HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?

Go down 
+10
Shrike
Ghost Leader
Ssplain
nekronuke
Andrew
G+R
Mass Distraction
Spike991
weskersbarber
Godzilla90s
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:15 pm

i never really understood why people hate RE:Survivor. i personally thought that its a great game. i like the music, files, and the story of how leon sent ark thompsen to sheena island to investigate and he found out that there is a zombie outbreck there. i really liked the tyrant too and the cool picture where its ark's hand holding a gun on the floor after you die and how the countdown from 10 to 0 gets slower. the controls are great too. the only reason why i hate this game is how you cant save. so in this topic i would like to see why survivor is hated by most resident evil fans.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 10:39 am

i like the story to it as well but lets face it,gameplay wise its a shit game
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Gameplay wise, it was playable, but the story is what drove me, and it was pretty top notch.Smile

I think it would be cool if the next chronicle game(Umbrella, Darkside, etc) showed stuff from Survivor, Dead Aim, maybe some new stuff, just a nice way to add these things into the RE canon(although Survivor is already canon).Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:24 am

I don't know the answer to this one because I absolutely loved it! Maybe the graphics weren't too great but the story was awesome (and canon) and the gameplay was good enough for me. The fact that you couldn't save until after the credits didn't bother me that much since the game was short (although I actually played the game through pretty fast because I was searching for typewriters Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
G+R
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
G+R

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 am

I thought it was an awsome game.
I love that cut scene when you hear that old lady say "vincent its me your mother" i lold so hard.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Certainly one of the best stories though.Smile I can't remember what it was called exactly, but "Beta Hetero non-serotonon"...something like that. Those who have played will know what that is.Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 am

I got my copy of RE:Survivor in the mail a couple of days ago, and finally got to play it. I beat the game in 1hr. 31min. on my first play through. I thought the story was pretty cool, and Ark was a character that I'd like to see in a future RE game. I also liked how there were a couple of alternate paths that you could take. My only qualms with the game are the save function (or rather the lack of) and the sometimes messy control scheme. All in all, I found it to be an average game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/andrew_resi
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:33 pm

just yesterday i receved a sealed copy of survivor in the mail Very Happy i dident bother to do a video opening it tho lol. i really want to see ark or hunk in RE6. but the controls in survivor are the same as 1, 2, and 3 on PS1 just put into a first person perspective
Back to top Go down
nekronuke
Licker
Licker
nekronuke

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 pm

i want to-fu!! he was my favorite! ok him or HUNK. custom MP5. oh yes.
Back to top Go down
G+R
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
G+R

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:50 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Certainly one of the best stories though.Smile I can't remember what it was called exactly, but "Beta Hetero non-serotonon"...something like that. Those who have played will know what that is.Smile

Ohh yeah, i'm pretty sure thats the shit they extract from the those kids brains.......Vincent you monster! Mad
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 7:38 pm

G+R wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Ohh yeah, i'm pretty sure thats the shit they extract from the those kids brains.......Vincent you monster! Mad

Yeah, then they mass producde the T-103 model Tyrants.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:06 am

This is one of the few games in the series I have never even touched. Planning on ordering a copy soon as I find a decent one. Heard many bad things though.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:51 am

Ssplain wrote:
This is one of the few games in the series I have never even touched. Planning on ordering a copy soon as I find a decent one. Heard many bad things though.
Its only bad points were its save system and shortness, IMO. If you wanted to finish the game, you had to do it in one sitting because saving only saved your accumulated items rather than your progress and you would have to start back at the beginning of the game when you played later. Not that that was much of an issue since it was only about 30 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 am

It's FPS. That's why I am not a fan. While I had some fun playing it, I doubt I would ever return to play it again. Generally, the game is far from the quality of it's predecessors.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:20 am

Shrike wrote:
It's FPS. That's why I am not a fan. While I had some fun playing it, I doubt I would ever return to play it again. Generally, the game is far from the quality of it's predecessors.
It obviously wasn't a AAA title, this I'll admit, but still sticks to the survival horror standards of its predecessors and proves that you don't have to sacrifice the roots of a franchise to make it appeal to fans of another genre. You can at least acknowledge that, can't you?
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 am

To an extent, I can. The thing that I really liked were the multiple roads, and not just once, you could choose the road many times, and that makes for 3 very different scenarios. However, I definitely hate that you had infinite ammo for a handgun and wouldn't call it "survival horror" if I had to name it. The enemies weren't really vicious (I haven't played it for a long time, true, but I do remember that Lickers were sometimes very slow as opposed to RE2). That being said, I also dislike the FPS aspect. Never cared for any RE title which was a FPS in it's base, no matter how much it went for horror. There are games which can pull this off (Clive Barker's Undying), but RE? Nah, it's not RE I want. It's all subjective, of course, and I'd understand if someone liked Survivor a lot. It was okay for me, but hardly anything special.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Well my copy of Survivor is on the way! I am actually looking forward to playing a offrails fps of Resident Evil. Also really looking forward to learning this part of the story however small it may be.
I also do not like the fact that the handgun has infinite ammo, but I am going to try to enjoy it all the same!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Well my copy of Survivor is on the way! I am actually looking forward to playing a offrails fps of Resident Evil. Also really looking forward to learning this part of the story however small it may be.
I also do not like the fact that the handgun has infinite ammo, but I am going to try to enjoy it all the same!
It's enjoyable the first few times through, but it kind of wears itself out after so long.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
It's enjoyable the first few times through, but it kind of wears itself out after so long.

That is nice to know. I will probably play through each path once and then move onto another game. It seems like fans of Resident Evil mostly enjoy the game, but gamers in general do not.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:27 pm

I really want to get a copy of Survivor to see what all the fuss is about, personally from seeing gameplay of it I think it looks playable and quite enjoyable to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Sargent D wrote:
I really want to get a copy of Survivor to see what all the fuss is about, personally from seeing gameplay of it I think it looks playable and quite enjoyable to be honest.

I agree, it looks like a first-person RE2.
There are several copies going on eBay right now for a $15.00 buy it now in good condition.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:51 am

Well, my only suggestion to those who still didn't play the Resident Evil: Survivor is try the game first before you judge it. Because in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with it. Except to it's first person view. I swear I do hate it, and also the infinite ammo. I find it weird from the start. But overall I liked the game. I played it many times, and I enjoyed it well.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Ssplain wrote:
There are several copies going on eBay right now for a $15.00 buy it now in good condition.
Yeah I see cheap copies on eBay quite often when I check for them, I am considering buying one here soon hopefully.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:59 pm

I prefer Amazon. Survivor is nice to have to have. The story alone is worth the purchase. The music and atmosphere is cool too. Just expect awful graphics, voice acting, and less than awesome gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
I prefer Amazon. Survivor is nice to have to have. The story alone is worth the purchase. The music and atmosphere is cool too. Just expect awful graphics, voice acting, and less than awesome gameplay.
Not the mention the occasional horrible english translations throughout the game. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?   Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Survivor. Why do People Hate it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next