Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE5 Loose Ends???!!

Go down 
+4
Voltius
Ghost Leader
Indiana Jones
Spike991
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
It doesn't matter that Chris and Jill didn't do anything direct like hug, kiss, rip each other's clothes off, etc.. Body language, eye contact, and the fact that Chris was willing to fight the devil (both figuratively and literally) to save her is much more clear than just a little kiss.

Leon and Ada didn't kiss until the end, yet it was still obvious all the way through that they were falling in love (at least, to me it was).

Sure, as I had previously said they don't need to being kissing or hugging or etc., but despite that being absent I just don't see the body language that would imply what you are thinking, we are watching the same thing and just interpretting it differently...Smile
Eye contact is a major sign of a relationship, in any case.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:17 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
It doesn't matter that Chris and Jill didn't do anything direct like hug, kiss, rip each other's clothes off, etc.. Body language, eye contact, and the fact that Chris was willing to fight the devil (both figuratively and literally) to save her is much more clear than just a little kiss.

Leon and Ada didn't kiss until the end, yet it was still obvious all the way through that they were falling in love (at least, to me it was).

Sure, as I had previously said they don't need to being kissing or hugging or etc., but despite that being absent I just don't see the body language that would imply what you are thinking, we are watching the same thing and just interpretting it differently...Smile

What kind of relationship?
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:21 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

What kind of relationship?
Depends on the eye contact. Whether it is long or short, whether they look at each other or into each other, etc.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:24 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Depends on the eye contact. Whether it is long or short, whether they look at each other or into each other, etc.

You said it is a major sign of 'A relationship', but the eye contact I saw was not like that of 'THE relationship'.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:26 am

Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

You said it is a major sign of 'A relationship', but the eye contact I saw was not like that of 'THE relationship'.Smile
I've been reading a lot of topics in the last 5 minutes and have kind of lost what I was talking about. We are talking about Chris and Jill right? If so, I for one saw an obvious flare in the flashbacks in RE5.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:28 am

So if they look into eachother, they love eachother? What's love?
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:31 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Now this is getting a bit too philosophical. Very Happy In the end, people, is this case us as games, see what they want to see, especially when it comes to their favorite games and characters.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:31 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

I've been reading a lot of topics in the last 5 minutes and have kind of lost what I was talking about. We are talking about Chris and Jill right? If so, I for one saw an obvious flare in the flashbacks in RE5.

Sorry bud wrong topic, just kidding.Smile Yeah it is Chris and Jill that are the topic of discussion here.

If by the flashbacks you mean the Shadows Of The Past scene, well Jill jumping in the way to save Chris doesn't imply that she has those types of feeling for him.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:33 am

Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Sorry bud wrong topic, just kidding.Smile Yeah it is Chris and Jill that are the topic of discussion here.

If by the flashbacks you mean the Shadows Of The Past scene, well Jill jumping in the way to save Chris doesn't imply that she has those types of feeling for him.Smile
I was actually thinking a bit more of the few moments before they burst through the double doors.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:34 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Now this is getting a bit too philosophical. Very Happy In the end, people, is this case us as games, see what they want to see, especially when it comes to their favorite games and characters.

Indeed lol. I'm just trying to imply that there isn't enough to go on right now to tell what kind of love they have for each other.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
I was actually thinking a bit more of the few moments before they burst through the double doors.

Oh, the scene where they just walked side-by-side and hardly looked at eachother...

If by that logic Sheva should also be an attraction for Chris, as they walked, ran, dodged sid-by-side nearly the whole game...

Personally I didnt like how much emphasis they put on her as being your partner...
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Indeed lol. I'm just trying to imply that there isn't enough to go on right now to tell what kind of love they have for each other.
True, very true indeed. I hope to see the new Jill in the next game though.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:41 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

We certainly don't have enought to go on as of right now.Smile I believe I said that earlier...

And I also hope we get another glimpse of Jill, see what happened to her hair, what she is up to.

And if her and Chris and Jill are pulling an Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy then you can say "I told you so".Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:48 am

Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

We certainly don't have enought to go on as of right now.Smile I believe I said that earlier...

And I also hope we get another glimpse of Jill, see what happened to her hair, what she is up to.

And if her and Chris and Jill are pulling an Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy then you can say "I told you so".Smile
You can count on that, Spike, you can count on that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Indiana Jones
Zombie
Zombie
Indiana Jones

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:28 pm

lol, Im putting my money on a Chris-and-Jill Romance, I guess were gonna have to wait and see Spike Cool
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:27 pm

I think it would be nice to see Jill and Chris united for the finale ever game when it arrives at some stage...when the bringing down of Tricell and Umbrella becomes apparent...after all they were in the thick of it right from the start...partners to the very end.....i just don't ever want to see Chris killed off.....that would probably make me cry....having played as him from the start i'd say it's almost like me and him have been through it all lol!

