Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Silent Hill -series EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Silent Hill -series EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Silent Hill -series EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Silent Hill -series EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Silent Hill -series EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Silent Hill -series EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Silent Hill -series EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Silent Hill -series EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Silent Hill -series EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Silent Hill -series

Go down 
+28
DXP
00biohazard
Killeret
Valentine Fan
PAULSAMSON
RebelliousQueen
Jilly
DeadlyGenetics
Bub537
Sargent D
The Knife
ThomVD
RaviorStygian
JamTyrantH
White Rock
Killer64
PixieSlick
Reede1991
Revan XI9
nekronuke
NEMESIS23
NiteKrawler
BOBLATHON
frodomir
Citers
Regenerator
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Silent Hill -series Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:39 pm

I thought that these forums need a thread dedicated to Silent Hill (horror fans as we are). Feel free to post any Silent Hill related questions/comments/etc. Here's my views/impressions on the series and please note that my experience on most of it is through me watching someone else play.

Silent Hill: Propably the scariest shit I've ever seen. I remember playing the demo when I was a kid and it scared me real bad. A random fact: Even though the grey children were replaced by mumblers in the PAL version, they were still present in the demo. Really creepy.

Silent Hill 2: I don't remember much from this game apart from the fact that it had really good music. James Sunderland is a really cool character.

Silent Hill 3: This has to be the second scariest SH, mostly because of the amusement park. Those goddamn bunny costumes still give me nightmares.

The Room: Not as scary as the earlier parts, but one of my favorite SH's to date. I really liked the ghosts and almost every other monster in this game. Mostly the ghosts.

0rigins: A really short game, but had the best main character. Storywise one of my favorites. I really hated the cow demons even though I was just watching Very Happy

Homecoming: My first own SH. I find this game quite hard and it really is a friggin' scary game. Way scarier than Room or 0rigins. I also liked it that Pyramid Head made a comeback. This game didn't have a big variety of monsters though :/ I'm still waiting for the next one since there's much to improve. For one, I don't quite like the item/weapons menu. It sometimes actually gets me killed. There's some really good scares in this game and I REALLY like the shadowing.

Downpour: A really solid Silent Hill title. It's scary, the locations are really well made and the variety in pretty much everything, minus the monsters, is amazing. The game seemingly took some of the best sides in Shattered Memories, Homecoming and 0rigins and mixed them in. I totally love the fact that you now have the possibility to do side quests, it keeps the game going on for longer. The main character is one of the best thus far, too, and seems genuinely disturbed by what's happening. Now for the downsides: running around gets quite boring at times when absolutely nothing is happening, the variety in enemies isn't something to call home for and the game downright lags when there's a bunch of enemies. Konami is starting to get known for releasing games half finished.

Orphan/2/3: I really didn't know that a mobile phone game could have some scary moments. Now I do. These games are mostly puzzle solving and the battles are quite meh. On the other hand, SH's have always been good at puzzles Very Happy

Arcade: I really wish they ported this. I really would love to see that.

Shattered Memories: Now that I have the game I can only say... wow. You have such a big map to explore and I actually got lost sometimes. Running from the creatures in Otherworld is scary at first but when you get used to it it kinda loses it's appeal... Don't get me wrong, it's still really fun and it gives some variation to the game. I still wish there'd be more scares outside the Otherworld. Puzzles in this game: top notch. If you like SH and have played the earlier games, give this one a try.

Those were my thoughts on the Silent Hill games and I'm looking forward to the next one. I also have to add that the movie didn't hurt the games as much as RE movies did to those games, at least in my opinion. I actually enjoyed the Silent Hill movie and I've seen it a lot of times. Silent Hills have always had a great story going on, some really creepy ass moments, really fitting music and as good documents as Resident Evil. I also love the multiple endings. One more thing are the comics and people who love Silent Hill should really read them since they capture the essence of Silent Hill in a really nice and twisted way.

Here's Silent Hill retrospective for those interested enough: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-retrospective-silent-hill/10142 (don't mind that it's called "Silent Hill Movie")

Other games like this? Try Project Zero/Fatal Frame, ObsCure and Forbidden Siren.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Ive only ever played the first one when it was released and it was scary shit. All i remember is running around after your daughter in a foggy town with creepy monsters and going to a school.I never kept in track with the series but eventually i will buy the latest ones like shattered memories,homecoming and the new one coming out next year.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 pm

very good post Mass...I have played every single Silent Hill game to date except for the moble ones...here is my rundown of the series:

SH1: the game that started it all...back in 1999 this game was on top of the survial horror genre...just a perfect scary game to play...many great moments that make you go WTF...this wasnt my first SH game but it still didnt fail at making me jump at some points

SH2: the second game is the best game in the series in my opinion...with the move to the PS2 the game was greatly improved with the graphics and gameplay...the story of the game is great with James getting a letter form his already dead wife saying "I will be waiting for you in our special place" and that special place just so happens to be Silent Hill so he goes to the town to find her but it dont turn out to be a happy vist...

SH3: Silent Hill 3 is the darkest game...the game has more freaky moments in it then you can shake a stick at...this one has many ties with the first game...this was my first Silent Hill experience and it instantly brought me into the series

SH4: The Room: Silent Hill took a different turn with SH4...konami changed inventory space and the way you fought enemies but despite the changes it was still good to play...it has some of the best monsters in the series as well...how about fighting a two headed baby?

