesome, and so was The Ring and The Grudge fool.

Taxi? What's that again? That's not with De Niro is it?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

The remake of the Italian job was awesome !?
It spat in the face of a British classic and made it all modernised and rubbish.
The original had that early British film style charm to it.
The only good thing about the new version was that it had Jason Statham in it.
The ring and the grudge remakes where even worse, predictable and not scary at all.
Watch the Ju-on version of the grudge and the Jap version of the Ring (watch when you dont want to sleep for a few days! )
Yeah taxi was the one with De Niro in it, An absolute classic of a film. "you talking to me ! "
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

The remake of the Italian job was awesome !?
It spat in the face of a British classic and made it all modernised and rubbish.
The original had that early British film style charm to it.
The only good thing about the new version was that it had Jason Statham in it.
The ring and the grudge remakes where even worse, predictable and not scary at all.
Watch the Ju-on version of the grudge and the Jap version of the Ring (watch when you dont want to sleep for a few days! )
Yeah taxi was the one with De Niro in it, An absolute classic of a film. "you talking to me ! "

So you said that Taxi was a bad remake? Was that a remake?

The Italian Job was cool. You forgot about Walhberg and Norton. Among others. Charleze Theron.

I liked The Ring and The Grudge. They were scary enough I guess....I don't really get scared watching movies so meh.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Sorry I thought you meant if the original taxi was the one with De Niro in it.
the remake was the one with queen latifah and Jimmy Fallon starring in it.
Yeah I know, I only pointed out jason statham because he is one of many favourite actors.
I like his London "geezer" attitude and the way he is still funny even when playing a serious role.
Films like, Lock stock and two smoking barrels, Snatch, crank, the transporter are all great roles he's played.

I didn't like them because I am a big J-horror fan and had already watched the imports before the ones across here were made.
J-horror has just got that element that he cant seem to capture over here, infact most of any Japanese movies have that quality and style that you cant put your
finger on but you know its there and you know its effective.
Most are quite artist and original as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm

I don't think that one with Fallon and Lafifah was a remake...

I guess the Jap developers and directors and such have got a real talent.

I like Statham too. but I think his role in Italian Job was ok. But the movie itself had a good story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution   RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE: Damnation vs. RE: Retribution
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next