Ah heck of course we all wanna see something nice happen to the characters...playing the games is like going through the years of hell yourself...who doesn't talk, scream,gasp or unite in horror with everything that happens....thats when you know you have great characters...when you care about them...thats when you know you have one hell of a gaming series.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Oh, the scene where they just walked side-by-side and hardly looked at eachother...

If by that logic Sheva should also be an attraction for Chris, as they walked, ran, dodged sid-by-side nearly the whole game...

Personally I didnt like how much emphasis they put on her as being your partner...

Nailed it on the head. Just because two poeople work together and care about each other doesn't mean they're intimate.

I think sometimes we confuse what things ARE with what we WISH they were. Chris + Jill is a possibility I guess but Not all relationships between a man and woman are the intimate kind. Eye Staring Contests and all.

I mean the way Louis looked at Leon in RE4 when Leon freed him "from the closet" and ripped off the tape on his mouth and Louis said, "Oooooo, A little rough, don't you think", and the way Louis talked to him, one might say Louis was totally gay for Leon, and Leon gay for Louis with the way he yelled LOOOOOOUUUUUUIIIIIISSSSSS when Saddler "Penetrated Him" with his..... ..... 3rd leg looking thing that came out from under his robe... and when the long limb subsided it specifically retracted back somewhere between his legs... interesting.

See. It's easy to over-exagerate subtle clues and turn them into "Displays of Affection" or "Erotic Fan Fiction" or "So and So loves So and So".

Here's another one, The way Nemesis persude Jill. There was TOTALLY something going on there. Or Heck, even the way Sherry and Claire were so close that Claire put her vest on her, I'm sure there's people out there that seeing these displays of normal human affection somehow turned it into something it's not and totally though them wanted to Lez-out.

(Sorry if my post offends someone, it's purpose is comedic and also to proove a point about how different fans interpret things differently)
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Voltius wrote:
Just because two poeople work together and care about each other doesn't mean they're intimate.

I think sometimes we confuse what things ARE with what we WISH they were. Chris + Jill is a possibility I guess but Not all relationships between a man and woman are the intimate kind. Eye Staring Contests and all.

I think that pretty sums up what I was talking about, and the comedic stuff was funny and relevant, if not a bit incoherent.Smile

Obviously some of us here have misinterpreted the exact same scenes a tad bit differently, we seem to be in a deadlock, so the only real thing to solve it would be to wait for more stuff with these two characters.Smile

As for he eye contact, that just didn't seem like anything to me, I am now going to go back and really study the eye contact, but it sure didn't have anything on Leon and Angela "Deadeye" Miller.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Voltius wrote:
Here's another one, The way Nemesis persude Jill. There was TOTALLY something going on there. Or Heck, even the way Sherry and Claire were so close that Claire put her vest on her, I'm sure there's people out there that seeing these displays of normal human affection somehow turned it into something it's not and totally though them wanted to Lez-out.
Considering Nemesis was a biological weapon programmed to hunt down and kill all STARS members and Sherry was a 12-year-old kid, I hardly think those situations are hardly comparable to Jill and Chris.
Back to top Go down
Jill Valentine
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jill Valentine

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:27 pm

time to throw a bit more evidence into the mix Razz

Exibit A:

what is the achievement description for saving Jill with Sheva's help?

ofc We are Refering to Masters of Removing Razz

is it save a friend? nope
save a close friend maybe? no again

or maybe save a close aquaintance? not even close

the text states "Work with your partner to save someone special", a paraphrase most often accociated with a loved one. not to a partner/best friend or collegue....

Exibit B:

what is the brunt of Excella's conversation with Chris?...

Well its not her telling anything, and definatley very little about Wesker or uruboros thats for certain!

"Jill, Jill, Jill, you sound like a broken record you know that?" Excella is mocking Chris for his obvious NEED to find Jill, to the extent of pineing like a needy pet...

Exibit C:

At the end of every RE game they have been in together, whom has Chris always looked to first?

Rebbeca? nope she was asleep on the floor

Barry? he was busy thinkin about sandwiches while inspecting his gun

Sheva? newp Razz

or was it Jill? That has fallen asleep on Chris, been by his side for several situations and was the first to be looked at by chris between them as the two shared a moment of smiles and eye contact, which sheva seemed to note.