SH: Origins: this game is the second best right behind number 2...I have this one for the psp and it is spectacular...Travis is a great character for Silent Hill...great background is given on the town and it brought back memories of the first game....needless to say it has strong ties with the first game...if you want to get into the series start with this one or of course the first one

SH: Homecoming: the first SH on next gen consoles...this is the most challenging SH...very tough to get the fighting right and there is very little ammo a true survival horror game...story was a liitle weak though but it was good to see pyramid head for the first time since the second game

SH: Shattered Memories: well this game is the weakest of the series I hate to say it...it is a complete remake of the first game but done a completely different way...the gameplay is very different...instead of fighting you just run and hide...they also gave the story a different twist then how the original first played out...dont play this one as your first SH

The movie was alright but could have been made better for SH fans

I am a huge SH fanatic so I can answer most questions thrown my way about the series

Back to top Go down
Citers
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Citers

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:21 pm

I just bought Silent hill 4 the room, and am slowly playing it. I realized I never played that one before. I haven't played homecoming either is it any good?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1097834915
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Homecoming is a good game but also the hardest in my opinion...so if you are up to a challenge get the game but I would recommend it regardless
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 am

Yeah, it's a pretty tough game. Good for a challenge Very Happy It's also a great transition of the series to a next gen console. Now I'm just eagerly waiting for the next game to see how much they have improved from Homecoming.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 pm

the next game should be very enjoyable...it will be much improved i think
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:47 am

Only 2 games I didnt play from the list are arcade / Shattered Memories.

Hmmmm I think its time to get WII emu.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:44 pm

I have always loved the series. I have never once played SH3 and got a bit frustrated with SH4. Homecoming, I loved.... the first playthrough is kinda a bitch and I did get pretty pissed a time or two playing it but all in all it wasn't that bad. I just finished Homecoming on hard not that long ago. I need to go pick up 3 and play it sometime and get 4 and finally finish it. I have always loved RE more, but Silent Hill is alot more creepy and scary in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:55 am

I think the RE and SH are the most sold horror / survival w/e games. Its a tough fight, but ppl prefer RE more, Sh kinda scares the young ones, and avoids dumb people that cant solve riddles. Not that I remember older series, but I think they had some good puzzles and sutff
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:40 pm

SH really does have great riddles to the games...some of them you have to really think about
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:10 pm

That's true. I love it how you have to really use your brain and read everything in the game to solve those riddles. Much more complicated than simple puzzles seen in most games nowadays.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Assassin's Creed 2...Now that game has some great puzzles.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:24 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

The world map one at the end was hard as fuck.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:04 am

weskersbarber wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

True, but the thing is that it gets boring just to jump around buildings and search for that blue symbol or w/e to start the puzzles.

Guards always distract me. Its like when I see the guard, I must run up to him and fool him around and I forget about my original quest.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 am

frodomir wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

True, but the thing is that it gets boring just to jump around buildings and search for that blue symbol or w/e to start the puzzles.

Guards always distract me. Its like when I see the guard, I must run up to him and fool him around and I forget about my original quest.

I only had trouble with one or two. One I had to look up on the Internet and I still don't understand how they got that answer. Razz

@Fro: I think looking for the symbols was one of the best parts. The feathers...not so much.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
frodomir wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I only had trouble with one or two. One I had to look up on the Internet and I still don't understand how they got that answer. Razz

@Fro: I think looking for the symbols was one of the best parts. The feathers...not so much.

I enjoyed gliding trough the town and just running around, fun stuff. Eden apple puzzles were a bit tricky later on, or w/e, I remember I scanned for something longer than usual. So I got bored of puzzles. I liked the spinning one or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
That's true. I love it how you have to really use your brain and read everything in the game to solve those riddles. Much more complicated than simple puzzles seen in most games nowadays.
I liked the puzzles in SH3 the best but my favorite has to be the pill puzzle in Origins where you have to put the right pill in each dolls mouth to get the key
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Regenerator wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I liked the puzzles in SH3 the best but my favorite has to be the pill puzzle in Origins where you have to put the right pill in each dolls mouth to get the key
I remember that the piano puzzle in SH1 was hard. I had to think for some time to help my friend with the answer.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I remember that the piano puzzle in SH1 was hard. I had to think for some time to help my friend with the answer.
yeah I forgot about that one...I lost count on how many times i tried to get it after 20...a very unique puzzle
Back to top Go down
NEMESIS23
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
NEMESIS23

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Silent Hill is a great Game series,The Movie was awesome too.I wish they made more of the movie..But anyway yes Silent Hill is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:40 pm

there will be a second Silent Hill movie but it will take some time for it to come out
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:07 am

Regenerator wrote:
there will be a second Silent Hill movie but it will take some time for it to come out

What did you think of the firsst one gen?
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:34 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

I thought it was ok...it had some good locations and refrences from the games but it could have been better
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 am

Regenerator wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Regenerator wrote:

I thought it was ok...it had some good locations and refrences from the games but it could have been better

I thought it was just ok nothing great. I was expecting a bit more but i havent played silent hill in over a decade so atthe same time hadnt a clue what to expect. But i do hope they make the next one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill -series   Silent Hill -series Empty

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill -series
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next