Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Nite, you were right...

Go down 
+3
weskersbarber
NiteKrawler
Ghost Leader
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Nite, you were right... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:48 am

Im pretty its still only the select few games with ps3 too aint it?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:54 am

chocotricks wrote:
Im pretty its still only the select few games with ps3 too aint it?
Every game I had for the PS2 work with my PS3, even the most obscure ones.

Some games have some slowdown/freezing, though, and at least Driv3r got a bit screwy at times. Still, I think that was only like three games that went like that and some of them might have been because of scratching. PS3 seems to be pretty picky if you try to play an older game that is scratched.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:51 pm

PS3 can play about 97 to 99% of PS1 and PS2 games. The only ones is cannot play are extremely obscure titles that were usually only released in Japan. It also upscales the games and makes them look significantly better. I was playing Abe's Exodus and it looks fantastic on the PS3. But yeah, only the older models can play them and I have the original 60 gig. It's a dream machine. It really does do everything. And PS3s and 360 are basically the same price now I think. Go look on Best Buy Spike.

EDIT: Here are a few 360 to PS3 comparisons from Best Buy:

Most expensive 360: $300 Red Refurbished Elite system. (120GB hard drive. You can always get a new better hard drive, though I have no idea how to change it in a 360.)

Least expensive: $129 Refurbished Arcade system. (Apparently Arcades don't come with a hard drive? I guess that means limited downloading potential. And I saw on a forum that you need a HD for backwards compatibility. Not sure if it's true.)

Most expensive PS3: $350 brand new PS3. (320GB hard drive. Newer slim one so I assume no backwards compatibility.)

Least expensive: $230 80GB PS3 refurbished. (Again, I don't think it is backwards compatible.)

Remember that refurbished systems are used and have a higher chance of breaking down.

Here are the most/least expensive brand new systems:

Most expensive new PS3: The $350 one from above.

Least expensive: $300 New Slim 160GB.

Most expensive new 360: $250 One of the new type 360s. It has a 250GB HD. Also, they are supposed to not get the RROD, at least as much. Razz

Least expensive: $200 4GB model. I think it's a new type as well.

So to break it down:

$300 Red Refurbished Elite system.
$129 Refurbished Arcade system.
$250 One of the new type 360s.
$200 4GB model.

PS3
$350 brand new PS3.
$230 80GB PS3 refurbished.
$300 New Slim 160GB.

Average 360 price: $220
Average PS3 price: $307
$87 difference. (The cost of a new 360 and even just LIVE will close that gap very quickly. Wink )

Average HD space:
360: 93.5GB
PS3: 220GB
126.5GB difference.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:27 pm

I'll probably go for that 80Gig.

I'm sure 80 will be plenty of space, considering my gaming habits. I also don't want to spend too much. Very informative Nite, I'll give you 100 Points.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:37 pm

It's a sad day. My PS3 got pwned. I'm still fuzzy as to whether it got the YLOD or not. Basically, it turns on, then shows a yellow light and immediately shuts down and just blinks red until I push the power button again. I'm a bit distraught. I mean, sure I had my PS3 for around 4 1/2 years and I had it on for hours each and every day, but I still think console makers should work on a more reliable system for its customers. So...now I have to get mine fixed or get a new one. I found a place online that will fix it for $70 and I get my system and all my data back perfectly but it isn't a permanent repair as it is impossible to permanently repair this issue. If I sent it back to Sony, I'd get a new crappier console and lose all my data on top of losing about $150. So, I think I will end up getting a new slim PS3 and then eventually send in my old one to Gophermods to have them fix it. Spike, don't go for the 80gb just yet. I'm going to look into it to see what the best deal is. Remember, HDDs are quite inexpensive and verrrrrry easy to change in PS3s.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm sorry to hear that :/ I've had mine for almost 4 years, I guess, hope it'll keep working as good as it has until now. Having something like that would suck some serious balls...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:53 pm

I've been quite depressed...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Well I reckon... Hope you'll get it fixed.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:01 pm

I think I'll get a new slim 160gb one. There is one on Amazon that comes with 2 dual shock controllers and it costs $299. Spike, I would not bother with a refurb. I'd buy new if I were you. And make sure it comes with controllers. Those things are expensive.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:01 pm

You can repair it but its not worth it. I repaired my old one three times and it only lasted about a week after each fix. Back up your hard drive and get a brand new one. The new models are awesome less noisy. And yes I agree, Sony and Microsoft need to explain why they break after four years. In Microsoft case every two years. Ive had my PS2 for ten years and still in top notch. I have always suspected that they plant a destruction device in the system that goes off after four years and the companies know you will always buy another one so for me its a conspiracy to make more money.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:45 pm

I really wouldn't doubt it. Hey Barber, how exactly do I back all my stuff up?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm starting to think they do that with every device nowadays.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:32 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I really wouldn't doubt it. Hey Barber, how exactly do I back all my stuff up?

There is supposedly a couple of ways but the way i did it was I just copied the saves on to a usb pen and then on to my external hard drive. But since your ps3 is dead the most common way would be taking out your hard drive and plug it into a usb attachment to a computer/laptop and backing it up that way.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:04 am

Ok. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Turning this back to Assassin's Creed, is there anyone here other than me who fears Ubi might be doing the same thing that Hideo Kojima did with Metal Gear Sold; that is, building up a story so epic that any conclusion they write for it ultimately won't measure up?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:51 pm

The only thing I'm worried about is them making the story too weird. I'd like them to keep it to historical events and not focus too much on this crazy technology stuff. And I want to go back to the crusades when the Templars were at the height of their power.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:37 pm

A weird story is fine as long as it's a good weird story. My concern is that they're writing themselves into a hole and any conclusion to the story they come up with will be lame.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:24 am

I hope the conclusion they have is great but if it is not, it won't change the fact that the most important part (the journey) is beyond fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:25 pm

I'd love to give the Single-player of ACB a go, I've only played the first one. Which is really good... Although I never get to finish it on my own because my brother ends up doing it half the time :/ Even when I'm not on it. -Sigh-
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:23 am

I used to have AC1, but while not necessarily a bad game, it didn't "click" with me and as such I traded it in (along with Golden Axe: Beast Rider and America's Army: True Soldiers, both pretty piss poor games) to get RE5 (which despite my disappointment with where the franchise is going, I admittedly enjoyed a lot more).

On another note, I recently saw ACII at Wal-Mart at bargain bin price. So, Nite, since you were right about Brotherhood, would you recommend that one, too?
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:57 am

If you want to understand the AC plot, you'd get AC1.
We have AC1 and we're hoping to get hands on ACB.
>_< I hate not understanding a plot.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:19 am

ACII was also great and I definitely recommend it. Though you will have to deal with ACB spoiling you a bit more as ACII doesn't have many of the features that ACB does. But it has a great story and it will reveal more to you. To get AC's storyline, ACI really isn't too necessary. I really liked ACI probably for a few different reasons. I got it when it first came out, and at that time, it was a technical miracle. It was so fresh and original. No game had done what it did. I also loved the philosophy aspect of the game (something the newer ones are lacking, but oh well). The setting was also my favorite so far, as it was set during the dying days of the third crusade when the Templar Order was at its most powerful. I still wish they had let us kill Conrad de Montferrat as he is the most well known victim of the Assassins in real life. Instead, we killed his father, William, in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nite, you were right...   Nite, you were right... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nite, you were right...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2