Case dismissed Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:53 pm

Most of that isn't evidenciary as it is your interpretations of things.Smile

I have good friends that I consider 'someone special', I probably wouldn't use that term for them, but I also wouldn't use it or a romantic interest either.Smile

She was mocking him for demanding the same thing repeatedley, as that is the main reason he was there in Africa to begin with, he got a tip that she might have still been alive, it isn't like he is going to keep asking to see Rebecca.Smile

Jill fell asleep on Chris' shoulder, after that incident I think I might have done the same thing.:)lolz
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Considering Nemesis was a biological weapon programmed to hunt down and kill all STARS members and Sherry was a 12-year-old kid, I hardly think those situations are hardly comparable to Jill and Chris.

Pfffff, Ghost Leader you obviously understand nothing.

Contrary to popular belief, Sherry was not an "innoscent 12 year old girl who's parents worked at the umbrella chemical plant" like the instruction manual said. At Least that's not what the Super Secret True Ending of RE2 showed (available only on the first 100 RE2 discs printed in Japan) or was that a fan made bootleg sold at a Hentai shop....

Anyway, regarding the love triangle in RE3 concerning Jill, Nemesis, and Brad. Very few people know the true reason for Nemesis's love struck pursuit of Jill, and assume the obvious: that Nemesis wanted to kill Jill. But really the opposite is true.

Nemesis, quick to find a replacement for the love of his life, Brad, who died a terrible untimely death when Nemesis lost control of himself during intercourse (the tentacle coming out of his hand is how he makes love) decided that Jill should be next in line to be his lover. In RE3, Jill was simply running from Nemesis because she hadn't taken her birth control yet and also needed to find a form of contraception powerful enough to protect her from the love-making that would ensue later on in one of the Game's Secret Secret True Endings available only in the Japanese Version. Nemesis's passion for her was so strong he couldn't control it, thus his reason for chasing her down with a Rocket Launcher. Simply put: he was dying for her love, and she for his. Literally.

I hope the above statements clear up any long held misconceptions the Resident Evil community has had and if you need further explanations I would be proud to help guide the community as a whole toward the truth about the little known events that transpired.

Spike991 wrote:
I think that pretty sums up what I was talking about, and the comedic stuff was funny and relevant, if not a bit incoherent.Smile

Sorry, I was running off 2 hours of sleep and just came home from work. I actually typed that up right before I passed out.
Back to top Go down
Jill Valentine
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jill Valentine

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:49 am

Spike991 wrote:
Most of that isn't evidenciary as it is your interpretations of things.Smile

I have good friends that I consider 'someone special', I probably wouldn't use that term for them, but I also wouldn't use it or a romantic interest either.Smile

She was mocking him for demanding the same thing repeatedley, as that is the main reason he was there in Africa to begin with, he got a tip that she might have still been alive, it isn't like he is going to keep asking to see Rebecca.Smile

Jill fell asleep on Chris' shoulder, after that incident I think I might have done the same thing.:)lolz

That it may be, but again (if your a file monkey like myself) stated in Chris'es personal file, Chris has gone to Africa for more than just the reason of BOW's, theres a hidden agenda.....he wont tell anyone why, not even his closest comrades....

The reason he was so desperate to take the mission is he knew deep down Jill was still alive, and he also knew Wesker had survived, so one way or the other he was going to find out the truth.

He also tirelessly seeked to do good for the memory of Jill as well (done more missions than any other BSAA operative as stated in his personal file)

Losing Jill definatley had a massive effect on Chris....you just need to read the file and you'll understand Razz
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:12 am

I agree with Spike. Right now, all of this can also be interpreted as Chris and Jill being extremely, yet platonically, close. And as Voltius has made clear, no one will love Jill more than the kind hearted, passionate Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:51 pm

Unfortunately I haven't had the oppurtunity to read too many of the RE5 documents, some of the text is also really strainous on the eyes, someone at Capcom thought it was a good idea to put white text on white backgrounds.Smile

Yeah I said that Chris went to Africa primarily to search for Jill, as he went to Rockfort Island to search for Claire, very reminiscent I think.Smile But anyway that only shows that he cares about her, nothing romantic is implied in that fact that he went there determined to find her....

And I don't believe he knew Wesker was still alive, or at least involved in the plot, as he seemed suprised to hear 'Albert' when him and Sheva were in the elevator dropping eaves on Excella's conversation.Smile

@NiteCrawler, "kind hearted, passionate Nemesis.", just had to point that out, I got a laugh or two.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE5 Loose Ends???!!   RE5 Loose Ends???!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE5 Loose Ends???!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next